Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2144716 10/01/26 11:46 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,906
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,906
Hell of a win! Go Browns!!!

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,031
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,031
It’s never easy but it’s a great win!!!! Go Browns!!!!!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
We won .... somehow.

Whew.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,417
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,417
WOW I am exhausted. but happy


Joe Thomas #73
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,895
1
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
1
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,895
Imagine this team with 1/2 the penalties. They’re so young and mistake prone but they have just enough fire and lightening to win. Super happy for them the young guys. Exciting team




"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,947
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,947
What a night.


Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,390
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,390
Great win! We will need extra game balls for the heroes. I will watch it before more eval. Great win. Gutty. Go, Browns!


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,765
D
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,765
The best comeback player has been Andre Szmyt. Wow has he been money.


If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 835
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 835
So I come home and get out of my uniform and gear to find out my beloved Browns have won 3 straight with a team I wouldn't give a dime for a few weeks back. What a time to be alive. I don't care about tomorrow because tonight we have a winna on our hands. Kinda makes me forget the dysfunction and downright head scratching weirdness at work for a while.

Can't wait to see the recording.


"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Here's to you, bro! 🍺


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,976
S
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
S
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,976
Lets see

Verse- SHUT UP AND PLAY. For someone who doesnt have a sack you talk way to much. Gor penalized for it once to.

Which leads me to the next thing which is the penalties. This is absurd. I feel like im watching a fresdy kitchens or pat shurmer team. We are going to end up setting some of record for penalties. This team is so undisciplined. The fact that it keeps happening tells me that the coaches are not really trying to fix it either.

Imploded in the second half. Watson started looking like the bad Watson we have grown used to. He was money in the first half.

Still cant run the football well. I will give stefanski credit for one thing. He knew how create a great running game.

On defense i was Suprised we had as many sacks as we did . Pleasantly surprised.
Unfortunately we still cant stop the run well at all.

It was obviously good to get the win but i worry at what cost when it comes to injuries. Loseing Graham is a big loss. Lets hope he doesn't need surgery. Campbell also whent down and i havent seen anything about the severity of his injury yet.

Rocket sanders- the more i see of this kid the more i like him. He is not super fast or quick but he works so hard to almost always get positive yardage. He is a gamer for sure


" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
GREAT win!

Watched it at a local bar, it was a blast, but you miss a bunch of the nuance.

Now I get to watch this epic win again!

Go Browns!


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,285
B
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
B
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,285
First, the Steelers aren't as good as projected, go figure!

Second, the Browns aren't as bad as projected, go figure!

Browns win and are now first in their division. Nice!

For three days and hopefully longer...BEER ME!

So, for 10 days, the strong negative posters, you know who you are...can thank the Browns for giving you a little time off!

Here we go, Brownies...here we GO...Woof...Woof! Cheers everyone!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,524
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,524
Is there a reason Bo We had like 14 or 15nd doesn't get any playing time ? Any news on Graham injury ? I TRULY believe a two headed horse backfield like Qunkin and Sanders could work well ..... We had like 14 or 15 penalties ? yes...... The Browns are like 8-0 on Thursday night Football ..

Last edited by waterdawg; 10/02/26 01:09 AM.
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,895
1
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
1
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,895
OL played much better despite the penalties. Fano held up very nicely against hightower.

They’re winning despite the penalties. We have to remember how young this team is, youngest in the league. And the OL is brand spanking new. 2 rooks and 5 guys that have never played in a game together before game 1 of the regular season. So the penalties are annoying as hell but not unexpected. My Hope and expectation is they’ll settle down soon.

I love this teams energy. The rookies are freaking fun. Boston is a budding superstar. Fano is the real deal. You’ve got to admit, 2 drafts in a row Berry killed it. They’re messy but they’re fun.

Back of my head it’s start to nag… what are doing with DW? It’s only 4 games but every game he’s been better than the last. He lights up another 4 or 5 and we have to start having *that* conversation. Which is very weird. And even if he keeps going like this there’s a very good chance he wouldn’t stay anyway. I could absolutely see him testing the market.

We don’t have to worry about it right now but we will at mid season if he keeps it up. That’s a 5 weeks away. So weird.




"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
Watched the game this morning at 5.50 - a great way to wake up!

Nice to grit out and grind out a win - normally in those situations it always felt like it would be the other team coming out on top. This feels like the culture and expectation is changing - and personally I'd credit that down to Monken and his energy and fire. Maybe Stefansi will be just what the Falcons or another team needs, calm and methodical and even keeled ... I think this young team needed, the team that had a long history of losing, needed fire and some passion. Maybe that's what Schwartz brought to the D the last couple of years that elevated that unit?

Yes - too many penalties. That's going to cost us at some point if they can't get those down significantly.

But first half we really looked good - gave up the long long drive and it could have all gone wrong. But we bounced back. Great play calling and scheming. Early the refs made 2 horrible (wrong) calls against the Browns and it felt like the fix was in or that we'd just see the same old, same old ... but thankfully after that they seemed to get it right.

Judkins was a little more like we've seen him pre-injury. Boston and Concepcion continuing to look legit - Jeudy making a couple of crucial plays. Fannin continuing his ascent. Some of Watson's throws in the 2nd half were a bit concerning - the play where he missed a wide open Fannin on the left might have been a game sealer - but it was 3 yards behind him. Then we saw some low and high throws ... but overall a good game.

Have not seen any news on Mason Graham -- that's a big loss. Defense was great in spells - and Rodgers, at 42, is so good at some things that its hard to expect to pin him down for an entire game. Their two enormous TE's are hard to deal with and then there's Metcalf who's old but still a unit.

Happy Friday everyone ... Feels good to be in first place and top of the division!!

Last edited by mgh888; 10/02/26 03:17 AM.

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Originally Posted by bugs
First, the Steelers aren't as good as projected, go figure!

Second, the Browns aren't as bad as projected, go figure!

Browns win and are now first in their division. Nice!

For three days and hopefully longer...BEER ME!

So, for 10 days, the strong negative posters, you know who you are...can thank the Browns for giving you a little time off!

Here we go, Brownies...here we GO...Woof...Woof! Cheers everyone!

Amen, brother!

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Could you imagine watching a game at 5am and losing?

Wait, don't even think that, you'll jinx us.

Happy Victory Friday! 👊


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Watson leads third straight winning drive, puts Browns atop North

Daniel Oyefusi
Oct 2, 2026, 02:45 AM ET

CLEVELAND -- For the third consecutive game, quarterback Deshaun Watson led a winning drive for the Cleveland Browns.

