Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Adam Schefter is thinking the same thing...

Quote:

The Jets went from one quarterback question to another, from whether Brett Favre would return to now who will succeed him.

Logical successors come from within. Kellen Clemens is a former second-round draft choice who has some support within the organization. Clemens was, at one time, good enough to beat out Chad Pennington, so there is some ability there.

Also, some within the organization believe undrafted free-agent quarterback Brett Ratliff has a bigger upside than Clemens and is good enough to wind up starting. Ratliff must be monitored, if for no other reason than enough people within the Jets’ organization believe in him.

If the Jets decide to go the free-agent route, former Giant Kerry Collins is a quarterback who knows how to deal with New York’s media — and winds.

If the Jets decide to trade for a quarterback, the most logical one is Cleveland’s Derek Anderson. For starters, Anderson has the most attractive contractual situation of any veteran quarterback. He is due a $5 million roster bonus on the 15th day of the league year, which is about a month from now. He signed a three-year, $24.5 million deal last year and still has two seasons remaining on it.

Beyond the contract are the relationships. Browns coach Eric Mangini and Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum have enough of a relationship that the two men could work out a deal. Also, Jets coach Rex Ryan worked with Anderson in Baltimore before the Ravens released the QB.

If the Jets were to trade for a quarterback, the most logical candidate is Anderson. But Clemens and Ratliff cannot be dismissed from the competition, either.

NFL.com

Anderson is VERY tradeable..... no one should let that looming $5 million roster bonus make you think otherwise.
IF he is traded, I can all but guarantee that the new team will just re-work his deal and convert that to a signing bonus, maybe throw a little extra in for good measure. He will get his cash and they will get a VERY cap-friendly deal in the last season of the Cap.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Why bring politics into a Football messageboard....but let me guess you know about as much on economic policies as you do football

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
analogy

noun
1. an inference that if things agree in some respects they probably agree in others
2. drawing a comparison in order to show a similarity in some respect; "the operation of a computer presents and interesting analogy to the working of the brain"; "the models show by analogy how matter is built up"

Hopefully, this definition will clear things up for you. But probably not........

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:

Anderson I have complete confidence in

For anyone to say they have complete confidence in either quarterback is ludicrous.

Let me guess, you had complete confidence in George Bush's economic policies, too, didn't you........

Let me expound. Anderson, I had seen play a few games, I saw how the team moved the ball more consistently, to more field goal drives, or more touchdown drives, and also more interceptions, but team was trying to challenge the defense, this was prior to opening game 2007. I had seen even more drives where the team was moving the ball then, than I have seen with Quinn now. In part of the year 07 Anderson had put up better numbers than top qb's, he showed an ability to ( how should I say) ... It looked like he got mad and took the game over, at least the offense got mad if it wasn't all his credit.

Forget my arguement, that Anderson looks better, as soon as Quinn shows on gameday, that he's getting the job done, I'll be a bigger believer he should start. What is my definiton of getting the job done,
( The quarterbacks job is to lead the team to first downs that become touchdowns ) my definition hasn't changed since the Couch, Holcombe, time, it makes no difference what I think, its what the team thinks and decides, I just hope, for competitiveness' sake that if they part with Anderson in the off-season that it doesn't blow up in their face. What would that be, an easy example, Quinn plays like Klingler, or Akili Smith did for the Bengals and the Browns are back to square 1, or -1 from today.
I"m not saying that will happen, I'm saying it is a possibility.
Others views are not necessarilly ridiculous on this subject in my opinion, yet I don't see that side of the arguement, making any case to enlighten me on where my case is "ludicrous".
I also don't see reason to waste board space, in a qb debate, so I'm going to try to give it a rest and read, the evidence anyone offers for the team is better off trading or parting with Anderson; fans only, because the team doesn't owe an explanation to me or anybody on what they decide.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Forget my arguement, that Anderson looks better, as soon as Quinn shows on gameday, that he's getting the job done, I'll be a bigger believer he should start. What is my definiton of getting the job done,
( The quarterbacks job is to lead the team to first downs that become touchdowns ) my definition hasn't changed since the Couch, Holcombe, time, it makes no difference what I think, its what the team thinks and decides, I just hope, for competitiveness' sake that if they part with Anderson in the off-season that it doesn't blow up in their face.

You have now set a single season message board record for most commas used in consecutive sentences. Congratulations.....

Stay gone Brett Favre.....go fishin'.....enjoy retirement.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Favre Retires......again.

Link Copied to Clipboard