Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Fletch #290582 07/20/08 09:26 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
You have admitted on multiple occasios that you dont keep up on college football, yet you just KNOW USC is better than OSU. Just being a hater again I guess.


KING


You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
kingodawg #290583 07/20/08 09:47 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,800
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,800
I am going by my limited opinion on college football, but USC is the team to strive to be, so if OSU pulls it off I will give them props. I don't follow college football like allot of you guys, but I am far from ignorant concerning the topic.

I hope OSU can beat Troy.

Fletch #290584 07/20/08 10:04 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Quote:

I am going by my limited opinion on college football, but USC is the team to strive to be,


USC hasnt really been that good for a few years, they had their run with Leinart and Bush. No doubt they are a tradition packed program, much like OSU. Many would say OSU is the program to strive to be, it all depends on your allegiances. You would get different arguments in diferent regions of the country. Not that preseason rankings mean a whole lot but most so called experts have OSU in the top three, at least. I thing USC is hanging around 12 or so. It will be a good test for sure.

KING


You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Quote:

USC should knock the snot out of OSU since USC is a better team, but anything can happen.



USC is not the better team. I expect OSU to win. USC is talented but they lost senior leadership and they have to throw in a QB with very little experience. USC recievers havent panned out. OSU is returning a lot of talent. I think beanie is better then any runningback USC has. Not to mention the only coach that could say hes as good as pete carroll is jim tressel.

LA Brown fan #290586 07/20/08 11:02 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 194
H
2nd String
Offline
2nd String
H
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 194
I am and always will be a Buckeye, but it's time for OSU to put up or shut up in this game.

candyman92 #290587 07/20/08 11:25 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,563
T
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,563
Quote:

Quote:

USC should knock the snot out of OSU since USC is a better team, but anything can happen.



USC is not the better team. I expect OSU to win. USC is talented but they lost senior leadership and they have to throw in a QB with very little experience. USC recievers havent panned out. OSU is returning a lot of talent. I think beanie is better then any runningback USC has. Not to mention the only coach that could say hes as good as pete carroll is jim tressel.




BTW, that's not my quote. I said OSU is the better team, but home field is a big advantage. I think USC wins, even though they are not the best team.


you had a good run Hank.
LA Brown fan #290588 07/20/08 11:49 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 934
L
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
L
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 934
Just to correct myself. I meant to say I live close to the colliseum. I'm waiting for tix now. GO BUCKEYES

LA Brown fan #290589 07/21/08 11:59 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,753
C
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
C
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,753
I'm working on tickets through contacts at work. Should know this week if I get them. Regardless, a fellow alum, a friend and I have a beachfront place rented already in Santa Monica.

If you find tickets, please let me know where you got them and the cost just in case my work contact doesn't work out.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,758
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,758
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

USC should knock the snot out of OSU since USC is a better team, but anything can happen.



USC is not the better team. I expect OSU to win. USC is talented but they lost senior leadership and they have to throw in a QB with very little experience. USC recievers havent panned out. OSU is returning a lot of talent. I think beanie is better then any runningback USC has. Not to mention the only coach that could say hes as good as pete carroll is jim tressel.




BTW, that's not my quote. I said OSU is the better team, but home field is a big advantage. I think USC wins, even though they are not the best team.



Home field is gonna be huge. Without seeing either team this year play a single down it's way too early to tell anything about this game yet, except I wish I was going

I am soo pumped the Buckeyes and Browns are just around the corner!!

O H!!


Our honor defend, we will fight to the end, for OHIO! GO BUCKS!
BrownsFan337 #290591 07/21/08 01:30 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,281
P
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
P
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,281
Keep in mind our 05 and 06 Home and Home with Texas. Each team won on the other's home turf...

One thing we do have going for us with this one is that the Coliseum is not known for being an overwhelming intimidating venue. Their crowd just does not affect the ballgame like say Penn State, FLA, Nebraska, etc..

Hell, Stanford won IN the Coliseum last year. I really think the best team will win this game. With that said, their is no way this game will be blowout IMO. I think this game comes down to our defense. If our FRONT FOUR gets pressure, we are in very good shape. Our front four needs to step up from last year. I feel like Gohlston was on an island at times last year. We need Cam Heyward to break out this year. I would love to see this be a low scoring game, as I believe that really favors us...

Oh yeah, and I am sure the recent statements by Carson Palmer about OSU are already posted on the bulletin board at the Woody Hayes Center. That stuff never hurts ....


I heart winning
playoffmaker #290592 07/21/08 02:09 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
I agree about the stadium thing. Playing in happy valley at night is crazy. I thought that would be the one game we would lose last year. The swamp can also get crazy. I think part of the reason why USC isnt intimidating is because its in LA. Hell UCLA has more intimidation in their stadium. I remeber the white out a few years ago. Also carson palmers IQ must be dropping from all the other bunghole fans.

candyman92 #290593 07/21/08 03:41 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,281
P
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
P
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,281
Yeah man, I was up in Happy Valley for the 05 debacle. That was one of the worst experiences of my life. WIth Penn State having been down for a few years, that game was their chance to get back on the map, and boy, did they ever.

The fans their were ridiculous in preparation for the game. From throwing the beer bottles at our band to picking fights for "walking through the wrong tailgate." Place was an absolute cesspool..


I heart winning
playoffmaker #290594 07/21/08 03:48 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Not to mention the only hurricane ever recorded in the state of pennsylvania I still have nightmares of Troy Smith geting smacked by tamba hali.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Expert Roundtable: A must win? OSU vs USC

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5