Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
O
He didn't bother to show up.

Blount fails to attend Oregon’s pro day

Posted: March 11th, 2010 | Gil Brandt | Tags: 2010 Pro Days, Ed Dickson, LeGarrette Blount, Oregon

LeGarrette Blount was a no show at Oregon's pro day. (Ben Liebenberg/NFL.com)

LeGarrette Blount, a controversial running back who has been trying to restore his image, was a no-show at Oregon’s pro day Thursday.

Blount flashed some impressive skills at Senior Bowl practices in late January. He also showcased outstanding quickness at the NFL Scouting Combine two weeks ago, finishing third among all running backs in the three-cone drill. He measured at 6-foot and 241 pounds at the combine.

At both events, Blount was committed to showing NFL teams and the media that he isn’t a problem child after his reputation took two huge hits last year. First, he was suspended in February for reportedly missing offseason team meetings. Then he punched a Boise State player following Oregon’s Sept. 4 road loss.

The punch resulted in Blount being suspended for 10 games before he returned to play in Oregon’s final two contests. Blount was contrite while discussing the episode with the media at the combine, but choosing not to participate in Oregon’s pro day likely will prompt more questions.

Safety T.J. Ward also was absent, leaving just TE Ed Dickson among the top Oregon prospects to work out for 20 NFL team representatives indoors on FieldTurf.

Dickson (6-foot-4, 250 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.64 and 4.61 seconds, and he also had a 33-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot, 2-inch broad jump and 25 repetitions in the bench press at 225 pounds. He stood on his short-shuttle and three-cone drill times from the combine. He also ran positional drills.

– Gil Brandt

Forget this loser...............

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
Wow, That's crazy. Still worth a 7th round pick? Raiders will probably take him in the 3rd though.......

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Still worth a 7th round pick?

He failed to show up for his pro day, why waste a pick on him?

His dedication should be seriously questioned after this.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Blount.. seriously.. I don't know what you were thinking.. but you just cost yourself money, and maybe even the opportunity to go to the NFL....

His stock just dropped.. I was saying forth, but now I don't know.. 5th to 6th round...

I'm about to just say give me Anthony Dixon of Miss St.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Obviously he's not a wise young man.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Tho Oregon program is falling apart. Masoli, their QB, and receiver Garrett Embry are in big trouble for robbery from a campus fraternity. Garrett was dismissed from the team. Kickers Mike Bowlin and Rob Beard, were injured in a brawl a couple of blocks from the fraternity house that same night.
RB LeMichael James just got arrested for domestic violence. And last but not least Matt Simms, a walk-on defensive end, also was dismissed from the team last month after he was charged with misdemeanor assault.

Man the Bengals must be licking their chops awaiting these guys to ride out their college careers so they can get them into the Cincinnati police blotter... er, I mean the starting roster.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not so fast. Oregon has two different pro day dates. He may be on the other day.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I think we are to assume that he was scheduled for his one. Otherwise I wouldn't think the article would have been written.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Reporters jump the gun quite often.

Legend
Legend
This guy sounds like "Ben Gay II". Physically talented enough to be an impactful player in the NFL ..... but not all there mentally.

I still think that someone takes a chance on him by the 7th round. (Mybe the Raiders might go even higher)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agent: Blount never planned to participate in March 11 Pro Day

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2010 8:59 PM ET

In response to the report from Gil Brandt of NFL.com that Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount failed to show up for the school's March 11 Pro Day workout, Blount's agent, Zeke Sandhu, has contacted us to explain that Blount at no time planned to participate in today's session.

"LeGarrette has always planned to participate on March 18th and has advised teams and the school of this," Sandhu said.

So there you have it. Now, if Blount doesn't show up next week, then he's got a big problem.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...rch-11-pro-day/

O
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
O
There we have it........................from his agent.

I still want no part of him.

It's easy to accept that a player made a quick mistake by punching another player. That I can forgive. Heat of the moment and all that. However, there's an anger problem when that isn't enough, and the player has to go after others or continues his actions well after the fact.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
Ban him from the draft for a year. Related to Ben Gay, maybe?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
i think Blount would be a great pick in the 4th round, if he had his head on straight he would have been drafted much higher. Instill some discipline, he could be a good one.

