Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Well, let's just be glad that other bodily functions have not yet been spoken for. Frankly, that visual would likely send me over the edge.

Que Andy Samberg.

"The Browns picked Eric Berry at 7 and I ...... .. .. ....."

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Top 7 Picks:
St. Louis: SAM BRADFORD
The Closer and Closer we get to the draft the better Bradford looks. With the investments in Carriker (sp) and Long I don't know how they can justify passing on Bradford for another defensive lineman especially with the way their QB situation played out..I mean by the end of the year they were using Kyle freaking Boller as their starting QB.

Detriot Lions: NDAMUKONG SUH
Well the Lions are giddy that the Rams passed on Suh. They have a young QB and could use an offensive lineman but I think Suh was so dominant that its hard for any team to pass on him. With Schwartz's background on the defensive side of the ball I think it is too hard for him to pass up Suh.

Tampa Bay Buccs: GERALD MCCOY
I think McCoy has better penetration than Suh but Suh is a better run stuffer. I honestly think the Buccs would be happy with either. The bucs were their best when they had a dominant defense lead by Warren Sapp. The Bucs hope McCoy can be their new verision of Sapp.

Washington Redskins: RUSSELL OKUNG
I agree with toad that given enough tools Campbell could be a good QB. However, if you watched a Redskin game last year you saw how terrible their line blocked. Campbell is in danger of developing the David Carr syndrome if the Redskins do not address their pass blocking. Shanahan always seemed to have a good line in Denver and uses his first pick to start building one in washington.

Kansas City Chiefs: BRYAN BULAGA
Pioli made a big investment in Matt Cassel and needs to make his large investment look good. Bulaga is a smart, tough football player as are most Hawkeyes. It's known that Pioli and Kirk F. are friends and I'm sure Kirk F. will give Pioli the lowdown on Bulaga.

Seattle Seahawks: Jimmy Clausen
With the age of Hasselback and a new coach it seems like the Seahawks will be drafting a QB. I don't think Carrol would have a problem with a egotistical QB as lot of his USC players were also. Carrol also scouted and schemed for him 3 years and would most likely be familiar with him. How ironic a USC coach, coaching a ND QB.

Cleveland Browns: ERIC Berry
Honestly I would prefer Sam Bradford. I would even trade up for Sam Bradford (Maybe 1 or both of our 3rd draft picks)Sam Bradford is the perfect WCO QB. If you would draw up a prototype WCO QB Sam Bradford would be it. Our offense needs a QB and it's too bad Bradford most likely won't be available.

With that said Eric Berry is one heck of a consolation prize.Eric Berry has a chance to become our version of Ed Reed and let us begin building a good defense.

After that I could care less:
2nd round I hope we draft a pass rusher or a RT.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I've been hearing that Detroit is going to take Okung. - They are trying to take better care of Stafford.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I highly doubt it. He would be a huge reach with McCoy/Suh on the board. If they wanted to protect Stafford so much, they would have taken Oher instead of Pettigrew last year. Where did you hear that?

Legend
Legend
I've heard those reports as well on NFL Network... that they are inching towards getting a "great" LT, and THEN draft other positions..

As some say.. it's hard to pass up on franchise QB's and franchise LT's. They have one, and now need the other.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

I've been hearing that Detroit is going to take Okung. - They are trying to take better care of Stafford.

If that happens there is a slight chance that McCoy could slip to us
Rams Bradford
Lions Okung
Buccs Suh
Redskin Bugala/ Davis/Bruce Campbell
Chiefs Eric Berry
Seahawks Clausen
Browns McCoy or Haden

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
the chiefs or seahawks would take him. most likely the chiefs.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I've been hearing that Detroit is going to take Okung. - They are trying to take better care of Stafford

A month away from the draft and you believe that?
They will say anything to either sell the pick or fool someone ..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I've been hearing that Detroit is going to take Okung. - They are trying to take better care of Stafford

A month away from the draft and you believe that?
They will say anything to either sell the pick or fool someone ..

or draft another WR

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:

or draft another WR

Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Calvin Johnson. - At least one of 'em worked out.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I'd say two worked out as they got a major haul for Roy Williams (they got first, third, and sixth round picks for him).

Legend
Legend
The Browns have been awarded 2 compensatory picks according to this listing.

http://nfl.draftsite.com/

Taking into account the Corey Williams trade, the Browns picks look like this.

Rd. Overall Acquired from

1 7 Our Pick
2 38 Our Pick
3 72 Our Pick
3 93 Jets (Braylon)
4 106 Our Pick
5 136 Tampa (Winslow)
5 139 Our Pick
5 148 Denver thru Detroit ( Williams)
5 162 Jets (Braylon)
6 180 Our Pick
6 189 Carolina (L Leonard)
6 205 Compensatory
7 218 Our Pick Traded Away with C Williams
7 247 Compensatory

Legend
Legend
So basically, we have 13 picks in this draft.. wow..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
U
All Pro
All Pro
U
Compensatory picks haven't been announced yet. That site is just guessing. Compensatory picks are announced at the annual meeting, which is March 21-24 this year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Comp. picks haven't been announced yet.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think that site is projecting that we will get two compensatory picks.

