Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

My "bold" predictions

1) If Berry is gone at 7, and the Browns cannot trade down (a) I expect a surprise (one of Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson, Jared Odrick, or Mike Iupati) (b) the Browns will have at least 2 picks in the first round this year.

2) Dez Bryant will fall to #27 Dallas.

3) There will be a record number of trades this draft.

4) Ryan Matthews is taken before CJ Spiller.

I forgot one

5) Albert Haynesworth will be traded. I would love if he was traded to Tampa which would screw up everyone's mocks... ...I'll say he ends up in Seattle for #60 overall.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

5) Albert Haynesworth will be traded. I would love if he was traded to Tampa which would screw up everyone's mocks... ...I'll say he ends up in Seattle for #60 overall

I would love to see him get traded back to tennessee for a 5th rounder....LOL.........

Legend
Legend
i predict that the Browns will trade down in the first ... and then trade up in the 2nd.None of the moves will be for a QB. Their QB choice will be in the 3rd - 5th range.

I predict that D'Qwell Jackson changes teams on draft day.

I predict that the Browns will grab Earl Thomas as a result of trading down in the first.

I predict that we grab 2 DL in the first 3 rounds of this draft, and maybe 3 overall.

I predict that we pick no RB, LB, or TE in this draft. No idea why ... just a gut feeling.

I predict that we'll take a fast WR with questionable hands. Maybe he'll develop .....

I could really see 3 DB being drafted. It is not beyond belief that the team could take 6 players between DL and DB.

I predict that we grab a T ... but probably not until the later rounds.

I predict that the Browns trade a pick for a future pick.

Oh ...and Saturday's lottery numbers will be ....

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I predict We go after a safety and then all offense. MH comments about our our pathetic "offensive" production last year sticks with me. We've done nothing at the WR position and have at best.. stop gap QB adds. We need a scary playmaker on offense at some point.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Not so fast...I would hate it...I want the Steelers to take Pouncey, Davis, Iupati or Campbell....they will all bust or disappoint (only AVG) in the NFL. Thomas is a raw but very, very talented WR...like Kirwan, I'd take him over Bryant and over Pouncey for sure

I'm with you on Campbell for sure. not sure about Iupati since I really haven't seen him (he's supposedly raw and talented like Thomas). I really like Anthony Davis, but if he's drafted as a LT, then I'll agree that he will likely disappoint (he's a RT by nature).

but, Pouncey is good. and his versatility of being able to play OG or OC will give him extra benefit to some team (one reason I really like JD Walton for us in the 3rd). And the Steelers still have Ward, Wallace, and Sweed. They need OL much worse than WR and I will be happy to see them ignore OL.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Dj, I don't get the love for Thomas on your part either. Seems like you have beat the drum against projects in the 1st and 2nd for a year now, but here you go pimping this guy. It's not like you.

Iupati is Kemoeatu as I think he's a G only and a liablity in the passing game especially at RT (he held a lot in the Senior Bowl)...he's a very, very good run-blocker but that's not enough for me to pick him anywhere near the Top2 rounds

Thomas IS somewhat a project but most WR are since most need route running refinement...you can't teach size and speed though...and despite all that Thomas produced...he was dominant...I have no problem with "projection" picks if they guys were dominant at what they did AND project good (work ethic, athletic ability) to learn more (it's not the palyers fault if the system he played in didn't ask more of him)...same with Barwin last draft....otoh I don't like guys like Ford or Price who were never dominant on the field and then become "hot prospects" just because of their workouts....Thomas is a really good #1 WR prospect...and while I don't want him in the 2nd or via uptrade I wouldn't if we picked him...if he's there at 38 he could very well be the BPA...and Heckert is strictly BPA in the top2 rounds...and it's the right thing to do, especially with the roster at hand

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
N
Legend
Legend
N
Let's start with the bad picks. I'll put up some of the better ones tomorrow.

1st round pick busts:

Claussen
Bruce Campbell
Dem. Thomas
J. Pierre-Paul
Everson Griffen
Taylor Mays (though initially he's a success ala Roy Williams)
Kyle Wilson (again, initially he may be successful, but he'll be exposed for gambling too much ala Cromartie)
Roger Saffold (yes, there will be 7 OTs taken in the 1st round)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I will add Bulaga to that list. I just have a feeling.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
j/c

KC trades back with Philly and Philly takes Eric Berry.

