Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Yeah I remember Rudy in 2001. Nobody can ever explain away how trump, like Hitler, ever came to power. At least not to me.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
They'll say anything. And their viewers believe it which is the saddest part of all.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Since isolated incidents seem to mean so much to people......

Man who stomped on Asian woman in Times Square attack sentenced to 15 years in state prison

In 2021, Brandon Elliot shouted expletives at the victim, telling her, “You don’t belong here,” before toppling her and stomping on her head and body repeatedly.

A New York man has been sentenced almost three years after he was accused of violently attacking an Asian American woman in Times Square.

Brandon Elliot, 41, was sentenced Wednesday to 15 years in state prison. He had pleaded guilty to one count of assault in the first degree as a hate crime, and one count of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree.

In 2021, Elliot attacked Vilma Kari, then 65 years old, when she was on her way to church. Elliot shouted expletives at Kari, telling her, “You don’t belong here,” before toppling her and stomping on her head and body repeatedly.

Elliot’s attorney, Jamie Niskanen-Singer, said in a statement shared with NBC News that his client had "expressed remorse" for what Kari had gone through.

"Mr. Elliot has long suffered from serious and well-documented mental health diagnoses, which was a contributing factor but by no means a blanket excuse," Niskanen-Singer said in the statement. "He has accepted responsibility for his actions and sought to spare Ms. Kari of having to relive the ordeal at a trial."

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin L. Bragg Jr. said in a statement that he hoped the sentencing would send a message to the Asian American and Pacific Islander community.

“Brandon Elliot assaulted a 65-year-old woman because of her Filipino descent,” Bragg said. “I hope the closure of this case will allow the victim to continue healing and moving forward, while also sending a strong message that we will seek full accountability for anyone who commits violence against their fellow New Yorkers because of their race or ethnicity.”

Elliot, who had been on lifetime parole for murdering his mother in 2002, approached the victim, who’s Filipino American, on the sidewalk. In addition to yelling racial insults, Elliot kicked her in the torso and knocked her to the ground before kicking and stomping on her head and body, according to a news release from the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.

At one point, a bystander attempted to intervene, according to the release, but Elliot threatened the man with a knife and fled the scene. Kari, who was taken to the hospital, was diagnosed with a fractured pelvis, forehead contusions and contusions across her body. Elliot was arrested two days later.

Video that captured the attack quickly went viral, prompting outcry from the Asian American community against anti-Asian attacks. The attack left Kari in shock, she previously told NBC News in 2021 via email, but continued to call for greater attention to violence against people of Asian descent.

“I feel that there is now more awareness and consciousness that has developed after my attack,” she wrote. “But there needs to be more support and education about what the AAPI community is facing at this moment, especially since there are cases that have not been reported and classified as hate crimes.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/vilma-kari-times-square-attack-rcna139260

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It was a brutal attack and the defendant deserves his 15 years. What I don’t understand is what does this have to do with Republicans?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I had no idea the math here was that complicated.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Pdawg
It was a brutal attack and the defendant deserves his 15 years. What I don’t understand is what does this have to do with Republicans?

He wants to use an isolated incident to complain about an entire group not even implicated here...

While he complains about isolated incidents in another thread.

#hypocrisymuch #mockeryanddoesntseeit

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I had no idea the math here was that complicated.

A mentally ill African-American New Yorker attacks an Asian woman = Republican

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I forgot that there are no black Republicans.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Aw... Thoughts and prayers.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
MTG and GOP Reps Lose Battle With SCOTUS Over $500 Mask Mandate Fines

The Supreme Court on Tuesday squashed an appeal from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and her two Republican colleagues attempting to overturn their fines for repeatedly opting not to wear face masks on the House floor during the COVID-19 pandemic. The justices left no comment accompanying their decision to decline the appeal from Greene, who was joined in the case by Reps. Thomas Massie (R-KY) and Ralph Norman (R-SC). Their decision allows a lower court ruling to stand, which tossed the Congresspeople’s constitutional challenge and ruled that courts lack jurisdiction to review the mask policy. According to the Associated Press, lawyers for House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) agreed with the lower court ruling and urged the court to reject the appeal. The lawyers did make it clear, however, that the entire Republican leadership voted against the mask mandate. According to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Greene racked up a total of more than $100,000 in fines.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mtg-a...JzaTWVLozbyJ9z048mltuuTWt2QdWL0Habscig5Q

Another far right tantrum squashed.

