Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2144441 10/01/26 12:14 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 34,811
O
OCD Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 34,811
27-21 Browns. If the D shows up.

OCD #2144447 10/01/26 07:09 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,932
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,932
I like the Browns at home in this game.

IMO the Browns defense will give Rodgers trouble. We will cover deep and get pressure.

Rodgers will be forced to check down a lot.

At the same time the Steelers defense will be a problem for DW. Watson cannot turn it over. He is going to need his mobility to create throws.

We need to establish the run game. That is important because we do not want third and long. Obviously the penalties have to stop. We cannot continue to kill drives with penalties.

My hope is Monken coaches the team away from mistakes. Eliminate mistakes and don't turn it over wins games.

bonefish #2144448 10/01/26 07:23 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,980
D
Hall of Famer
Online
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,980
Originally Posted by bonefish
I like the Browns at home in this game.

IMO the Browns defense will give Rodgers trouble. We will cover deep and get pressure.

Rodgers will be forced to check down a lot.

At the same time the Steelers defense will be a problem for DW. Watson cannot turn it over. He is going to need his mobility to create throws.

We need to establish the run game. That is important because we do not want third and long. Obviously the penalties have to stop. We cannot continue to kill drives with penalties.

My hope is Monken coaches the team away from mistakes. Eliminate mistakes and don't turn it over wins games.


Bill Parcells used to say most NFL games are lost by a team rather than won.

OCD #2144450 10/01/26 07:47 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,884
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,884
Just read this comment from The Athletic: “Thursday Night Football” was Mike Tomlin’s kryptonite, as he went 9-12 on Thursdays. Mike McCarthy excels on Thursdays, going 17-8 in his career.

That's an impressive record for McCarthy on Thursday night ... and our Center is out. Ouch!!

I think we can and will win if we don't turn the ball over. Not expecting a lot of points and think the D can keep us in it provided we don't gift points.


The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
OCD #2144452 10/01/26 07:55 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
With Joey Porter being traded to Dallas

I would hope that allows the Browns O to open the game up.

Wypler has game experience so it shouldn't be a big adjustment for him to step in and start

Having Campbell back is a big help, hopefully he can stay healthy for the entire game.

I'm going to say 24 -10 Browns

OCD #2144460 10/01/26 08:49 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,586
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,586
I'm' very worried about our OL holding up tonight and containing Jaylen Warren. He seems to be a killer for us.

I think there's too much talk of this being a win. Pittsburgh wins something like 20-16


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
mgh888 #2144465 10/01/26 09:25 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,025
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,025
Originally Posted by mgh888
Just read this comment from The Athletic: “Thursday Night Football” was Mike Tomlin’s kryptonite, as he went 9-12 on Thursdays. Mike McCarthy excels on Thursdays, going 17-8 in his career.

That's an impressive record for McCarthy on Thursday night ... and our Center is out. Ouch!!

I think we can and will win if we don't turn the ball over. Not expecting a lot of points and think the D can keep us in it provided we don't gift points.

If we are going off of history:
Browns are 7-0 on TNF since 2018
Browns are 6-1 against Pittsburgh at home since 2019
Browns are 4-2 all time against the Steelers on TNF

The key will once again be which Watson shows up. If he doesn't turn the ball over, Browns win, if he does we will have to reciprocate on defense.

Dawgs4Life #2144466 10/01/26 09:27 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,322
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,322
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I'm' very worried about our OL holding up tonight and containing Jaylen Warren. He seems to be a killer for us.

I think there's too much talk of this being a win. Pittsburgh wins something like 20-16


Agreed. Running backs have done well against us so far and we'll be without another starting OL this week.


At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
DeisleDawg #2144472 10/01/26 10:10 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,485
F
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
F
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,485
[quote=DeisleDawg]With Joey Porter being traded to Dallas

I would hope that allows the Browns O to open the game up.

Wypler has game experience so it shouldn't be a big adjustment for him to step in and start

Having Campbell back is a big help, hopefully he can stay healthy for the entire game.

I'm going to say 24 -10 Browns[/quote

I thought the same thing about Porter until I checked and he hadn't played all year. They do have some serious secondary injuries though.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
[quote=DeisleDawg]With Joey Porter being traded to Dallas

I would hope that allows the Browns O to open the game up.

Wypler has game experience so it shouldn't be a big adjustment for him to step in and start

Having Campbell back is a big help, hopefully he can stay healthy for the entire game.

I'm going to say 24 -10 Browns[/quote

I thought the same thing about Porter until I checked and he hadn't played all year. They do have some serious secondary injuries though.


That's true, He was complaining about back issues, which many felt it was more to do about contract issues.

My thought was, the Steelers would give him what he wanted and he would start against the Browns and play well lol

Him being gone is just a good thing imo

OCD #2144481 10/01/26 11:15 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,586
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,586
I do agree that having Campbell helps our defense. We were probably fortunate that Coker got hurt last game


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
OCD #2144485 10/01/26 11:35 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,641
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,641
I'm going to go with 23 to 20 the good guys.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
OCD #2144496 10/01/26 01:47 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,387
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,387
21-17 us.


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
OCD #2144510 10/01/26 04:05 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,065
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,065
24-20 Pittsburgh.

Why? Because I always pick the Steelers. I usually bet on them as well.

It's a cross between a voodoo doll and reverse-psychology.


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
OCD #2144517 10/01/26 04:45 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,967
S
Hall of Famer
Online
Hall of Famer
S
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,967
Steelers 33
Browns 17


Steelers are unfortunately due to beat us at home on TNF. Not to mention we could easily be 0-3 right now. We got so.e good breaks and luck in the wins against the bucs and panthers.

Are run defense is not very good at all and i think the dteelers will use that to control the game instead of trying to test our secondary as much


" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
slick #2144519 10/01/26 04:51 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,021
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,021
I'm inclined to predict the Steelers will win but not the score. Why? because I never pick us to win so when we do, I'm pleasantly surprised. Secondly, I was thinking how great it would be if we won because it's the Steelers and we would have 10 days to enjoy it before our next game. That would be too good to be true.

OCD #2144520 10/01/26 04:58 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,054
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,054
I predict that the score will be 27-17. No idea which team has which score though.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
OCD #2144522 10/01/26 05:16 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
I don't care if my prediction is right or wrong, It's not about me

All I care about is the Browns winning and picking them to win sends out positive vibes

I will never in my life pick the nasty Steelers to win over the Browns

For those who pick the Steelers to be pleasantly surprised if the Browns win

Screwwww that ! If you're a Browns fan pick the Browns to win !

They are going to win Period !

Go Browns ! beat that nasty team and shut the fans up of that nasty cheating ass team

DeisleDawg #2144528 10/01/26 06:04 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,932
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,932
I want to humiliate the Steelers.

I want to rub their faces in the dirt and kick mud their eyes.

I don't want a close game. I want to win by 30.

bonefish #2144531 10/01/26 06:09 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,065
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,065
[Linked Image from alchetron.com]


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
OCD #2144535 10/01/26 06:16 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,281
B
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
B
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,281
It would be fitting if KC beats Adoree' Jackson, I think, Joey Porter's replacement, to a pulp with over 100 yrds receiving and 2 or 3 TDs!

Browns win!

The Steelers fans can whine for 10 days about losing to the Browns and bitch and moan about the Steelers trading away Joey Porter!!

bonefish #2144540 10/01/26 06:48 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
Originally Posted by bonefish
I want to humiliate the Steelers.

I want to rub their faces in the dirt and kick mud their eyes.

I don't want a close game. I want to win by 30.


I love it !

FATE #2144544 10/01/26 06:54 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
Originally Posted by FATE
[Linked Image from alchetron.com]

Wow Fate !

Bud Carson, he was the Steelers DC who gave the Defense the Steel Curtain name

Eddie and Mike Johnson along with Big Chris Pike

Bud did get the team to win the "89" AFC Championship

I liked Nick Skorich better

bugs #2144546 10/01/26 07:06 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
Originally Posted by bugs
It would be fitting if KC beats Adoree' Jackson, I think, Joey Porter's replacement, to a pulp with over 100 yrds receiving and 2 or 3 TDs!

Browns win!

The Steelers fans can whine for 10 days about losing to the Browns and bitch and moan about the Steelers trading away Joey Porter!!


They will whine bitch and moan, Go Browns !

DeisleDawg #2144548 10/01/26 07:13 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,065
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,065
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by FATE
[Linked Image from alchetron.com]

Wow Fate !

Bud Carson, he was the Steelers DC who gave the Defense the Steel Curtain name

Eddie and Mike Johnson along with Big Chris Pike

Bud did get the team to win the "89" AFC Championship

I liked Nick Skorich better

He also beat the snot out of the Steelers 51-0 in his coaching debut.

THAT'S how you "rub their faces in the dirt and kick mud their eyes".


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2144552 10/01/26 07:16 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,469
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by FATE
[Linked Image from alchetron.com]

Wow Fate !

Bud Carson, he was the Steelers DC who gave the Defense the Steel Curtain name

Eddie and Mike Johnson along with Big Chris Pike

Bud did get the team to win the "89" AFC Championship

I liked Nick Skorich better

He also beat the snot out of the Steelers 51-0 in his coaching debut.

THAT'S how you "rub their faces in the dirt and kick mud their eyes".

Bernie Bernie Bernie !

It would be awesome to see Monken beat that ! smile

That would be more than snot lol

OCD #2144557 10/01/26 07:33 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,496
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,496
Browns massacre the Steelers 20-17 tonight. The improbable run of TNF victories continues.

Added bonus: Deshaun Watson breaks the air guitar out of the case.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Gameday vs Pittsburgh Predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5