Seattle takes Jimmy Clausen and regrets it for the next 10 years.

The Browns trade back with Denver and pick Earl Thomas.

Browns also do not take a QB until the 5th round when they select Mike Kafka.

We end up with 8 draft picks, 6 in the top 100.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

otoh I don't like guys like Ford or Price who were never dominant on the field and then become "hot prospects" just because of their workouts....

I'm on the same page with you on Price for that one but wholeheartedly disagree for Ford. From the Tigers' Website :

Quote:

Overview: One of Clemson's finest all-purpose players in history...did not get the credit for his all-purpose play because his career coincided with C.J. Spiller's at Clemson... Ford and Spiller finished as the NCAA's greatest all-purpose duo in history with a combined 11, 671 all-purpose yards

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
JPP semms to make everyone's overrated list..I don't know...he's a project, sure, but I think he has a good chance to succeed in a 43....I don't want him in a 34 though...Wilson is maybe the best cover CB in this class, but he doesn't like to tackle and that's a problem

I may be the only guy that doesn't like Odrick...maybe I'm totally wrong here, but the guy's on his butt too much for my liking...I don't see him as a good 34 DE fit (the body type, sure but not the skill set and playing style...he's the real project of the round if drafted for the 34 imho)

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

JPP semms to make everyone's overrated list..I don't know...he's a project, sure, but I think he has a good chance to succeed in a 43....I don't want him in a 34 though...

I think that's why he makes the overrated / bust lists though. Most have him getting picked up as a 3-4 OLB. I agree he has a better chance as a 4-3 DE, but I'd still have him significantly behind Derrick Morgan from GTech.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I predict that prior to the draft a Pro Bowl DLineman from a team drafting in the top 10 will crash his car at 330am with a carful of underage girls smoking weed in the backseat.. setting off a last minute trade and upsetting everyone's mocks

Wait, thats not bold, thats normal. My bad.

Last edited by SaintDawg; 04/20/10 05:36 PM.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Quote:

Seattle takes Jimmy Clausen

Pete Carrol probably knows as much about Clausen as anybody else in the NFL. He is from Cali, was certainly recruited by Carrol and Played against USC every year.

This is a pretty believable scenario, which likely drops Berry to Cleveland as well. That would make a lot of people happy around here.

I can't imagine Philly trading up that far for a safety. Thomas would be more likely, wouldn't he?

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

BOLD!

but if they take Bruce Campbell...they will be.

Which happens to be my prediction!

They'll overlook far more qualified OT's and go with Campbell at #8. The kid has only started at LT for a season and a half, yet he fits the "superfreak" mold Al Davis falls for every time.

The size, the speed and the footwork is there. The experience is not. Yep! That's an Al Davis pick!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How about this one?..... Browns fans won't like it....

Seattle takes Eric Berry at #6, but Jimmy Clausen falls, and Seattle takes him at #14.

P
Legend
Legend
P
With Walter Jones retiring, I don't see where the Hawks have much choice other than drafting a LT at #6. There will be slim pickins' there at #14 IMO, if they don't get one at #6.

Here would be a bit of a reach but seems more logical. They draft Buloga/Williams at #6 and somebody Carroll is already familiar with and knows his D...............Taylor Mays at #14

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
the Browns trade Seneca Wallace, a 3rd and a 6th for Jason Campbell

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Browns fans will like this prediction even less - including me.

I predict Eric Berry is available at #7 AND we decide to draft somebody else - ugh! hope I am way off base on this one.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
1. We will make the trade for Bradford or we will move far back in the first for another team's 2011 first round pick. I think Holmgren wants to make sure he gets a top QB prospect either this year or next. With two 2011 first rounders he would have the firepower to get just about anyone next year.
2. DQ will not be a Brown at the end of the draft. He's simply not a fit for the 34 and it's awfully crowded at LB right now.
3. Our draft will be offense centric early, defense centric late. Holmgren and Haskell are old and have egos and probably would want to gouge their eyeballs out rather than watch the 2009 version of our offense this year. We'll get some guys who can create like McCluster, Gilyard and others. Remember Maclin and McCoy last year for Philly.
4. We'll love our draft. I've admired the Eagles drafts for years. I hope Heckert replicates his success here.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My Pedictions

1) If the Rams don't take Bradford, the Browns will trade with the Lions to get him.

2) If Berry is gone, the Browns trade back and/or take Thomas.

3) If Bradford is not drafted by the Browns in the first, they take McCoy in the second.

4) The thrid round picks will surprize many, because there is no 4th rounder to have as a fall back. I would not be surprised to see a , WR, TE and RB taken (pick 2).

5) The Rams trade of Carriker to Washington today opens them up to drafting Suh.

6) No McCoy or Bradford will mean the Browns will take Crompton or J. Brown in the fifth.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Well one thing is for certain, Heckert seems to have a great ability to draft POSITION/SKILL players. DeSean Jackson, Lesean Mccoy, Brian Westbrook, Jeremy Maclin.

So if we do take Spiller or another RB/WR in the later rounds, you have to think they really LOVE him.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Carriker trade could also be a sign that Shaun Rogers may have been trade bait to move up....

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Just going out on a limb here..
1.)The Jets will try to trade for the first five picks in the draft using only Kellon Clemmens.
2.)We will have to sit through a half hour segment about the Jets and how great they are.
3.)The Browns trade down with Seattle..allowing them to make back to back picks where they take Berry and OT or Claussen and OT..we get the 14th and their 2nd next year..not sure of the value chart for the rest.
4.)The Browns will package Rogers and Jackson to Tennessee and a pick to get Trent Williams at 16
5.)The Browns come out of this draft with either McCoy or Tebow
I could do this all day..LOL

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

Thursday night kicks off the 3-day extravaganza known as the NFL draft. For those fans of lousy teams, this is often the happiest time of year. For the NFL movers and shakers, this is the season of sending covert messages and reading between lines that may or may not be blurred.

Every year I like to throw some spaghetti at the wall and see what all sticks. Some of these are undercooked, some covered in sauce, and some will stick together nicely.

1. All the pre-draft hype about Jimmy Clausen and Dez Bryant plummeting in shock and embarrassment out of the top 20 will be proven foolish by the time the 12th pick is made. Remember last year when most everyone had Andre Smith in the 20s at this point in the process? I never moved him from #6 to the Bengals, and I based that on first-hand knowledge that teams don’t radically shift draft boards late in the process either.

2. Of the 32 1st round slots, just 15 of the selections will be picked by the teams currently occupying those slots, as of Monday afternoon. At least 8 of the 10 picks between 16-25 will be dealt--2 of those for 2011 first round picks as part (or all) of the compensation. And no picks above #7 will be dealt.

3. ESPN’s coverage will not go more than eight minutes without showing or mentioning Tim Tebow on Thursday. At least two near fistfights break out over how Tebow will fare in the NFL. For his part, Tebow will constantly grin and be congenial, which will only make haters in the live audience hate him and jeer more. He will be picked no later than #30 overall.

4. At least two fairly prominent current players will be dealt before Friday ends. Albert Haynesworth and Ben Roethlisberger will not be among them. A current Buffalo Bill will be one of them, and they will be on the receiving end as well, acquiring current Dolphins QB Tyler Thigpen.

5. The New England Patriots will trade out of every draft slot they currently occupy above the 6th round. They will select at least two players that, if the Raiders or Jaguars picked them would be soundly pilloried, but because it’s the Patriots they will be lauded for their “innovative vision”...and one of those will wind up making New England look brilliant three years from now.

6. Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden will both froth at the mouth over every single quarterback taken after the 3rd round, pronouncing each and every one a “potential future star” with “great fundamentals” and “outstanding intangibles”. At least half those QBs will fail to ever take a regular season snap, but it won’t stop either of those two from doing the exact same thing next year, either.

7. There will be great discussion about the critical importance of left tackles, and not once will these little tidbits ever get mentioned: the last 1st round tackle to win a Super Bowl was Tarik Glenn of the Colts, and the last Pro Bowl left tackle (not an alternate that got to go via injury, as Glenn was) to win a Super Bowl was Jonathan Ogden of the 2000 Ravens. Just three of the last 17 Super Bowl winners have featured a Pro Bowl left tackle; the only position with less Pro Bowl representation on Super Bowl winners is right guard, also with three.

