Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

You kiss and make up with them, and stroke his baby ego.

Tell that to a host of folks around here who still believe that hardline stances of 30 years ago are the way to go today.........

and we will still disagree

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Just curious...In all those examples did any of those QBs demand to be traded...or was it the Organization that traded him.

I would appear to me to be the latter so that means there were reasons the trading team had for trading the young QB and all got the best of the deal.

In the Cutler case its not the team shopping him around. He's demanding to be traded.

JMHO

I thought it was because the team was shopping him that he demanded a trade.?.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think when you mix a star athlete who is used to being coddled, an owner who made some promises he shouldn't have, and a young coach who thinks he has to lay down the law to be taken seriously your asking for this very thing to happen. Cutler needs to grow up, Pat Bowlen should never have told Cutler he thought they would keep the offense intact until he knew for sure what McDaniels wanted, and McDaniels has to understand that sometimes playing hardball doesn't work.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
E
Legend
Legend
E
"I thought it was because the team was shopping him that he demanded a trade.?."

Not Shopping as in plural...McDaniels went to One store...the Cassell Store. And from there this all started...but they had a sit down - 3 way call. And it was there that Cutler was further PO'd when McDaniels stated that Everyone was trade able which just was the wrong thing to say in a smooth over convo about trading him.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Eo,, I don't think they even started shopping Cutler,, they seemed to be just going for Cassel and that's what ticked Cutler off to begin with or at least that's the way I felt after reading the initial story.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

"I thought it was because the team was shopping him that he demanded a trade.?."

Not Shopping as in plural...McDaniels went to One store...the Cassell Store. And from there this all started...but they had a sit down - 3 way call. And it was there that Cutler was further PO'd when McDaniels stated that Everyone was trade able which just was the wrong thing to say in a smooth over convo about trading him.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I can understand why a young probowl QB has a big problem with his team willing to replace him with a less accomplished QB.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ditto, what they said.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I can understand why a young probowl QB has a big problem with his team willing to replace him with a less accomplished QB.

True, but the better way to handle it might be to not first go spilling your guts out in the press.

As for "less accomplished" wasn't for him to decide either.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just clicking---

Lots of folks make a big deal out of Cutler throwing for 4,500 yards....that isn't saying a lot when he attempted 616 passes. There were only 10 guys in the league that attempted 500 let alone 600.....

Legend
Legend
So what is it that you are trying to say?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I haven't made a lot out of his passing yardage. But, c'mon, 4500 yards is not chopped liver.

No matter what you think of Cutler or Quinn or even DA, the fact remains that if we were offered a fair deal that involves us getting Cutler as our QB we'd be nuts not to take it.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
H
1st String
1st String
H
jc

Here is a prime example how Cutler should have handled the trade rumors.

web page

Quinn not taking trade talk to heart

QB says rapport fine with new offensive coordinator Daboll

By Marla Ridenour
Beacon Journal sports writer

Published on Sunday, Mar 22, 2009

CLEVELAND: If the Browns are trying to trade quarterback Brady Quinn in a scenario involving disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, Quinn has caught no hint of it.

Speaking at halftime of the Cavaliers game Saturday at Quicken Loans Arena, Quinn said he hasn't spoken to coach Eric Mangini or General Manager George Kokinis about the Cutler rumors.

One of the most prominent would also involve the New York Jets, with Cutler going to the Jets, Quinn to the Broncos and the Browns receiving draft choices.

The scenario has been thrown out as logical because Quinn spent two years at Notre Dame under coach Charlie Weis, the former New England Patriots offensive coordinator. New Broncos coach Josh McDaniels spent his entire pro career in New England and will run an offensive attack similar to the Patriots'.

Asked whether he'd talked to Mangini or Kokinis about being traded, Quinn said: ''Not to ask questions like that because there's no need to. If that were actually true or were going to happen, I think they eventually would let me know and talk about it.''

So he puts no stock in the talk?

''None whatsoever,'' Quinn said.

''There's nothing really you can do about it. Obviously, I want to be in Cleveland. I grew up rooting for 'em; I'm totally living my dream now. It's out of your control.''

Quinn finds the presumption about the Weis offense and the Broncos interesting, because new Browns offensive coordinator Brian Daboll served as receivers coach when Weis was with the Patriots.

''It's funny because people underestimate the fact that Brian Daboll was under coach Weis as well,'' he said. ''You can say that for both of us. There's always rumors; it's the drama of the NFL.''

Quinn said he stayed in Cleveland after the season and has been working with Daboll.

''So far, the rapport with him has been great, going up and meeting with him,'' Quinn said. ''It's been a lot of fun from that standpoint.''