She’ll pull a Trump on that fine. No way she comes off a 100K without being forced with worse punishment.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
This is so freaking appalling that I actually started laughing.

same bro. i thought it was AI at first, but then i remembered this is Fox news.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
The GOP/MAGA crowd grasping at straws.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Wait, so you didn't buy your sneakers yet? wink

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I figured this would happen given all the drama regarding the COVID vaccines. Now we're sliding down the slippery slope of stupidity.

I just got an email at work this morning that people who went to the Kroger Marketplace in Englewood, OH between 12:45 and 4 PM were exposed to measles.

Measles is a thing again.......measles.

Hopefully smallpox and cholera don't start springing back up.

Man, if only there were a solution...

Florida surgeon general defies science amid measles outbreak
Lena H. Sun and Lauren Weber
Updated Fri, February 23, 2024 at 7:01 AM CST·6 min read

Florida Surgeon Gen. Dr. Joseph A. Ladapo before a bill signing by Gov. Ron DeSantis Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021, in Brandon, Fla. (AP Photo/Chris O'Meara) (ASSOCIATED PRESS)
As a Florida elementary school tries to contain a growing measles outbreak, the state’s top health official is giving advice that runs counter to science and may leave unvaccinated children at risk of contracting one of the most contagious pathogens on Earth, clinicians and public health experts said.

Florida surgeon general Joseph A. Ladapo failed to urge parents to vaccinate their children or keep unvaccinated students home from school as a precaution in a letter to parents at the Fort Lauderdale-area school this week following six confirmed measles cases.

Subscribe to The Post Most newsletter for the most important and interesting stories from The Washington Post.

Instead of following what he acknowledged was the “normal” recommendation that parents keep unvaccinated children home for up to 21 days - the incubation period for measles - Ladapo said the state health department “is deferring to parents or guardians to make decisions about school attendance.”

The controversial move by Ladapo follows a pattern of bucking public health norms, particularly when it comes to vaccines. Last month, he called for halting the use of mRNA coronavirus vaccines, in a move decried by the public health community.

Ben Hoffman, president of the American Academy of Pediatrics, said Florida’s guidance flies in the face of long-standing and widely accepted public health guidance for measles, which can result in severe complications, including death.

“It runs counter to everything I have ever heard and everything that I have read,” Hoffman said. “It runs counter to our policy. It runs counter to what the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] would recommend.”

Measles outbreaks have been on the rise in recent years. So far in 2024, at least 26 cases in at least 12 states have been reported to the CDC, about double the number at this point last year. In addition to the six cases confirmed in the Florida school, cases have been reported in Arizona, California, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York City, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia.

Experts say the outbreaks are linked to the growing number of parents seeking exemptions from childhood vaccinations in recent years following political backlash to coronavirus pandemic mandates and rampant misinformation about the safety of vaccines.

In January, the CDC issued a warning to health providers to be on alert for more measles cases. Infected people are contagious starting four days before a rash develops and until four days afterward.

Because measles virus particles can linger in the air and on surfaces for up to two hours after an infected person leaves the area, up to 90 percent of people without immunity will contract measles if exposed. People who have been infected or received the full two doses of the MMR vaccine are 98 percent protected and very unlikely to contract the disease. That is why public health officials typically advocate for vaccination amid outbreaks.

“The reason why there is a measles outbreak in Florida schools is because too many parents have not had their children protected by the safe and effective measles vaccine,” said John P. Moore, a professor of microbiology and immunology at Weill Cornell Medical College. “And why is that? It’s because anti-vaccine sentiment in Florida comes from the top of the public health food-chain: Joseph Ladapo.”

When asked to comment, the Florida health department responded with a link to Ladapo’s letter.

Ladapo’s unwillingness to use public health tools echoes the movement by conservative and libertarian forces to defang public health’s ability to contain diseases like the highly infectious measles. In a measles outbreak in Ohio that began in late 2022, most of the 85 children infected were old enough to get the shots, but their parents chose not to do so, officials said. The state legislature in 2021 had stripped health officials’ abilities to order someone suspected of having an infectious disease to quarantine.

