Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If any CEO walked into a boardroom and said 'forget prices and costs for a minute, we're going to focus on the best quality product', they'd be packing up their desk by lunch.

The name of the game is maximizing profits in the short term. Period. That's how our economy works. That isn't what our economy has come to, or how it's lost it's way...that, by design, is the American economy. That's how it's supposed to work...

Depends on what you're talking about but in general.. yes. The problem is that technology has made so many things "disposable".. I can buy a DVD player for $50 or I can buy one for $200. I watch movies for entertainment, if it plays the movie, I'm happy. I don't need features or really care about the "quality".. if it plays the movie, great. So if the $50 DVD player is going to last me 2 years before it breaks down and the $200 DVD player is going to be obsolete in 3 years any way, why should I spend the money? I'll buy the $50 DVD player and if it breaks after a year, I'll buy another one.

We could go down the list, clothes, furniture, cars, homes, etc... sometimes you can get away with charging a little more for better quality, but in many cases, you can't.

yebat' Putin
F
Legend
Legend
F
And thanks to outlet mall's, items that don't pass the high quality standard can be send to the outlets and sold for $5 less than the regular good quality item.

Even your defective merchandise can be sold

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just came back from a show in Chicago ( Womens Moda ) .. The only items buyers where " BUYING " where Italian or European Name Brands made in China .. Quality had nothing to do with there decisions .. They all wanted to stop , touch , and praise offerings , but where not buying quality leather this season ! ...

PS: The weather Sucked , big time !

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
"If any CEO walked into a boardroom and said 'forget prices and costs for a minute, we're going to focus on the best quality product', they'd be packing up their desk by lunch."

And pretty much why I'd like to see the blank hit the fan regarding corporate America and Manufacturing. I'd like to see an entirely new system evolve where you will have - Engineers, Chemists and Blue Collar workers pulling together what works. And a few White collar workers who get it! Hey there is no disaster in letting a failed system fall and rot...why should the government try to SAVE that inept structure with temporary relief at the expense of the tax payers? As long as the government instead utilizes what ever tax payers money to start up new and viable entities!

Hey we are talking about a 3.5 Trillion budget here... this from politicians promising us NEW! n IMPROVED! and all they do is suck money into a rotting corpse.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I know China has a strong relationship with Italy...In my industry with FIAT. It is possible to get quality from China if you pay just a tad more than what others are seeking in return of product cost. Actually a lot of the manufacturers I seek to do business with are the ones who are Original Equipment Manufacturers of Fiat. I know they have the technology to make good product. Also almost ALL have approached the American Market and were turned down because their product was too high in cost as opposed to the Cheap Crapola and they refused to come down in quality.

So the fact that Name brand from China is the biggest seller sort of signifies quality is in demand. Cause I'm sure that product had to go under that name brand standards of QC Quality Control.

But I understand you perception of the "BUYERS" not looking for quality...which is exactly what is wrong. And exactly my point.

HERE IS my point btw...Let them go for crap...I see that in my industry also. The bigger the guys. The more they are heading for crapola.

So what you have there is a Big void for a small person...heck you can't get smaller than me. And I have done NO GROWTH what so ever since my heart attack in 99. But I still exist...people still want my product because of Quality. I'm trying for the first time to full fill my dream. After 10 years my business plan is pretty much still intact. The void is till there if anything its gotten wider!

Its the End user that will determine. So what do I do...go right to the source. Seek out the most Expensive made brake product in Canada. Who only makes for Manufacturers mostly Calif., Canada or overseas. Cause those in the US will not pay that much for product. I put it in my Brand and sell it as my product. And I control the Quality. I was told by everyone no way, can't do. But I found out that all the obstacles they presented I was able to bypass because of Quality. And what little I established in 98 my first year...I still have as customers.

In your case with Leather...make you own brand and let it grow within the industry to be synonymous with Quality. Try to bridge the gap and go Catalog or Ebay or Web Site. Anything to give you good profit and get your product out there.

One thing I have learned...you will never be the CHEAPEST PRICE...so the idiots that try to command that maket will eventually fail. Basically that the US Industry right now led by the White Collar workers.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

"If any CEO walked into a boardroom and said 'forget prices and costs for a minute, we're going to focus on the best quality product', they'd be packing up their desk by lunch."

And pretty much why I'd like to see the blank hit the fan regarding corporate America and Manufacturing.

I think if you took an expansive and comprehensive polling of American citizens, you would overwhelmingly find that everyone is in agreement with you.

However, the people of America do not make the decisions...the aforementioned multinational corporations do...follow the paper trail...Geither was 'THE guy' to save us. He was the only guy who could do it.

Why? Because those in power knew he would bend over to them. He would do what it took to get their shell game back on track. JMHO.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Are we Devalueing our Country?

Link Copied to Clipboard