Four days after he threw for the winning score in Cleveland's Week 3 home win over the Carolina Panthers, Watson led the Browns on another late-game drive. This time, he put the Browns in range for Andre Szmyt's 56-yard field goal with 10 seconds left as Cleveland defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers 27-24 on Thursday night.

Watson joined Brian Sipe as the second Browns quarterback since the 1970 merger to lead a winning drive in the fourth quarter or overtime of three straight games, according to ESPN Research.

"It was electric. It was amazing," Watson said. "From the time we came out pregame, it was super dope to be called out, hear the crowd and feel the energy. From start to finish, the crowd was in it, the energy of the stadium, we fed off them. To get a big victory against a divisional rival on primetime, this [is] what you dream about. This is what you work for. These are the things that you put that grind in during the summertime and training camp for nights like this. It was amazing."

The victory, Cleveland's third straight after a 24-point road loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 1, gave the Browns their first 3-1 start since 2021 and moved them into sole possession of the AFC North for the first time since Nov. 9, 2014.

Late turnarounds after slow starts defined Watson's previous two winning drives. But on Thursday night, Watson had one of his best first halves in a Browns uniform. Watson threw for 181 yards, his most in the first half of a game in Cleveland, as the offense scored touchdowns on three consecutive drives in the second quarter. The Browns led 21-10 at halftime, and their 21 points in the second quarter were their most in any quarter of a game since the 2020 wild-card round, also against the Steelers.

The offense stalled for much of the second half, though, and a pair of turnovers from Watson played a role in Pittsburgh being able to erase the deficit. He was stripped in the third quarter by edge rusher T.J. Watt on a rush attempt, and the Steelers recovered. Watson was also intercepted early in the fourth quarter on a pass that was tipped. Pittsburgh scored a touchdown after the giveaway but failed on the 2-point attempt, cutting the Browns' lead to 21-16 with 10:10 remaining.

The Steelers tied the score at 24-24 on a 3-yard touchdown pass from Aaron Rodgers to tight end Pat Freiermuth and a successful 2-point try on a 1-yard sneak by Rodgers after defensive end Jared Verse was flagged for being offsides.

Watson, though, quickly drove the Browns down the field with four straight completions. He was sacked for a 4-yard loss two plays before the winning kick, but he was already within Szmyt's range.

Safety Grant Delpit intercepted a desperation heave from Rodgers to preserve the victory.

"That was money," Watson said of Szmyt's kick. "I just knew, I knew it was money. He told me the landmark, which was like the 42-yard line. He was like, 'Man, you got me a little extra,' so he would just line it up and we see it all the time. He's just going to be money."

The Browns won their fifth consecutive home game against the Steelers and extended their winning streak to eight games, the longest active streak in the NFL. Cleveland has also won three straight games for the first time since Weeks 14-17 of the 2023 season.

"That was a complete, maybe disaster is a little bit strong, but that's a tough opening game in every phase, other than maybe kickoff return, maybe other than that. But the guys trusted the process," coach Todd Monken said. "We got stung a little bit, and our guys responded to that. And, man, that locker room is fun, right there celebrating those guys. Big, big, big divisional win."

More than a month after he was booed by home fans while struggling in the second half of a preseason game and later lashed out at fans, Watson has delivered his best stretch in Cleveland since arriving via trade in March 2022.

Through four games, Watson has completed 69.6% of his passes -- his best single-season mark with the Browns -- for 855 yards with six touchdowns and two interceptions.

"I was in the coach's office [before the game], and I was going over the call sheet with [Watson] again," Monken said. " And I said, 'Isn't this really cool? Like, you're going to be introduced last, isn't that really freaking cool?' It was only seven weeks earlier [that Watson was booed in the preseason], and, right, it's, 'Where are we going to go from here, right? ... Where are we going from here, where are you going, where are we going?' So cool."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ght-winning-drive-puts-browns-atop-north


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
I can only imagine watching at 5 a.m. and losing all too well.

I know we have new offensive weapons - but it's worth noting we've scored over 17 in the last 3 weeks... something that seemed to be problematic in so many games before.

Also I have seen reporters focus/say in on how Watson "nearly lost the game for the Browns" in the 4th because he turned the ball over twice ... Obviously I'm no Watson fan, but [1] The TJ Watt forced fumble was just a freak, brilliant play by a TJ Watt. Nothing about that was on Watson in my opinion [2] on the interception - I don't think it was a great decision to throw into what was effectively triple coverage ... BUT - just like many of Baker mayfields interceptions when we were behind or it was 3rd and long or something ... I really do not mind a long bomb deep into the opponent's half that gets turned over. I would rather see the attempt than to throw every pass 8 yards deep which is what we seemed to morph into at one point last 2 years. . . . In terms of the overall play calling, we took some deep shots, we ran some nice quick passes, Q and Sanders (and the 3rd RB) ran the ball a little better - it was a good mix and until the final drive that (I think) was all pass, pass, pass - the mix f run/pass seemed to help keep the D somewhat honest.


The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,712
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,712
Originally Posted by DaveyD
The best comeback player has been Andre Szmyt. Wow has he been money.

I am not sure what you mean? In 2025 he hit 88.9% of his fieldgoal attempts and 96.2% of his extra points. That is about as good as one can expect from a kicker.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,712
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,712
Originally Posted by waterdawg
Is there a reason Bo We had like 14 or 15nd doesn't get any playing time ? Any news on Graham injury ? I TRULY believe a two headed horse backfield like Qunkin and Sanders could work well ..... We had like 14 or 15 penalties ? yes...... The Browns are like 8-0 on Thursday night Football ..

Not sure what you are talking about in that first sentense. As for the Graham injury 1AM is probably a little early to be seeking a diagnosis. Unless they have to wait a while for swelling to go down in order to get a good image, we will probably get some sort of update later on Friday.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,599
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,599
I felt exhausted after that game haha. First of all, it was the LONGEST game ever (besides that Tampa game that was delayed 2 hours). It felt like last night was so painful, especially hanging onto the lead in the 2nd half.

- Boston/KC are so fun. They are legit.
- Watson was superb in the 1st half and I feel like we took the foot off the gas and the offense lost it's mojo a bit in the 2nd half
- Judkins was better last night
- The penalties are maddening - we extend drives like three times more than any other team it seems like
- Great kick to end it

- Side note: Rodgers is such a jerk. One of the best QBs ever, but he's tough to watch.


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341
Rodgers threw for 299 yards.....

...the streak is alive!


At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341


At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,599
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,599
haha thats great


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,998
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,998
Here is what I saw:

I saw the Steelers come out and punch the Browns in the mouth with close to a 20-play drive and take an early lead. For almost the entire time that the Browns returned that would have spelled doom form the outcome of that game. Not with this team.