Most observers presume that either Quinn or Derek Anderson will be traded before training camp begins, perhaps on draft day.

Anderson struggled in 2008 after a Pro Bowl season in 2007, but Quinn started only three games last year before suffering a broken finger.

Asked whether he and Anderson will both be with the Browns this season, Quinn said: ''I don't know. You're asking the wrong guy. I go in there, I put my hat on and I go to work. You should try talking to the other guys.''

Your copy/paste duplicated the story. I just deleted the duplicate

Last edited by Referee6; 03/22/09 02:06 PM.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
i was just thinking this of both DA and Quinn. Neither are getting bent out of shape and demanding a trade out of town. I think that speaks volumns about the maturity of both QB's. It also allows the browns to get top value for a trade as well- a disgruntled player does not seem to net as much return for the team.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It might also be because neither of our QBs has enough leverage to do that. Cutler does.

Griping about a trade would probably get our guys sent to the NFL equivalent of Siberia. I believe that at this point that is spelled Detroit.......

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quinn had every reason in the world to be demanding a trade last year. He handled the non-competion for the starting QB with class and maturity.

The NFL equivalent of Siberia??? How much worse can it get??? I think DA and Quinn are there right now. All the more reason to ask for a trade. God forbid they get sent to Denver???? might actually make the playoffs this year- that would be terrible.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I haven't made a lot out of his passing yardage. But, c'mon, 4500 yards is not chopped liver.

No matter what you think of Cutler or Quinn or even DA, the fact remains that if we were offered a fair deal that involves us getting Cutler as our QB we'd be nuts not to take it.

I have many more thoughts on the topic but kept it brief due to the board eating posts. I know I can type it in Word first but that's ridiculous.....

And it DOES matter what is thought of Cutler.....he throws lots of INTs and he's a fumbler. Give me someone who can take care of the ball, and give me someone we can grow the team around instead of repeatedly making changes for the sake of change......CONTINUTIY!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

How much worse can it get???

0-16.......

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

someone we can grow the team around instead of repeatedly making changes for the sake of change

Please......you think that if Cutler came here it wouldn't solve our QB questions for at least 10 years? C'mon, you may have a problem with his personality but I'll bet you could find at least 25 GMs that would trade for him in a heartbeat if they could. Talent generally comes through in the end.

I'm also so tired of hearing that continuity argument. Taken to the extreme that would mean we'd still have Chris Palmer as our HC and Dwight Clark/Carmen Policy as our GM. Are you really endorsing something along those lines? I doubt it.

Continuity is only good if the person in charge/starting players are doing a good job. Otherwise, continuity is Matt Millen. How'd that work out?

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Sunday, March 22, 2009 1:09 AM EDT
By JEFF SCHUDEL
jschudel@MorningJournal.com

As far as Brady Quinn is concerned, all the rumors about the Browns trying to trade him are that and nothing more – just rumors.

Quinn had a front row seat on the floor Saturday to watch the Cavaliers drill the Hawks, 102-96, at Quicken Loans Arena. A couple reporters cornered him at halftime to get his take on the stories flying around the country about the Browns putting him on the trading block with the thought he can get more than Derek Anderson could in return.

Quinn has been working out at the Browns facility since before the offseason program began on Monday. He has talked with Coach Eric Mangini, but has not felt the need to ask if the Browns are trying to trade him.

“I don’t think there’s any need to ask questions like that,” Quinn said. “If anything like that were true and going to happen, I think they’d eventually let me know in talking about it. I’m not putting any stock in it whatsoever.

“Obviously I want to be in Cleveland. I grew up rooting for them. I want to live my dream out.”

Quinn has been linked to a trade to Denver, where Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler is pouting and asking to be traded because his feelings were hurt by new head coach Josh McDaniels.

McDaniels, the former offensive coordinator in New England, investigated trading for quarterback Matt Cassel, whom McDaniels coached while with the Patriots. Instead, Bill Belichick traded Cassel to Kansas City.

Cutler made the Pro Bowl last season, but he hasn’t won a playoff game in his three years in the NFL. He is boycotting the Broncos’ offseason workouts. He has put his home in the Denver area up for sale.

If Cutler forces the issue the Broncos will have to get another quarterback. Quinn’s name is linked to McDaniels because McDaniels was on the Patriots staff when Charlie Weis was New England’s offensive coordinator.

Weis was made head coach at Notre Dame in 2005 and Quinn excelled under him. But Browns new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll was also on that staff in New England. Daboll was the receivers coach and worked directly under Weis, so he also knows the offense Quinn was comfortable using at Notre Dame. Daboll was the quarterbacks coach under Mangini with the Jets. When Mangini was hired to coach the Browns, Daboll was one of the first coaches he added to his staff.

