Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Rishuz #2068311 05/13/24 07:39 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
The culture with the cavs is so bad. Their best player sits out the most important Cavs game in the last eight years because of a calf strain. A calf strain. Their center hasn’t played in weeks because of a bruise. Meanwhile Brunson is as banged up as it comes and keeps getting his butt on the court. You’d have to physically hold that guy back to keep him off the court.

Darius Garland is what you get when you take a guy with little competitive fire, pay him, and pair him with a participation trophy coach.

Blow. It. Up. All of it. I was squarely on the Mitchell train but I think Shaq was right.

L
Legend
Legend
L
yeah mitchell just signed his ticket out... SOFT AF, so is Allen.. I don't like a single player on this team right now.. we need to start over

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
CavsDan with a shot across the bow at the refs.

L
Legend
Legend
L
yeah they lost tonight and mitchell is still a pansy and would have made a difference tonight.. let him be someone elses problem next year. That aside, this was the worst officiated game I've watched in the last 5 years.. its was almost like it was scripted.. as soon as cavs got close, whistle blows.. Sorry but Brunson is not that guy that should get the calls he gets. I have to give it to Garland, he played hard tonight. He should have been to the line ALOT more. but man Mobley...9 rebounds...to lead the team..that ain't going to work in any game. Mitchell and Allen and this is a different series.. Boston ain't going anywhere so I feel good about that. But this team needs a rework. Especially on the bench.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Milk Man #2068323 05/13/24 10:53 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Milk Man
CavsDan with a shot across the bow.

I hope he was much more direct to Allen and Mitchell. We had 52million sitting on the bench in the biggest game of the year with soft tissue injuries..gmfb.. those aren't mechanical injuries that stop you from playing.. I think they need to watch varsity blues.

Legend
Legend
The team battled last night and was close-ish down the stretch ... it's all you can ask for with such a depleted lineup

The Pacers/Knicks game tonight will be fun

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
We need to see more folks on the floor. Get off the bench. Have we packed it in? Pulling for the Land, but that game might well have sat that one out last night. Can anybody coach defense? Slap some folks on the forehead and heal 'em. We almost caught fire last night.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
L
Legend
Legend
L
Time to blow it up.. mitchell/allen.. Ya'll some weak ass pansy beta's. Garland, thanks for the whopping 11 points... but man.. Dean Wade.. been saying for years...is not an nba player.. noone was worse tonight than him. Kudos to Mobley.. he showed some fire tonight, so did Morris.. everyone else... ya'll should be ashamed. Altman put together a horrible group and they were coached by a nobody.. time to fix this right this time. Gilbert needs to find a good president and let them build the FO and coaching staff because Gilbert sucks at it. He had a stroke of luck that lebron was willing to overlook his dumbass for the sake of winning one for cleveland.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Just so you know ..... Wade fought his way back from injury, and will probably have to have knee surgery this off-season.

I have read that Allen has a busted rib ..... not exactly a great thing for someone who runs and bangs under the basket.

I do not think that Mitchell would miss a playoff game if he was at all able to go.

I am surprised that you didn't call out Levert as well for not playing through a knee injury.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
I do not think that Mitchell would miss a playoff game if he was at all able to go.

Windy said on WKNR on Tuesday that Mitchell had an MRI that the Cavs kept quiet about and they "did not like what they saw" on the MRI. Windy mentioned Mitchell was going to be out win or lose moving forward. He also mentioned that Allen was never really a true GTD and he was not all that close to coming back. His injury is likely worse than a bruised rib.

Also, considering the Durant injury after his calf injury, nobody is going to risk pushing it with a calf injury ever again. Mitchell was dealing with both a calf and knee injury.

M
Legend
Legend
M

I don't have a subscription here but someone recapped it as the following:

Not sure how much of this is accurate, but there you have it.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Windy was just on WKNR and basically said The Athletic piece is not breaking any real news. Typical end of the season news dump when the season does not end as hoped.

- In regards to JB's status, everyone has known for months there's a good chance he would not be back.

- Mobley's agent not wanting the Cavs to draft him in 2021. Who cares? That was three years ago and there has not been an issue since the Cavs drafted him.

- Garland and Mitchell not a good fit together on the floor and Garland could be gone if Mitchell extends. Things that have been talked about and have appeared obvious for months.

- Allen may not be back? Not surprising at all. Mobley and Allen on the floor at the same does not work and is not when the Cavs play their best. They cannot space the floor and the Cavs are not giving up on Mobley. This makes Allen the odd man out.

Windy said this simply comes down to roster construction and the current roster construction does not work and that is the reason a shake up will occur. Not because Garland and Mitchell do not get along or Mobley does not want to be here.

Windy mentioned that he has from very reputable sources that he trusts that Mitchell is a lock to stay and others have told him he's not extended and trade packages are already outlines. In other words, he said Mitchell has kept this extremely close to his vest, but there will unlikey be any clarity until after the NBA season concludes due to league rules.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Good, its been proven they can't play together, games too similar and the days of a non offensive center just don't work. Add in the made of glass, better off I think. Though I think Mitchell didn't want to play for JB anymore, him sitting makes them get rid of him as a condition of him signing contract. If we could get the Mobley from last night we might have something..I have to think the lack of development on this team is the staff. Ability only takes you so far

Milk Man #2068465 05/16/24 11:32 AM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Windy was just on WKNR and basically said The Athletic piece is not breaking any real news. Typical end of the season news dump when the season does not end as hoped.

