Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
my prediction is that we blow it out of the water.

@ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17-14 win
kc 10-21 Loss
@ Blatimore win 14-7
Cincinnati Bengals Loss 7-21
Atlanta Falcons Loss 14-28
@ Pittsburgh Steelers Loss 14-28
@ New Orleans Saints Loss 14-35
New England Patriots Loss 24-28
New York Jets Win 21-14
@ Jacksonville Jaguars Loss 10-21
Carolina Panthers Win 35-14
@ Miami Dolphins Loss 14-10
@ Buffalo Bills Win 3-0
@ Cincinnati Bengals Win 28-14
Baltimore Ravens Loss 10-3
Pittsburgh Steelers Win 14-10

Prediction7-9 maybe 8-8

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
I'm just arguing for no apparent reason.. it still doesn't make sense.. it's French, how can it make sense?

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dude, where did you get your Crystal ball?

Does it also tell how many TD vs INT's JD will throw?

Please do tell

[Linked Image]

S
Rookie
Rookie
S
Did the Browns do any of what I wrote run or pass protection related last year? What improvement or changes do you see this year? Bring something

"A mans character is his fate..." Heraclitus
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Improved at RG spot.

RT is still a question mark on whether Pashos will be an upgrade over St. Turnstile.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Please do tell

20 TD 14 INT

S
Rookie
Rookie
S
Nope... be well, hang in and enjoy the season man.

"A mans character is his fate..." Heraclitus
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Did the Browns do any of what I wrote run or pass protection related last year? What improvement or changes do you see this year? Bring something

Yeah, actually, they did quite a bit.

First of all, they got a RG in Luavao(Spelling is way off, i'm sure), Pashos and moved Mount St. Turnstile to the bench.

Most importantly, they got rid of Quinn, who seemed satisfied with standing back and taking his sweet ass time trying to decide where to throw the ball. If there was one good thing Derek Anderson did, it was getting rid of the ball quickly.

I would be fairly surprised if the Browns are not in the top ten for least sacks given up.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Please do tell

20 TD 14 INT

To many INT's better replace him right now

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
j/c...

I was just perusing some of the media outlet sites, and it seems that nobody has anything but low expectations for us this season.
I can't say that I blame them given how terrible we were last year, but it's pretty bad overall.

ESPN has us ranked 29th. We actually lost a spot in their rankings during pre-season.
CBS Sports has us at 30th.
Sports Illustrated has us at 28th, and Don Banks is the only person that I've seen give credit to Delhomme for his performance thus far.

Hopefully our guys see this stuff and carry a big chip on their shoulder this season - EVERYONE is doubting them, big time.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/c...

I was just perusing some of the media outlet sites, and it seems that nobody has anything but low expectations for us this season.
I can't say that I blame them given how terrible we were last year, but it's pretty bad overall.

ESPN has us ranked 29th. We actually lost a spot in their rankings during pre-season.
CBS Sports has us at 30th.
Sports Illustrated has us at 28th, and Don Banks is the only person that I've seen give credit to Delhomme for his performance thus far.

Hopefully our guys see this stuff and carry a big chip on their shoulder this season - EVERYONE is doubting them, big time.

Better than the SI jinks

We gott'em right were we want'em

[Linked Image]

W
2nd String
2nd String
W
I'm hoping that we win Big in the first two games, and this allows our younguns to get the confidence that will allow them to play loose & grow the rest of the way! I'm with ya at 8 wins!!! Go Brownies!!!!

Who Let Da Dawgs Out? Woof, Woof, Woof!!!!!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

"I-don't-know-what" : an indescribable or indefinable 'something' which distinguishes the object in question from others which are superficially similar

Seems reasonable to me. I still like it.

Thanks for the backup otto!

In english so others besides you understand what I was trying to say.....

"I can't quite put my finger on it" was what I was trying to get across. Professionalism is an abstract term that could mean a lot of things. When I watch Jake run the offense I get a warm blanket type feeling like we're not on the precipice of shooting ourself in the foot five seconds before every snap.

We're way down on penalities, we haven't seen much of any issues with multiple presnap formations, he throws the ball where he intends to throw it, and everyone seems to be doing their job better. Why is that???

I don't know!

I can't put my finger on it!

It's just a je ne sais quoi professionalism. From my rajun cajun Monsieur Delhomme.

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I get a warm blanket type feeling like we're not on the precipice of shooting ourself in the foot five seconds before every snap.

YES!!

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Here goes...

W- @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
W- KC
L- @ Blatimore
W- Cincinnati Bengals
L- Atlanta Falcons
W- @ Pittsburgh Steelers
L- @ New Orleans Saints
W- New England Patriots
W- New York Jets
W- @ Jacksonville Jaguars
W- Carolina Panthers
L- @ Miami Dolphins
W- @ Buffalo Bills
L- @ Cincinnati Bengals
W- Baltimore Ravens
L- Pittsburgh Steelers

OMG - 10-6 - Dreaming? Sure.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Here goes...

W- KC
L- @ Blatimore
W- Cincinnati Bengals
L- Atlanta Falcons
W- @ Pittsburgh Steelers
L- @ New Orleans Saints
W- New England Patriots
W- New York Jets
W- Carolina Panthers
L- @ Miami Dolphins
W- @ Buffalo Bills
L- @ Cincinnati Bengals
W- Baltimore Ravens
L- Pittsburgh Steelers

OMG - 10-6 - Dreaming? Sure.

I would flip the first Bengals game and the Falcons.. still 10-6..

yebat' Putin
Rookie
Rookie
W- KC
L- @ Blatimore
L- Cincinnati Bengals
L- Atlanta Falcons
W- @ Pittsburgh Steelers
L- @ New Orleans Saints
L- New England Patriots
L- New York Jets
W- Carolina Panthers
W- @ Miami Dolphins
W- @ Buffalo Bills
L- @ Cincinnati Bengals
L- Baltimore Ravens
L- Pittsburgh Steelers

7-9 Sounds 'bout right...

Woof Wooof!!!
F
Legend
Legend
F
You have us winning IN Pittsburgh but losing at home? Any reason?

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Too by the book.. no surprises in there.. you have us going 1-5 in the division and I think we can do better than that... and we'll beat Pittsburgh in the final week since we will be playing to keep our playoff chances alive and the game will mean nothing to them...

yebat' Putin
Rookie
Rookie
Man, I hope your're right...I'll be happy with 7-9, but who knows.

No surprises? Well, I call it like I see it, but if we're swing'n for the upset pick...

W- NY Jets
L - @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Still 7-9, my man

Woof Wooof!!!
Legend
Legend
Pretty much joking about us being in playoff contention in week 17.. However, I do think that if we can be at 5-4 or even 4-5 when we get to that Jacksonville, Carolina, Miami, Buffalo stretch that we could win 3 of those 4 and make some noise..

I understand we could be 2-7 at that point and win 1 of those 4 just as easily... I'm just a glass half full kind of guy though..

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Please do tell

China

N
Legend
Legend
N
J/C

My turn....

W- @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers : big day for Jerome

W- KC : after week2, Jerome leads the NFL in rushing yards (largely due to who he has faced, but I'll take it)

L- @ Baltimore : Tough matchup for us. I don't think we have enough aerial power in this one.

W- Cincinnati Bengals : Tough, low-scoring game. Basically, the complete opposite of the "DA game" from 2007.

L- Atlanta Falcons : I think the Falcons have a resurgence year. Turner and White are healthy which helps Ryan. Weatherspoon is a beast.

L- @ Pittsburgh Steelers : 1st Roeth game back is in Pitt after their bye against us? They are going to be revved up for this one. I am of course assuming the Pitt faithful rally behind him and don't spend the game tossing condoms on the field in protest (see below).

L- @ New Orleans Saints : I expect the Saints to take a step down from last year, but they are just a bad matchup for us. Can we get to Brees? If we can't, can we keep up with the Saints? I fear the answer is no to both.

W- New England Patriots : Can you say over-rated? Seems like the Patriots are annually rated much higher than is warranted.

L- New York Jets : Jets are overrated as well this year, but they still have that defense. This game will mean a lot to Mangini and us as fans, but I do not think it is enough to get the win and am surprised at how many people are picking it that way.

W- @ Jacksonville Jaguars : I expect the Jags to be playing out the stretch by this point of the year. If not for MoJo they might be the worst team in the NFL. With him, they are likely still bottom5.

L- Carolina Panthers : John Fox is a good coach. He is coaching for his job as he is on the hot seat. I expect a good year from the Panthers. The NFC South is a tough draw.

W- @ Miami Dolphins : What is going on in Miami? Parcells steps down. Many, many vets being shipped out of town. Definitely a rebuilding year down there and by this time of the season Ronnie Brown is likely on IR again. Their Wildcat vs. our WildElf. Now that should be fun to watch.

W- @ Buffalo Bills : I would love James Davis to make a big contribution in this game just for the posts to compare him and Spiller afterwards. Anyway about it though, I think we're better than the Bills.

L- @ Cincinnati Bengals : Wish we had the later game as it would have a better chance at a snowy field. This one will depend on who has more injuries at crucial spots. But, I doubt we win our last 5 in a row here and I consider both games against the Bengals pick-em's, so I'll give this one to Cinci even though their locker room could be imploding with their season by this point.

W- Baltimore Ravens : I think the Ravens are running away with the division by this point of the year and they don't care about this game as much as we do. Horrible decision to make these last games divisional for just this reason.

W- Pittsburgh Steelers : Without the extra emotional status of that first game, I think we win. Also, I think we should shower the Steeler bench with condoms. If we keep it off the field, what better way to show our displeasure with Big Ben?

1. They aren't a threat to actually injury the players/coaches/staff
2. It sends an obvious, unmistakable message
3. It would be incredibly funny

Final Record: 9-7 (out of the playoffs)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That's funny,, I'm sticking with a 7 win season and will be happy with it.

But dang No Logo,, that's a fun analysis to read.. Thanks

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
N
Legend
Legend
N
thanks. i'm here all week. try the veal and don't forget to tip the waitress.

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c

the more i look at the season and think about the possible outcomes- i think it all comes down to how the start of the year goes. What do we look like the first two games. I would like to think that we are better then the bucs and the chiefs. 2-0 would have this team thinking big and feeling confident. Week three at Baltimore could be huge. the ravens defense is a fragment of what it used to be, but they are an offensive power in the making. Win that game and it could be a surprise year.

But if we drop a game to either the bucs or the chiefs, this team will be lucky to see 5 wins. Its just hard to figure out where 4 other wins could come from if you can't beat the bucs or the chiefs.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

You have us winning IN Pittsburgh but losing at home? Any reason?

It seems like we usually play them better in thier house than our own the last decade. Last year being the exception. Home field advantage hasn't meant much in Cleveland the last 10 years.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
BigF00t,
In the first rating of NFL.com, the only two teams we play that are ranked below us are Tampa and Jacksonville the rest except the Lions (tie) are rated above us, yes the Cheifs and Bills. If we lose 1 of our first 2 games then we pick top 5 next draft. If we lose both, then top 3 is not out of the question. If we have a major injury or 2 along the way the #1 pick may be ours.

Looking at the schedule, no major injury issues, 5-11 to 7-9 but more likely a 6-10 finish, but in every game down to the last 5 minutes or better.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
yeah, that's kind of my thoughts as well, without reading the mass media publications.

I just hope the fans aren't getting their hopes up so high that they lose perspective of where this team is at. We really don't need to be doing another coaching change right now. The team got better last year with inferior talent. As long as things continue to progress, we should stay the course. Not saying i'm rooting for a top five pick, but the reality is that is probably where we will be picking. The first two weeks of the season will, in my mind, cement the deal if they do not come out of it 2-0. If you can't beat the bucs and the chiefs- then who are you going to beat?? Jacksonville and Buffalo are the next two targets.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I just hope the fans aren't getting their hopes up so high that they lose perspective of where this team is at.

if we didn't do that, then what would preseason be for?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Until we actually get to see where this team is at, good or bad, it is all speculation.

Some are just embracing their hopes while others are shielding themselves from them

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Some are just embracing their hopes

I have always been affectionate with my hopes

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Some are just embracing their hopes

I have always been affectionate with my hopes

I'm the kind of guy that likes to embrace myself at least twice a day

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

I'm the kind of guy that likes to embrace myself at least twice a day

that right there is too much info!!!

R
2nd String
2nd String
R
I think that 5-6 wins could happen. We need more impact players on offense and defense. We would be better served with less wins and getting those great impact players in the draft. Locker, Heyward or Julio Jones type of players would look great on our team next year.

Ted Nugent said,"that Davy Crockett shooting at Santa Anna's Army was the right thing to do, he just wouldn't get the Hispanic vote today".
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I believe that the consensus is 6 - 8 wins. I tend to agree with that

Okey-Dokey-Smokey...I DON'T...And here's why...Post this one on your BR Wall Baby!!!

This team is built for a Short Passing game and Running the football...That relates to Clock Management...And should also equate to a LOW Interception Ratio for Dome...

This team is also built to WIN the Field Position Game...Our ST's are SUPERB...

Although our RT spot is questionable...4/5ths of this Line is well above average with Lauvao at RG...

I'm expecting a well-disciplined team both offensively and defensively...

Our ACE-In-The-Hole is Tampa and KC out of the gate...NO EXCUSES to not take both of these games and start the season at 2-0...Run it down their collective throats until every defensive player is suckin' O2 from the masks...

During that 2 game swing the defense gets valuable time...I'm referring to the Rooks and Brown in the Secondary...I guarantee ya' Ryan hasn't shown SQUAT yet defensively...These Corners are going to be playing TIGHT to the LOS all game long...Every game...

It's going to come down to several KEY things virtually every week...And I believe we are well-suited to accomplish these keys weekly...And it's predominantly got to do with the Offense and ST's...

Clock Management
Field Position
Turnovers

As long as we DO NOT turn the ball over on any consistent rate IN OUR TERRITORY we will be in every game all year...This will be due to that Clock Management and Superb ST play...

We take the 1st 2 and come out 2-0...We go 3-3 in the North...

We end up 9-7...Possibly 10-6...

Go Browns!!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives DawgTalkers Archives Awwright.. It's time for Come one, come all season predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard