#2053936 01/09/24 01:37 PM
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
Below is the schedule for this weekend;

Saturday, Jan. 13

Game 1: Cleveland Browns at Houston Texans, 4:30 p.m. (NBC)
Game 2: Miami Dolphins at Kansas City Chiefs, 8 p.m. (Peacock)
Sunday, Jan. 14

Game 3: Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Game 4: Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys, 4:30 p.m. (Fox)
Game 5: Los Angeles Rams at Detroit Lions, 8 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Jan. 15

Game 6: Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 8 p.m. (ABC, ESPN)

N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
It could be the coldest home game in Chiefs history

Dolphins-Chiefs updated kickoff forecast:

10 degrees, -8 wind chill, gusts to 29 mph, and a slight chance of snow.

N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
Potential bad weather in Buffalo too
When the Bills get a home playoff game, a bad weather game is always possible.

It seems like the Steelers and Bills will be playing through some poor conditions for a 1 p.m. ET kickoff Sunday. Yahoo Weather says the high will be 25 degrees with a good chance of snow. The forecast has a 63% chance for precipitation. There is a high wind warning for mid-week in Buffalo, and Weather Channel says predicted winds are 15 to 25 mph for Sunday.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
It could be the coldest home game in Chiefs history

Dolphins-Chiefs updated kickoff forecast:

10 degrees, -8 wind chill, gusts to 29 mph, and a slight chance of snow.

Just my feeling, but the Dolphin's season died on their own field Sunday night. All that momentum and the early huge division lead out the window. Now going on the road to play in a cold weather Stadium.

R.I.P. '23 Dolphins

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
T.J Watt has already been ruled out this week. No surprise there

P
Legend
Legend
P
I find it odd that they have a Monday night game during the playoffs. It gives one team a short week no matter who their opponent is the following week.

I would think that a 1:00, 4:30 and 8:00 game for both the AFC on Saturday and the NFC on Sunday would have been the most fair way to do it. Instead they roll over one AFC game to Sunday and one NFC game to Monday night.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I hear what you're saying but we both know it's all about the almighty dollar.

Monday Night game on WC Weekend is always the NFC 4 vs 5 seed (at least in the last three years since it started). That winner is always scheduled on Sunday rather than Saturday the following week. I'm guessing the NFL would argue that there has always been the possibility of a short week in the playoffs since Saturday games were started (1970s?)

M
Legend
Legend
M

FATE #2053954 01/09/24 02:19 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think we certainly agree it's about the money and not what would be the fairest treatment of all teams involved.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
Miami picked up Justin Houston and Bruce Ervin today

L
Legend
Legend
L
I think it’s BS to have a Monday night playoff game. It’s unfair to the winner of that game. But you know, the League....

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
FATE #2054003 01/09/24 09:52 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted by FATE
Just my feeling, but the Dolphin's season died on their own field Sunday night. All that momentum and the early huge division lead out the window. Now going on the road to play in a cold weather Stadium.

R.I.P. '23 Dolphins

I want to take the Chiefs as well, however, remember New Orleans - a warm weather, dome team; beating us in sub-zero temps last season.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It would be great to have Delpit available. Hickman has been awesome in coverage and Delpit could really help closer to the LOS.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Some potential upsets I'm thinking about.

1. Tampa Over Philadelphia-- The Eagles have had a pretty bad defense all season but their secondary has really been exploited and opposing teams have passed on them at-will. A player like Mike Evans could have a huge game and Baker should be in a very good spot with the amount of passing attempts I'm expecting him to have.

2. Pittsburgh Over Buffalo-- This pretty much comes down to the weather report as Buffalo is a far superior team overall. A quote from a site I subscribe to reads "Cold, windy, potentially some snow too. Temps will be in the 20s, with sustained winds around 15mph and gusts around 30mph." I've read another report that the weather will "feel like zero degrees" with the wind factor. 30 mph winds are the biggest issue to me and might suppress the passing game for each team. This may be a low scoring affair with the winner having the least amount of turnovers and a better running game move on to the next round.

Tackles are tackles.
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
On the Pit @ Buffalo game-Here is the weather report

Rain showers before 8am, then rain and snow showers between 8am and 10am, then snow showers after 10am. High near 37. Windy, with a southwest wind 23 to 28 mph increasing to 32 to 37 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Legend
Legend
One of these QBs has a very strong arm, the other does not. Allen could probably throw a ball through a hurricane.

FATE #2054168 01/11/24 01:18 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree. If either team has a QB capable of throwing the ball in those weather conditions it would be the Bills with Allen.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Mason Rudolph throwing in high winds sounds like a bunch of INTs about to happen.

Without TJ Watt, I don't see the Steelers defense being able to do enough to hamper the Bills.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: FATE
FATE #2054175 01/11/24 01:38 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Problem is he would also throw the ball through a hurricane to the defense a few times. He really giveth and taketh away, quite literally.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Rain showers before 8am, then rain and snow showers between 8am and 10am, then snow showers after 10am. High near 37. Windy, with a southwest wind 23 to 28 mph increasing to 32 to 37 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Never mind. The Dangerous One chimed in

Last edited by Milk Man; 01/11/24 05:51 PM. Reason: Daryl Ruiter reports otherwise.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Single digit temps in KC this weekend.