“It’s funny, because people underestimate the fact Brian Daboll was under Coach Weis as well,” Quinn said. “You could say that for both coaches, I guess. It’s all rumors. It’s all part of the drama of being in the NFL.

“So far my rapport with Brian has been great, just going up and meeting with him and working with him. It’s been a lot of fun from my standpoint.”

Quinn has played in four games since the Browns drafted him in the first round in 2007. They traded the Cowboys their second round pick in 2007 and first-round pick in 2008 for the pick they used on him.

Quinn played only one series, in the final game, as a rookie. He was made the starter last year after Anderson was benched. He started three games. In the second one fractured the tip of his right index finger and tore a tendon in the finger when he banged it on the helmet of a Bills player. The injury was surgically repaired and no longer bothers him. He was 1-2 as a starter.

Link

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

“So far my rapport with Brian has been great, just going up and meeting with him and working with him. It’s been a lot of fun from my standpoint.”

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that if we trade one of our two QBs, it's not gonna be Quinn.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I will join you on the limb and say that IF we indeed do acquire Cutler that both Quinn and Anderson will be gone....

The Mammal
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I dont think it's a limb you guys are going out on, but a bridge, one big enough for everyone on this board ...

There are no sacred cows.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

I will join you on the limb and say that IF we indeed do acquire Cutler that both Quinn and Anderson will be gone....

That limb is on a completely different tree than the one I'm on. In fact, I'm not even sure that tree exists, except maybe in some Dr. Seuss book.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I wouldn't join him on that limb, it might break.

I would love to fulfill LAST year's wish and trade DA to get more picks. Though last year would have given us a better deal. Sign a vet to back up Quinn, and build with youth. This year's draft doesn't have a lot of high end talent IMO, but has a lot of solid potential in rounds 2 and 3.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I wouldn't join him on that limb, it might snap.

I would love to fulfill LAST year's wish and trade DA to get more picks. Though last year would have given us a better deal. Sign a vet to back up Quinn, and build with youth. This year's draft doesn't have a lot of high end talent IMO, but has a lot of solid potential in rounds 2 and 3.

Legend
Legend
LOL,, so good you had to post it twice I see..

Just kidding,, I know how that happens..

Does anyone actually expect that the Browns, given thier lack of communcations with the media and therefore the fans, would tell him if they were planning a trade?

My opinion, I don't think they would say a word...

Does anyone actually think the Browns will do something with one of our QB's before the Draft?

My Opinion, No,, nothing until draft day.

All guesses...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quinn is going to make a name for himself here in Cleveland... I know it.. I'm not worried about our QB situation at all...

I'm worried about who will be protecting him, who will be catching the ball from him, and who will he be pitching the ball too on the run...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

I'm worried about who will be protecting him, who will be catching the ball from him, and who will he be pitching the ball too on the run...

I am not worried about who will be protecting him. Hopefully we can move Rex Hadnot over to center and allow Tucker, Porkchop, and St. Clair fight to be the the RG/RT combo.

Also for at the TE position I'm not really worried either with Royal, Rucker, and Heiden, but at WR I am terrified for us. Our best target has a severe case of the dropsies and pretty much hates Cleveland, our 2nd best target is probably going to jail, and our 3rd best option probably shouldn't be in the league. We really need to sign someone IMO. We need a Holt or Harrison. If Crabtree is available at 5 I don't see how we can pass him up. If we could somehow manage to get Edwards, Holt/Harrison, and Crabtree I think our passing game would be fine. Then we could go with defense for our 2, 2nd rounders.

To be honest I think WR has become such a need for us if Curry and Crabtree are there I still think we pick Crabtree. If he is gone I think we will select Orakpo or Curry and probably take a WR in the 2nd round at 36.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'm mostly worried about who BQ will be throwing to. - Edwards cannot be counted on. JJ is gone, and Stalworth may be also. - We might be taking Maclin or Crabtree on draft day.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Does anyone actually think the Browns will do something with one of our QB's before the Draft?

I think that Denver and Cutler will kiss and makeup and no deal will be done for BQ and we'll enter the preseason with both of our QB's. After DA's showing last season what advantage the previous year we did have is gone and moving him won't be beneficial to us.

#GMSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

I think that Denver and Cutler will kiss and makeup and no deal will be done for BQ and we'll enter the preseason with both of our QB's. After DA's showing last season what advantage the previous year we did have is gone and moving him won't be beneficial to us.

i agree. i think the cutler stuff is gonna blow over...

never understood why mcdaniels and denver wanted to part with cutler, i know he's not the greatest qb in the league, but with his age, and his skills, and with the lack of qb production around the league, why would you do that?

i've said it a bunch of times, i think cassel is overvalued. i think he's a decent qb with some potential, but i don't think he's the answer for anyone.

i know cutler is a gunslinger, and a gambler, but the guy kept his team in the game almost every single week, with the horrid defense they play, the halfway decent o-line, and having to sign guys off the street to play running back, i was really impressed at how he kept that team going until the very last game.

he needs work, but he's got a chance to be top 5, maybe even top 3 in the league.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D- I think IF something happens, it is right before the draft, or draft day depending how things start to fall.

If a team hoping to land a QB gets trumped, the phone may start to ring.

I just hope we keep the right one. Quinn will probably give us the higher pick, but that leaves us with the guy they didn't want.....Time well tell.

Can't wait till the last weekend in April!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Around the NFL: Can a whiner be a winner?

By Steve Doerschuk
CantonRep.com staff writer
Posted Mar 22, 2009 @ 06:14 PM

It’s hardly a surprise that Jay Cutler is pouting. The stunner would be if he didn’t. Quarterbacks are the ego epicenter of the sports universe. The better ones are used to getting their way.

If they don’t, pity the head coaches in their way.

We wouldn’t say Cutler is one of the better ones. Yet, he throws such a pretty ball, its most ardent admirer being himself.

Think around among great quarterbacks. A few come to mind as regular guys with few pretensions. Working in Canton, I meet lots of Hall of Famers. Roger Staubach and Bart Starr would top my list in the regular-guy category.

“Broadway” Joe Namath and Brett Favre would not.

Think around at the relationships star quarterbacks land in.

One time Terry Bradshaw was in town, talking about an Ohio cattle investment he was pursuing. Of his then-wife, figure-skating star Jo Jo Starbuck, he said (and this is a pretty close paraphrase), “She’s quite a little heifer.”

Joe Montana did a shaving cream commercial with a stunning blond who became Mrs. Montana.

Tim Couch arrived in Cleveland with a bumptious beauty he met in a Kentucky mall, and left married to a Playmate of the Year.

Matt Leinart was romantically linked to Paris Hilton. Tom Brady chose among supermodels.

In Dallas, the show goes on whether the Cowboys win or lose, thanks to Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson.

The big story in Denver — and in towns where Denver’s quarterback might land — is Josh and Jay.

I know Josh McDaniels well enough to believe he is a well-grounded young man whose inexperience as a big boss is why he is in a public relations sling over Jay Cutler. I don’t know if he’ll be a good head coach of the Broncos. I’m certain he’ll be a solid guy.

I know enough of Jay Cutler to guess he needs to grow up to be any good to his next team, or to Denver if Pat Bowlen vetoes the best trade offer.

I’m pretty sure Cutler’s thin résumé and thinner skin need toughening up.

Suppose it’s a new team for Cutler. It’s a given half the guys on the defense will view him as the kid who cried a river in the Rockies. Offensive linemen will be more practical. They know that if Cutler does well, they’ll get paid better.

But it won’t be one of those deals where the whole team says, “This cat can play. Give him some space.”

Can that cat win? He was 7-9 as a second-year pro in 2007. With the season on the line in Game 14, he lost 31-13 at Houston, which a week later was carved up by a real quarterback at Indianapolis.

Most general managers might be OK taking a chance on Cutler, but wouldn’t want to trade a ton for him. To some, a one for one — Cutler for Brady Quinn — seems fair ... even though Cutler threw for 4,526 yards in 2008 ... even though Quinn has barely played and was a lower draft pick.

Even if Denver agreed to such a deal, half of Cleveland would be in an uproar over losing Quinn.

Another segment of observers consider a straight-up, Cutler-for-Quinn swap ridiculous. Cutler at least has big yardage stats. Quinn has no yards and supposedly half of Cutler’s arm.

Bowlen, the Denver owner, refers to Cutler as “our star quarterback..”

If Cutler was much of a star, would the Broncos have lost eight of their last 13 games in 2008, a stretch in which the kid threw almost as many interceptions (16) as touchdown passes (17)?

Sure, Denver’s defense was a wreck, but ...

Peyton Manning went 21-11 in his second and third seasons, long before there was a “D” in Indy?

Meanwhile, Cutler believes he has been disrespected and deceived. He wants out.

Fine, but ...

He’ll be seen as a whiner until he’s a winner.

Old and free

• Jeff Garcia, the 45th-ranked available player at the start of free agency according to Sporting News, is still out there. He is the highest-ranked unrestricted free agent who remains unspoken for. You wonder if he could make a difference for a team such as Washington.

• Other available “name” free agents come with an asterisk. Take your pick from among tackle Orlando Pace (injury woes), linebacker Derrick Brooks (going on 36), sack artist Jason Taylor (invisible in Washington in ’08), Matt Stover (41-year-old leg), wideout Amani Toomer (last 1,000-yard year was 2003) and defensive end La’Roi Glover (83 sacks from 1997-2007, 0.5 sacks for Rams in ’08).

WELLS WATCH

Opinions vary widely on Ohio State running back Beanie Wells. One concern is how much he can help an NFL team as a receiver.

In three seasons, Wells rushed for 3,496 yards but had a measly 84 receiving yards on 15 catches.

This and questions about Wells’ thirst for combat have prompted some skepticism.

Sporting News has its Beanie goggles on, seeing Wells as the second-best player in the entire draft.

NFL.com analyst Mike Mayock doesn’t even have Wells as the No. 2 running back, placing him behind Georgia’s Knowshon Moreno and Connecticut’s Donald Brown.

Ohio State Head Coach Jim Tressel calls Wells “a difference maker ... a special player.”

Something in Tressel’s tone says, “Trust me ... he’ll hit it big.”

EXTRA POINTS

• There’s plenty of buzz surrounding linebacker Clay Matthews, seen by some as a solid first-round pick after working his way up from walk-on to USC star. Sporting News is not convinced, ranking him at No. 48 overall.

• The Steelers had a strong presence at Ohio State’s Pro Day. Defensive Coordinator Dick Lebeau was among Pittsburgh types paying close attention.

• Plugged-in NFL.com analyst Pat Kirwan, a former Jets personnel executive, disagrees with the mainstream view that Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry is a cinch top-five draft pick. Kirwan sees Curry going ninth, to the Packers.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
I gotta say that while I want no part of Cutler here in Cleveland, to CONSTANTLY read how a QB's winning percentage proves or disproves that he's a legitimate QB is one of the DUMBEST and IDIOTIC ways to measure a QB's worth.

I'm always amazed at the stupidity of that line of thinking. What's even more ironic is how those same writers will turn around and praise the upside of someone like Quinn without any kind of body of work to judge him by.

I used to think Meteoroligists had the best gig in the world, as they could be wrong in their predictions and still get paid. I have to add media writers to that category as well, and wish I would have been smart enough to go that direction in college.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No more stupid than the comments that a QB who made the pro-bowl one year and threw for a X amount of yards/TD's makes him a winning QB..when he only did it one year and has a ton of question marks..

E
Legend
Legend
E
Agree that you can't judge by the W-L stat. I know for years I thought one of the best QBs ever to play the game was Dan Pastorini. Just played on a sucky team year after year - until he was old and beat up.

Cutler was the only O they had. We played them last year and that was pretty evident. But he does have more Jeff George in him than Dan Pastorini if you ask me.

Quinn...I think most of the praise is in his work ethic to date and the fact that he is considered to be pretty adept from his college experience to run the Weiss hybrid offenses of McDaniels and Daboll.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I used to think Meteoroligists had the best gig in the world, as they could be wrong in their predictions and still get paid. I have to add media writers to that category as well, and wish I would have been smart enough to go that direction in college.

Hey, I've read your stuff on here. You should give it a try..........

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

This is from the front page of yahoo sports (no actual story though)...

Breaking News
Denver plans to deal QB Cutler

The Broncos' owner says the team is shopping Jay Cutler after both sides couldn't end their feud.

Joe Thomas made Justin Timberlake change his name. He didn't want wusses to have the same initials...

Dawg Talker since 3/26/2005...
Legend
Legend
Bowlen: Broncos To Seek Trade For Jay Cutler

Denver Broncos President and CEO Pat Bowlen released a statement Tuesday saying they will accommodate quarterback Jay Cutler's request to be traded.

Over the past 10 days it appeared that Cutler and the Broncos had been communicating via text message, but the Broncos say they have been unable to reach Cutler and they don't believe he want to play in Denver, so they will actively explore their trading options.

"Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by Head Coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful," Bowlen said in the statement. "A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos. We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded."

It's not clear if the Broncos will try to seek another high-profile quarterback, or let Chris Simms take over the helm. Darrell Hackney is the only other quarterback on the roster.

"I don't think the Broncos wanted this to happen," CBS4 Broncos Insider Gary Miller said in a report by phone during CBS4 News at 6. "But it became increasingly clear to the Broncos that Jay Cutler didn't want to play for the Broncos anymore."

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler.trade.mcdaniels.2.972776.html

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cutler Miff Part Two

Link Copied to Clipboard