I saw a team sack and harassed Aaron Rodgers with 5 sacks and numerous pressures. I saw young players stand up to the Steelers. Many are calling our Jared Verse for talking but he is helping this team set a culture right now.

I saw an offense put up 21 unanswered on a very good defense. Loved the camera on the Steeler sidelines of the frustration coming from Watt and Heyward.

I saw the Home Crowd at Progressive field impact a game and set tone for the night on a national stage. Way to represent to everyone that was there last night. Even Rodgers said after the game there was a great crowd tonight. Caused the Steelers problems getting in the play call numerous times.

I saw the hated Steelers come back and tie the game late just to have the resilient young Browns team make plays to get the ball in position for our great young kicker to crush the Steelers hopes with a 56-yard FG.

There were things this team needs to work on and improve penalties, playing 4 quarters, etc.... but we can worry about that later and with such a young team and a new offensive line I expect there wil be improvment made as the season progresses.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341
Quote
Many are calling our Jared Verse for talking but he is helping this team set a culture right now.

If setting the culture is penalties and acting like a douche bag, then yes, I agree.


At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,599
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,599
I'll also add: It was nice to see Jeudy have a few nice plays down the stretch to help us win it


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,417
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,417
I saw good coaching / play calling, all the way around! ( except for penalties )


Joe Thomas #73
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,524
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,524
I was referring to WR Isaiah Bond .. I was hoping to see more of him .. I saw flash's of talent last season in his limited playing time .

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
- Great win and even better to see this time FINALLY win some game. Good times!

- Szmyt may be the greatest kicker ever

- I like the personality of the defense.

- Watson looking really good is borderline hilarious and could make for an interesting situation if he keeps this up.

- Mike Hall came back from knee injury and hhad a huge sack.

- Hat tip to Tyson Campbell for bbattling throuhg injuries to be on the field.

- Denzel Boston is really good. Keep trending upwards!

- The penalties are insane.

- Big INT for Ward. He has not lost a step yet.

- I had no idea Jaleel McLaughlin was on the team.

Cheers: Jerry Jeudy
Jeers: Steelers players going low on blocks and tackles

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,281
H
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
H
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,281
Ditto your comments, Watson winning games--WOW, we all have imperfect pasts, is forgiveness allowed.....Browns lead Central Division, 3-1.....CAN'T be, well, it exists and this moment can't be taken away......Go Browns......PS......Jeudy, now a non starter, makes plays when NEEDED and HC smart enough to praise him......Go Browns!!!


"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,489
T
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,489
[video:youtube]
[/video]

Last edited by tastybrownies; 10/02/26 09:57 AM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,493
F
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
F
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,493
I don't have prime but nearly sign up for the free preview. I decided against it and listed to Andrew & Nathan.

It was nerve-wracking but so fun. I had trouble sleeping because of being pumped up. Things that stood out to me;

Taking the smack in the mouth that was that first drive by the Steelers and not only getting past it, but scoring 3 TDs in the second quarter.

How the young offensive talent if improving nearly week to week.

OL also getting their feel together. Nice to know our backup center held his own against a good DL.

Watson not perfect, but much better than we have been used by most of our QBs.

Denzel has still got it and the young defenders bring an energy and intensity.

I wonder if Monken's attitude is working its way down to the players.

First place after week 4. Who would have thunk it?

Let's keep it up and change the impression people have of this team and organization.

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,493
F
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
F
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,493
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
[video:youtube]
[/video]

Anyone else surprised with that many game balls, that the guy who kicked the GW 56 yard FG, Andre Szmyt wasn't one of them?

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,031
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,031
He got one I believe. He’s number 25.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,998
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,998
Yeah he got one.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,031
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,031
One observation I’ve had that it seems the players like Monken and it shows with how hard they’re playing for him. I didn’t see that with KS the last two years.

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,493
F
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
F
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,493
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
He got one I believe. He’s number 25.

Yes, I don't know how I missed that. I saw it again on FB and was coming back to correct my post.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,599
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,599
There's a video circulating that shows the team dancing and stuff on the field right before the final kneel down. Great togetherness and moment


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
Originally Posted by hitt
Ditto your comments, Watson winning games--WOW, we all have imperfect pasts, is forgiveness allowed.....

tongue


Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,489
T
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,489
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
One observation I’ve had that it seems the players like Monken and it shows with how hard they’re playing for him. I didn’t see that with KS the last two years.

Exactly. You can see the players don't want to let him down.

Maybe it feels the same when you have a good manager at work who cares about people. You'll work hard for yourself, but also for that person who treats you well and listens.


Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,692
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,692
This team never makes watching a game easy. rofl

First the penalties. It's early in the season with an entire new coaching staff so hopefully that all gets ironed out. But what surprised me the most about all of those penalties is how many of them were committed by the defense. I mean three penalties on a single play, really? Even ST's was committing a lot of penalties considering their snap count. I would have expected more penalties on that OL and the O in general but that didn't turn out to be the case.

But there was a lot more positives than negatives. This team played with all cylinders firing in the first half. After that initial scoring drive by Pittsburgh it was all Browns until half time.

The second half was a different story. It almost seemed as if nothing was going right. It was beginning to look like the same old story we are all so used to. Watching victory being snatched away by the jaws of defeat. But that didn't happen. When it mattered most and the game was on the line the D held and Watson helped drive them into FG range. Andre Szmyt came through with his 22nd consecutive FG in a row. We haven't had a kicker we could really rely on like that since Phil "Awesome" Dawson.

Denzel Boston looks like he is going to be a force to deal with. We've needed a big bodied, sure hands, physical WR like him for a long while now. It was a missing dimension from this O that is already paying huge dividends.

In the end it was a team win warts and all. Each unit of the team played a part. What appeared to me like the greatest improvement of all in this game was at least a solid spark in the running game. That's a shot in the arm they needed.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,947
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,947
Unless special teams stink you don't focus on them.

The difference in special teams this year is dramatic. Except for penalties. We are covering kick offs and punts.

The punter is banging kicks 70+ yards. Szmyt has become the best field goal kicker since Dawson.

The defense is legit. The score was close but make no mistake physically we beat the tar out of the Steelers.

Our defense has been outstanding.

We have talent at receiver that we have never had.

The OL played really good.

DW was incredible in the first half. And came through at the end to get into field goal range for Szmyt.

If you turn it over twice and commit 14 penalties. You should expect to lose.

This team doesn't rattle when the game is on the line.

It seems impossible that the Browns are 3-1 and have 10 days to face a Jets team that they will probably be favored in.

