Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Online
Hall of Famer
It is going to be interesting to see what the offense will look like this season.

We've got a bunch of new coaches on that side of the ball. Ken Dorsey, Tommy Rees, Andy Dickerson, Istvan, and more.

We also added a guy from UConn to the staff that didn't get a ton of notice. This is something he did that could show up in some form:

I'm not sure how all the influences are going to mesh together, but we shall see. It could look pretty "fun."

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
I am sure the new offense will look significantly different than what we have seen before.

A lot of three receiver sets. I am starting to think that AB has his eyes on another Njoku type TE in the draft.

That will mean we will have three and four option routes on most plays.

The new coaching staff will bring in more college concepts and play to the strengths of DW.

Legend
Legend
Maybe it's just Battered Dawg Syndrome™, but I can't help but have the feeling that this grand effort to rebuild the offense to tailor it to Watson is just going to fizzle and pop. They're tearing down an engine that ran perfectly fine, really well in fact, for another driver just so they can try to make the guy they want to be the driver seem like a the really good driver they tell everyone he is.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
OP Online
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Maybe it's just Battered Dawg Syndrome™, but I can't help but have the feeling that this grand effort to rebuild the offense to tailor it to Watson is just going to fizzle and pop. They're tearing down an engine that ran perfectly fine, really well in fact, for another driver just so they can try to make the guy they want to be the driver seem like a the really good driver they tell everyone he is.

Yeah, I have that syndrome pop up every now and again, too.

I'm not sure how I feel about the engine tear down analogy. I feel like teams have to tune up the engine every year. I feel like it's more a case of adapting the strategy they are going to try to employ on the "track" than a reconstruction. Though, then again, a lot of parts did get kind of battered last year.

Tuning in things to how the driver you've got likes them would seem to be the optimal route to go to me. I don't know if they'll actually get it dialed in "perfectly," but attempting to emphasize the positives is pretty much what you've got to do to have success.

I feel like they adapted the engine a lot on the fly last year for each of the different QBs. I'm not sure how often it "ran really well." The offense definitely seemed to blow some gaskets in the playoffs.

"Make the guy they want to be the driver seem like a the really good driver they tell everyone he is" seems a little harsh. He's the guy they have. Of course they want him to be the best that he can be.

It could fizzle and pop. But, I'm trying to stay open to the possibility that it takes off like a rocket instead. There's a long way to go. We shall see what we will see.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I look at it this way. Kyle Shanahan went to the big game twice and came up short. Stafanski runs a similar offense.

If Kevin runs his offense similarly to Kansas City, maybe that is the better option.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, I'm not sure I understand the whole, "Hey, we made the playoffs using four different starting QB's which seems impossible. So let's change everything!"...... concept but we'll see.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
We still have an OL that can lead a punishing ground game, so I don’t think we’ll abandon that to a great extent. Watson has put up big numbers through the air so we won’t be dialling it back with that, either.

I know he’s always been a runner but we need to keep him healthy enough to play close or all of a full season.
Really though, I don’t know. wink

Last edited by lampdogg; 04/19/24 06:24 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

With me it's kind of strange. I definitely have had "battered Dawg Syndrome", but I also tend to be more positive and always have hope. I think that is because I have been following the Browns, live and die, for 55 or 56 years.

At the beginning of each season, I get really excited. I can also scream bloody murder at stupid mistakes and mutter, "same old Browns".

Legend
Legend
For me each season begins 0-0. The NFL teaches you that injuries play a huge role. That is something you can not predict.

The North is damn tough. Wilson now leads a team that got to the playoffs with trash at QB.

Burrow will come back and be ready to shine.

The Ravens are the leaders of the North until someone takes it from them.

The Browns won 11 games without their starting quarterback.

I have no idea who will win the North.

DW needs to play a complete season. Until he does he is an unknown factor.

The offensive scheme and who calls the plays IMO plays a minor role. It is about the talent on the field and staying healthy that will make the difference.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I am looking to see how Cedrick Tillman develops in his second year, which is often when you see a WR prospect take a step up or maybe his ceiling is “just a guy”. We will probably draft a wideout, but I saw potential in him last year in the pre-season. Big guy and has good hands.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm anxious to see that as well. I really liked him in the draft.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2024 Cleveland Browns' Offense

Link Copied to Clipboard