Legend
Legend
And let's not forget that you can't trade compensatory picks. Not that we don't have enough other picks to trade around.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think that site is projecting that we will get two compensatory picks.

Crap you're all right

C
Legend
Legend
C
Right, we can't trade the compensatory picks. But we can trade the picks we do have if we are awarded some.

The only player I can see us getting one for is Andra Davis. Sean Jones didn't start enough games.

Here's how Wikipedia explains compensatory picks...

Quote:

In addition to the 32 picks in each round, there are a total of 32 picks awarded at the ends of Rounds 3 through 7. These picks, known as "compensatory picks," are awarded to teams that have lost more qualifying free agents than they gained the previous year in free agency. Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick.

If fewer than 32 such picks are awarded, the remaining picks are awarded in the order in which teams would pick in a hypothetical eighth round of the draft (These are known as "supplemental compensatory selections").

Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March; typically, about three or four weeks before the draft.

1st String
1st String
ok here is my version 1 i will update in 2 weeks as more trades and signings might happen but this is as of trades as of today 3-9 I believe we will have two comp picks but they arent awarded yet do I wont pick them till they are......

first name is who I think we will pick second name is my back up here we go

1) ERIC BERRY,S,TENNESSEE------ JOE HADEN,CB,FLA
2)TIM TEBOW,QB,FLORIDA----BRANDON SPIKES,ILB,FLORIDA
3)SERGIO KINDLE,DE,TEXAS----JOHN ASAMOAH,OG,ILLINOIS
3)TOBY GERHART,RB,STANFORD----JORDAN SHIPLEY,WR,TEXAS
4)GENO ATKINS,DT,GEORGIA----PARRISH COX,CB,OKLAHOMA STATE
5)O'BRIEN SCHOFEILD,DT,WISC----VAN ESKRIDGE,S,EAST CAROLINA
5)BEN TATE,RB,AUBRUN----CARLTON MITCHEL,WR,SOUTH FLA
5)CRIS SCOTT,OT,TENNESSEE----BRIAN JACKSON,CB,OAKLAHOMA
5)ROD MUCKELROY,OLB,TEXAS----NATE COLLINS,DT,VIRGINA
6)ANTIONIO BROWN,WR,CENTRAL MICH---- ED ...,OT,VIRG TECH
6)JOHN FLETCHER,DT,WYOMING----CAM THOMAS,DT,NORTH CAROLINA

THERE YOU GO VERSION 1

I am the artist that was known as Dawgmanincincy
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Tebow and Gerhart?!?!...Sorry I just threw up a little in my mouth.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Don't know if you knwo this or not, but O'Brien Schofield tore his ACL during Senior Bowl practice.

Even with that, I wouldn't mind if we took a late round flier on him as he will be ready to go at full strength in 2011.

1st String
1st String
NO i didn;t know that ok take out obrien and put in eric olsen,oc,notre dame

1st String
1st String
why they were both heisman trophy finalists this year both have winning records and both have awards what makes them so bad??

N
Legend
Legend
N
J/C

Updating my mock based on recent movements giving more players I like at our spots.

I only take players that are available at our spots based on: http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

1 – Eric Berry, S, Tenn (alternate: Joe Haden, CB Florida)
2 – Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake (alternate: Nate Allen, FS USF)
3a – Colt McCoy, QB, Tx (alternate: Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas State) –
3b – Anthony Dixon, RB, Miss State (alternate: Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan)
4 – Mike Johnson, OG, Bama (alternate: Jason Fox, OT Miami)

Rounds 5-7 not mocked yet here.

Reasoning:

1 - If Berry is available, he has too much value to think of anyone else.

2 - There are very good CBs and Ss available to us in the first 2 rounds. I think we grab the BPA of each in them.

3a - I am not a huge Colt supporter in the NFL, but he has too much value in the 3rd round to pass up. He's bigger than most give him credit for and he is very accurate.

3b - tough choice between Gerhart and Dixon here. Both are the bruising RB we need. Flip a coin.

4 - we need RT more than RG, but Mike Johnson is so much better than Fox that I couldn't pass him up. I doubt he is still there in the 4th, but abiding by my ruleset, he is there.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Did the Pashos signing factor into your draft?

People are saying he would be "average" RT or even RG.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Did the Pashos signing factor into your draft?

yes, in that I didn't really consider drafting more than 1 OL in those rounds.

i'd rather draft a RT, but Mike Johnson is so good that there's no way I pass him up in the 4th round.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If he's that good, how's he going to last until Four ?

N
Legend
Legend
N
he won't (he won't likely at least)

walter football is usually better than that, but i've always used them as my baseline and i'm too stubborn to find a different one.

that's part of the reason I put in the 'alternate'. With Fox's injury history, he could last to the 4th round.

#gmstrong
U
All Pro
All Pro
U
Plus he is a guard. Guards usually slide.

N
Legend
Legend
N
that is true. i think he's the 2nd best OG though, which is why I doubt he lasts to round4.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
He also might slide becaus eof his measurables.