Confidence from winning can go a long way. A season that most were thinking would be over quickly has become a season of "what the hell."

Monken deserves major credit. The team is playing hard nosed football. If we can clean up the penalties the offense has a chance to improve.

Offense, defense, special teams playing together can win a lot of games.

Joined: Jun 2025
Posts: 19
Rookie
Offline
Rookie
Joined: Jun 2025
Posts: 19
Unless I missed it, nobody has mentioned the run by Jaleel McLaughlin, dude is quick and shifty, followed his blockers, then took off as soon as he saw an opening, and left everyone in the dust; loved that play!


After such knowledge, what forgiveness?
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,599
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,599
how about McLaughlin with ONE play last night and its a 35 yard TD lol


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,940
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,940
I can't wait to watch the All-22 on this game. There were some plays I will wait to talk about. Side note: If you have Prime, they have a recorded alternate view (Prime vision) of the game. 100% worth the watch if you want to see the game in a top down view (similar to All-22). I can't wait to watch it this in the afternoon.

I had a ticket to the Braves/Phils playoff game, I chose to stay home and watch the Browns. That first Steelers drive had me questioning my decision by taking up almost the whole 1st quarter, lol.

- On the McLaughlin run, his individual effort which was great; what also was huge: KC with a great block and then a second block, Corley with an excellent block, and Boston was blocking his defender all the way to the end zone. That is a big recipe for huge runs. It was awesome to see.

- Our receivers are playing excellent right now. There will be some up and downs with the rookies. However, being the selfless hard workers in all aspects will mitigate some of those times. Doing the little things (full effort on blocking, running hard routes, coming back to the ball/finding open spots on the QB scramble drill) will counter those moments.

- Juedy had me laughing on his reaction on his first catch. He stood up with the ball, kissed it and kept looking at the ball and his hands like he was seeing his newborn for the first time..he did this all the way walking to the sideline. My first quick reaction was: is he being a smartass and saying he finally was targeted? Or was he making a joke about him actually catching the ball? By the players reactions and his after, it seems like it was the latter, haha. Either way, I found it funny.

- Watson had a good/great game overall. I am happy they were throwing deep on plays. The plays are there to be had with so many weapons. In a span of four plays in the first quarter: KC with a great diving reception on a 25 yard deep out (could have been a TD or a huge gain with a good throw), a nice throw (incomplete) down the side line to Boston with the defender pulling Boston's right arm down, a run, then another hell of a throw on the deep fade to Boston with the damn defender pulling him back. The point I am making is the explosive plays are there.

- The offensive of line did an excellent job on passing downs, I love seeing them getting better and better. The run blocking game generally speaking is almost there. Last week there were a few plays last game where there were a few plays were they were one block for springing for a big gain. I saw a couple plays this week we could've had a huge run, negated by missing that one block that turned it into a missing a bunch of extra yards.

- Without seeing the All-22, Wypler looked like he had a great game. I am assuming he was making the line calls. Kudos to him.

- The Special teams: Szmyt was excellent, Bojorquez was excellent, Corley had an awesome play to down the ball on the 1 on a punt.

- The defensive line...wow! We lose two DTs and all that happens is Huntington comes in and causes some havoc. McGuire keeps getting better and better. Heck, even Sam Williams had a sack and played solid.

- Another funny moment: I think it was the 4th quarter the Steelers were driving. The ball was snapped and all of a sudden Mike Hall Jr. bursts through the line like was shot out of a cannon, which I can only assume the cannon was trainers room (is that legal?) since he wasn't even on the sideline before this. The best part, my reaction was Wait what? when did Hall get back?, then the announcers said the same thing. I am assuming we all had that same reaction, lol.

- Three penalties on one play: Collins roughing the passer I could see going either way, I didn't see what Verse did, and the Harden defensive holding was bs with Wilson running right at him to the point that he almost knocked Harden over.

- There was a huge contrast of watching the Browns players and the Steelers players actions/reactions during the game. There were a couple times the Browns players emotions got the best of them (that happens). However, overall what I saw was players having fun and having a business focus the whole game. The Steelers - Rogers with his whole attitude, Watt grabbing headsets, his confrontation on the sideline with the DBs, and etc. They just don't look like a fun team to watch (besides them being the Steelers, lol).

There is more I want to say, but I'll leave some things for everyone else to point out, lol.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,692
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,692
This is nothing in depth but just a little background on the kid.........

Jaleel McLaughlin is a running back for the Cleveland Browns who stands 5'7" and weighs 187 pounds. Born September 13, 2000 (age 26). Born in Marshville, NC.

Jaleel McLaughlin ran an unofficial 4.44-second 40-yard dash at his Youngstown State Pro Day in 2023. (reported in a range of 4.42 to 4.44 seconds by scouts)

Bench Press: 17 reps at 225 pounds

Vertical Jump: 31 inches

Broad Jump: 9 feet, 7 inches

Career Background

• College Career: Began at Notre Dame College in South Euclid, Ohio, before finishing his record-setting career at Youngstown State. He finished as the NCAA's all-time leading rusher with over 8,100 yards, though he went undrafted in 2023.

• Denver Broncos (2023–2025): Signed as an undrafted free agent, appearing in 41 games over three seasons in a committee role. Rushed for 1,093 yards on 226 carries (4.8 average) with 3 rushing touchdowns, plus 59 receptions for 263 yards and 4 receiving scores.

• Cleveland Browns (2026–Present): Joined the Browns organization to provide explosive, quick backfield depth and special teams value.

To be honest with you I had no idea this kid was even on the roster and it seems as if it was a surprise to many. What a pleasant surprise this is!


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,998
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,998
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
This is nothing in depth but just a little background on the kid.........

Jaleel McLaughlin is a running back for the Cleveland Browns who stands 5'7" and weighs 187 pounds. Born September 13, 2000 (age 26). Born in Marshville, NC.

Jaleel McLaughlin ran an unofficial 4.44-second 40-yard dash at his Youngstown State Pro Day in 2023. (reported in a range of 4.42 to 4.44 seconds by scouts)

Bench Press: 17 reps at 225 pounds

Vertical Jump: 31 inches

Broad Jump: 9 feet, 7 inches

Career Background

• College Career: Began at Notre Dame College in South Euclid, Ohio, before finishing his record-setting career at Youngstown State. He finished as the NCAA's all-time leading rusher with over 8,100 yards, though he went undrafted in 2023.

• Denver Broncos (2023–2025): Signed as an undrafted free agent, appearing in 41 games over three seasons in a committee role. Rushed for 1,093 yards on 226 carries (4.8 average) with 3 rushing touchdowns, plus 59 receptions for 263 yards and 4 receiving scores.