Ladapo’s letter to parents comes at a time of heightened worry about the public health consequences of anti-vaccine sentiment, a long-standing problem that has led to drops in child immunization rates in pockets across the United States. The percentage of kindergartners whose parents opted them out of at least one state-required childhood vaccinations rose to the highest level yet during the 2022-2023 school year - 3 percent - according to federal data released last year.

Paul Offit, a pediatric infectious diseases expert at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, said Ladapo’s failure to urge vaccination endangers children.

“Is he trying to prove that measles isn’t a contagious disease when the data are clear that it is the most contagious vaccine-preventable disease, far more contagious than influenza or covid?” Offit wrote in an email.

The measles virus is extremely contagious, and infections spread rapidly. Young children are especially vulnerable because the first dose is not given until a child is 12 to 15 months old. The CDC recommends two doses of MMR vaccine, with the second dose at 4 through 6 years old.

A drop below 95 percent vaccination coverage for measles can compromise herd immunity and allow a virus to spread more quickly. Florida’s state vaccination coverage is 90.6 percent, but statewide vaccination coverage does not identify pockets where there may be lower coverage.

The outbreak will explode exponentially, becoming a much bigger community threat, if unvaccinated people exposed to the virus don’t follow public health recommendations and stay home from school during the potentially contagious period, said Patsy Stinchfield, president of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases and a nurse practitioner in Minneapolis. She has been involved in controlling three measles outbreaks, including the 2017 outbreak in Minnesota that affected 75 people, most of them unvaccinated, and most of them children.

About 1 in 5 unvaccinated people in the United States who contract measles is hospitalized, according to the CDC. As many as 1 out of 20 children develop pneumonia, the most common cause of death from measles in young children. About 1 child out of every 1,000 with measles will develop swelling of the brain that can lead to convulsions and leave the child deaf or with an intellectual disability. For unvaccinated babies who contract measles, 1 in 600 can develop a fatal neurological complication that can lie dormant for years.

Manatee Bay Elementary School, about 20 miles west of Fort Lauderdale, has six confirmed measles cases, school officials said this week. Of the school’s 1,067 students, 33 have not received the MMR vaccine, Broward County Schools Superintendent Peter B. Licata said Wednesday during a school board meeting. A school district official said the district has held “four vaccination opportunities,” including two at the school and two at other locations in the community.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-surgeon-general-defies-science-025905732.html

The first case was reported Friday in a third-grade child who had no history of travel abroad, Florida health officials said.

School officials referred questions to Broward County school district, which said it is following guidance from the state health department.

Last edited by dawglover05; 02/23/24 10:55 AM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This outbreak and these cases have very little to do with COVID. You could make a case that COVID has hastened vaccine hesitancy, so it will going forward. This has been going on for 25-30 years. I fail to see how it is a Republican thing either. Mostly started with hippies in the sixties and went crazy overseas.

The main culprit here is parents afraid of side effects as the push for more and more inoculations were dealt by the CDC and FDA. It's become a laundry list of recommendations before the age of three. I'm not going to bother researching because nobody here really argues facts anyway, but wasn't there also some big stink about a vax for STDs recommended for children under three? Something like that.

Add in scares (mostly b.s.) about these cocktails causing everything from ADHD to Autism and parents start to question things.
Add in the fact that nobody sees these outbreaks anymore and it makes parents question whether they need them (a stupid part of human nature).
Add in the fact that schools started accepting religious and other non-medical exemptions for non-vaccinated students.

NOW as a parent, look at the CDC recommendations for 19 shots by the age of 6 months (including COVID and twice-per-year Flu shot) and people may start to question things. Especially when the powers that be are vehement about spacing these out over even just another year of a young life.

Just my .02, I'm sure this is all the fault of the GOP and I'm just blind and dumb. thumbsup

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That's exactly the case I was making regarding COVID. In this case, it's Florida, so the logical follow-on with the administration down there is a furtherance of the vaccine repulsion (I wouldn't call it hesitancy, as Florida seems to have taken it a step further). Hence the slippery slope argument.

Rather than fanning this out to the sixties and whatnot, or whether all things are needed at birth and whatnot (I think you can have a valid discussion there), we are talking about measles and Ladapo's/DeSantis' anti-vax rhetoric that now transcends beyond COVID, combined with the fact we are now having measles incidents countrywide.

