Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Holmgren criticized Tebow's delivery after the combine.- Which discouraged teams from drafting Tebow.

Holmgren traded away both our QB's and brought in two veterans.

Holmgren went down to Florida with Mangini. Mangini was there to scout defensive players, and Holmgren was there to scout offensive players, namely Tebow in my opinion.

For reasons listed, I'm starting to get the feeling that the Browns are going to either trade pick #7 for a later first round pick (20-30) and they are going to use this pick on Tebow. Or, the Browns are going to take bpa at pick 7, and then will trade back into the first round and draft Tebow.

If Tebow is on the board when we pick in the second round, we will take him.

- I see too much Holmgren/Tebow interest to ignore, and I don't think it's a smokescreen.

Legend
Legend
not for nothin, but the reporters on ESPN today were speculating that Tebow needs lots of work and the perfect place for him would be a team with a veteran QB in place.. they mentioned Indy and NE.. QB's that have been playing a while,, and that are secure enough to not be bothered..

I'll leave it up to someone else to make that leap to the Browns getting Delhomme and Wallace..

They also made a good point about Jacksonville being the worst thing that could happen to Tebow.. Reason being that they would be forced to play him too soon because they need to fill the seats. They think it will ruin him...

Interesting takes..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
All of this talk is sounding a bit like the talk before the draft that Peterson wasn't going to be any good because he was injury prone.

I still think Tebow is going to get drafted fairly early...as compared to what the talking heads are saying and will be a SB MVP somewhere down the road.

I hope the Browns trade down 7-8 slots and draft him there......Holmgren likes the guy...any QB guy is going to love him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I hope the Browns trade down 7-8 slots and draft him there......Holmgren likes the guy...any QB guy is going to love him.

Peen if you want Tebow to succeed you better pray to God the browns don't draft him.

Not even "God's grandson" could succeed in this hell hole

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

All of this talk is sounding a bit like the talk before the draft that Peterson wasn't going to be any good because he was injury prone.

Everyone knew Peterson was going to be good. The question was whether or not he was going to last in the league.

Quote:

I still think Tebow is going to get drafted fairly early

As do I. I still think someone will grab him in the 1st round because they will fall in love with his work ethic and competitiveness.

Quote:

and will be a SB MVP somewhere down the road.

Earlier today someone said Suh will be a Hall of Famer and I said "Yikes!". This is an even more ridiculous statement. Suh can make the Hall of Fame playing on a crappy team and dominating on the defensive line.

To win a Super Bowl MVP your team has to be good, your coaching staff has to be good, you have to be lucky, and you have to be the best player in the actual Super Bowl game.

To project that on Tim Tebow is pretty much ridiculous. The guy is a project at QB. It's not even certain he will make it in the NFL at all. When Peyton Manning came into the league no one was saying he would win the Super Bowl MVP and everyone knew he was as close to a sure thing as you could get.

We all know you love Tebow, but let's be realistic, to even guarantee he will start in the NFL is a little bit crazy at this point.

B
Legend
Legend
B
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hhung_68RIFRijfD6e4cPWFCtKegD9EGKG280

Tebow debuts new throwing motion for NFL teams
By MARK LONG (AP) – 1 hour ago
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Tim Tebow's latest visit to Florida Field looked like most of the others. He was cheered, revered and pulled in every direction.
This time, though, it wasn't just screaming fans gushing over the former Heisman Trophy winner.
The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner was the star attraction at Florida's pro day Wednesday, receiving rave reviews from NFL scouts, coaches and general managers after he unveiled his new, compact throwing motion.
The bulky left-hander threw dozens of passes to former teammates Riley Cooper, Aaron Hernandez and David Nelson during a 30-minute workout, spoke with several NFL executives and even found time to play catch with a kid confined to a wheelchair.
"He had a very, very good workout," Carolina Panthers coach John Fox said. "He doesn't lack in the work ethic department, so whatever needs to be done, he'll do. I definitely saw some adjustment and I thought he executed very well."
About 3,000 fans showed up despite cool temperatures and light rain. They cheered loudly as Tebow walked into The Swamp for the first time since his home finale in November, applauded every completion and groaned whenever a ball hit the ground — surely blaming the receiver.
"This is a little different," Cleveland Browns president Mike Holmgren said. "I think if it had been a sunny day, we might have filled this place."
Cornerback Joe Haden, defensive end Carlos Dunlap, linebacker Brandon Spikes, center Maurkice Pouncey, safety Major Wright and several others worked out before Tebow. Defensive end Jermaine Cunningham (shoulder), kick returner Brandon James (ankle) and linebacker Ryan Stamper (back) sat out with injuries.
Haden and Dunlap improved their 40-yard dash times from the NFL combine — both probably boosted their draft stock — but Spikes failed to break the 5-second mark on soggy grass.
Their performances, though, were clearly overshadowed by Tebow. He spent the last two months fine-tuning his new motion, which includes smaller strides, holding the ball higher and eliminating that long, looping release that had experts cringing and analysts calling for him to move to tight end or H-back.
He worked with longtime NFL assistant Zeke Bratkowski, former NFL coach Sam Wyche and former college/NFL assistant Marc Trestman.
"I made a lot of changes and improved on a lot of things," Tebow said. "There's still a lot of room for improvement, a lot of things that I think I can get better at and I'll continue to work on it, continue to get better. But I think I made a lot of strides."
About 75 NFL scouts, coaches and executives showed up to see Tebow throw. It was his first open workout since the Senior Bowl.
"I know he's been working at it, and if anybody can do it, it would be him," Jacksoville Jaguars general manager Gene Smith said. "He certainly has a will to prepare. People say there's always exceptions to the rule. If there's going to be one at the quarterback spot, it will be him in terms of going against everything everybody has said negative about him with the long release.
"He's out to prove everybody he's certainly capable of competing at our level."
Maybe so, but there's still plenty of debate surrounding Tebow's draft stock. Some point to his drive, determination, winning record and other intangibles as reasons he should be a first-round pick. Others insist his passing skills are more in line with a mid-round selection.
"Clearly, he's a special young man," Holmgren said. "You can tell he's trying to make adjustments to his motion. That seems to be what people are fired up about, and he's working very hard to do that, and it showed today. I thought he had a pretty good workout."
Holmgren called Tebow's changes subtle differences and said the next step would be to prove that his mechanics hold up in games and under pressure.
"Those of us that know the position a little bit and watch the position and have coached the position, you saw it," Holmgren said. "You saw he's worked hard on changing some of his technique, and I root for him. He's a wonderful young man. I pull for guys like that, and he's going to make some team very happy."
Still, Holmgren wasn't sure Tebow even needed to tweak anything.
"I think there are still some questions about that," he said. "I don't think everybody in the room thinks he needs to change dramatically, so we'll see where it goes."

Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin and Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raheem Morris also were in attendance. So was Minnesota Vikings vice president for player personnel Rick Spielman.
"He didn't miss many throws," Morris said. "He came out, did what he had to do. He's a talented guy, he's a popular guy, he's a sharp guy, he's a smart guy, he's had success all his career and I'm sure nothing will be different when he goes to the next level."

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
And your points is...

He might not need to change much. So...what?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

And your points is...

He might not need to change much. So...what?

So what is your point??

You are the one saying he is a project.....trust me bubba....he is more than a project.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

.trust me bubba....he is more than a project.

Is that good or bad?

Quote:

So what is your point??

Might point is we don't know how good anyone in this draft is or will be. Okay, everyone knows Suh will start from day one for whoever drafts him. It's another thing to say Tim Tebow, a guy who might not even be able to play his current position in the NFL, will be a Super Bowl MVP.

Legend
Legend
Peen honest question here,

If you had the first pick in the draft who would you take Ndamukong Suh or Tim Tebow?

C
Legend
Legend
C
How about this one...