• Cleveland Browns (2026–Present): Joined the Browns organization to provide explosive, quick backfield depth and special teams value.

To be honest with you I had no idea this kid was even on the roster and it seems as if it was a surprise to many. What a pleasant surprise this is!

He was picked up when Dylan Sampson went on IR.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,940
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,940
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
One observation I’ve had that it seems the players like Monken and it shows with how hard they’re playing for him. I didn’t see that with KS the last two years.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your statement (though I might lean a little with you and your side). What I do want to point out is the difference the players Berry has let go and also brought in within the last year.


Judkins - was a leader at OSU, has been a hard worker and vocal here
Boston - known hard worker
Concepcion - known hard worker
Corley - played full steam ahead every play
Fannin - known hard worker
Fano - hard worker, mauler attitude when playing

Verse - very vocal, takes no crap from anyone (good and bad)
Graham - extremely hard worker
Carson - goes 100 mph every play (did the same last year)
Williams - hard worker, very animated
Ward - always been a hard worker, shows it through his play

He's brought in a lot of animals the past two drafts and a couple through free agency/trades

I am loving Monken's style. This young team needed that

Last edited by ScottPlayersFacemask; 10/02/26 12:42 PM.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
Originally Posted by macspeedie
Unless I missed it, nobody has mentioned the run by Jaleel McLaughlin, dude is quick and shifty, followed his blockers, then took off as soon as he saw an opening, and left everyone in the dust; loved that play!

KC Concepcion deserves high praise on that run by former Bronco legend Jaleel McLaughlin.


Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,188
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,188
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by DaveyD
The best comeback player has been Andre Szmyt. Wow has he been money.

I am not sure what you mean? In 2025 he hit 88.9% of his fieldgoal attempts and 96.2% of his extra points. That is about as good as one can expect from a kicker.

I think he was saying "clutch." Cold as ice, and the kind of guy you want on the field when everything is on the line.
That's how I read it, at least.

Very satisfying to see this team play hard to the very end of games. Previous Browns teams wound have folded when the score was tied late in the fourth.


"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,940
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,940





Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,692
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,692
Actually the Browns signed McLaughlin to their practice squad on September 1st. Dylan Sampson injured his left knee during the first quarter of the season opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars on September 13th.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,417
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,417
3 D Penalties on one play has been mentioned. There was also an offensive penalty on that play that wasnt called.


Joe Thomas #73
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Dayummm. Monken in tight with the boys!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Dd33v20RcSW


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 885
J
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
J
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 885
Some points
We had 5 sacks without graham
Kc Boston both lit up Pittsburgh
Fano no pressure excellent
Ok let’s put a whooping on JETS so national tv has
To say I do not know what happened to the JETs

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,642
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,642
You make a great point.

Like everyone else, the amount of penalties (and the timing of some) is obviously something that needs to get cleaned up fast... but it seemed (IMO) to be mostly from intensity (ex. Verse yapping) and rookie mental mistakes and momentarily lapses in focus. Obviously we don't want any of that, but honestly... I'll take it. After watching however-many seasons of our D getting walked over and folding at the first sign of adversity, I have a higher tolerance for aggressiveness. Watching an offense that was so bereft of talent in the WR room, I'm fine with the bumps that go along with rookie WRs maturing.


"FIALURE IS NOT AN OPTION...!"

-mac
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
Victory Friday and it feels brilliant. Lots of great observations from posters here ... love the videos. None more than Monken with his game balls and Andre with the go ahead FG kick ❤️


The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
I can't wait to watch the All-22 on this game. There were some plays I will wait to talk about. Side note: If you have Prime, they have a recorded alternate view (Prime vision) of the game. 100% worth the watch if you want to see the game in a top down view (similar to All-22). I can't wait to watch it this in the afternoon.

I had a ticket to the Braves/Phils playoff game, I chose to stay home and watch the Browns. That first Steelers drive had me questioning my decision by taking up almost the whole 1st quarter, lol.

- On the McLaughlin run, his individual effort which was great; what also was huge: KC with a great block and then a second block, Corley with an excellent block, and Boston was blocking his defender all the way to the end zone. That is a big recipe for huge runs. It was awesome to see.

- Our receivers are playing excellent right now. There will be some up and downs with the rookies. However, being the selfless hard workers in all aspects will mitigate some of those times. Doing the little things (full effort on blocking, running hard routes, coming back to the ball/finding open spots on the QB scramble drill) will counter those moments.

- Juedy had me laughing on his reaction on his first catch. He stood up with the ball, kissed it and kept looking at the ball and his hands like he was seeing his newborn for the first time..he did this all the way walking to the sideline. My first quick reaction was: is he being a smartass and saying he finally was targeted? Or was he making a joke about him actually catching the ball? By the players reactions and his after, it seems like it was the latter, haha. Either way, I found it funny.

- Watson had a good/great game overall. I am happy they were throwing deep on plays. The plays are there to be had with so many weapons. In a span of four plays in the first quarter: KC with a great diving reception on a 25 yard deep out (could have been a TD or a huge gain with a good throw), a nice throw (incomplete) down the side line to Boston with the defender pulling Boston's right arm down, a run, then another hell of a throw on the deep fade to Boston with the damn defender pulling him back. The point I am making is the explosive plays are there.

- The offensive of line did an excellent job on passing downs, I love seeing them getting better and better. The run blocking game generally speaking is almost there. Last week there were a few plays last game where there were a few plays were they were one block for springing for a big gain. I saw a couple plays this week we could've had a huge run, negated by missing that one block that turned it into a missing a bunch of extra yards.

- Without seeing the All-22, Wypler looked like he had a great game. I am assuming he was making the line calls. Kudos to him.

- The Special teams: Szmyt was excellent, Bojorquez was excellent, Corley had an awesome play to down the ball on the 1 on a punt.

- The defensive line...wow! We lose two DTs and all that happens is Huntington comes in and causes some havoc. McGuire keeps getting better and better. Heck, even Sam Williams had a sack and played solid.

- Another funny moment: I think it was the 4th quarter the Steelers were driving. The ball was snapped and all of a sudden Mike Hall Jr. bursts through the line like was shot out of a cannon, which I can only assume the cannon was trainers room (is that legal?) since he wasn't even on the sideline before this. The best part, my reaction was Wait what? when did Hall get back?, then the announcers said the same thing. I am assuming we all had that same reaction, lol.

- Three penalties on one play: Collins roughing the passer I could see going either way, I didn't see what Verse did, and the Harden defensive holding was bs with Wilson running right at him to the point that he almost knocked Harden over.

- There was a huge contrast of watching the Browns players and the Steelers players actions/reactions during the game. There were a couple times the Browns players emotions got the best of them (that happens). However, overall what I saw was players having fun and having a business focus the whole game. The Steelers - Rogers with his whole attitude, Watt grabbing headsets, his confrontation on the sideline with the DBs, and etc. They just don't look like a fun team to watch (besides them being the Steelers, lol).

There is more I want to say, but I'll leave some things for everyone else to point out, lol.

OUTSTANDING game analysis. 👍

"- On the McLaughlin run, his individual effort which was great; what also was huge: KC with a great block and then a second block, Corley with an excellent block, and Boston was blocking his defender all the way to the end zone. That is a big recipe for huge runs. It was awesome to see."

That was so awesome. I replayed it several times. KC smaller than most of the dudes on that field and would. not. quit... Then my eyes lower on the screen and see Boston pushing his dude all the way into the endzone. BEAST.


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Originally Posted by mgh888
Victory Friday and it feels brilliant. Lots of great observations from posters here ... love the videos. None more than Monken with his game balls and Andre with the go ahead FG kick ❤️

I love the game ball to Szmyt. "Nice job... that's all".

Monken didn't say what he wanted to say; he was pissed on the sideline when the ensuing kickoff went in the endzone. And justifiably so, not a tick came off the clock and he gave Rodgers the 35yl.

He saved that for a one-on-one later. Good job, coach.


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,940
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,940
Originally Posted by FATE
OUTSTANDING game analysis. 👍

"- On the McLaughlin run, his individual effort which was great; what also was huge: KC with a great block and then a second block, Corley with an excellent block, and Boston was blocking his defender all the way to the end zone. That is a big recipe for huge runs. It was awesome to see."

That was so awesome. I replayed it several times. KC smaller than most of the dudes on that field and would. not. quit... Then my eyes lower on the screen and see Boston pushing his dude all the way into the endzone. BEAST.

Thanks bro!

Yea, I did the same thing. It was just an overall beautiful play between McLaughlin breaking tackles and those blocks.

Speaking of KC and beast, somewhere around the 3rd or 4th quarter. KC caught a pass was driven sort of head first into the sideline ground. The showed him walking back and shaking his head like he had his bell rung. Very next play, he received an inside bubble screen and weaved in and out for about a 10-15 yard gain and even ramming into defenders to get a few extra yards. That dude is a dawg.

His time is coming soon where he's going to explode.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,692
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,692
I took note of one comment Monken made above everything else he had to say. That's just how much all of these young players want to learn and be coached. IMO that's the key ingredient required for any athlete to reach their full potential.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Lol. Yep. I'm like "quit shaking your head bro, they'll send you to the tent". Next play he went straight joystick on 'em. 💪


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
I want to mention one guy who doesn't seem to haver gottten much love, and that's Luke Wypler. I thought he played a great all around game. I don't think we missed a step with Jenkins out.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,959
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,959
j/c. It was a great team win. I didn't expect it. I was elated last night, after spending much of the second half standing in the living room. (our garage tv is not a smart tv, so I couldn't take my usual viewing position) Too many penalties, but they overcame them. Wife was cussing a lot. "Just relax.", as ...............heck, the Browns won!!!!

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,940
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,940
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Originally Posted by FATE
OUTSTANDING game analysis. 👍

"- On the McLaughlin run, his individual effort which was great; what also was huge: KC with a great block and then a second block, Corley with an excellent block, and Boston was blocking his defender all the way to the end zone. That is a big recipe for huge runs. It was awesome to see."

That was so awesome. I replayed it several times. KC smaller than most of the dudes on that field and would. not. quit... Then my eyes lower on the screen and see Boston pushing his dude all the way into the endzone. BEAST.

Thanks bro!

Yea, I did the same thing. It was just an overall beautiful play between McLaughlin breaking tackles and those blocks.

Speaking of KC and beast, somewhere around the 3rd or 4th quarter. KC caught a pass was driven sort of head first into the sideline ground. The showed him walking back and shaking his head like he had his bell rung. Very next play, he received an inside bubble screen and weaved in and out for about a 10-15 yard gain and even ramming into defenders to get a few extra yards. That dude is a dawg.

His time is coming soon where he's going to explode.

Correction: It was the an incomplete pass over the middle, then a 25 yard inside bubble screen at 3:03 in the second quarter. I just looked it up.

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 57
Rookie
Offline
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 57
Big shoutout to the special teams—they’ve been rock solid all year. We’re not used to that round here.

Szmyt = $

Bojorquez an 81 yard punt…are you s******g me?!

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Right? That ball travelled 82 yards in the air.

ICYMI:




HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,599
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,599
Graham seems to have avoided a major injury - maybe only out weeks


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
Wild.


Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
It's just alien territory for this team to actually find ways to win.

We've spent over 30 years literally inventing new ways to lose.

Wow. That is crazy.


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,058
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Graham seems to have avoided a major injury - maybe only out weeks

That is probably the best news from this game. Maybe 3 weeks, and we have a week and a half before our next game.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
For your viewing pleasure... Consensus? This is not the same old Browns.


The Browns are for real



This team is different now



Start at 14:45 Browns analysis and Stephen A meltdown. Hilarious! rofl


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
Great videos - I think Quincy absolutely nailed it.

Think the Get Up crew were a little too over the top - Not seeing the Browns as the 4th best team in the AFC yet ... Thought Dan Garziano was about right. We'll see how Watson goes - in some ways the Browns go as far as he can take them. If he regresses to the average of his play as a Brown (or gets injured) then we're going to struggle. BUT - I also believe Quincy is spot on when he says we haven't seen how good this team can play yet.

October 18th is going to tell us an awful lot.


The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Yeah, I'm pissed. TWO family events scheduled on the 18th. No way in hell I watch that game live. banghead

I'm like "what are these dudes even talking about??" I think everybody wants to be "first" in today's media so they look smart. Browns are easy fodder because they can just make a joke about it if they're wrong.


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
Originally Posted by FATE
Yeah, I'm pissed. TWO family events scheduled on the 18th. No way in hell I watch that game live.

5 a.m. beckons !! 🤣

It's interesting because we have a few real Browns fans on a couple of those shows and then there's Andre - it's genuinely nice to hear a little love or shared pain from them from time to time.


The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,947
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,947
That brought a grin.

I just watched "What is AI?" on Netflix.


Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Wild.





At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
One observation I’ve had that it seems the players like Monken and it shows with how hard they’re playing for him. I didn’t see that with KS the last two years.

For what it's worth, I think the guy is genuine and the players see him in that light. Good game.. Gotta give props to Watson. Honestly, I didn't think he had it..