- In regards to JB's status, everyone has known for months there's a good chance he would not be back.

- Mobley's agent not wanting the Cavs to draft him in 2021. Who cares? That was three years ago and there has not been an issue since the Cavs drafted him.

- Garland and Mitchell not a good fit together on the floor and Garland could be gone if Mitchell extends. Things that have been talked about and have appeared obvious for months.

- Allen may not be back? Not surprising at all. Mobley and Allen on the floor at the same does not work and is not when the Cavs play their best. They cannot space the floor and the Cavs are not giving up on Mobley. This makes Allen the odd man out.

Windy said this simply comes down to roster construction and the current roster construction does not work and that is the reason a shake up will occur. Not because Garland and Mitchell do not get along or Mobley does not want to be here.

Windy mentioned that he has from very reputable sources that he trusts that Mitchell is a lock to stay and others have told him he's not extended and trade packages are already outlines. In other words, he said Mitchell has kept this extremely close to his vest, but there will unlikey be any clarity until after the NBA season concludes due to league rules.

Yeah we def. should have held on to Lauri in that trade, he would be better than either that we have with the other, if that makes sense. The NBA is all about 7' that can shoot. Thats Markkanen. I think Garland and Mitchell get along fine so its more about being in each others way, mitchell has proved he can carry a team, Garland has not.. so of the two Garland is out. I'm actually surprised JB hasn't been fired yet.. There is no scenario I see him back next year.

Conspiracy theory time: Lebron came to game 4 to tell Gilbert to draft Bronny, Told Mitchell to sign extension, he'll come back home and win another ring and retire.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Cavs have a culture problem. Get rid of guys who don’t want to play like Allen. And bring in a coach who is tough and is good with Xs and Os. You can even keep Garland with Mitchell if you do this.

Or use Garland as a chip for better roster construction. Personally I’d move on from Garland because he’s a massive liability on D and it doesn’t get offset with his O like it does with Mitchell. But the only two things that have to happen are JB and Allen.

leadtheway #2068474 05/16/24 02:45 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Conspiracy theory time: Lebron came to game 4 to tell Gilbert to draft Bronny, Told Mitchell to sign extension, he'll come back home and win another ring and retire.

Glass half-empty conspiracy theory: Bron Bron reminded Mitchell of the Durant injury when he tried to play through a calf injury. Said, "don't risk significant injury, get healthy this off-season and looking forward to welcoming you to the Laker family."

I like your conspiracy theory better.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Hopefully he can buy some quads and calves.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Rishuz #2068547 05/18/24 08:26 AM
Legend
Legend
This may seem like a dumb question, I don't follow the Cavs that much. But does anyone feel that the Cavs will find a way to bring in Lebron and his son Bronny next season? Not that I think that's a great idea, I was just wondering.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Damanshot #2068553 05/18/24 09:45 AM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot
This may seem like a dumb question, I don't follow the Cavs that much. But does anyone feel that the Cavs will find a way to bring in Lebron and his son Bronny next season? Not that I think that's a great idea, I was just wondering.

Nope. I bel;ieve that ship has sailed. I don't think that Bronny would be worth our #1 pick, and we don't have a #2 ,,,,, and adding Lebron would mean thatwe would have to move expensive pieces for no return other than him. I just don't see it happening.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Damanshot #2068593 05/19/24 11:55 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Damanshot
.... But does anyone feel that the Cavs will find a way to bring in Lebron and his son Bronny next season? Not that I think that's a great idea, I was just wondering.

Rookie
Rookie
After thinking about what to do with this cavs team , here is what I have decided they should do .
I would keep Mitchell,Struss,Mobley , and Allen . I would trade Garland and Okoro for a 6'8 best you can get guy and I would keep J B also .

Legend
Legend
Not sure that you would be getting enough in LBJ for a serious run. Not sold on the Bronny, and I think we need to weed our bench. We need defense and better shooting consistency. Not sure JB is the supplier of those.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
M
Legend
Legend
M

The first domino to fall.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Atkinson has been a name floating around lately.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Going to miss my internal conspiracy theory that he faked his raspy voice that was a staple of his postgame press conferences to appear he coached extra hard.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
There’s really no coming back from “losing the locker room” if it’s true. The real question now becomes… who?

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
L
Legend
Legend
L
I’m good with this because I think JB wasn’t ready to lead a team where we want to go, he’ll go be a bench guy for an established HC and learn and probably be a HC again. If Mike mouth breather can. JB can. My only issue is Altman being safe. He should have been let go too. He’s had a lot more time to get a winning team together and that brought us busts like okoro and garland and ymca guys like TT, Niang and Strus. I mean clean house all the way, don’t just load the dishwasher

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2024...cceed-jb-bickerstaff.html?outputType=amp

Couldn't copy and paste on my phone, this is a list with commentary of some coaching candidates

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum CAVS/NBA

Link Copied to Clipboard