Legend
Legend
If he wasn't planning on showing for this workout.....then isn't a non-issue (well, except for all his other issues). Let's see what his Pro Day turns up and go from there. Some team will draft him...and they'll know to draft him late. It will be up to Blount to make the team and prove he's a hard worker.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
N
Legend
Legend
N
thanks Deep.

I want absolutely no part of Blount, but Brandt should get in trouble for this one (obviously he won't)

even in "his" article he makes no mention that Blount had planned on being there or that there as a 2nd Oregon Pro-Day....just that he did not show up to this pro-day

I hate journalism in this country.

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I don't care where he shows up or what else he does. He's a turd and I want no part of him.

Legend
Legend
In Oregon, the wait was worth it for LeGarrette Blount. The maligned prospect stunned scouts by posting forty times which ranged in the mid 4.5 second area, a full two-tenths faster than his combine mark. Several scouts clocked Blount in times of 4.53 and 4.55 seconds after he weighed in at 238 pounds. The forty was the only item Blount had on his schedule today.

TJ Ward was another prospect from Oregon who significantly improved his numbers from the combine. His 40 time, which was clocked as fast as 4.46 by scouts, was also two-tenths faster than his performance in Indy. Ward also timed well in the short shuttle (4.07 seconds) and three cone (6.78). His performance may have sealed the safety as a top 60 choice next month.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/03/11/pro.days.draft.news.tracker/?xid=si_nfl

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With Hillis on the team, I have little interest in Blount. No need for this jerk on our team, enjoy the Bungles or Rats or Raiders Blount

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
exactly. i originally wanted the guy from stanford but now i think we can be pretty good at rb. at worst, maybe bring in a guy like a deshawn wynn or a 4th-6th round pick.

Legend
Legend
Blount > Hillis

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Blount > Hillis

In a UFC Bout? Sure.

Just sayin'.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Blount > Hillis

In a UFC Bout?

I dunno, I defended the fact that Blount didn't mean to sucker punch the BSU player but the player was distracted while the punch was coming. This made it look like Blount was this rediculously tough dude, that and that he ran around challenging everyone to a fight.

So just because Blount, a big dude, punched an unaware guy in the face doesn't mean that he can do anything in a fight against our Peyton Hillis. Peyton Hillis is certainly a big guy himself, and he doesn't act like an idiot (like Blount did) so we don't know. But I'm willing to bet Hillis can hold his own.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't think is true at all.

Is it possible Blount is more talented than Hillis? Yes. But Hillis had some pretty good numbers in college playing behind both Felix Jones and Darren McFadden in the SEC. Blount has had one good season for Oregon. And the other he punched some dude in the face then tried to kill the entire city of Boise.

As of right now I'd rather have Hillis over Blount because we know he can produce in the NFL and we're pretty sure he isn't a nut.

I think the trade for Hillis closed the book on the possibility of us drafting a RB in the draft.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Why is there even a debate? Blount is a mental midget. The sucker punch was just the tip of the iceberg that day. Idiot had to be restrained and tried to go after fans. I can't believe anybody here wants him.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
funny, i thought character counted for something in the nfl. silly me.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
It does to me, I hated rooting for Jamal Lewis while he was a Cleveland Brown.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
He's not just entering the NFL, he's going to a city and joining the community. People are wanting a self-centered moron with rage control issues to come to Cleveland.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Yeah I am with you, I dont want him, not even as an UFA. Kid blew it in my mind. Watch his press conference after the incident, that kid is a basketcase.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

It does to me, I hated rooting for Jamal Lewis while he was a Cleveland Brown.

What is it about Jamal Lewsi that makes you hate rooting for him? Was it because he was on the Ravens or because of what he went to jail for.

He was the middle man in a drug deal when he was like 21. That's like 8 years or something before he joined the Browns. Now everyone has done dumb things in their lives, but when Jamal Lewis is joining the Browns that many years later, you're still going to hold that against him?

Sometimes people deserve a second chance instead of just being condemned. Jamal Lewis went to jail for something that happened before he ever played in the NFL. He served his time. What else do you want from him?

Jamal's period with this team was sometimes turbulent, especially the past two years, but he's been one of the leaders of our team for the past couple years and was one of the biggest reasons we were successful in 2007.

I have no issues with Jamal Lewis and I don't see why you should have trouble being proud that he was a Cleveland Browns and cheering for him.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

What is it about Jamal Lewsi that makes you hate rooting for him? Was it because he was on the Ravens or because of what he went to jail for.

Both
Scum bag was dealing coke to 14 yr olds kids man. Sorry at 21 you know better. Plus his comments he made to the media while being here did letter to endear him to my heart. So glad twinkle toes is gone!

Also sidenote: I wasn't a projected 10 ten pick in the NFL assured of making millions in college, yet I still managed to get through it without dealing drugs to 14 year olds, sorry thats not a "mistake". That is moronic. I don't expect every player to be a chior boy, but that is excessive.

N
Legend
Legend
N
i agree. just because he deserves a 2nd chance in life doesn't mean that i am not allowed to feel a little guilty rooting for the guy.

we all made mistakes in life does not equal we all were middle men in drug deals. sorry.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This entire thread = FAIL since Blount can just go to the other Pro day.

Also maybe I have reading problems, however I have never read of Blount doing drugs. So comparing him to Jamal is insane. I'd rather draft an idiot that hits people than an idiot who does drugs.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think everyone knows that Blount can go to the other Pro Day. You know the one that happened...yesterday. The one that everyone is discussing.

Also, Jamal Lewis never did drugs (not that we know of anyway). He went to jail because one of his buddies made a drug deal on his phone.

C
1st String
1st String
C
j/c...

so, currently on our roster:

harrison
jennings
davis
vickers
hillis

so, who'd getting cut to possibly add this joker to the fray? i think more importantly....exactly what skill set does he bring that were are missing?

i dont think we'll even take a RB this year....we have plenty of youth, size, and hands to get the job done as is.

no way this kid sniffs our locker room with our FO character demands.

Legend
Legend
It's kind of a shame that any of those you list will bet cut,, but you know it will happen...

I'd say Harrison, Vickers and Hillis are probably safe unless they completely flub up in camp..

Davis was a mangini pick and played well until he was injured last summer.. he did raise a stink about something after he was injured,, but I can't remember the details.. not sure that will have any effect.

Jennings did well with limited playing time..

There really doesn't appear to be a bum in the bunch.. the only reason to draft a back is to upgrade a position of strength.. otherwise, why bother?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Davis was a mangini pick and played well until he was injured last summer.. he did raise a stink about something after he was injured,, but I can't remember the details.. not sure that will have any effect.

Jennings did well with limited playing time..

I thought Davis raised a stink about Mangini's Opportunity Drills or what ever they are called. Rumors were saying Davis got injured when he wasn't in pads and got hit by Constanzo (or may be Trusnik) who was in pads. We never found out too much, except that the investigation found Mangini did nothing wrong, which would mean that Davis and his injurer wore at-least equal protection.

Either way, Davis looked good, so I'm definitely interested to see how he looks.

I think Chris Jennings is def not gonna be on our roster next year, at least not our gameday. He will be our number 4 RB, the oddman out

C
1st String
1st String
C
jennings played nine games last year, so i think he's still eligible for the practice squad. davis, having no real game film, would probably be more likely to stay on the PS.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Quote:

Why is there even a debate? Blount is a mental midget. The sucker punch was just the tip of the iceberg that day. Idiot had to be restrained and tried to go after fans. I can't believe anybody here wants him.

Sucker punch or not, that dude deserved to get hit and he got laid out...I watched that video over and over and over again. He was in Blount's face taunting him, then shoved him...he had it coming.

Going after the fans was a bit ridiculous though.

G
2nd String
2nd String
G
Quote:

harrison
jennings
davis
vickers
hillis

My guess would be Jennings will be cut and if he can, be sneaked onto the Practice Squad. I don't understand the attachment to Jennings that a lot of people have expressed.

He was a UDFA Practice Squad RB that was promoted to the Active Roster due to Jamal Lewis' injury. He's had a few DECENT runs, but nothing special or spectacular that is worth of needing to stay on the Roster.

Davis will most likely get another chance, due to not seeing him on the field yet other then Pre-Season and being a recent Draft Pick by Mangini. However, I do not think he is immune to being cut, because the investment is very little and the issue of After Practice Opportunity Drills fiasco. However, it hasn't been clear on how the League found out. Everyone assumes it was Davis that cried Wolf. If he did, that would have put him in Mangini's doghouse, and being cut is a very real possibility, but most likely isn't going to happen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Legarrett Blount pro day result

Link Copied to Clipboard