If you had the to choose between Phillip Rivers (a guy who has never won a Super Bowl MVP) and Tim Tebow (a guy who will win a Super Bowl MVP) who would you choose?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Post deleted by Ballpeen

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'd take Tebow over Rivers. - Rivers acts like an idiot. Tebow brings a built-in fanbase with him. - More fans means more exposure and more money. More money and exposure means better free agents. Better free agents means better team. Better team means (you get the point).

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Dude....that isn't a honest question.....so go fly a kite.

I have said on many occasions where I would draft Tebow,,,,,even in this thread as a matter of fact....so if you are going to continue to insult my intelligence, I'll just stick you on ignore and be done with it.

Way to dodge the question peeny

Quote:

I'd take Tebow over Rivers

Dude, are you serious?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

Dude....that isn't a honest question.....so go fly a kite.

I have said on many occasions where I would draft Tebow,,,,,even in this thread as a matter of fact....so if you are going to continue to insult my intelligence, I'll just stick you on ignore and be done with it.

Way to dodge the question peeny

Quote:

I'd take Tebow over Rivers

Dude, are you serious?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Am I missing something.....?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If we draft Tim Tebow in round 1 I am officially done with the Browns. Rounds 2 and 3..........whatever that's a crap shoot, but as Teddy B. said on NFL live today you don't take projects in round 1.

The good news is there is no way in hell we would sniff drafting Timmay in round 1. I could see us taking a 2nd or 3rd round flyer on him in hope he could develop, but these guys aren't as dumb as the last ones, and no chance in hell we take a 2-3 year grooming project with our 1st pick.......it won't happen.

I also think Holmgren sees something in Tebow that he likes. I would imagine it's the intangebles and competitiveness (cause there isn't much else to like......his physicals are crap compared to the other top 5 QBs). If we draft him in the mid rounds I will be ok with it, becuase MH knows a hell of alot more about QBs than I do, and it's not as big of a deal if he falls on his face.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If we draft Tim Tebow in round 1 I am officially done with the Browns. Rounds 2 and 3..........whatever that's a crap shoot, but as Teddy B. said on NFL live today you don't take projects in round 1.

I had a nightmare that we took him with the 7th pick over Suh, Berry and Mcclain

Legend
Legend
Quote:

If we draft Tim Tebow in round 1 I am officially done with the Browns.

Is that a promise

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yep........but lucky for you guys it will never happen

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

If we draft Tim Tebow in round 1 I am officially done with the Browns.

Is that a promise

If we draft him with the 7th pick I'm done with football

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
LOL....yeah that would be pretty bad. I mean out of all the dumb moves this team has done over the last decade, drafting an utter 2-3 year away project that high in round 1 would have to take the prize for dumbest of all..lol.

Like I said, it will never happen. I do like Timmah though, and wouldn't be upset in a late 2nd or early 3rd round investment. He has as much (maybe more) upside as any of the other project QBs. The good news is if he doesn't pan out as a QB he can still contribute. I just do not under any circumstance want to take an utter project with a round 1 pick. As I said before, there isn't anyway we would draft him in round 1 though.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

can we have that written in blood

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

can we have that written in blood

Would Mangini and Holgrems suffice?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't know if I would be able to watch the Browns after that.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

I would...........................

.........with a grocery bag over my head.

HANG IN THERE 'PEEN!!

I don't care for Tebow, but stick to your guns!! I've been there and done that!!

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

I would...........................

.........with a grocery bag over my head.

HANG IN THERE 'PEEN!!

I don't care for Tebow, but stick to your guns!! I've been there and done that!!

Say what you want...I had more doubt in my mind about Couch being a stiff than I am about this kid. I'd trade down to the middle of the first round and take him there.

People worry about him being 2 years away....mostly the same folks who wanted to give BQ 2 more years of starts to see if he could be a QB....lol...that would have been his 5th friggen year.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind TT is going to be a plus QB in the NFL.