He has short arms, he runs slow and he didn't have a very good broad jump which mean he probably doesn't have alot of explosion out of his stance but that can be worked on.

But all of that means absolutely nothing when you pop the tape in. The kid can flat out play. I've been pimping him for a while now and on my mock I did before the combine I had us taking him in the third. Theres a possibility he could be had in the 4th with his poor showing at the combine.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Pouncey, John Jerry and Iupati would all have to be ranked above him right? Or is Pouncey strictly considered a center?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Definitely. I'd also add in Rodger Saffold.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Pouncey, John Jerry and Iupati would all have to be ranked above him right? Or is Pouncey strictly considered a center?

playing against the same teams this year, i thought mike did better than jerry (and petrus from arkansas).

i thought pouncey was being heralded strictly as a OC. that would be a tough call, but I think his value at center makes a team draft him there.

Deep, I've seen most scouting reports say that Saffold has LT potential. So, I was not considering him. I think I'd still lean Mike Johnson though it's tough to project the position switch for me.

another not mentioned I have seen higher on some boards is Asamoah from Illinois. but, he couldn't even make 1st team Big10 and it's not like Illinois had an overpowering running game with him (though I've only seen Illini twice last year and didn't focus on him so I can't be sure).

--------------------

anyways, thanks to all for the hope that maybe I was being pessimistic with Mike Johnson falling that far. i would be very, very happy if we drafted him in the 4th round. the guy can play.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yep,...most good centers could make the switch to guard. The converse wouldn't be so acceptable, methinks.

Let's just assume you took Pouncey (whatever one of the two it is,...?) who can play center and made him that RG,....there you have not only filled that gaping hole, but backed up your future All-Pro in Mack. AND restituted in losing Hank with a much younger, capable player.

This would not be a "terrible" move. And you guys all know how I feel about gettig this OLine up to snuff.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

2010 NFL Mock Draft, Version 8.0 11th March, 2010 - 11:57 am Jeff Risdon/RealGM -
Round 1

1. St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma.

Just thinking out loud here...Either the Rams decide he’s the franchise QB they need and take him, or else the Redskins like Bradford enough and are nervous enough that STL will take him that they deal up to get him. Would #4 overall, Jason Campbell, and a 2nd next year get it done?

2. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska.

I get a different answer every day as to which DT the Lions prefer--McCoy or Suh. There is an emerging school of thought that the team would like to slide back a few spots and take an offensive tackle, but I’m not buying it. Yet.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma.

Easiest pick in the draft to forecast: it’s either Suh or McCoy, whichever doesn’t go at #2. If they’re both somehow gone, it’s Eric Berry time.

4. Washington Redskins: Russell Okung, T, Oklahoma State.

I get the sense they’re not enamored enough with Jimmy Clausen to take him here, certainly not when they have no idea who will be playing at either tackle spot. Okung would have been the 5th-best tackle last year, but he’s the best in this lower-ceiling-but-much-deeper tackle class.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Berry, S/CB, Tennessee.

They need playmakers all over the field, and Berry is a dynamic secondary presence with versatility and a flair for the dramatic. He will sit atop some teams’ overall draft boards.

6. Seattle Seahawks: C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson.

New coach Pete Carroll gets his answer for Reggie Bush, only Spiller has shown he’s more consistently tough between the tackles. His speed and playmaking potential are simply too good for him to fall, and the Seahawks need a big infusion of both on their offense.

7. Cleveland Browns: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame.

Thinking out loud, part two...In trading for Seneca Wallace, new GM Mike Holmgren brought in a veteran mentor that can teach his offense to a rookie QB, and Clausen comes from a pro-style offense and has the rhythm and touch that are requisites. Brady Quinn still has some trade value and potential, but he’s clearly not the choice of Holmgren or coach Mangini, and Clausen helps close the door on the Phil Savage era. Or they trade for Troy Smith and take Joe Haden here...

39. Cleveland Browns: Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma
72. Cleveland Browns: Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
103. Cleveland Browns: Chris Cook, CB/S, Virginia

web page

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't know about those other three picks, but if we got Greshem with the 72nd pick I would be extremely excited.

But I think there is a 0% chance of that happening.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Agreed, but thought that it was interesting. Esp considering its coming from realgm.com.

M
1st String
1st String
M
Quote:

7. Cleveland Browns: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame.

Thinking out loud, part two...In trading for Seneca Wallace, new GM Mike Holmgren brought in a veteran mentor that can teach his offense to a rookie QB, and Clausen comes from a pro-style offense and has the rhythm and touch that are requisites. Brady Quinn still has some trade value and potential, but he’s clearly not the choice of Holmgren or coach Mangini, and Clausen helps close the door on the Phil Savage era. Or they trade for Troy Smith and take Joe Haden here...

39. Cleveland Browns: Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma
72. Cleveland Browns: Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
103. Cleveland Browns: Chris Cook, CB/S, Virginia

Very unimpressed with this draft......But Gresham at 72 would be robbery, that guy can play.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Your (and My) Mock Drafts

Link Copied to Clipboard