Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

Roethlisberger is scheduled to play golf Friday in an event at Bethpage Black in Farmingdale, N.Y., the site of this month's U.S. Open.

No one will be playing the Black Course today. Sorry, Ben.

Thomas - The Tank Engine
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
last time he hit his head he totaled a truck

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Quote:

That's really sad... Look, I really hate the Browns,Ravens and Patriots but I would never root for injuries to players on any of these teams. I realize we are only fans, but cheering for injuries just isn't right. (ducking out of the way from the expected flames)

Skate for Steeler fan your cool, Christy and Hack included. There's the sugar.
But...you don't get it. You've been on the winning side too long.
The Browns organization has been disfuctional since Modell blew town in the bronze age.
When we root for injuries we're rootin for the football gods to finally grant us what competent mangement should have. We really don't want anybody hurt. We really just want a win as lucky/pathetic as it may be.
Browns /Steelers use to be one of the best rivalries in the NFL. Thanks to Lerner ownership not anymore.
To continue the thought I've been anxiously waiting for the off season "uniform change thread" so I could advance my idea.I can't contain myself any longer..... great ideas will out.. so just cuz you're cool, I'll let you in on my Browns uni proposal..... Ready? ... Here it is ... In honor of the Lerner ownership the Browns should have a big brown L on the forehead of the helmet. Not only that, Browns fans could emulate the Texas hook en horns jesture by simulating an L on our foreheads when we're going 3 and out or when opponents are running/ passing all over us.Not to mention the hiring /firing of coaches. Ready? I can see it now, all Browns fans salute.
Meh, on second thought there's already a more traditional finger salute to this management. Why mess with tradition?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Wow.

That sums it up

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Steeler
Steeler
Amazing that a non-story such as this produced 2 pages of posts.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Moe: calm down a little.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Amazing that a non-story such as this produced 2 pages of posts.

Well,...it IS June. As far as being a non-story,...you really have no more proof to that than the people who feel otherwise. For a guy who's suffered unmerciful beatings over the last several seasons, I might be a little concerned that he's not 100% in June,......if of course,.....I was a Steeler fan.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you were a Steeler fan then things like percentages and the calendar would confuse you

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

If you were a Steeler fan then things like percentages and the calendar would confuse you

......and that would only be the tip of the iceburg.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Well,...it IS June. As far as being a non-story,...you really have no more proof to that than the people who feel otherwise.

He walked off the field after the "injury" and practiced the next day...it's not like his lower leg was dangling from his knee barely attached by a partial tendon....

O
Legend
Legend
O
My understanding was that he was facing amputation...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

My understanding was that he was facing amputation...

I'm sure if that were the case, he would become the best quarterback ever with a prosthetic.

Not sure how a guy can do a face plant into another car off a motorcycle wearing no helmet and still lead his team to the Super Bowl. The only logical conclusion is that the football Gods just enjoy laughing at Cleveland too much. I'm glad his career wasn't over and I'm glad he walked away and was able to go on with his life as he knew it ... I would never wish ill will on anyone ... but it just seems like if that were a Cleveland Brown ... either career over or just not the same anymore. His accident was pretty serious.

If the guy practiced the next day ... then this definitely falls under the category of "move along ... there's nothing to see here ..." ...

Legend
Legend
gangrene?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If the guy practiced the next day ... then this definitely falls under the category of "move along ... there's nothing to see here ..." ...

The NFL should go back to those old commercials like the one Tim Couch was in with the kids on the playground.

This one will be "Ben Roethlisberger........Drama queen."

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Quote:

Well,...it IS June. As far as being a non-story,...you really have no more proof to that than the people who feel otherwise.

He walked off the field after the "injury" and practiced the next day...it's not like his lower leg was dangling from his knee barely attached by a partial tendon....

Thanks Shep for the Big Ben clean bill of health report.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Steelers QB Roethlisberger limps off practice field with knee issue

Link Copied to Clipboard