Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
I've gone back and forth this preseason. Somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7.

The O will be much improved. We can run over (literally) anyone. And we will be able to pass (sorta -- but much improved from last year). We pulled off 5 wins last year, so we have to be better than that, right.

So I've convinced myself we will be better, but it may not translate fully to the scoreboard. I've said we have 8-8 talent on this team, but we lack speed on defense (outside of Haden, who WILL make rookie mistakes).

So bottom line, win some, lose some more... 6-10.

Original Dawg Talkers Pick'ems Champion

Dawg Talk Member Since: 08/24/01
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't put much stock in the preseason games because they're not game planning but practicing vs. some healthy competition instead of against their own team.

But if Bernie Kosar knows anything about the QB position and offense in general then his comments about Jake recognizing the defense and changing protections pre-snap and thus completing passes because of it, then that is something we had none of last season. And the accuracy from Jake was something else we had none of last season. I know we were throwing short a lot of the time. In fact, I don't remember anything farther than 20 yards all preseason. But we were moving the chains and having sustained drives. I realize it won't be as easy come the regular season but we had none of that even in the preseason last year. Quinn did tear it up vs. the Lions last year but that was an aberration to the norm.

He also commented on our offensive formations and what Dabol was getting out of them. He sounded very favorable regarding that. Perhaps that was just a result of the preseason as well. But that wasn't happening last season either.

The experience and accuracy at the QB position HAS to count for something. It is clearly an upgrade as it looks to this point anyway.

I realize that our linebackers are lacking in major ways but no one can convince me that they're sub-par to what we trotted out there last year. I know they didn't look so great in the preseason but it was the preseason and they were just practicing, (like the opposition's defenses were that made our offense look unstoppable).

DL is a wash.

I'm calling the front 7 upgraded.

Our cornerback position went from a severe liability to a strength. That too has to count for something. We've become more physical along with having better coverage. The cornerbacks playing more physical along with Ward at safety should help stop the run as well. We'll likely be just as vulnerable because of a lack of safety coverage but in all other respects our secondary should be improved.

I'm calling our secondary upgraded.

The OL is improved. Slightly on the right, but improved nonetheless.

TE is improved.

WR should be slightly improved individually as MoMass and Robo are in their second season along with better QB play. But after that I see the TE's and RB's bailing us out a lot.

RB is a wash. Hardesty going down really put the damper on what we expected out of our running attack. I don't see us running over everybody but we should be able to run with some success. Add in a better passing game and we should be balanced enough to run when we need to.

Coaching: a second year together as a staff along with Mangini focusing on coaching rather than trying to be the BigShow should improve overall. Having Gaskill and Holmgren as mentors should help as well. There will still be questionable gametime calls but I'm expecting better coaching across the board.

Tough ass schedule. It will offset a lot of the improvements and upgrades. This team needs to work together for a year and then add more talent next offseason.

Prediction: I feel we'll be lucky to go 5-11 again. If a lot of balls bounce our way then maybe 7-9. If hell freezes over, then 8-8. If all our opponents forfeit all the games vs. the Browns then 9-7, because we will still find a way to lose 7 of those games.

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
jc...

As with every season, I expect to win every game. However, since I know thats not very likely, this season I would be perfectly okay with a .500 record. We were a PI call away from a sixth win last season, and lost another on a field goal as overtime expired...both very winnable games. I see no reason why 8-8 is unachievable when it appears, to me at least, that there are no areas where we've regressed, and several notable spots where we've gotten better.

Legend
Legend
We will win atleast 6 games FOR SURE! The maximum # of wins I'm not sure.. Really depends on how we play against the AFC North. I say max though of 9 wins.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
S
Legend
Legend
S
here's a question. the average prediction in this thread is about 6-7 wins.

assuming that, does mangini keep his job?

everyone predicts 6-7 wins now, but come the season, some will be screaming when we lose 10 games, even though they may have predicted that.

in my opinion, barring another 1-11 start or something similiar, i would like to see mangini get a third year.

i just hate, and think it's unfair that the guy's job may hinge on a quarterback who's 35-36 and just came off his worst season ever, coupled with a defense that is still a project.

F
Legend
Legend
F
I think the Mangini's job is dependent on the play of the team, not wins or losses.

