Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
You should be banned for posting that !

I won't sleep for weeks !

but wait, there's MORE!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
OMG !!!

LMAO !!

Ban yourself !!!

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
While this article link does point out some good points, Browns fans need to ask the question "are these replacement players as good or better than the players who ended up on IR or those who out for shorter periods of time, due to injury..?

Each of the 4 remaining games will test the Browns 'next man up' philosophy. Can the Browns coaching staff continue to prepare those players being called upon to fill in for the Browns starters..?

Can GM Berry and his staff continue to find talented players to help fill the Browns needs that are being created as the Browns injuries continue to mount.

Can Stefanski continue to adjust his game plan on a weekly basis based on the talent available..? Finding Flacco might have been a blessing for Stefanski who seemed to do his best as a OC while coaching Vikings QB Kirk Cousins. Flacco's style of play is similar to the play of Cousins when he arrived in Minnesota in 2018, when Stefanski was named the Viking OC.

I'm hoping that the entire franchise realizes what is on the line for the players, coaches, front office, ownership and the fans. The work will continue and the work load could increase if the injuries continue to mount.

NEXT MAN UP must succeed as the team fights to make the playoffs and see just how far the Browns can go.

The issue of the high rate of injuries being suffered by our Browns players must be an area of major concern once the Browns season has ended. It's too late to do anything about that issue this year. We need everyone focusing on what they can do to support the team the rest of this season.

Last edited by mac; 12/16/23 12:35 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
And without any evidence connecting the two, the band played on.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Don't laugh! This is the new SB halftime (part-time?) entertainment. Looking for audience participation. . . .

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And without any evidence connecting the two, the band played on.

Not a damn thing wrong with bringing the Browns injury problem up now or at anytime. The trend has gone on for years and should have been addressed long before now.

But, as I pointed out, nothing can be done to reverse the injury issues that have been ignored as just the cost of doing business in the NFL. If the Browns fail to achieve their goals and the number injuries suffered throughout the year appear to be a major factor...that would be a good time to discuss what the Browns franchise needs to do better in the off-season to improve for next season.

Last edited by mac; 12/16/23 12:49 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sure sure. Invent dots so you can connect them where dots don't exist.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by mac
Browns fans need to ask the question "are these replacement players as good or better than the players who ended up on IR...
No they don't. rolleyes
All the Fans need to do is watch and hope the Browns win. thumbsup Ask how they will win with the players they have.

The Browns Can Win with the Healthy players that they have suiting up to play, who are some of the best players at their position, In the National Freaking Football League.

SMOTHER the Bears, You Need Every game, you are playing against the Bengals, steelers and Bills, in this game against the Bears

and the Browns, in Jeron Christian and James Hudson have 2 of the best OT's in the entire NFL, so POUND THE Bears,
Run it right at them,
Run right over them
and run it right through them.

screw the Bears.
You only play one game tomorrow, so Get after it.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Camel toe.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep, 50+ years old too… smh.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
50 is the new 30.

Many 30 year olds haven't even moved out of their parents' houses yet.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Browns fans need to ask the question "are these replacement players as good or better than the players who ended up on IR

Maybe the dimmer ones do. My thinking is it is obvious that the replacements aren't as good or better than those they have replaced. In a couple of cases a few might be nearly as good. If they were better, why would they be replacing anybody?

I understand the concerns about the injuries this season, or any season for that matter. I just don't think one can conclude that the source cause of the injuries stems from an insufficient training program. I don't see any way how the training staff could have altered anything in the program that could have prevented Chubb from blowing out his knee, Watson from breaking a bone in his shoulder, or could have strengthened the brains for any of the multiple players who have had concussions.

In years past I have railed about the over training of players. When players were tearing pecs and biceps because their muscles were as taut as piano strings, training could be a source cause. Little emphasis seemed to be directed at flexibility. I don't see any way the training staff could have trained Chubb to where his knee could bend horizontally without damage.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: oobernoober, jfanent
Legend
Legend
Whenever a team gets a rash of injuries, there is always the trainers. Maybe that's fair,.,, But since the injury bug is hitting a lot of QB's around the league, maybe it's not training.. all the training staffs around the league can't be bad at their jobs. Not all at once....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I heard or read somewhere that each new generation of men has less testosterone than the previous. Maybe that has something to do with at least the soft tissue aspect of the injuries. The players who are in the league now are bigger, faster and stronger than the ones that played in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s but I think they were tougher back then. Just an observation for what it’s worth.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Browns fans need to ask the question "are these replacement players as good or better than the players who ended up on IR

Maybe the dimmer ones do.

7am Sunday morning and we already have our post of the week.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I heard or read somewhere that each new generation of men has less testosterone than the previous. Maybe that has something to do with at least the soft tissue aspect of the injuries. The players who are in the league now are bigger, faster and stronger than the ones that played in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s but I think they were tougher back then. Just an observation for what it’s worth.

Is it less testosterone or is it they are filled with more microplastics, anti-biotics, artificial preservatives/additives, anti-depressants/medications, and petroleum byproducts?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Good point Bull. Lord knows what the players are taking behind the scenes.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Theres something to that, these guys now are built in a gym. they are built for size and speed, guys back in the old days we big strong guys that got that way through genetics or their hard labor off season jobs, functional strength was being built that way and it holds up..its why in combat sports gym muscles are looked at as being less favorable than strength developed by functional training and calisthenics. The soft tissues of tendons and the areas around the points of movement or exertion will give way, plyo type exercises help strengthen tendons but once you have an injury they almost never go back to same elasticity, which increases chance for re-injury. Its common in NFL sure, but at the rate we are experiencing non contact type injuries (like chubbs wasn't going to matter what was done prevenative) one has to think there has to be something we can do better in terms of building functional strength and flexibility

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think a lack of fat plays a role.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
50 is the new 30.

Many 30 year olds haven't even moved out of their parents' houses yet.

What a croc. 50 didn’t feel like my 30s to me, that’s for damn sure.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm healthier and in better shape in my 50's than in 30's.

So maybe its just you.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
anyone ever look at pictures of people who were in their 30s/40s from history? it's crazy how they legit look like they're in their 50s/60s

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I'm healthier and in better shape in my 50's than in 30's.

So maybe its just you.

If the Browns could figure out Nick Chubb's secrete to getting the most out of the Browns H&C program..?

Browns RB Nick Chubb Creates Buzz After Viral Video

Cleveland Browns running back Nick Chubb appears well on his way to making a full recovery from a devastating knee injury he suffered in September.

In a video posted by Cleveland.com, Chubb was spotted walking without crutches or a brace on his injured left knee before Sunday’s game against the Chicago Bears as he entered the stadium.

Chubb had surgery to repair his ACL in mid-November. He previously had surgery on his MCL in September. Chubb was injured against the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 18. The play that he suffered the injury on was so gruesome that the broadcast did not show a replay. Despite worries that his career might be at risk, Chubb is once again demonstrating his ability to surpass all predictions.

Chubb has not spoken publicly since the injury but he’s been around the Browns’ facility and at home games. He’s also been spending some time with his teammates and seems to be in good spirits.

“Nick doing real good,” Hunt said on November 2. “He’s keeping his spirits high. He’s working hard in the training room and I know he’s looking forward to getting back.”

Since arriving in 2018 as a second-round pick Chubb has been the heartbeat of the Browns, both on the field and in the locker room as a stoic leader. He rushed for 1,525 yards and 12 touchdowns during the 2022 season. It was his fourth consecutive season rushing for over 1,000 yards and his career 5.2 per carry average is among the league’s elite.

Nick Chubb Channeling Batman in Recovery

The picture depicted the shattered mask of Batman, a consequence of his battle with the antagonist Bane in “The Dark Knight Rises.” In the encounter, Batman is overpowered and severely wounded, leading Bane to remark, “victory has defeated you.” Despite this, Batman manages to overcome his setbacks and ultimately triumphs.

Chubb had previously discussed how the film, especially that specific scene, served as an inspiration during his recovery from a similar knee injury he sustained while playing at Georgia.

“I remember I was like on top of the world, coming off a good [freshman] season, feeling myself, doing good in everything, and he said that, and I feel like he was talking to me,” Chubb told The Akron Beacon Journal in 2020. “I kind of used that as motivation to keep me up and keep me going because of how he came back from that. That’s how I attacked my rehab and my recovery from my injury.”

Chubb is expected to be ready to play at some point next season, although an exact timeline is still unknown.

Despite picking up a 20-17 win, the Browns’ running game had it’s roughest showing of the season against the Bears. Cleveland had just 29 rushing yards as a team. To pick up the slack, quarterback Joe Flacco came through with 374 passing yards and a pair of scores.

The ground game has been inconsistent for the Browns this season without Chubb but Jerome Ford and Kareem Hunt have had their share of big plays. The Browns are averaging 123.7 yards on the ground this season.

Ford leads the Browns with 718 rushing yards. He’s averaging 4.1 yards per carry. Hunt has been primarily the short-yardage back for Cleveland. Hunt — who was signed shortly after Chubb’s injury — has collected 369 rushing yards and a team-high seven touchdowns.