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,712
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,712
Originally Posted by waterdawg
I was referring to WR Isaiah Bond .. I was hoping to see more of him .. I saw flash's of talent last season in his limited playing time .

I like Bond as well. It just seems like the staff, at least at this point, seem to favor Fannin and the two rookies and they will get the bulk of the opportunities moving forward.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,947
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,947
IMO the offense will evolve as each game is played.

This really is on the job training. DW hopefully will learn his receivers and know when to go to them.

Boston because of his catch radius has found a connection with DW. He is a big target who has great hands.

KC is the go to on quick routes. He is easy to find underneath because he has that shake to separate.

Bond is a guy who will threaten on deep routes. These take time and you want certain looks. The routes take longer and need good protection.

Fannin, Carson, Graham, Q, second year players.

Fano, KC, Boston, Barber, Warren, first year rookies.

That is a load of talent in two drafts.

There is a lot of talent on the Browns spread around the field.

If Watson can protect the ball and find the open guy on time. The Browns can win games.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by waterdawg
I was referring to WR Isaiah Bond .. I was hoping to see more of him .. I saw flash's of talent last season in his limited playing time .

I like Bond as well. It just seems like the staff, at least at this point, seem to favor Fannin and the two rookies and they will get the bulk of the opportunities moving forward.

Did a quick AI but it looks legit. Two catches on two targets so far for Bond.

He'll see more turf when someone gets dinged; but I'd like to see a few more reps in the interim.


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,031
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,031
Isaiah Bond is another talented WR. Our WR room is very deep right now and talented. I'm sure Monken will work Bond in and start giving him more targets. I think everyone including our coaches are surprised at how well our 2 rookie WRs are doing. Bond is a serious deep threat.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
There is an embarrassment of riches at WR.

I can't believe I just typed that and meant it.


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,031
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,031
Exactly and last season we had one of the worse WR rooms in the league. With a very good RT and a very good QB our O might rank top 10 IMO.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,642
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,642
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Wild.


I imagine the Jax game is doing the heavy lifting in that stat.


"FIALURE IS NOT AN OPTION...!"

-mac
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,947
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,947
Rodgers is a HOFer.

However, his current behavior is not helping his team IMO.

His obvious acts of frustration appear to demean his head coach. At the same time he acts like he should be in charge of all offensive decisions.

Teams are made up of players mostly under thirty. There are veterans over 30 of course. It cannot be helpful having one player act like everyone else is an idiot.

The Steelers look like a team coming apart at the seams and Rodgers the guy who is cutting the threads.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,273
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,273
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Our WR room is very deep right now and talented.

If your would have said that a few short weeks ago, you might not have survived the backlash.


And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341


At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,408
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,408
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Our WR room is very deep right now and talented.

If your would have said that a few short weeks ago, you might not have survived the backlash.

Yeah I'm not sure how Boston fell to us but I'm very glad he did lol.

Looks like the best of the class so far.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,692
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,692
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
Yeah I'm not sure how Boston fell to us but I'm very glad he did lol.

Looks like the best of the class so far.

I was shocked he was still there. I'm no draft guru by any means but I had him rated quite a bit higher than that. I didn't have him dropping out of round one. Closer to #25 than #39.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,408
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,408
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
Yeah I'm not sure how Boston fell to us but I'm very glad he did lol.

Looks like the best of the class so far.

I was shocked he was still there. I'm no draft guru by any means but I had him rated quite a bit higher than that. I didn't have him dropping out of round one. Closer to #25 than #39.

Same here, just thought he was a sure fire first round pick with his size and hands.

I was pretty depressed when Tate was taken, but wasn't upset at all about the trade down to get Fano.

Wasn't thrilled with the Concepcion pick, but he has looked pretty good so I am now.

And I was really thrilled to get Boston where we got him, so no complaints.

And I have to admit I was wanting Berry fired a couple years ago, glad I'm not calling the shots on that either. 2 great drafts and looking like he hired a pretty good coach too.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
The two of them work together complimenting each other. Smaller guy with (potentially elite) separation skills and twitch, a big guy with a catch radius and strong at the point of catch. I was very happy with both picks and as has been said surprised Boston fell to us.

Fano has been a great pick - and I would have been happy (almost wanted him more than Boston) to take McNeil Warren at 39 and was shocked he was still there at 58. Austin Barber has graded out at 62 so far - has played every snap. Hell of a draft back to back for Berry.

Last edited by mgh888; 10/05/26 03:39 AM.

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341
Interesting to see the Browns are +2.5 against the Jets this Sunday.

No Breece Hall, Tim Patrick, or Omar Cooper for sure.

Status of Adonai Mitchell, Mason Taylor, starting guard Dylan Parnham are up in the air.

Geno is an average QB at best.


At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
Vegas is ignoring recency bias and looking at the underlying metrics. Cleveland is overperforming with regards to their record when looking at their EPA/play, turnover differential, net yardage, etc...

Jets = +3 turnover margin

Browns = -1 turnover margin

Jets net EPA/play = +.12

Browns net EPA/play = -.20

Jets net total yardage = +89 yards

Browns net total yardage = -97

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,998
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,998
I am good to have them stay underdogs. They have been underdogs in all of the 1st 4 and won 3 of those games. Keep the chip on their shoulders as long as possible.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,909
Some great analysis numbers there - Paul Depodesta would be proud, Mac might choke!

I guess this shows the Browns currently having a w/l record better than the sum of it's play on the football field. I'd argue this is where coaching makes a huge difference. I think you could argue over the last 4 previous years we've lost more games we were "ahead" in these types of analytics ... was that coaching also? At times it felt like it? Maybe it was just bad luck?

We might see the Browns regress to the sum of it's average? We might see an improvement in the metrics as the OL plays together, as the rookies learn and grow, as Judkins continues his road to recovery .... and for my money, if Monken can make the team believe - can prevent them from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when we have the chance for a W ... we'll continue to be ahead of where virtually everyone predicted. It may not be above .500 come January. But 3 more wins from 13 games and we've beaten most predictions. Win versus the Jets and it will feel pretty damn good to be 4-1 no matter how we get there!


The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,031
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,031
I think the coaching the last couple of years had a lot to do with our poor play. Lack of adjustments during the game is right at the top IMO. Poor clock management is another. Our ST play is so much better.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
Originally Posted by mgh888
Some great analysis numbers there - Paul Depodesta would be proud, Mac might choke!

I guess this shows the Browns currently having a w/l record better than the sum of it's play on the football field. I'd argue this is where coaching makes a huge difference. I think you could argue over the last 4 previous years we've lost more games we were "ahead" in these types of analytics ... was that coaching also? At times it felt like it? Maybe it was just bad luck?