My attitude is maybe it's time to forget the fluff and just get football players....but I understand most don't understand anything other than fluff....so I am cool with where I am and with what I think..we'll see who is right in 4-5 years.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
He's a lefty, and we have an absolute stud LT. That'd be another thing to consider.

Not to pile on you ballpeen, but if we take him anywhere before the third round, it's a mistake IMO.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Maybe you got it, but to re-emphasize, I meant it jokingly that you should stick to your guns. I've been lambasted for my opinions about various players over the years and know what it's like to carry an unpopular opinion.

Don't let the masses get ya down (even if I agree with their position).

On that note, Chad Henne apparently doesn't believe in Tebow. This is NOT the kind of thing you see from other players.............

Quote:

Chad Henne says Tebow "isn't an NFL quarterback"
Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2010 12:33 AM ET
C.Henne.jpgAs Florida quarterback Tim Tebow continues to prepare for the NFL, one of the men who already holds a starting quarterback job at the highest level of the sport has a strong opinion on the subject.

"My judgment is that he's not an NFL quarterback," Henne told Curtis Stevenson and Anita Marks of WQAM in Miami regarding Tebow. "I'll leave it at that."

Wow.

Making Henne's opinion more compelling is the fact that his position coach, David Lee, is one of the men who are helping Tebow become that which Lee's primary pupil says Tebow isn't.

And suddenly we hope Tebow lands in the AFC East.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I'd take Tebow over Rivers. - Rivers acts like an idiot. Tebow brings a built-in fanbase with him. - More fans means more exposure and more money. More money and exposure means better free agents. Better free agents means better team. Better team means (you get the point).

we had a fan base with BQ too.

How did that pan out?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

He's a lefty, and we have an absolute stud LT. That'd be another thing to consider.

Not to pile on you ballpeen, but if we take him anywhere before the third round, it's a mistake IMO.

Pashos will be decent and if Rob Sims comes here to be RG .....

but that is still not a good reason to take Tebow.

Put me into the anti-Tebow crowd.I'll say 5th round and a low one at that.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Haven't read all of this thread but I'm sure I have the gist of it from what I've read.

I'll just say this, I would be very surprised if we took Tebow. Very surprised.

I'd say we're much more likely to take Lefevour or Pike than TT.

And even if we did take him I don't see us moving down or up to do it. The only way I see it happening would be if he falls to the 3rd and we take him with one of the handful of picks we have in that round. And I'd bet Jacksonville takes him before that just to sell tickets.

This is not a reflection on his ability so much as it is the hard reality of what else we need this draft to do for us.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Like I said, it will never happen. I do like Timmah though, and wouldn't be upset in a late 2nd or early 3rd round investment. He has as much (maybe more) upside as any of the other project QBs. The good news is if he doesn't pan out as a QB he can still contribute. I just do not under any circumstance want to take an utter project with a round 1 pick. As I said before, there isn't anyway we would draft him in round 1 though

I watched some of the film on him yesterday.
What I saw was someone who looked like he was forcing himself to hold the ball higher and snap the release more.
When real game conditions come and a player uses what comes natural ,I have a strong hunch the old way of releasing the ball will insert itself again.
And unlike Peen's Peterson's comments, we're talking mechanics not health.
And BTW ..AP's new lable is a fumbler..tha also isn't good.
Check out Walrus's comments.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.c...Swamp+Things%29

" It appears to be that he’s made some adjustments in a very short period of time, and he’s got good guys working with him. I would say this, though. If you look hard enough at anybody … we can be really pick about stuff. You’ve got to be careful about losing sight of the big picture and what kind of a player he is, what kind of a winner he is and what kind of a person he is. There’s a lot of good about this young man. We’ll see how it goes.

success as QB: “I’m going to steer clear of that one. I think Tim Tebow is one of those guys you root for, and it’s my opinion if he’s on your football team you have a better football team. I’ll leave it at that.”

It’s clear that he’s made some adjustments already. The challenge for anybody, not just Tim, who plays the position is you make the changes and you do it in a workout and in a combine. But what happens when you’re playing, what happens when you’re competing and it’s happening fast? Can you do it then if it’s necessary? Listen, I’m still on the bench here about deciding whether it’s necessary. He’s done a lot of great things. But if that’s his goal and that’s what he wants to do. The next challenge will be to see how he does it in game conditions."
on comparisons to Steve Young: “They’re both left-handed. That’s where I’ll stop the comparisons. I would steer clear of that comparison. Steve was a very polished passer. with the great athletes, the quarterback that can run, sometimes it takes a little off their throwing ability. People say, ‘Well, he’s a great runner and a good passer’ or whatever they say. That’s not always the case. Steve was a great runner at the position, but Steve could really throw the ball. He didn’t have to do much to improve that.

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 03/18/10 08:39 AM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

When real game conditions come and a player uses what comes natural ,I have a strong hunch the old way of releasing the ball will insert itself again.

I think that's why many "experts" are saying he needs time to develop the changes he's made into more of a second nature so he doesn't revert back in times of stress.....

I can't answer if that will work long term or not...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
A
Ammo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Looks as though the Great Prophecy of God's Grandson donning the Orange and Brown tunic may becoming closer to a reality.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/18/five-teams-will-take-a-closer-look-at-tebow/
Five teams will take a closer look at Tebow

Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2010 8:43 AM ET
As the Tim Tebow train continues to roll toward the draft, a quintet of teams have lined up visits with the man whom Dolphins signal-called Chad Henne doesn't believe is an NFL quarterback.

Matt Hayes of SportingNews.com reports that the Bills, Seahawks, Patriots, Browns, and Redskins will kick Tebow's tire in private workouts.

But in this season of poker faces and bullpoop, the most interested teams could be among the ones who aren't bringing him in. With 32 NFL franchises, at least one surely covets Tebow, flaws and all. And those teams aren't likely to do anything to reveal their interest.

In fact, they might be privately doing all they can to knock Tebow, in the hopes that he's available in the round when they hope to pounce.

Legend
Legend

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd love to have Tebow on this team, but there is no way he's getting drafted at #7. It shouldn't even be discussed right now.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Legend
Legend
Again, for informational purposes only...

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/03/report_cleveland_browns_are_on.html

it's an article about Tebow being brought to Cleveland for a looksee by the browns..

In it, there is one significant comment by Holmgren....

Quote:

Holmgren told the Associated Press after the workout that Tebow will make some team "very happy.'' But he made no guarantees about Tebow being a successful NFL quarterback. "I'm going to steer clear of that one now,'' he told the Sporting News. "I think Tim Tebow is one of those guys that you root for. If he's on your team, you have a better team. I'll leave it at that."

He also indicated that concerns about Tebow's mechanics might be overblown.

"If you look hard enough at anybody, you can be really picky about stuff,'' Holmgren said. "Be careful about losing sight of the big picture and what kind of a player (Tebow) is and winner he is. There's a lot of good about this young man.

I'm trying not to read more into this.. just taking it at face value and see where it goes..

One thing.. if Holmgren isn't blowing smoke, he seems to really like this kid..

One of those for what it's worth kinda things I guess..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
This is feeling more & more like he wants to take this guy, from the standpoint that he "likes" him as much as he disliked BQ.

I just wonder what he's up to in terms of drafting the defensive help we all seem to think we need.

Or, is this the creme-de-la creme of smokescreens ?

In any case, I will welcome Tebow with open arms -- i.e. there won't be any of that "Michigan" hate from this Buckeye fan -- because, at a minimum, at least he won't present a danger as an opponent,...and also, a left-handed QB presents some other twists for our offense. Then you also have the raw talent this kid has to be able to convert him to another position when Delhomme and Wallace tear it up.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I'd love to have Tebow on this team, but there is no way he's getting drafted at #7. It shouldn't even be discussed right now.

Who is saying that....I'm not

Toad.....I know....no worries

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Timmy Tebow to unveil new delivery at Pro Day

Link Copied to Clipboard