J.R. DeGroote covers the Cleveland Browns and Los Angeles Lakers for Heavy.com. He covered local and statewide sports as a reporter for West Hawaii Today and has decades of experience in digital media with previous stops at SB Nation and Bleacher Report. He has won multiple state, regional and national honors for sports reporting and photography. More about J.R. DeGroote

1 member likes this: JimDawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
Glad to hear he is in good spirits and on the way to a sound recovery.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The man is a beast, and he has remained in good spirits. Nobody will outwork him in his quest to return by the start of next season.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
2 members like this: JimDawg, jfanent
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by GMdawg
The man is a beast, and he has remained in good spirits. Nobody will outwork him in his quest to return by the start of next season.

I know. I never doubted his determination. Now it is just a matter of how close to 100% he can get. His new 100% might not be equal to his old 100%. Time will tell.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
We will find out, but if it's possible Chubb is determined to do it. The man is just amazing.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
the big trick with an ACL is in getting the body to re-learn how to fire the quadriceps muscles. Once the surgical site is healed and enough time has gone that you can start working the reattachment, then as long as you can get those muscles to fire, you can walk.

Browns is the Browns

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
the big trick with an ACL is in getting the body to re-learn how to fire the quadriceps muscles. Once the surgical site is healed and enough time has gone that you can start working the reattachment, then as long as you can get those muscles to fire, you can walk.

Good to know. Lets hope he gets things firing enough to allow him to run.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The thing I'm most interested with in regards to our Injured Reserve corps of players is figuring out who on that list might be able to return for the playoffs.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
[quote]I don't see any way how the training staff could have altered anything in the program that could have prevented Chubb from blowing out his knee, Watson from breaking a bone in his shoulder, or could have strengthened the brains for any of the multiple players who have had concussions.

Yes, they could have. If they had mac's high school training regimen that strengthens knees to withstand any collision, then we'd never have had a single person on the injury report all season.

Why do they not have this info? Mac hasn't given it out. He's been asked repeatedly on here, and hasn't disclosed. You'd think that if mac wanted his Browns to win, then he'd have shared, right?

It's clear. Mac is a Steelers fan.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by GMdawg

[Linked Image from cdn.vox-cdn.com]

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Yep, 50+ years old too… smh.

70+ now. I saw that prancing lady workout back in the late 90’s

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Was the amount of Browns injuries this year an out layer or really a problem unique to the Browns? I don't know that answer, but the NFL injury report shows a trend that is marking the Browns number of injuries as disturbing considering the difference between the league as a whole and the Browns.

Injuries as a whole were down this season, as NFL players collectively missed 700 fewer games due to injuries than last season. That was driven, league health and safety officials said, largely by reductions in lower-extremity strains (such as injuries to hamstring, calf and groin muscles) and knee injuries. The 52 torn ACLs suffered during preseason and regular season games and practices represented a roughly 24 percent reduction from the average of the previous two seasons.
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-consid...5.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=0_00

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
We had a lot more hamstring, calf and groin injuries than the rest of the league?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE
We had a lot more hamstring, calf and groin injuries than the rest of the league?

Not the point, there were 700 less games missed compared to the overall games missed by injuries in the NFL in 2023 compared last season. The Browns had significantly more games missed by injury in 2023 compared to 2022. The question is why the spike for the Browns when the league as a whole showed a significant reduction? I don't claim to know the reason but it's an obvious trend that is not conducive to winning going forward if it doesn't change.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you need to stop it right now! naughtydevil

You are starting to travel down the road of stealing Mac's conspiracy theory.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Uhhh... you just tried to make it the point.

Originally Posted by steve0255
Was the amount of Browns injuries this year an out layer or really a problem unique to the Browns? I don't know that answer, but the NFL injury report shows a trend that is marking the Browns number of injuries as disturbing considering the difference between the league as a whole and the Browns.

Injuries as a whole were down this season, as NFL players collectively missed 700 fewer games due to injuries than last season. That was driven, league health and safety officials said, largely by reductions in lower-extremity strains (such as injuries to hamstring, calf and groin muscles) and knee injuries. The 52 torn ACLs suffered during preseason and regular season games and practices represented a roughly 24 percent reduction from the average of the previous two seasons.
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-consid...5.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=0_00

[Linked Image from i.chzbgr.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ah, you left out and knee injuries. Those would include Wright - knee, Walker - hamstring & knee, Thornhill - calf, Takitaki - hamstring, Newsome - elbow, hamstring, groin, knee, Mitchell - hamstring, Keyes - hamstring, Jones - shoulder and knee, Hunt - thigh, Hudson - ankle, Hurst - pectoral, Ika - foot, Kunaszyk - knee & calf, McLeod - bicep, Moore - concussion, Okoronkwo - pectoral, Phillips - pectoral, Pocic - chest and stinger, DTR - concussion and hip, Tillman - hip and concussion, Ward - shoulder, Watson - shoulder, and Wills - foot and knee

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Browns Stength and Conditioning Department

Link Copied to Clipboard