Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#454957 01/12/10 02:29 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,089
C
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,089
So I was going to do a post giving dawgtalkers a view of what the latest mocks are tabbing us for and I noticed a peculiar trend.

Jevan Snead in the third round.

I can;t say I know alot about him so I figured I'd put this to you bunch.... Your thoughts on Snead in the third?

PS- Majority of mocks have us going Haden in the first.

CanadaDawg #454958 01/12/10 02:42 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=183449

Impressive stats... how big are his hands Sorry, couldn't resist...


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
CanadaDawg #454959 01/12/10 02:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
Impressive stats for one year only though.

I wouldn't mind if we took a chance on a later round QB with one of our eleven picks. I just hope it's not Jeven Snead. He had 20 INT's this past season and a 54.4% completion rate.

If we were to take a QB in the mid-rounds I would want Dan LeFevour or Sean Canfield.

CanadaDawg #454960 01/12/10 02:49 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,044
D
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
D
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,044
i don't watch much college and no knowing about snead but i will say this, our qb gurus on this board say that a qb needs to have a great td to int ratio and a career completion over 60% to be successful in the nfl. those are the only indicators as to how good a qb could be in the nfl. with his numbers, we don't even need to watch him to know he'll be a bust.


CanadaDawg #454961 01/12/10 03:06 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,850
N
Legend
Offline
Legend
N
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,850
for mocks giving us Haden. He's 3rd on my wishlist after Suh and Berry (who will likely both be gone)


#gmstrong
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,853
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,853
Quote:

for mocks giving us Haden. He's
3rd on my wishlist after Suh and Berry (who will likely both be gone)




My vote is for McClain w/ Berry and Suh gone.

As far as Snead.. I wouldn't touch him even on NCAA 2010 on PS3.. He is a subpar QB who had one good year in college. No Thanks.


[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
CanadaDawg #454963 01/12/10 04:35 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,563
T
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,563
Snead is horrifically inaccurate and has a strong arm.

He's Derek Anderson pt II.


you had a good run Hank.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,234
B
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,234
Quote:

Quote:

for mocks giving us Haden. He's
3rd on my wishlist after Suh and Berry (who will likely both be gone)




My vote is for McClain w/ Berry and Suh gone.

As far as Snead.. I wouldn't touch him even on NCAA 2010 on PS3.. He is a subpar QB who had one good year in college. No Thanks.




At this point, I'd be equally happy to land Haden or McClain. If we somehow landed Suh or Berry, I'd be doing backflips.

Ugggh, I keep thinking there's a chance we MIGHT take a QB somewhere beyond the first round. I'd be shocked if it turned out to be Snead.

CanadaDawg #454965 01/12/10 05:38 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358
noooooooooo thaaaaaaaaanks.

He came into the year as a potential top prospect and had serious accuracy issues, as several here have noted. I tried watching him a couple times, but couldn't. I'd hate for that to be the case ina Browns uni.

CanadaDawg #454966 01/13/10 04:23 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
O
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
O
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
Had the misfortune of watching Snead several times this year.

He looks like a QB until he drops back, then he doesn't.

Poor decisions, poor accuracy, slow football mind.

Good measurables.

He's an idiot for coming out, and he'll be lucky to go in the 4th round. He could go as late as the 6th or 7th.


***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
clevesteve #454967 01/13/10 04:26 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,358
Just to clarify, by "couldn't" I mean along the lines of "couldn't stomach it and changed the channel," not "outside circumstances prevented me."

CanadaDawg #454968 01/13/10 04:30 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,227
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,227
Snead is an idiot for coming out. Great size and tools but the guy is a mechanical mess. No one is going to take a risk in the higher rounds on a guy like him. He should've gone back to school and worked his issues out. Instead, he's trying to capitalize on this crappy QB class, but it's going to backfire unless he lights it up in workouts.


We're... we're good?
OverToad #454969 01/13/10 06:15 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,030
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,030
Agreed. I live in MS, and have watched this kid play alot over the last 2 years............think Derrick Anderson. He has NFL arm strength and mesurables, and that is about it.


Whoever drafting him is wasting a pick..........even in the later rounds.


Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
cfrs15 #454970 01/13/10 06:20 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,030
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,030
Quote:

If we were to take a QB in the mid-rounds I would want Dan LeFevour or Sean Canfield.





At this point LeFevour is going to have a hard time getting drafted without a strong combine. Scouts question his arm strength, mechanics, and the footwork. No need to waste a mid round pick on someone who you could have in the 7th or for free via RFA.


Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Spectre #454971 01/13/10 06:25 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 788
D
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 788
I am in Mississippi and i have wattched more of Sneed than prolly everyone on this board. With that said.......Sorry but the one reason Sneed has the attention he got last year and why he EVER was given props is because of his mechanics. His mechanics is near perfect.
Its what he does with the ball is why he struggles. His Decision making is HORRIBLE.
His footwork , accuracy and arm strength are phenomenal. Everything looks like a all pro........ till he makes the throw.
Its always late or thrown to the wrong read. His mental aspect of the game is in shambles at this time.