If you look at Florida and most of the anti-vax movement today and line it up with political platforms, I don't really think you can blame the liberal crowd or the hippies.

But, again, it's measles. MEASLES. When is the last time you heard widespread news coverage about measles, or received an email saying you might have been exposed if you went to the grocery store? I would also think if such a thing happened, that our public health officials might say things like "Get vaccinated. It's the reason why measles became 'not a thing' for a while.'" Instead, we get Ladapo, who was put into his role for obvious reasons.

Also, I never said you were blind... (that's a joke).

Last edited by dawglover05; 02/23/24 12:01 PM.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
When was the last time? Last year -- in Ohio. 85 Children, 80 were unvaccinated.

Here's the list of most unvaccinated for MMR (latest I could find was 2019)

States With the Lowest Measles Vaccination Rates

Colorado
Idaho
Alabama
Kansas
Washington
Indiana
Hawaii
Ohio
New Hampshire
Oklahoma

If you read the list and percentages, you may tend to surmise, as I did, that a lot may have to do with exemptions. From the 4th worst in the US...

4. Washington (tie)

MMR Coverage Rate: 90.8%

After measles outbreaks sickened 86 people – most of them unvaccinated minors – in Washington earlier this year, lawmakers removed the state’s personal belief exemption for the MMR vaccine. In the 2018-2019 school year, 5% of kindergartners were exempt from at least one vaccine.

https://www.usnews.com/news/healthi...ination-rates-for-kindergartners?onepage

So in Washington, before 2019 I could just say "nah". Seems really stupid.

Here's another morsel, if you're looking for cause...

The type of exemptions allowed also may pose a problem. All 50 states and Washington, D.C. allow exemptions for medical reasons while 45 states and D.C. grant exemptions on religious grounds, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL).

However, there are also 15 states that grant philosophical exemptions due to "personal, moral or other beliefs," the NCSL says. This means that parents can ask for an exemption for their child for just about any reason.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/idaho...hildhood-vaccinations/story?id=104952637

My biggest takeaway? The dolt that didn't tell parents to keep their unvaccinated students home should be fired. That's "Florida", that's someone showing his ass because it earns political brownie points. That's also something we see on both sides of the aisle on endless subjects, so I'm not surprised.

There seem to be measle outbreaks every year, anymore. 90-95% of those are unvaccinated. Hopefully parents are learning their lesson without learning the hard way. Hopefully states throw away the 'excuse' list and make it as absolutely mandatory as it used to be.

Legend
Legend
Hold on -- I'm stupid?? poke laugh

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
These statistics speak for themselves. It's not difficult to see where the antivaccers are.

These are the 10 states with the lowest full vaccination rates in the country, according to the most recent CDC data:

1. Wyoming (52.8%)
2. Alabama (52.9%)
3. Mississippi (53.5%)
4. Louisiana (54.8%)
5. Tennessee (56.1%)
6. Idaho (56.2%)
7. Arkansas (56.6%)
8. Georgia (56.9%)
9. Indiana (57.5%)
10. North Dakota (58.3%)

As of Dec. 7, over 80% of people in the U.S. had received their first shot to guard against COVID-19 and 68.9% were considered fully vaccinated, according to USAFacts and data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC distinguishes between being “fully vaccinated” and being “up to date.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ve-the-lowest-covid-19-vaccination-rates

These are the states with the highest full vaccination rates:

1. Rhode Island (87.1%)
2. Vermont (85.0%)
3. Massachusetts (83.6%)
4. Maine (82.8%)
5. Connecticut (82.6%)
6. Hawaii (81.1%)
7. New York (80.2%)
8. Maryland (79.2%)
9. New Jersey (78.6%)
10. Virginia (76.1%)

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...have-the-best-covid-19-vaccination-rates

People can say "well it all started with" as much as they want. But it doesn't change the facts of what's going on today.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Who here is about to go get their 7th BOOSTER? Anybody? C'mon, it's a great chance to virtue signal with no accountability for honesty. Let's have a show of hands.

If not -- you're an antivaxer and apparently don't trust science. thumbsup

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
My wife, myself and my entire family have had every Covied booster vaccination offered since the beginning. And there haven't been seven of them. You are a prime example of what it looks like to point fingers at people who use common sense. You and your microchip conspiracy theorist friends can pound salt. But hey, maybe thinning the herd isn't such a bad idea.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Circuit court blocks judge's decision to release white supremacist for being 'selectively prosecuted'

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals issued the emergency stay Thursday.

A federal appeals court panel on Thursday moved to stay a district judge's order that cleared the release of an alleged leader of a white supremacist organization who had previously fled the U.S. to evade prosecution.

Robert Rundo, the alleged leader of the white supremacist 'Rise Above Movement,' was released from prison in Orange County Wednesday, before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals issued their temporary stay. The U.S. Attorney's Office in the Central District of California confirmed Thursday night that Rundo had been taken into custody.

"Rundo was released from custody at some point yesterday evening. As you may have seen, we petitioned the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to stay the release order, which was granted this morning. Rundo was taken into custody this evening by the FBI," read a statement from the office.

U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney had earlier dismissed charges against Rundo and a co-defendant, Robert Boman, both of whom were charged in 2018 with conspiracy to violate the Anti-Riot Act, and rioting, for their role in alleged attacks on counter-protesters at political rallies in 2017.

In an extraordinary ruling Wednesday, Carney argued that Rundo and Boman had shown they were "selectively prosecuted" in comparison with members of far-left groups like Antifa, who also physically assaulted supporters of former President Trump at some of the rallies but were not charged with the same crimes.

"By many accounts, members of Antifa and related far-left groups engaged in worse conduct and in fact instigated much of the violence that broke out at these otherwise constitutionally protected rallies to silence the protected speech of the supporters of President Trump," Judge Carney wrote in his opinion. "That is constitutionally impermissible...prosecuting only members of the far right and ignoring members of the far left leads to the troubling conclusion that the government believes it is permissible to physically assault and injure Trump supporters to silence speech."

Carney noted in his opinion that others had argued that the far-left groups "engaged in worse conduct and instigated much of the violence."

"The government cannot prosecute R.A.M. members such as Defendants while ignoring the violence of members of Antifa and related far-left groups because RAM engaged in what the government and many believe is more offensive speech," Carney wrote, referring to the Rise Above Movement, of which Rundo and Boman were members. Prosecutors have described the Rise Above Movement as a "combat-ready, militant group of a new nationalist white supremacy and identity movement" in a federal indictment.

Carney also rejected a request by prosecutors to stay his order releasing Rundo from custody, ignoring their pleas that he presented a "grave risk of flight" as well as a danger to the community.

Boman had already been released on bond when the charges were dropped, while Rundo remained in custody.
Prosecutors had rushed to reverse Carney's order and in the meantime filed an emergency request with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, arguing that Rundo was likely to flee the U.S. if released, as he had previously. That emergency order was granted, with the panel writing that "Robert Rundo's immediate release is temporarily stayed pending resolution of appellant's motion to stay release pending appeal."

In their emergency application with the 9th Circuit, prosecutors noted that Rundo fled the U.S. the last time Judge Carney ordered his case dismissed in 2019 on First Amendment grounds. The 9th Circuit later reversed that decision, and the FBI was able to locate Rundo in Romania and secure his extradition in August of 2023.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/circuit-c...z2Q2Gqb_tRzkozWVDDTdkjQIzll1C2-MwYkiwQrY

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
My wife, myself and my entire family have had every Covied booster vaccination offered since the beginning. And there haven't been seven of them. You are a prime example of what it looks like to point fingers at people who use common sense. You and your microchip conspiracy theorist friends can pound salt. But hey, maybe thinning the herd isn't such a bad idea.

Wow. Somebody needs a diaper change again. rofl

1st, you're supposed to get a booster every 4-6 months, so your math is off #askfauci
2nd, don't know anything about microchips #weakinsultfromaweakmind
3rd, you think people should die if they aren't as gullible as you? You're starting to sound like OCD.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by FATE
When was the last time? Last year -- in Ohio. 85 Children, 80 were unvaccinated.

Here's the list of most unvaccinated for MMR (latest I could find was 2019)

States With the Lowest Measles Vaccination Rates

Colorado
Idaho
Alabama
Kansas
Washington
Indiana
Hawaii
Ohio
New Hampshire
Oklahoma

If you read the list and percentages, you may tend to surmise, as I did, that a lot may have to do with exemptions. From the 4th worst in the US...

4. Washington (tie)

MMR Coverage Rate: 90.8%

After measles outbreaks sickened 86 people – most of them unvaccinated minors – in Washington earlier this year, lawmakers removed the state’s personal belief exemption for the MMR vaccine. In the 2018-2019 school year, 5% of kindergartners were exempt from at least one vaccine.

https://www.usnews.com/news/healthi...ination-rates-for-kindergartners?onepage

So in Washington, before 2019 I could just say "nah". Seems really stupid.

Here's another morsel, if you're looking for cause...

The type of exemptions allowed also may pose a problem. All 50 states and Washington, D.C. allow exemptions for medical reasons while 45 states and D.C. grant exemptions on religious grounds, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL).

However, there are also 15 states that grant philosophical exemptions due to "personal, moral or other beliefs," the NCSL says. This means that parents can ask for an exemption for their child for just about any reason.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/idaho...hildhood-vaccinations/story?id=104952637

My biggest takeaway? The dolt that didn't tell parents to keep their unvaccinated students home should be fired. That's "Florida", that's someone showing his ass because it earns political brownie points. That's also something we see on both sides of the aisle on endless subjects, so I'm not surprised.

There seem to be measle outbreaks every year, anymore. 90-95% of those are unvaccinated. Hopefully parents are learning their lesson without learning the hard way. Hopefully states throw away the 'excuse' list and make it as absolutely mandatory as it used to be.

Thanks, I honestly didn't know that, so I really do appreciate that. I guess that also helps explain the outbreaks in Ohio. I hadn't seen it publicized until more so recently. I think the problem now, like you infer, is that we actually have politicians like Ladapo wading in and actively doing a disservice, and I think the problem will get worse.

Also, it's sad that someone like a surgeon general and also Supreme Court justices have waded more into the realm of being politicians now. It has permeated every sector.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
3rd, you think people should die if they aren't as gullible as you? You're starting to sound like OCD.

Bad choices lead to bad consequences. It's their own stupid decisions that decide this. Not me. I guess you missed all of those people in the hospitals who didn't get the vaccine on deaths doorsteps who told everyone they made a mistake and to get vaccinated. But I expect you weren't paying attention then either.

You get boosters as new vaccines come out. Try to keep up.

COVID-19 Vaccines: 2023–2024 Updated, Bivalent, and Original
2023–2024 updated COVID-19 vaccines

As of October 3, 2023, the 2023-2024 updated Novavax vaccine was recommended by CDC for use in the United States.

As of September 12, 2023, the 2023–2024 updated Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines were recommended by CDC for use in the United States.

The 2023–2024 updated COVID-19 vaccines more closely targets the XBB lineage of the Omicron variant and could restore protection against severe COVID-19 that may have decreased over time. We anticipate the updated vaccines will be better at fighting currently circulating variants.

There is no preferential recommendation for the use of any one COVID-19 vaccine over another when more than one licensed or authorized, recommended, and age-appropriate vaccine is available.

The only one around here who needs their diaper changed is you. When you're so immature you can't admit that people who get these vaccines are using common sense dictates you're certainly not potty broke.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Agreed. One huge area where our 'elected' fail is in their near-sighted approach to everything... and toeing the political line (not that we're much different in the 'what have you done for me lately' department). It's disgusting.

Something like this is the perfect opportunity to actually help flatten a curve that can make a huge difference, a long withstanding difference. This dolt does the opposite. How hard is it for intelligent people to take a look at a single subject and tune out the outside noise for the betterment of society? It surely can't be this hard.

Look, I get human nature and ebb and flow, and the fact that we haven't been worried about this stuff for decades now, but this isn't that hard to figure out. Having states below 90%, even as low as 80% could cause a major outbreak.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
O
Legend
Legend
O
Saw Trumps rally moment where he say’s he will restore power to church leaders. Under my administration you will have such great power! And we are going to bring people back to the church (Christian church). He’s out pushing that handmaids tale zealot’s wet dream to low brow christian nationalists pseudo-christians. My question is, where the hell are all the DECENT VALID CHRISTIANS who simply live the lives of good people and don’t weaponize religion? If MAGAts think over 40% of this country, the non-believers, will suddenly lay down for a theocracy, they have another thing coming. And we are the majority when you add in non-christian voters of other religions, true Christians who despise MAGA, and those who do not disclose their beliefs. Nobody but Bubba MAGAt is doing cartwheels for the church cult of Trump.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/23/24 02:30 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
jc Libtards let 7.2 million unvaccinated disease-ridden illegals into the country and now they're complaining about measles. You get what you deserve.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

Bad choices lead to bad consequences. It's their own stupid decisions that decide this. Not me. I guess you missed all of those people in the hospitals who didn't get the vaccine on deaths doorsteps who told everyone they made a mistake and to get vaccinated. But I expect you weren't paying attention then either.

You get boosters as new vaccines come out. Try to keep up.

COVID-19 Vaccines: 2023–2024 Updated, Bivalent, and Original
2023–2024 updated COVID-19 vaccines

As of October 3, 2023, the 2023-2024 updated Novavax vaccine was recommended by CDC for use in the United States.

As of September 12, 2023, the 2023–2024 updated Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines were recommended by CDC for use in the United States.

The 2023–2024 updated COVID-19 vaccines more closely targets the XBB lineage of the Omicron variant and could restore protection against severe COVID-19 that may have decreased over time. We anticipate the updated vaccines will be better at fighting currently circulating variants.

There is no preferential recommendation for the use of any one COVID-19 vaccine over another when more than one licensed or authorized, recommended, and age-appropriate vaccine is available.

The only one around here who needs their diaper changed is you. When you're so immature you can't admit that people who get these vaccines are using common sense dictates you're certainly not potty broke.

Let me know if you want me to start a COVID thread. We can cover all of Fauci's admitted lies and the aftermath of the sham part of this pandemic. You want boosters every six months? Go for it. If you think others dying is a 'cool idea', because they don't think like you -- you're a scumbag.

Now get your last word.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
rofl

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by EveDawg
jc Libtards let 7.2 million unvaccinated disease-ridden illegals into the country and now they're complaining about measles. You get what you deserve.

FATE & I are libtards?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

FATE & I are libtards?

Just you.

No Craps Given
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Now I've figured out why you are so afraid of immigrants. The unvaccinated are afraid they will give them Covid. And there's millions of them to give it to you. Hell trump let millions of them in too. rofl

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

FATE & I are libtards?

Just you.

Lol, there you have it, people. I'm a libtard now. I better go challenge the Democrats in the Cuckoo Democrats thread so I can go back to being a "GOPer" or whatever I was called.

I appreciate that stretch you did there, by the way. My calling out a Florida health politician who has undercut decades of science, which will worsen the measles outbreak turns into "Libtards are letting in unvaccinated, disease ridden migrants and then complaining about measles." Well done. James Comer, Ron DeSantis and Matt Gaetz would be proud.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

The diseased mental MAGAts and their disgusting putrid hate speech have been normalized to the point that even here you can blatantly post racist trash with zero repercussions. This place is truly becoming 4chan.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quick question for you, a fellow libtard. Do we have a secret handshake or a lapel or anything we're supposed to wear? I want to fit in.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
But anyone who believes in science has to be a libtard. Haven't you heard? If you believe in the rights of women you must be a libtard. It's the latest thing.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

FATE & I are libtards?

Just you.

Lol, there you have it, people. I'm a libtard now. I better go challenge the Democrats in the Cuckoo Democrats thread so I can go back to being a "GOPer" or whatever I was called.

I appreciate that stretch you did there, by the way. My calling out a Florida health politician who has undercut decades of science, which will worsen the measles outbreak turns into "Libtards are letting in unvaccinated, disease ridden migrants and then complaining about measles." Well done. James Comer, Ron DeSantis and Matt Gaetz would be proud.

You are denying being a libtard? You make libtard posts all the time. When you start complaining about the millions of discease-ridden unvaccinated illegals entering the country, maybe your label will change.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Just giving the bird to MAGA fascism and hate. No special tools required to support freedom and democracy. I’m selling we are all ANTIFA buttons at Trump rallies for sits and giggles though, if you want to join. Got the idea from a Chapelle fan in yellow springs. That little town is a bastion of libtards in a sea of duped red.

duped red tends to look a bit ruskie commie pink… don’t you think?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/23/24 02:53 PM.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Hey, I just want to make sure I fit in now. If I say "Tax the Rich," will I get 10% off at checkout when I visit my local hemp store?

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Republicans Are At It Again

Link Copied to Clipboard