We might see the Browns regress to the sum of it's average? We might see an improvement in the metrics as the OL plays together, as the rookies learn and grow, as Judkins continues his road to recovery .... and for my money, if Monken can make the team believe - can prevent them from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when we have the chance for a W ... we'll continue to be ahead of where virtually everyone predicted. It may not be above .500 come January. But 3 more wins from 13 games and we've beaten most predictions. Win versus the Jets and it will feel pretty damn good to be 4-1 no matter how we get there!

There is definitely a market expectation that the Browns will regress to the mean.

A few examples:

FanDuel still has the Browns at +1100 to win their division, +390 to finish second in the AFCN, +180 for a 3rd place.

FanDuel has the Browns currently at +390 just to make the playoffs and -375 for them to miss the playoffs.

If anyone believes in this team, now is the time to throw some money at them. Just like Jimmy!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,692
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,692
I believe they have outperformed expectations "to this point". Does that count? naughtydevil


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,341
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Vegas is ignoring recency bias and looking at the underlying metrics. Cleveland is overperforming with regards to their record when looking at their EPA/play, turnover differential, net yardage, etc...

Jets = +3 turnover margin

Browns = -1 turnover margin

Jets net EPA/play = +.12

Browns net EPA/play = -.20

Jets net total yardage = +89 yards

Browns net total yardage = -97

True, but #ToddMonkenFreed has to count for a few points, no?


At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,412
F
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
F
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,412
Originally Posted by FATE
Yeah, I'm pissed. TWO family events scheduled on the 18th. No way in hell I watch that game live..

Just found out wife and I have to go to Thailand next week. Her mom is really sick and old (upper 80’s), so we have to go, and I will miss the Ravens and Titans game.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,092
Wow. That's a bit different. Go take care of mom. Safe travels, bro.


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,031
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,031
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by mgh888
Some great analysis numbers there - Paul Depodesta would be proud, Mac might choke!

I guess this shows the Browns currently having a w/l record better than the sum of it's play on the football field. I'd argue this is where coaching makes a huge difference. I think you could argue over the last 4 previous years we've lost more games we were "ahead" in these types of analytics ... was that coaching also? At times it felt like it? Maybe it was just bad luck?

We might see the Browns regress to the sum of it's average? We might see an improvement in the metrics as the OL plays together, as the rookies learn and grow, as Judkins continues his road to recovery .... and for my money, if Monken can make the team believe - can prevent them from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when we have the chance for a W ... we'll continue to be ahead of where virtually everyone predicted. It may not be above .500 come January. But 3 more wins from 13 games and we've beaten most predictions. Win versus the Jets and it will feel pretty damn good to be 4-1 no matter how we get there!

There is definitely a market expectation that the Browns will regress to the mean.

A few examples:

FanDuel still has the Browns at +1100 to win their division, +390 to finish second in the AFCN, +180 for a 3rd place.

FanDuel has the Browns currently at +390 just to make the playoffs and -375 for them to miss the playoffs.

If anyone believes in this team, now is the time to throw some money at them. Just like Jimmy!

I have never bet on the Browns until this year. My daughter went to Vegas back in the spring with some college friends and for fun, I told her to put $100 on the Browns to win the AFC North.. My payout would be around $2300 if they pull it off.

I'm not holding my breath, lol... I still expect them to have a top 15 draft pick.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Vegas is ignoring recency bias and looking at the underlying metrics. Cleveland is overperforming with regards to their record when looking at their EPA/play, turnover differential, net yardage, etc...

Jets = +3 turnover margin

Browns = -1 turnover margin

Jets net EPA/play = +.12

Browns net EPA/play = -.20

Jets net total yardage = +89 yards

Browns net total yardage = -97

True, but #ToddMonkenFreed has to count for a few points, no?

How to even quantify! willynilly (MIT rejected me, quickly)

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16,504
Originally Posted by IrishDawg42
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by mgh888
Some great analysis numbers there - Paul Depodesta would be proud, Mac might choke!

I guess this shows the Browns currently having a w/l record better than the sum of it's play on the football field. I'd argue this is where coaching makes a huge difference. I think you could argue over the last 4 previous years we've lost more games we were "ahead" in these types of analytics ... was that coaching also? At times it felt like it? Maybe it was just bad luck?

We might see the Browns regress to the sum of it's average? We might see an improvement in the metrics as the OL plays together, as the rookies learn and grow, as Judkins continues his road to recovery .... and for my money, if Monken can make the team believe - can prevent them from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when we have the chance for a W ... we'll continue to be ahead of where virtually everyone predicted. It may not be above .500 come January. But 3 more wins from 13 games and we've beaten most predictions. Win versus the Jets and it will feel pretty damn good to be 4-1 no matter how we get there!

There is definitely a market expectation that the Browns will regress to the mean.

A few examples:

FanDuel still has the Browns at +1100 to win their division, +390 to finish second in the AFCN, +180 for a 3rd place.

FanDuel has the Browns currently at +390 just to make the playoffs and -375 for them to miss the playoffs.

If anyone believes in this team, now is the time to throw some money at them. Just like Jimmy!

I have never bet on the Browns until this year. My daughter went to Vegas back in the spring with some college friends and for fun, I told her to put $100 on the Browns to win the AFC North.. My payout would be around $2300 if they pull it off.

I'm not holding my breath, lol... I still expect them to have a top 15 draft pick.

Heck yeah! That's awesome and good luck thumbsup

Makes each week more fun than the previous (assuming wins).

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,940
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,940

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,285
B
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
B
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,285
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Interesting to see the Browns are +2.5 against the Jets this Sunday.

No Breece Hall, Tim Patrick, or Omar Cooper for sure.

Status of Adonai Mitchell, Mason Taylor, starting guard Dylan Parnham are up in the air.

Geno is an average QB at best.

I think it is the results of games played the week after the Thursday night game. Since 2011, they have won 2 and lost 11, and they lost all their away games.

2024 lost @ Denver 41-32
2023 lost @ Cincinnati 31-14
2022 lost @ Atlanta 23-20
2021 lost (H) Pittsburgh 15-10
2020 won (H) Washington 34-20
2019 won (H) Miami 41-24
2018 lost @ Oakland 45-42
2016 lost (H) Pittsburgh 24-9
2015 lost @ Pittsburgh 30-9
2014 lost (H) Houston 23-7
2013 lost (H) Detroit 31-17
2012 lost @ New York Giants 41-27
2011 lost @ Arizona 20-17

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Looking Back: Browns 27 Steelers 24 Post Game Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5