[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Never mind. The Dangerous One chimed in

It would be kinda cool though to have bills fans celebrating thier victory over the Steelers in Cleveland lol

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
It's been my observation the last few years that the "warm weather" team usually comes out better prepared for the cold weather games than the Home team. I don't think I ever see much of any advantage there, at all, for the "cold weather" teams.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
Just checked ticketmaster as I am eating lunch.
It looks like about 45-50% of the seats for the Chiefs game are up for resale, and the lowest prices for the upper level are already in the low $30's each.
Buffalo has some seats for sale also, but nowhere near KC.

Updated weather for KC ;
SaturdayMostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 5. Wind chill values between -14 and -20. Blustery, with a northwest wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
Saturday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values between -21 and -28. West northwest wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Buffalo-(I included Sat night-I know the game is Sunday @ 1)-Buffalo wasn't supposed to get the snow going till Sunday early but it looks like it will be really snowy with the westerly wind off the lake). The snow is going to be blowing everywhere Sunday

Saturday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 22. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 38 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
SundaySnow before 4pm, then snow showers likely after 4pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. High near 25. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Legend
Legend
The Cowboys are heavy favorites at home over the Packers.

IMO the cowpokes are over rated. They can score. They are good at home. But they fall apart when they are pushed when it counts.

I do not see the Steelers winning although I want them to win.

Although the KC has struggled. I don't think the Dolphins travel well.

The Rams vs Lions is an interesting game. Toss up. I like the home team.

The Eagles are hurting. Jalen Hurts cannot grip the ball. They are better than TB but this game could go either way.

Love the Browns. IMO we are the better team.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
It's been my observation the last few years that the "warm weather" team usually comes out better prepared for the cold weather games than the Home team. I don't think I ever see much of any advantage there, at all, for the "cold weather" teams.

There isn't. Nobody likes super cold, bad conditions.

I think one can condition for the heat, not so much for cold. Plus, I think being better able to stand cold conditions is established when one is young, like you walked to school in the cold weather.

Just my general observation is it seems most NFL players are from the south, so they didn't do that. Just because a player plays in Cleveland or Buffalo doesn't mean they grew up in weather like that.

Nothing scientific about my post, just the observation of an old guy who has lived in different climates over the decades.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Just checked ticketmaster as I am eating lunch.
It looks like about 45-50% of the seats for the Chiefs game are up for resale, and the lowest prices for the upper level are already in the low $30's each.
Buffalo has some seats for sale also, but nowhere near KC.

If the Browns weren't playing, I'd make the drive for the KC game.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Lions/Rams could be the best game of the weekend. So many story lines involving that game.

Legend
Legend
Steelers/Bills moved to Monday

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

I see that as a major problem. You have fans planning on that Sunday game, now they have to check with work to see if they can even go. Travelers have to change flights, hotel bookings, etc.

If a cold climate team doesn't have a roof on the stadium, they should never be allowed to host a playoff game. Their playoff game will be play at a neutral site.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
yeah, I personally don't think it should be moved

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
It seems as though it's six of one and a half dozen of the other. In this case your opinion seems to hold merit. On the other hand in your scenario the Browns would never have a home playoff game. I'm not quite sure how fans would react to that. If that were to actually happen I'm not sure how you would react to that.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

I see that as a major problem. You have fans planning on that Sunday game, now they have to check with work to see if they can even go. Travelers have to change flights, hotel bookings, etc.

If a cold climate team doesn't have a roof on the stadium, they should never be allowed to host a playoff game. Their playoff game will be play at a neutral site.

Not to mention people that have already traveled and arrived before the game time change and have spent money they wouldn't need to if this decision was made earlier. This forecast has been steady for a few days now and I think the NFL dragged their feet on this IF changing the game day/time/location has been an option for awhile, which it obviously was.

That said......Steelers (IMO) will be in a worse position with potentially better weather. That part I like.

Tackles are tackles.
A
Legend
Legend
A
The other side is: How many times have we heard about 'terrible storms" that didn't come? Yes, it's a terrible thing for the fans. I get that. I understand that.

The weather put the game in jeopardy. And I bet no player is upset about it. Fans? Maybe.

One other thing about 'cold weather teams" having an advantage with a home game in cold weather.

Most of the players in the nfl have played in cold weather. 2. None of the cold weather teams practice in the cold. It's almost all indoors.

Sucks for the fans, I know, and many of them as you said traveled, spent money, etc. Perhaps many won't be able to stick around/won't stick around for the game.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

This isn't about having a roof on the stadium or not. It's the general storm that will make travel conditions hazardous. Can't control the weather.

2 members like this: PitDAWG, FATE
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Thruway will be shut down wont be able to get anywhere

Legend
Legend
Buffalo Bills NFL playoff game vs Pittsburgh Steelers POSTPONED and moved to Monday afternoon due to dangerous conditions with 65mph wind gusts and over a foot of snow forecast

The Buffalo Bills playoff game against Pittsburgh Steelers has been moved to Monday afternoon at 4:30pm due to dangerous conditions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/n...me-vs-Pittsburgh-Steelers-POSTPONED.html

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
why not move KC Miami to Sunday at 1

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Gameday: Browns at Texans Wild Card Weekend

Link Copied to Clipboard