If the team plays hard, strong, comes out on the losing end he may survive. If the team seems to quit on him or is just plain bad then he may be shown the doors.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I honestly can't believe the "we've regressed" comments. We have adressed some huge holes this off-season.

Linebackers, while not stunning is greatly improved. Roth is a legit play-maker and nasty .... I'm thinking Clay Mattews. Bernard could be great and Gocong and Fujita are obvious upgrades. We are most definitely better than last year.

Secondary is a MAJOR upgrade. I have no idea how you can miss this. Sheldon is a HUMONGOUS upgrade over McD and his presence will improve Wright's performance immensely. Haden in as Nickle could be the most dramatic improvement this year (over Poteat). Ward has already impressed. I think this unit is ready for a huge year. I can't believe I'm seemingly alone on this.

Backfield is a major improvement as well. Lewis was playing on fumes. Harrisson, for some reason, just can't get any respect. We loved this guy at the end of last year. He was awesome even when opponents were basically told "we're running, guys." Hillis is going to have a great year as well. A pass catching bulldozer. Davis finally gets to do his thing. He was going to be great last year and now for some reason, he's lucky to make the team. I don't get it. Backfield is a HUGE improvement.

Receiver is a question but I really believe that they're better than it appears. I believe it when the coaches were saying that they were getting open last year and the QBs couldn't hit them. Stuckey will have a much better season and everyone of them will benefit from a stable QB situation for once. Worst case scenario is more uneven play but certainly not worse.

TE. Please. Watson over Royal. Please.

OL. Right side is a HUGE upgrade. Pashos over St Clair is like having an additional player on the line. Lauvao is going to be solid too.

DE is at worst, the same as last year.

QB. Even if JD totally implodes, Wallace is better than anything we've had here in years. And if JD returns to his previous state (before the breakdown), we're looking at the best QB we've had in a looong time.

I just don't see how some of you can be predicting a regression or even the same. We are a MUCH better football team both physically and mentally.

I say 8 wins only because of the brutal schedule.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Adam Shein(sp) of NFL Network has guaranteed anything short of a 10 win season and a payoff birth will be the end of Mangini and the beginning of a Gruden era. His hatred for Mangini runs deep though and he likes making outrageous claims anyway.

I think we'll all know by the end of the season if Mangini stays without MH saying a word, MH isn't going to shock anybody with this.

I too would like to see Mangini have a real chance in Cleveland and I think he will. The way he was able to pull this team together last year with the unusual amount of adversity that surrounded him speaks volumes.

S
Legend
Legend
S
i agree though, that if mangini is gone, gruden is the guy. i am one of those, maybe in the minority, that doesn't think holmgren wants any part of coming back to the sidelines. too much responsibility, i don't think he wants that burden.

Legend
Legend
I agree that Holmgren isn't returning to the sidelines.

I'm sick of all of the talk about removing Mangini, however. Dude hasn't ever gotten a fair chance in this town (except from Holmgren, perhaps).

I was not a fan of the hiring, and I certainly was not a fan of his mid way through last season, but I'm fully on board with his approach to things now. Anyone who can get a team to keep fighting and playing as hard as they did at the end of last year's lost cause of a season IS doing things the RIGHT WAY.

As for Chucky..... I am NOT on that bandwagon at all unless we're guaranteed that he will have no say in any offensive moves, whatsoever. The dude wouldn't know what a quarterback is if it bit him on the ass.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

jc...

As with every season, I expect to win every game. However, since I know thats not very likely, this season I would be perfectly okay with a .500 record. We were a PI call away from a sixth win last season, and lost another on a field goal as overtime expired...both very winnable games. I see no reason why 8-8 is unachievable when it appears, to me at least, that there are no areas where we've regressed, and several notable spots where we've gotten better.

At this level of football, I agree, only to modify the statement to say, I expect to AT LEAST COMPETE in every game. I can't get myself to expect to WIN EVERY one, but at a minimum, I don't think it's too much to expect a certain degree of professionalism from these men every week.

Legend
Legend
If we were to go with a new coach for some reason, and Gruden was it ..... man ... get ready for the roller coaster.

Look at his tenture with the Bucs.

2002: Super Bowl
2003: 3rd place (7-9)
2004: 4th place (5-11)
2005: 2nd place (11-5)
2006: 4th place (4-12)
2007: 1st place (9-7)
2008: 3rd place (9-7)

He also put in place the powerhouse team that went 3-13 last year.

Personally, I don't want to ride on a yo yo. I want a coach who will build the team and keep it strong and competitive. Gruden also forced out Rick McCay as GM in Tampa Bay so that he could control personnel. Wonder how that would go over here?

I think we have the right coach in place, and I want him here next year, period. The only way I would want him out is if the team completely quit on him. I don't see that happening though.

I like Mangini because he is a solid Xs and Os guy. He is an excellent motivator. He is a disciplinarian. He does not make panic decisions. He stands his ground, but does seem willing to take advice.

I hope he is out head coach for the next 15 years.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
It's good to see that I'm not alone on the Anti-Chucky boat. The only talent that I've seen in him is his ability to turn red on the sideline, I haven't been impressed with his teams at all.... and no, I do not give him credit for that 2002 team, just like I don't give Tomlin credit for the team that he rode to the Super Bowl.

Quote:

I hope he is out head coach for the next 15 years.

As long as we continue to see the TEAM that we've been seeing, the guys playing freaking hard as hell.... I'd be on board with that because that level of stability is the only thing that will eventually bring us continued and consistent success.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm at the point that I don't want to see Mangini gone even if we lose. Like someone said above, the rally last season speaks volumes and it's just a matter of time for these guys to get the right players.

From preseason the only coach I can see on a hot seat is Ryan. AND I'm not sure he even deserves that.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I agree that Holmgren isn't returning to the sidelines.

I'm sick of all of the talk about removing Mangini, however. Dude hasn't ever gotten a fair chance in this town (except from Holmgren, perhaps).

I was not a fan of the hiring, and I certainly was not a fan of his mid way through last season, but I'm fully on board with his approach to things now. Anyone who can get a team to keep fighting and playing as hard as they did at the end of last year's lost cause of a season IS doing things the RIGHT WAY.

As for Chucky..... I am NOT on that bandwagon at all unless we're guaranteed that he will have no say in any offensive moves, whatsoever. The dude wouldn't know what a quarterback is if it bit him on the ass.

Just like you, I was luke warm on Mangini hire in the first place.. and wasn't his biggest fan in the middle of the season, but I saw what he did.. I noticed that he almost willed this team to win and the players responded.. and won.

There is a hell of a lot more to Mangini than any of us really thought.. Holmgren isn't keep him here for any other reason than he believes in him..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
S
Rookie
Rookie
S
Will we stop the run? Don't see it happening consistantly... Can we pressure the QB? Can't see it happening consistantly... Can our secondary consistatnly cover any set of wide recievers for 4 to 5 or more seconds? don't see it happening... We are far from strong in the middle of the D... A huge negative... Can we run the ball consistantly for 30+ crarries and game for 150 per? Don't see it happening... Can we protect the QB consistantly for at least 3.5 to 4 seconds? Don't see that happening... We have streaky has been, on the way out QB who is a pick machine @ QB, and a short "athlete" fill in at best behind him, with a questionable rookie behind him... I'm already in the cellar knowing that 4-6 wins is another real and probable possibility even with our weak ass schedule... WE SUCK AGAIN THIS FRICKEN YEAR.

"A mans character is his fate..." Heraclitus
O
Legend
Legend
O
AkronJoe is that you?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Yeah, our o-line sucks.

Thomas - The Tank Engine
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Worst case: We start out slow and drop the first tow to some bad teams, then we run through a gauntlet of Playoff teams and MH is wearing the headset after the bye week and we are watching the University of Washington to see what our future QB is going to look like.

Best case: We start out hot win the first two, play tough and win some during the gauntlet run. Go .500 in the division and end up around 8-8.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

He also put in place the powerhouse team that went 3-13 last year.

I agree with most of the rest of your post, but to be fair to Gruden, after he was let go, they decided to completely go with the youth movement and got rid of a bunch of veterans in order to bottom out and build the team up (the correct decision for them, but it's hard to put the blame of the record on Chuckie after they went that route).

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
7-9
bicker bicker nicker bicker bicker bicker bicker

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

5-11 Very tough schedule this year

A Steelers fan prediction. Enough said.

I say 8-8 is not unreasonable.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.. Why the attack?

A Steeler fan giving an opinion about the Browns? Don't you think you should worry about your own team? You just might as well say we suck. You are no different than any other Steeler fan on this board.

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I'm already in the cellar knowing that 4-6 wins is another real and probable possibility even with our weak ass schedule... WE SUCK AGAIN THIS FRICKEN YEAR.

You lost all credibility with this comment. Our schedule is anything but weak. We had the number 8 rushing team last year behind our bad Oline..........

Oh yeah...Rogers and Rubin are some real weaklings........

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Just to give you one reason why the average is 6 to 7 wins.

We were a 1-11 team at one point last year. And at times we played worse than that. We weren't close to being even respectable.

Then we won 4 games against teams that didn't make the playoffs with weather playing a major factor in a few of the games.

That's just how it is.

Have we improved? Yeah I think we have.

I don't put too much stock in rookie play though...example Alex Mack for the first 10 games or so last year. Do I expect Lauvao, Haden and Ward to struggle mightily at times. I absolutely do.

But I've been impressed with what Delhomme has brought, a certain je ne sais quoi professionalism that I haven't seen in a long while.

We're not a playoff team but we should battle and not beat ourselves regularly. That's why the tempered expectations for most here IMO.

[Linked Image]
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Quote:

I don't put much stock in the preseason games because they're not game planning but practicing vs. some healthy competition instead of against their own team.

But if Bernie Kosar knows anything about the QB position and offense in general then his comments about Jake recognizing the defense and changing protections pre-snap and thus completing passes because of it, then that is something we had none of last season. And the accuracy from Jake was something else we had none of last season. I know we were throwing short a lot of the time. In fact, I don't remember anything farther than 20 yards all preseason. But we were moving the chains and having sustained drives. I realize it won't be as easy come the regular season but we had none of that even in the preseason last year. Quinn did tear it up vs. the Lions last year but that was an aberration to the norm.

He also commented on our offensive formations and what Dabol was getting out of them. He sounded very favorable regarding that. Perhaps that was just a result of the preseason as well. But that wasn't happening last season either.

The experience and accuracy at the QB position HAS to count for something. It is clearly an upgrade as it looks to this point anyway.

I realize that our linebackers are lacking in major ways but no one can convince me that they're sub-par to what we trotted out there last year. I know they didn't look so great in the preseason but it was the preseason and they were just practicing, (like the opposition's defenses were that made our offense look unstoppable).

DL is a wash.

I'm calling the front 7 upgraded.

Our cornerback position went from a severe liability to a strength. That too has to count for something. We've become more physical along with having better coverage. The cornerbacks playing more physical along with Ward at safety should help stop the run as well. We'll likely be just as vulnerable because of a lack of safety coverage but in all other respects our secondary should be improved.

I'm calling our secondary upgraded.

The OL is improved. Slightly on the right, but improved nonetheless.

TE is improved.

WR should be slightly improved individually as MoMass and Robo are in their second season along with better QB play. But after that I see the TE's and RB's bailing us out a lot.

RB is a wash. Hardesty going down really put the damper on what we expected out of our running attack. I don't see us running over everybody but we should be able to run with some success. Add in a better passing game and we should be balanced enough to run when we need to.

Coaching: a second year together as a staff along with Mangini focusing on coaching rather than trying to be the BigShow should improve overall. Having Gaskill and Holmgren as mentors should help as well. There will still be questionable gametime calls but I'm expecting better coaching across the board.

Tough ass schedule. It will offset a lot of the improvements and upgrades. This team needs to work together for a year and then add more talent next offseason.

Prediction: I feel we'll be lucky to go 5-11 again. If a lot of balls bounce our way then maybe 7-9. If hell freezes over, then 8-8. If all our opponents forfeit all the games vs. the Browns then 9-7, because we will still find a way to lose 7 of those games.

Good post ddubia,

I'll chime in with my prediction;

@ TB- W Regrdless of this being thier home game I see the Browns dominating this team the way the Steelers Dominated the Browns in the home opener of '07 which sent Frye to a new team.

vs KC - W KC has not made enough of an improvement during the off season and the pick up of EB in the draft is not going to make the team leap into playoff contention.

@ Bal - L Tough battle in a high scoring game on thier turf and the Browns first loss.

vs Cinci - W Palmer may have a ton of weapons but ours start getting thier feet under them fast after being pushed by the Ravens WR's.

vs Atl - W This one will test every players ability to stay focused on the game and not get overconfident. It will be close again.

@ Pitt - W Rothlesburg is going to rusty and they are by no strech the team of even a year ago. The weels are coming off in Pittsburgh.

@ N.O. - L Travel begins to show it's wear on the team and they drop a difficult game to the reigning champs.

BYE -

vs- Pats - W Pats seem to be coming apart in the same fashion as Pitt is. Browns will have the opportunity to take advantage of this turn of the tide.

vs Jets - W Although I am sure everyone is absolutely giving this one to the Jets I think Rob Ryans pride, and the fact that it is a home game, will be major factor in the outcome of this game. I favor the Browns and dominant D.

@ Jags - L The team will be spent from the previous weeks game with the Jets and drop this one.

vs Panthers - W Delohmme, like Ryan vs the Jets, will have something to prove. Once again the Browns will have home field advantage.

@ Miami - W Ryans significantly improved D will overpower the Miami "Wildcat". Also Miami appears to be in somewhat of a rebuilding state.

@ Buffalo - W The only upgrade the Bills have truly accomplished is the addition of Spiller. The coaching staff are new and they lost thier starting right gaurd. This is a team in flux and the Browns will dominate this game.

@ Cinci - L Between Cincinnati's desire to keep the Browns from sweeping them this year and this being the Browns third road game, the team drops this one.

vs Balt - W This will be a nail bitter and will likely be won on the foot of Dawson.

vs Pitt - W! The Browns will sweep Pitt this year for the first time since the November 10th game in 1988.

Yea I know 12-4 might be a bit of a stretch, but what they hey. I always did preffer hanging out with the cheerleaders on a losing team, always being optomistic.

As opposed to sitting around with a bunch of depressing people crying about how woe is me, we'll never be in the playoffs or see a superbowl.

Some of the talking heads have teams going to the playoffs and Superbowl and they don't even know who the starting QB is, ie NFL Live commentators praising DA as the new savior of the Cardinals and how he now will be able to be the Pro Bowl QB that he was in '07.

Forgetting the fact that the only reason he went to PB was because he was an injury replacement for Tom Brady. You don't hear much about "almost" pro bowlers.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth.

Go Browns whatever the outcome!!!

Hears to hoping Dorsey is the Browns Ozzie Newsome.
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I just don't see how some of you can be predicting a regression or even the same. We are a MUCH better football team both physically and mentally.

Much better than what? Arguably one of the worst offenses in NFL history?

Look, we got lucky at the end of the year with a creampuff schedule. We've got two of them right off the bat this year. If we go 2-0 ... who knows?

We may have been 5-11 last year ... but we were lucky to win five. Really lucky.

I think we'll see strides this year ... I'd be very happy if we won more than 6.

Legend
Legend
Pfft... I can count five wins at the end of our schedule, and two at the start.

Throw in winning a couple of tough ones and perhaps stealing one and we're sitting at 9-7.

Browns is the Browns

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Pfft... I can count five wins at the end of our schedule

NE
NYG
JAC
CAR
MIA
BUF
CIN
BAL
PIT

Which ones are you counting?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

NE
NYG
JAC
CAR
MIA
BUF
CIN
BAL
PIT

Jacksonville ...
Carolina ...
Buffalo ...
Cincinnati ...
Baltimore ...
Pittsburgh ... are all potential wins.

The problem with trying to figure out what games we could win is that we have no idea what effect injuries (for one thing) will have on a team. Weather could also be a determinig factor in the Baltimore and Pittsburgh games.

Does this mean that we will close the seaosn on a 6 game winning streak? Probably not. Could we close out winning 4 of 6? I think that's a definite possibility.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Every game is a 'potential win'. But I doubt we're going to beat a lot of those teams ... doesn't mean we couldn't ... but I'd be happy to take three of the eight.

Our passing game is bad.

Our pass rush is bad.

I don't see much reason to believe we can effectively stop the run.

It would have to be no mistake, Cinderella story football for us to win eight IMO. But that could easily happen. 9-7 is a distinct possibility. But so is 4-12.

Legend
Legend
Our passing game has been very good so far. How will it be in the regular season ..... who knows?

Our pass rush has been anemic so far. Will it remain the same in the regular season? Don't know. Last year we managed to generate a pass rush in the 2nd half of the season, so hopefully we'll do it again. We should. We have upgraded the secondary and added a pass rusher at LB in Gocong. Benard proved to be an effective pass rusher as well.

Stopping the run will be something to watch. Hopefully Rubin in the middle will help. Subtracting Whimbley could help as well. Adding a Safety who doesn't mind tackling in Ward might help also.

These might not help immediately, but by the middle of the year this defense could start getting better and better.

I don't see 4-12. I think that a lot would have to go wrong for that to happen. I think that 6-8 wins is the most likely possibility .... with 10 as an "if everything goes right" kind of senario.

I think that the first 4 weeks will tell us a lot about the team on both sides of the ball. There's some bad and some good in the first 4 opponents.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A lot of good posts. Quite frankly, I think most of us see what we see. I believe that the consensus is 6 - 8 wins. I tend to agree with that, if we get a few injuries in key positions.. we are screwed. IMO, it's the same old refrain.. we don't have quality depth

Okay, at random,

So far, I like the Holgren Heckert team.. I think the JB fiasco was badly handled tho..

While I'm not wild about Mangini, I think we should back this guy and be behind him. We can evaluate him after the season is done

OFFENSE.. I don't think it's as bad as some say and I don't think it is as good as some say. We play in the AFC North, we need to run the ball and stop the run. Since Hardesty is gone, Jerome looks like he is going to get the carries. To be honest, I DO like the work we've gotten from Hillis. I have no clue what to expect from Davis.. for anyone to say he's gonna be hot stuff is just speculating

WR Eh, we dont have anyone that scares Def Coords.

If we keep JD and his jersey clean he might be able to manage games and win we'll see

I will say this, and I think it is big time.. IF Shaun Rogers plays like he has done before in Cleveland, we instantly have a legit DL. IMO a healthy, mean SR is worth every penny you pay the man.

We wanted outfielders and we drafted them. The question is did we improve that unit?

ST.. I think we have some of the best in the league. Losing Zastudil is a serious blow.. freaking big loss.. thats all about field position.

4 - pessimistic

6 - realistic

8 - Optimistic

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
offense: will be better by about 5 clicks
defense: better by about one click

6-10 and Mangini gets one more year

Legend
Legend
Me being from Atlanta, and knowing what goes on there, I think we can beat the Falcons... It won't be easy, but I think it will be one the Browns can win at the end of regulation.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

NE
NYG
JAC
CAR
MIA
BUF
CIN
BAL
PIT

Jacksonville
Carolina
Miami
Buffalo

..and pick any one from the last three, with Pittsburgh as the most likely. There's no way we end on a three game skid against division opponents.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4 wins= Pessimistic
5 wins= Cautiously Pessimistic
6-7 wins= Realistic
8-9 wins= Cautiously Optimistic
10 or more= Very Optimistic.

With all the new presents still under rap under the wishing tree.
At this point put me down for;
On the fence between Realistic and leaning towards Cautiously Optimistic.

Oh yeah, and I hope that there is a present under rap that will allow me to sit threw a complete game.
Unlike the 1st twelve from last season, win or no win......

As a Team we need to compete each and ever week and let the rest of the league be aware that we are no longer an automatic (W).

I do not think..... you can worry about the schedule based on last years standings.
Yes you have those teams who are there in the 2nd season year after year, but not all playoff teams make it back there the following year and for many different reasons.

That's what makes it a new chapter year in and year out and that chapter is still a blank in my book.

Dawgs R U ready for some football! Woof! Woof!

[Linked Image]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

a certain je ne sais quoi professionalism

Dude.....very impressive.

Of course, half the guys on here think you just called Jake a name in French.....

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Legend
Legend
But technically.. a certain 'I don't know what' professionalism... doesn't make sense.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

But technically.. a certain 'I don't know what' professionalism... doesn't make sense.

x2

"You keep saying that... I don't think that means what you think it means."

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
"I-don't-know-what" : an indescribable or indefinable 'something' which distinguishes the object in question from others which are superficially similar

Seems reasonable to me. I still like it.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives DawgTalkers Archives Awwright.. It's time for Come one, come all season predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard