Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I hope the city of Cleveland works with Jimmy Haslam to make this project come to fruition. I don’t live in Cleveland but from what i’ve read and the artists rendering it looks like a win win for everyone involved. Jimmy and Dee Haslam are the best owners the Browns have ever had IMO. They really care about the team and are doing everything they can to bring a winner here. As a long time Browns fan that means a lot.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 05/02/24 08:58 AM.
Legend
Legend
I don't go to enough games to care - I just want the site that works for most of you all

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I wonder if that is going to be on the existing site? The advantage they have is the Bears could play at Northwesterns stadium. I think it hold 45-50000 fans.

Cleveland doesn't have anything like that. Even Akron is pretty dinky. It holds maybe 25,000 people. The Browns probably have more than that many season ticket holders Probably more like 40,000.

Go back and remember that Art Modell had a deal to play at the Ohio State stadium in Columbus while a new stadium was being built. Is that a reasonable idea or just nutty because of distance? They have what, seating for 100,000 or so!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Lots of Cleveland sports people are beginning to share this rendering. Not sure how legit it is.

What an ugly stadium. It looks like a barn and an airport hangar had a baby. And the baby is supposed to be a stadium??? I hope they dont go with this.

No Craps Given
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Eve, this is just our beloved Cleveland Browns being leaders and at the forefront of new and unprecedented ideas. The first organization to give a 100% guaranteed contract and now a completely new designed state of the art stadium. I've never been prouder to be a Cleveland Browns fan!!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Eve, this is just our beloved Cleveland Browns being leaders and at the forefront of new and unprecedented ideas. The first organization to give a 100% guaranteed contract and now a completely new designed state of the art stadium. I've never been prouder to be a Cleveland Browns fan!!

If all that money will be spent, the least they could do is hire an architect with taste. That stadium is an abomination. You would be much prouder to have a gorgeous league leading stadium that doesnt look like an intern drew it. I dont want to be mocked by other teams about the barn we play in.

No Craps Given
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Damanshot
I wonder if that is going to be on the existing site? The advantage they have is the Bears could play at Northwesterns stadium. I think it hold 45-50000 fans.

Cleveland doesn't have anything like that. Even Akron is pretty dinky. It holds maybe 25,000 people. The Browns probably have more than that many season ticket holders Probably more like 40,000.

Go back and remember that Art Modell had a deal to play at the Ohio State stadium in Columbus while a new stadium was being built. Is that a reasonable idea or just nutty because of distance? They have what, seating for 100,000 or so!

I know, and Haslam has relationships in Columbus. For me, it cuts 2 hours off my 600 mile drive and makes it 400 something....but it's still not the best place to see a game. I don't know that most Clevelanders would like driving to Columbus to see a game. You live on the near east side and don't go to games.

I am not putting you down, I am just saying.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
I apologize if it has been mentioned in here before, but in what geographical location in regard to Cleveland, is this site? IE NE, Sw etc. of where the stadium is now.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
I apologize if it has been mentioned in here before, but in what geographical location in regard to Cleveland, is this site? IE NE, Sw etc. of where the stadium is now.

Slightly south....maybe 5 miles and maybe 15 miles west, if that. Once on an interstate route, maybe a 15-minute drive, tops, barring a traffic hiccup.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I hope the city of Cleveland works with Jimmy Haslam to make this project come to fruition. I don’t live in Cleveland but from what i’ve read and the artists rendering it looks like a win win for everyone involved. Jimmy and Dee Haslam are the best owners the Browns have ever had IMO. They really care about the team and are doing everything they can to bring a winner here. As a long time Browns fan that means a lot.

I agree. They are investing and plan on investing billions in to the area. Some just don't imagine the scope of their planned investment.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Lots of Cleveland sports people are beginning to share this rendering. Not sure how legit it is.

What an ugly stadium. It looks like a barn and an airport hangar had a baby. And the baby is supposed to be a stadium??? I hope they dont go with this.

It looks like Building 9 off of Rt. 21 in Massillon.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted by Milk Man

The Cleveland Barn in Brookpark. Has a nice ring to it.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Read a little about the new stadium vs renovating the current.

Haslam seem in what I have read want a dome. The new stadium would cost about double renovating the lakefront.
They are looking for about half public financing for either option.

If they went out to Brookpark, they could have the schedule meet the end of the current lease in 2029 if they start moving quickly for financing, permitting and site renovation. Construction schedule for Buffalo's stadium is about 36 months.

If they move, I wonder what that would do to the rest of the Flats renovation and the rest of the area around the current stadium.

If they move to Brookpark, they could recoup all of the cost associated with parking and the leases from the mixed use development around the stadium. They could control all of that for all events.

That picture did not show the stadium elevated. I looked it up and they said that they would have to recess the stadium into the ground because of the restrictions from Hopkins airport. And the FAA would have to sign off on the stadium

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

Slightly south....maybe 5 miles and maybe 15 miles west, if that. Once on an interstate route, maybe a 15-minute drive, tops, barring a traffic hiccup.

Thank you. I would be coming from SW Ohio that would be a bit closer for me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't see any parking spots

Just trees buildings and people walking

Walking how far from a parking lot ?

Legend
Legend
Who knows, bro. This is a terrible rendition of something that would never, ever resemble the artist's drawings by the time it's built. It was an effort (and in that regard, a successful one) at saying "we're serious about this".

It doesn't clarify anything or answer any questions, it looks like a barn, and shows about as much excitement as a dead mouse. Speaking of mice, what's that big triangle half the size of the stadium? A cheese wedge??

Maybe there's a large parking garage behind the barn that's built to look like a giant rat trap? Your guess is as good as mine.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
E
Legend
Legend
E
I feel like AI made this. The more I look at it, the less sense it makes. That big triangle, like Fate said, is what exactly? And whats going on on the left side? Is that some weird rideshare place, or a bus terminal, what is it supposed to be? And the stadium itself is a bunch of triangles thrown together.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I could do as well with 90 minutes in MS Paint, circa 1997.

E
Legend
Legend
E
https://www.mercedesbenzstadium.com/

They need to model the stadium after this. By far the best NFL Stadium I've been in. And retractable roof. They hit the fan experience just right with this stadium. I've sat all over it and never had a bad time. I'll be going there tomorrow for a soccer match.

I will be in a club, not the best club but it's all inclusive. Here is the buffet menu for tomorrow https://am.ticketmaster.com/atlantaunited/harrahsmenu
Its a lot cheaper to go to soccer than NFL, but just as fun. Cleveland could get a soccer team and then youre set.

No Craps Given
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

Check this out

https://neo-trans.blog/2024/03/26/browns-stadium-likely-going-to-brook-park-if/

1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
E
Legend
Legend
E

They need to model the stadium after this. By far the best NFL Stadium I've been in. And retractable roof. They hit the fan experience just right with this stadium. I've sat all over it and never had a bad time. I'll be going there tomorrow for a soccer match.

I will be in a club, not the best club but it's all inclusive. Here is the buffet menu for tomorrow https://am.ticketmaster.com/atlantaunited/harrahsmenu
Its a lot cheaper to go to soccer than NFL, but just as fun. Cleveland could get a soccer team and then youre set.

Also, you guys have the power to comment on Cle media pages to get cheap concessions in the stadium. This is what we pay for generic stadium food: https://www.mercedesbenzstadium.com/menus/atl-fan-fare-2

Yell at them to do something similar. Put the fans first.

Now is the time to get everything you want as a fan. Start telling them.

No Craps Given
B
Legend
Legend
B

Probably closer than walking from the muni. That is probably a good mile, mile and a half walk.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I feel like AI made this. The more I look at it, the less sense it makes. That big triangle, like Fate said, is what exactly? And whats going on on the left side? Is that some weird rideshare place, or a bus terminal, what is it supposed to be? And the stadium itself is a bunch of triangles thrown together.

It's just a rendering of concepts of what that firm has designed before. Once things gets to official phase, we will see an actual model, rendition of what is going to be built.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B

Also, you guys have the power to comment on Cle media pages to get cheap concessions in the stadium. This is what we pay for generic stadium food: https://www.mercedesbenzstadium.com/menus/atl-fan-fare-2

Yell at them to do something similar. Put the fans first.

Now is the time to get everything you want as a fan. Start telling them.

No doubt club food in Cleveland lacks. In my lake club they have some decent spots, but nothing to get excited about. Still your basic burgers, dogs, and pizza/meatballs.

Maybe 10 years ago they had a buffet style server who had a beefed up menu every game. Sliced prime rib, salads, etc. I ate there many times. They would post up menus for each game similar to the menu options you linked.

I guess they just didn't do the business and one year they just weren't there anymore.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by northlima dawg

Check this out

Thanks. That's a much better hint at the concept. thumbsup

[Linked Image from neo-trans.blog]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Check this out

That really looks nice.

Cleveland or Brook-park, I just want a Browns team in Northern Ohio

Thank you for posting that.

B
Legend
Legend
B

Check this out

That really looks nice.

Cleveland or Brook-park, I just want a Browns team in Northern Ohio

Thank you for posting that.

It's going to stay in the area. The Haslams are dropping a ton of coin in the area. Not much is being said about the expansion at the training facility and the large plot of land they bought to develop some mixed use and public access...fields, etc. They have become big movers and shakers in NE Ohio.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Assuming this pans out, what do they now use the current facility for or at least the site of the current facility?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Assuming this pans out, what do they now use the current facility for or at least the site of the current facility?

Surely they will demolish the stadium. It would be too expensive to maintain without Browns revenue. I assume they will come up with a lakefront development after dorking around for 10-15 years after debating various proposals.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by Milk Man

They demolished that place a few years ago when they found a giant drug ring running out of it.

1 member likes this: Milk Man
P
Legend
Legend
P
I heard it was a giant drug bracelet but I can't confirm that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Could the state chip in $600M for a new Browns stadium? A top Ohio lawmaker says the state doesn’t have it.

Story by Jeremy Pelzer, cleveland.com Updated: May. 07, 2024, 4:40 p.m.|Published: May. 07, 2024, 4:21 p.m.

COLUMBUS, Ohio—If the Cleveland Browns move ahead with building a proposed new, $2.4 billion stadium in Brook Park, the team would look for state government to cover $600 million of that cost.

But Ohio House Speaker Jason Stephens said Tuesday that he doesn’t think the state should or could give that much money toward a new Browns stadium.

“We don’t have $600 million to give,” Stephens, a Lawrence County Republican, told reporters at the Ohio Statehouse. “I mean, it’s really easy to not support it when you don’t have it.”

Stephens said he would prefer to offer financial help to professional sports teams in Ohio by issuing bonds, either through the local municipality or some other sort of bonding authority.

But, Stephens added, “That doesn’t necessarily mean that taxpayers pay hundreds of millions of dollars for a stadium in Cleveland.

“Then Cincinnati, and then everybody else will be wanting a stadium,” he said.

Browns representatives, during closed-door meetings last month with state lawmakers from both parties, said the team is currently weighing whether to build the new stadium near Cleveland Hopkins International Airport or launch a $1 billion renovation of its existing downtown stadium.

In either case, lawmakers were told, the Browns want taxpayers to pay half the cost – $1.2 billion for a new stadium or $500 million to renovate the current stadium. The $1.2 billion in public funding for a new stadium, in turn, would be split evenly between state and local governments.

Cleveland.com/The Plain Dealer has reached out to a Browns spokesman for comment on Stephens’ remarks and to see if the team still considers it possible to build its proposed new stadium without $600 million from the state.

Several lawmakers who attended last month’s meetings indicated to cleveland.com/The Plain Dealer that the proposal for $600 million in state funding wasn’t a total nonstarter.

However, they said, the meetings were intended for the Browns to make introductory presentations on their stadium plans and field general questions from lawmakers, not for team representatives to make a specific request for state funding.

"I think most every lawmaker there just wants to make sure that there’s a good deal for taxpayers if we’re using taxpayer dollars, and that it makes sense for taxpayers,” state Rep. Bride Rose Sweeney, a Westlake Democrat who spearheaded the largest of the meetings with several Northeast Ohio state representatives, said at the time.

Ohio House Finance Committee Chair Jay Edwards, an Athens County Republican who talked with Browns representatives in a different meeting, previously said he thinks the team is looking for lawmakers to include state funding – whether it’s for a new stadium or a renovation of its existing one – either in next year’s two-year state operating budget or in a 2026 state capital budget.

It remains to be seen whether Stephens will still be House speaker when either of those two spending bills move forward, as term-limited Senate President Matt Huffman, a Lima Republican, is looking to take the speaker’s gavel from Stephens next year.

If the Browns move ahead with the Brook Park stadium, they want to open it in time for the 2029 NFL season, a year after the lease on their current stadium ends, Edwards said he was told.

Even if state lawmakers approve Browns stadium funding of some sort, any such appropriation would have to be signed into law by Gov. Mike DeWine.

DeWine spokesman Dan Tierney previously said the governor is generally supportive in principle about providing state funding for stadium projects because they contribute to a better quality of life in Ohio and help lure in out-of-state businesses. The governor spoke about the Browns’ stadium plans with team owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam, as well as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, in Cleveland last December, prior to attending a game between the Browns and the Chicago Bears.

But Tierney said Tuesday that he wouldn’t comment on whether the governor supports the idea of spending $600 million – or any amount of state money — on a new Browns stadium until team and local government officials reach a final agreement on what each of them would contribute to the project.

“It’s a bit premature to comment on any funding split, because we don’t have a concrete plan,” he said.

Jeremy Pelzer covers state politics and policy for Cleveland.com and The Plain Dealer.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2024...maker-says-the-state-doesnt-have-it.html

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't normally pay attention to what a single politician says on matters such as this. Somehow if politicians decide they want to spend money on something they find it. He himself may not want to but he's a single voice which he will need a lot of others to follow his lead.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Somehow if politicians decide they want to spend money on something they find it.

Or print it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I know that hapens at the federal level because they have the power to do that. I'm not sure that applies at the state and local levels however.

#gmstrong
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
State of Ohio has 3.7 billion in their rainy day fund, it is maxed out. So when the next surplus comes, where does it go?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I know that hapens at the federal level because they have the power to do that. I'm not sure that applies at the state and local levels however.

Personally, I prefer floating a bond issue. But that's just me.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
L
Legend
Legend
L
I apologize if this has been posted, but it has some interesting takes.

https://www.cleveland.com/opinion/2...rowns-stadium-handouts-brent-larkin.html

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Haslems Buy 176 Acre Property In Brookpark

Link Copied to Clipboard