Whats so weird is...last year he looked like a top 3 qb...and was rated as such going into this year.

It all went south in a hurry!!!! For what reason is hard to pin point.

From what he is being told is several teams like his positives and feel like they can correct where he struggles. From what i have been told......He was given a grade by the NFL and felt like his best chance would be this year.

Right or wrong.....dunno.

Forgot about you BigWillie!!!


You dont have to win every game just the next one!
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,227
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,227
Quote:

I am in Mississippi and i have wattched more of Sneed than prolly everyone on this board. With that said.......Sorry but the one reason Sneed has the attention he got last year and why he EVER was given props is because of his mechanics. His mechanics is near perfect.
Its what he does with the ball is why he struggles. His Decision making is HORRIBLE.
His footwork , accuracy and arm strength are phenomenal. Everything looks like a all pro........ till he makes the throw.
Its always late or thrown to the wrong read. His mental aspect of the game is in shambles at this time.

Whats so weird is...last year he looked like a top 3 qb...and was rated as such going into this year.

It all went south in a hurry!!!! For what reason is hard to pin point.

From what he is being told is several teams like his positives and feel like they can correct where he struggles. From what i have been told......He was given a grade by the NFL and felt like his best chance would be this year.

Right or wrong.....dunno.

Forgot about you BigWillie!!!




I don't know what Snead you've watched this year, but his mechanics are nowhere close to perfect right now. Maybe in the past Snead was that kind of quarterback (he was at one point talked about as a potential #1 pick) but in the few games I watched to get a better idea of him as a prospect (Memphis and South Carolina stick out), his mechanics looked terrible and he was horribly inaccurate. I actually stopped watching his games because I decided I wanted nothing to do with him as a potential QB for us.

I agree with you that it's probably a mental thing, and that he has the tools to succeed, but that's just it... if you have a QB who has all the ability in the world but doesn't have the mind to put it together on a consistent basis, you don't have a QB at all. That's what is going to scare teams to death about Snead... that he has all this ability but that he lets his mind ruin it.

The 3rd round is Snead's peak unless he can show people that he's past this season. He's in danger of falling further than that though if what people saw this season is what Snead is and with people advising him to declare after a season as terrible as this one, which Snead does that tell you is the real version?


We're... we're good?
Spectre #454973 01/13/10 07:10 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 788
D
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 788
I didn't say i wanted him. Matter of fact i dont care for him even in the 7th.

But the 2 games you watched might have been a few of the games he struggled mightily in but i am sorry....even in the games he suffered in...his mechanics were solid. If you are refering to his inaccuracy.....its more because he is getting the ball out late and or throwing with little confidence.

If he ever gets is confidence (might have has alot to do with the receivers not sure) and starts getting the ball out on time you will see he actually is accurate.

I have seen close to 20 games....yes all were not perfect. NO BODY at the college level ever is. Not many in the pros are.

I still dont like him....just trying to get out the truth.


You dont have to win every game just the next one!
CanadaDawg #454974 01/13/10 07:14 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,649
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,649
I'd take Tebow before any other SEC quarterback.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,030
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,030
Sorry bud, but I live here too, and Snead's accuracy is crap.........especially if you make him move his feet (aka D.A). I agree his mechanics are actually pretty good, but his footwork is CRAP, and his accuracy is crap because of it.

I want nothing to do with Snead on draft day.


Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 788
D
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 788
He didn't lose it from last year. He was deadly accurate last year. What happened? I dont know...that the mystery.
Footwork? Looks good till he bails the pocket...again for what ever reason that has him regressing this year which makes the ball come out late and to the wrong guy.
It makes him look like he is inaccurate but its more deep than that Willie.

Good to hear from ya.


You dont have to win every game just the next one!
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,044
D
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
D
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,044
j/c

Quote:

ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Ole Miss QB Jevan Snead's "best case scenario" would be getting drafted in the fourth round.

ESPN's Todd McShay agreed, citing Snead's questionable decision to declare for the draft early "without any momentum." Snead, who couldn't beat out Colt McCoy at Texas before transferring to play with the Rebels, was wildly inconsistent as a junior. He's no more than a long-term project at this level.




http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5695

dong #454978 01/15/10 04:18 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
O
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
O
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
I have two problems with that, Dong.

1) Kiper plagiarized me, based on the fact I made my comments about Snead being lucky if he'd go in the 4th, and

2) Since Kiper and I are in agreement, it means I'm clearly wrong


***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
OverToad #454979 01/15/10 05:08 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,044
D
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
D
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,044
i have no problem with either of those points

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Jevan Snead

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5