Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This rule has disaster written all over it.. I'm waiting to see some flags being tossed on this because a qb merely trips over a down DE. And why limit it to only QB's? Can't a RB or WR get hurt in the same fashion? Or a CB returning an Interception? Making up rules that are specified directly at QBs is poor judgement.. And we all know why it was made... Because of Tom Brady.. If this happened with Andrew Walter in the first game of the season, we wouldn't see this rule..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
B
Legend
Legend
B
No problem. I didn't think to look in the replay thread when I first put it up, then saw it mentioned here sometime later in the day.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
All Pro
All Pro
Yeah, they are gonna keep messing with the rules until it's a "Lil Susie Squat to Pee" game......These guys make millions of dollars...well most of them...to play a game for a few years....I mean, C'MON....let them play for crying out loud. Like someone said earlier, they have already pretty much taken the point of "rattling" a QB out of the game.....they are working on letting WR's run freely across the middle of the field.....I don't like it one bit...... .....

[Linked Image]
"Winning is not a some time thing, it's an all the time thing" ....-Lombardi-
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
The team owners and NFL management are making a mockery out of the game that used to known as "football", IMO.

It seems that everytime one of the high dollar guys on offense gets hurt, the NFL proposes another rule designed to turn tackle football into "two hand tap" football for a choice few, the QBs.

QBs are not allowed to be tackled below the knee or above the shoulders and if your blocked to the ground, your not allowed to lung at the QBs ankles in an attempt to bring him to the ground.

IMO, they are going too far with this "don't hurt my Brady (QB)" agenda...they are over-regulating the game by responding to every star's injury with a new rule to protect them from injury.

If a QB is rolling out running away from a defender, does this mean the defender cannot lung in an attempt to bring the QB down from behind by tackling him around the ankles?

The NFL could make QBs wear hunter orange knee socks and a hunter orange helmet to highlight the areas that are not allowed to be touched by the defenses.

Why not make it mandatory for QBs to wear knee braces, to protect their knees from injury?

CONCERNING HELMET TO HELMET CONTACT...

Here's an idea related to the head injuries caused by helmet to helmet contact?....Change the material that helmets are made of.

Football helmets are still made with an outer shell of rock hard material that does not absorb any of the impact in helmet to helmet collisions. The NFL might try making helmets with a softer outer shell to absorb the impact of helmet to helmet contact. Another idea might be to place a shock absorbing material between a hard outer shell and inner shell to dissipate the shock of helmet to helmet contact.

Instead of changing the game with new rules, change the protective gear to better protect the players from serious injuries...Better knee braces and helmets are needed...jmho

Refs...You removed this post when you merged the threads...I expanded upon my first post with further discussion on solutions to reduce injuries instead of rules to reduce injuries.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Wont be long until they put flags on the QB's belts.....mark my word it will get to the point where instead of being able to tackle the QB pulling his flag will mean a sack and then we'll have to adjust replay to include did the defender pull his flag before the QB got the pass off....It will happen people

and when it does my watching football is over...

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Is Shaffer still in the league? Maybe they should consider a rule that makes it illegal for an OL to get beat so bad he falls back into his own defenseless QB.

N
Legend
Legend
N
chicago signed Shaffer to replace St.Clair.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Rules Committee proposes replay change

Link Copied to Clipboard