8. Two players that most everyone expects to be first round picks that will fall to at least the 40s: Patrick Robinson and Jermaine Gresham. Two surprise first round picks that will visibly shake up Todd McShay: Chris Cook and Colt McCoy.

9. Most likely to have the Steve A. $mith draft coverage moment: Cris Carter. If you don’t know, $mith is a NBA writer (an excellent writer, btw) who during draft night coverage a few years ago was taken aback when the Seattle Sonics drafted Robert Swift in the middle of the first round. They were showing highlights of Swift in action and $mith had no idea that Swift was white, nor did $mith hide his disdain for Seattle choosing a gawky white teenager.

10. Most everyone agrees that the first four picks are pretty much set in stone. Here’s four others that I believe you can chisel as well, assuming the players are still available at that time: Joe Haden going #13, C.J. Spiller going #14, Rolando McClain going #15, and Ryan Mathews going #20. That last one assumes Kyle Wilson is off the board, however. I believe the Giants will trade up from #15 to ensure they can select McClain.

11. Speaking of Ryan Mathews, he has to be praying that Pittsburgh takes Kyle Wilson at #19. The Texans would prefer Wilson over him, and if Mathews doesn’t go to the Texans at #20 he could fall as far as Detroit’s pick at #34. The Chargers prefer Jahvid Best to fill their RB needs, though I don’t think they’re standing pat for a RB.

12. Over/under on the number of times Chris Berman mentions Brett Favre’s status: 27.5. Over/under on number of references to Mel Kiper Jr.’s hair: 12.5. Over/under on number of 1st round picks Gil Brandt successfully predicts: 28.5. If you have Sirius, you absolutely must mute the television and listen to Brandt, Pat Kirwan, and the other fine folks on Channel 124.

13. There will be just one kicker or punter selected before the 6th round, and it will be East Carolina punter Matt Dodge. This is the weakest year for specialists in a long time.

14. With Ernie Sims now in Philadelphia, you will be constantly reminded that the Lions no longer have one player on their roster that they drafted between 2002 and 2006. What you won’t hear is that they have drafted eight quality starters (nine if Kevin Smith comes back) in the last two years...and that’s before they take Ndamukong Suh. Granted I’m using the term “quality” relative to the crappola that Matt Millen brought in, but the Lions are clearly on the way up.

15. Oakland will shock everyone once again by choosing a stud athlete in the first round much higher than anyone expected that player to go. But this year it won’t be as big of a reach when they select Taylor Mays. Don’t forget that Al Davis has a 30+ year hard-on for USC players, and Mays is the most physically freakish prospect I’ve ever seen. There’s your mock draft teaser, Michael...

16. Two teams that will trade up in the 1st round from their current picks: Philadelphia and Seattle. The Eagles will jump up and take a safety, likely Earl Thomas. Seattle will move up from their pick at #14 and ensure they get CJ Spiller; Miami at #12 makes them nervous enough about Spiller for Pete Carroll to deal with Jacksonville, which is desperate to trade down.

17. Number of times you will hear Chiefs GM Scot Pioli talked about as a highly successful protégé of Bill Belichick: at least three for every pick they make. Number of current NFL starters produced from Pioli’s last four draft classes beyond the first rounders (three in New England, one in KC): four--including two kickers, far and away the worst in the league of anyone choosing in all four years. Number of times you’ll hear that mentioned by ESPN: maybe one.

18. Two teams that few expect have much interest in quarterbacks will spend at least a 3rd round pick or higher on a QB: Cincinnati and New Orleans. The Bengals prediction is predicated upon them not trading for Jason Campbell, a deal I would make in a heartbeat but looks less likely with each passing day.

19. The Carolina Panthers will continue their tradition of dealing their first round pick from the following year, trading that pick to move up and select Colt McCoy in the last five picks of the first round. That might not seem like enough on its own, but bear in mind Carolina is widely viewed as being in the beginning stages of a rebuild and that ’11 pick could very well be in the top 5.

20. Three non-BCS names to watch for on Friday night, a lot earlier than most people think: Linval Joseph, DT, East Carolina; Torrell Troup, DT, Central Florida; Austen Lane, DE, Murray State. The #1 knock on all three is level of competition, and savvy GMs know that seldom limits defensive linemen with both athleticism and fundamentals, which all three possess.

21. Just because the Chicago Bears don’t have any selections in the first two rounds, don’t think that Bears fans have no reason to watch said rounds. As proven the past couple of years, GM Jerry Angelo has no qualms about dealing future #1 picks to jump up and take a player he wants. Packaging Greg Olsen can get them a few spots higher than just a 1st as well. Two names to keep an eye on for Chicago in the 25-40 range: Morgan Burnett and Devin McCourty.

22. Three players that were in every preseason top 50 prospect list will go undrafted: Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky; George Selvie, DE, South Florida; Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss. Someone needs to explain to me how a South Florida defense with Jason Pierre-Paul, Jerome Murphy, Nate Allen, and Kion Wilson--three top 50 picks and a top 150 pick, plus Selvie, could rank just 31st in scoring defense, tied with my NFL prospect-less (apologies to Thad Turner) Ohio Bobcats. Reminds me of NC State a few years back with Mario Williams, John McCargo, Manny Lawson, and Dajuan Morgan, which produced one stud and a whole lot of high-pick disappointment.

23. Two teams that are currently in the first round that I believe will not make a first round pick: Dallas and Minnesota. Fret not, Vikings and Cowboys fans, because the player pool between spots 20 and 50 is essentially interchangeable.

24. The draft value of high-character players such as Myron Rolle, Dominique Franks, Tebow, and Jordan Shipley will get them all selected at least 25 picks higher than they would go in a normal year based strictly on their on-field potential. Players with character questions that aren’t elite talents are going to be very disappointed with their draft slots--especially if Roethlisberger gets nailed with more than a 4-game suspension. Talent does not good when it can’t stay on the field, and even the Bengals and Raiders know and believe that.

25. My pick for Mr. Irrelevant this year is Steve Maneri, TE, Temple. Other picks I’ve seen in the pool I’m in: Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan; Keiland Williams, RB, LSU; Ramon Harewood, T, Morehouse; Noah Shepard, QB, South Dakota; and Kerry Meier, WR, Kansas

web page

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
1st String
1st String
5 predictions

1) Browns trade DQ and third round pick #85 to KC to move up two spots in the first round to select Eric Berry. I figure RAC loves DQ and would push Pioli to make the swap.
2) Al Davis selects C. J. Spiller and throws the draft gurus into another tailspin. Spiller is fast. Enough said.
3) Clausen goes into a free fall and is selected by the Vikings at #30.
4) Browns draft Jameson Konz, TE/FB, Kent State with their final pick of the draft in round 6.
5) Colt McCoy is on the board when the Browns pick comes up in the second round and they pass on him. They take Kafka from Northwestern instead in round 5.

[color:"red"]"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
---Leonardo daVinci
Legend
Legend
What about us trading DQ (which would make me sad since I like the guy, but I understand why we would) to move up in the 2nd to ensure we get Colt?

I see a lot of talk about us using him to move around in the first. But I have to think there are a lot of teams who believe we will take Colt with our 2nd rounder and may trade ahead of us.

JMHO

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
All Pro
All Pro
My worst nightmare...

Tebow drops like a rock until he's at a level where he's just too good to pass by. We absolutely have to pull the trigger on him. Not a bad thing, mind you, but then the media machine starts up and turns him into the be all and end all savior of Browns football. Instant QB controversy.

My silver lining in this? He sees that he's mired behind two veterans for playing time so he gets on board with lining up at TE some, and sets the field on fire.

Hey, it could happen. Stranger things than that happen all the time in Berea.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
Legend
Legend
Then we could have a special offense that would confuse the hell out of everyone .... including the fans, announcers, and opponents. (but hopefully, not our team)

Delhomme under Center ..... Wallace at WR ... Cribbs at RB .... and Tebow at H-Back ...... Mucho motion at the snap, and someone winds up with the ball ..... someone who has played QB before ..... and they complete a long bomb to another former QB ..... or hit a wide open former QB ...... or something. lol

It would be interesting to see anyway.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
All Pro
All Pro
Problem is I'd keep hearing "Entry of The Gladiators " in my head every time the line got set. That would be OK as long as it wasn't signaling another clown parade.

P
Legend
Legend
P
1. DQ won't be traded in the draft because he hasn't signed his tender. Unless he signs it before the draft, we CAN'T trade him!

2. Rogers won't be traded because with a suspension looming, you won't get sqwat for him so you'd be giving him away! No real value so at that point he's worth more to us than it would be giving him away.

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

1. DQ won't be traded in the draft because he hasn't signed his tender. Unless he signs it before the draft, we CAN'T trade him!

*****We'd be surprised how fast we can fax a contract & how fast he would sign a deal if we found a trade partner.

2. Rogers won't be traded because with a suspension looming, you won't get sqwat for him so you'd be giving him away! No real value so at that point he's worth more to us than it would be giving him away.

*****Rogers isnt a every down player anyway, a team who is thinking they are gonna be in contension come November might just look at his 2-3-4 game suspension as time for him to rest and be ready for when they need him in november for a playoff push....Wonder if Jets would like him on thier line come mid november - December ?

Just saying.....things can happen fast if they want it to happen...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well, "they" is the big question here.

Does DQ want to make it easy on the Browns or does he want to force their hand? Does he really want out of Cleveland or just get paid?

Does our FO really want to trade him at this juncture for a third rounder or less? Do we have the LB'er core to make it practical for us to dump him on the cheap this year?

What other teams really want DQ? Does he fit their system? Is he an improvement to THEIR LB'ing core?

So you'd have to get a lot of "them's" on the same page in short order.

And Rogers. Will he be playing 14 games or 16 games? You really feel a team can do guesswork on that when making an offer?

I'm just saying these things seem to be far less likely with each passing moment than they are likely. Not saying they "won't happen", but if I had to make an educated guess at this point in time I see it being far less likely.

jmho

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Since it's for S&G's:

Browns Trade Up to #1 by sending our #7, Big Baby and a 3rd to the Rams.
They select Suh with Bradford still on the board.
Forcing McCoy to fall to them in the 2nd.
They get Taylor Mayes in the 3rd round...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Since it's for S&G's:

Now that's a bold prediction. Half of the posters on this board would be jumping for joy, the other have going up in spontaneous combustion.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Since it's for S&G's:

I'm pretty sure I just wet myself at the thought of having:

1. N. Suh
2. C. Mccoy
3. T. Mays

My bold predictions:

Carlos Dunlap will not be drafted in the 1st round

Tim Tebow WILL be drafted in the 2nd round or higher

Rolando Mcclain will be a top 10 pick

My boy Damian Williams will be a Brown

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

My boy Damian Williams will be a Brown

but in what round?

(i personally think there's not a great chance he actually lasts to the 3rd round no matter where mock drafts have him ranked)

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Going into the off-season I thought Williams was a borderline 1st round pick. What has happened to make him drop?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maurkice Pouncey will be a top 20 pick.
Tim Tebow will be a 1st rounder.
Six offensive tackles will go in Round 1.
Bruce Campbell will not be a 1st rounder.
5 pass rushers will be picked in the 1st.
Carlos Dunlap won't be a 1st rounder.
Four cornerbacks will go in the 1st.
Taylor Mays will not be a 1st rounder.

N
Legend
Legend
N
and now for the best players to pick in the 1st round. you might notice a theme of defense and OT.

Suh (won't get D-ROY because of stats, but will be best D-rookie)
Berry
Haden
Earl Thomas
Rolando McClain
Okung
Trent Williams
Anthony Davis
Derrick Morgan
Brandon Graham

The non-OT and non-Defense division:
Markice Pouncey
Ryan Matthews

The surpise 1st round pick:
Jerry Hughes (Jets @ 29)

Quote:

Let's start with the bad picks. I'll put up some of the better ones tomorrow.

1st round pick busts:

Claussen
Bruce Campbell
Dem. Thomas
J. Pierre-Paul
Everson Griffen
Taylor Mays (though initially he's a success ala Roy Williams)
Kyle Wilson (again, initially he may be successful, but he'll be exposed for gambling too much ala Cromartie)
Roger Saffold (yes, there will be 7 OTs taken in the 1st round)

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Bold Draft Predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard