Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Way to go Eric Mangini!

This man GREW as a Head coach today....the guy flat out called a brilliant game..brilliant!

this is EXACTLY what I was talking about hoping Mangini can grow.

yes the Anti-Mangini KOB is saying Eric "grew" today as a head coach....his gameday coaching improved a TON today...the guy is growing.

to beat the Pats, to have a good game plan in place, to gameday coach as well as he did today.

ERIC MANGINI DESERVES TWO MORE YEARS HERE

Yes I am saying that..he deserves two more years...

regardless of what happens..Mangini showed me today that he is growing as a Head coach and he is learning from his mistakes.....I will no longer call for his head....he has this team playing playoff football

I am finally glad I can finally step off the anti-Mangini crowd...the dude grew today and im man enough to eat my crow.

Thanks Eric you did well today and I look forward to continued improvement.

Go Browns! Great win today!

Also the Browns got their "franchise QB" In Colt Mccoy he proved it today...the kid is 2-1 as a starter...he is the man the rest of the way out.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Props to KofB for changing his mind on Mangini.

Great game for Eric today. I'd love to know what Belichick said to him during the post game handshake.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
They were definitely well prepared. I was impressed.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
HERE WE GO BROWNIES.....HERE WE GO!!!

#brownsgoodkarma
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How many times have you changed your mind on Mangini now? I'm thinking it's at least 3.

Mangini and the entire coaching staff did a great job. Daboll is just as deserving as anyone. This was a team win, and every single unit deserves credit.

Legend
Legend
The team grew. I think that the Head Coach is the same guy he's been. Big difference today is that plays worked because players made them work.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nice to see you write that, but he's had excellent game plans all year. The first three games were botched by the players. The fact that they are now executing, and not turning the ball over resulting in opponent's points makes those game plans extremely effective. You can't spot the opponent points and expect to win, no matter how good the game plan is. Great win today. Great! One of the best.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He grew, team grew, individuals grew. What a great landmark day for the entire organization!

K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
I am dead serious...you won't hear me say one more peep about calling for Eric's head...Eric and his staff showed me "tremendous growth" today as a head coach....He has finally won me over..the guy deserves two more years here after this year to see what he can do...regardless of what happens from here on out.

were playing playoff football right now folks...we keep this up..the Steelers are reeling, some other teams in the AFC are reeling...we just may have a shot at getting into the playoffs...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
One game at a time. But it was fantastic seeing Colt McCoy grow right in front of our eyes.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think you have shown growth too with this post.

Good to see you happy again friend.

The Student had a lesson for the Teacher today.

Nice seeing everyone on the team on the same page.

[Linked Image]

K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

Thanks i am eating my crow right now...I seen it today...Eric has this team going in the right direction.

I also really do believe colt McCoy is our franchise QB...the kid is Brian Sipe all the way + he has mobility...he is the guy we build this team around...We just may have the next Tom Brady in this McCoy kid.

I bet we beat the Steelers later in the year...McCoy will be much more seasoned by then....and won't be able to fool him..If Bellichik can't fool him..if im the Steelers i'd worried.

All Steelers fans are telling me colt McCoy will be their biggest Nemesis and they are infact afraid of McCoy....bodes well for us...

K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

I think you have shown growth too with this post.

Good to see you happy again friend.

The Student had a lesson for the Teacher today.

Nice seeing everyone on the team on the same page.

Thank you FL_Dawg, its good to be happy with this team.

Eric showed signs last week, and really showed it this week...I see what he is building.

Bring on the Jets...were going to beat them too! Lets give the Jets a taste of Hillis...if we can beat the Pats..the celings the limit....rob ryan will have us fired for his borther...Bring on the Jets!

Legend
Legend
we have a TEAM now... I feel pretty good about what we have here now..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

You won't mind if I spread the side of spinach over my crow to help get it down would you? Oh, and I'm going to need a few more lemons over here.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

we have a TEAM now... I feel pretty good about what we have here now..

Still some missing pieces, but they are definitely playing like a team. Start adding to the talent pool, and we will be tough to beat. Hope to hell we can keep Ryan.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

One game at a time. But it was fantastic seeing Colt McCoy grow right in front of our eyes.

He just became a Starting QB today.

There is no reason to go backwards now.

He is winning the job and I think he has shown enough to say that he has won the job.

He is sure to have a stinker and that is only natural.
The key will be his consistency.

I don't care if he ev er passes for 300 yards as long as we win.

Fyi, Don't look now but the Jets are coming back on the Lions.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Lions look like us the last few years!

Dumb penalty tied this game. But I'll take the Jets coming off a high if they win which they should.

Legend
Legend
well, I'm kinda glad you are turning over a new leaf here, but I can't help thinking the Old, "I hate Mangini' KoB is right around the corner,, so I ain't buying it yet.. but I'll reserve final judgement and give you the chance you NEVER gave Mangini.

This is an age old discussion, was the game plan bad or was the execution bad or do we just lack talent?

I think we now know the answer. coaching isn't the problem.. Talent level was at first, and then execution.

I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but over the last three games, I've seen this team handle pressure and they are showing mental toughness. And the talent is finally showing up,, which I think in turn allows the coaches to call plays they'd never have tried before.

So I think Mangini and his coaching staff have always been doing a pretty good job this year,, but it wasn't showing up in the final score because of execution.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

well, I'm kinda glad you are turning over a new leaf here, but I can't help thinking the Old, "I hate Mangini' KoB is right around the corner,,

understandable, but im telling you...I am not going to call for his head...you will se down the stretch...He proved he is learning today..thats what I was looking for..he showed growth...give him a chance is exactly what im going to do.

J
Legend
Legend
J
You change your mind like the wind....don't make me bring back the Anderson/Quinn posts that changed dramatically on a weekly basis.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Quote:

You change your mind like the wind....don't make me bring back the Anderson/Quinn posts that changed dramatically on a weekly basis.

to be fair, It is hard to choose between turd and poop.

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
J
Legend
Legend
J
But, he did, wildly swinging from one to the other.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I was thinking just before this game that if we ever want to be a playoff or competitive franchise, we need to stop changing coaching staff and move on with Mangini. He instills discipline and a hard working, blue collar attitude to this team. We could do much worse and did in the past. Let's not have EM pick anything in the draft though

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

well, I'm kinda glad you are turning over a new leaf here, but I can't help thinking the Old, "I hate Mangini' KoB is right around the corner,,

understandable, but im telling you...I am not going to call for his head...you will se down the stretch...He proved he is learning today..thats what I was looking for..he showed growth...give him a chance is exactly what im going to do.

Sounds good man,, welcome.. I have room for you right next to me on the bandwagon...LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I was thinking just before this game that if we ever want to be a playoff or competitive franchise, we need to stop changing coaching staff and move on with Mangini. He instills discipline and a hard working, blue collar attitude to this team. We could do much worse and did in the past. Let's not have EM pick anything in the draft though

I'm telling you,, I really see our coach for the long hall and I'm thinking I see our QB also..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

yes the Anti-Mangini KOB is saying Eric "grew" today as a head coach....his gameday coaching improved a TON today...the guy is growing.

I'm glad you're happy and all, and I don't wanna trash you KoB, but by saying he "grew today" I think you are implying that he developed enough as a coach today (just today!!) that you can now give your stamp of approval.

Other than that, I'm glad I won't have to read your griping for awhile.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I second that! Mangini is EARNING some praise now. And Colt McCoy is putting to bed any doubts we have about him one game at a time. As far as rookie outings go, I really like what I see. After the last two games there won't be so many snickers when you say you're a Browns Fan.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I second that! Mangini is EARNING some praise now. And Colt McCoy is putting to bed any doubts we have about him one game at a time. As far as rookie outings go, I really like what I see. After the last two games there won't be so many snickers when you say you're a Browns Fan.

oh man,, today, I was in Heinens grocery store in Aurora,, I had on my Browns hat and my browns hoodie.. Some young guy said hey, I pity the Browns today... he said he was a big Pats fan.

I just said, it depends on which Browns team shows up.. I guess I was right..LOL Last Laugh goes to the Browns fan....

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
U
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
U
Quote:

Props to KofB for changing his mind on Mangini.

Great game for Eric today. I'd love to know what Belichick said to him during the post game handshake.

Oh Man, did you see Mangini at the end of the game spit out his "Chew" juice then wipe his mouth with his right hand and then shake Billicheck's hand with it. I was laughing hard when I saw him do that. Wonder if he did that on purpose.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Now where is that Django at ?
This team has been playing like this all year, or at least trying to. Today alot of things worked out well. Next week they may not work out so well. But either way we are playing hard and getting better each week.

Last edited by RageDawg; 11/07/10 07:35 PM.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Now where is that Django at?

Mangini didn't win this game, the players won it in spite of his boneheaded, ego and out smarting himself by designing a game plan that blah-blah-blah, rhetoric-rhetoric, blah-dee-blah-blah!

There, feel better?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
funny how a win can change an outlook on someone... awesome job

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Now where is that Django at

I believe Germany. Give the guy a break. He will get on here and defend his position.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No one really cared for Chris Palmer, he failed. Everyone seemed to want butch davis, he failed. Everyone seemed to want Romeo Crennel, he failed. No one really wanted Eric Mangini, he seems to be suceeding.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

They were definitely well prepared. I was impressed.

Not only were they well prepared, they had it for 60 minutes.. I was impressed on both sides of the ball.. the ball control pound it pound it pound it then throw in a wrinkle was really fun to watch.... because it worked.

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Now where is that Django at ?

I'm here...it's 2:45am here...you'll hear more from me tomorrow.

I was impressed and didn't expect this at all but still am not sold before I see more of it...at least it was the most complete game of the Mangini era....and right after a solid game...so, he has his 1st "real" streak going...

Before all of you wet your pants though...we're still 3-5 and there are reasons for it...and Mangini is part of those reasons as well as for winning this game...I think that's fair to say...so, we're 3-5, it is what it is...if we don't get at least 7-8 wins this year I still want Mangini gone...that's what I said before the season and I' ll stick to it....right now he's 2-2 in coaching, he was heavily responsible for the TB and KC losses (how did sticking to the run pay off the last 2 games huh?) and gets kudos for the last 2 games (even though he should know what his team can do/can't do better than us and more importantly: BEFORE us...it still took him too many weeks to figure it out...we can't start out every season flat, it's a killer if you want to reach the next level in this league)....let's see if he can get over .500 as a Coach...because anything less won't change my mind

This is a crazy NFL season as of now...no real dominant teams anymore out there....we played solid ball and got some breaks our way very early that gave us confidence....but, most importantly, we never gave it away.....I never had the feeling we'd still lose this one....and that's a 1st under Mangini

We dominated the LOS...we have a couple of PBowl players on each side of the LOS...that helps...A LOT...and remember that the previous regimes did not have that luxury...in fact...they built it

I'm not ready to crown a .333 (8-16) HC with back to back 1-5 starts King yet....I have higher hopes really. I'll give Mangini 1 thing though...he's "clutch" lol...when his a$$ is on fire he performs best and plays gutsy football....He can always win me over by playing to win instead of "not to lose", what he did until before the NO game....he continues to do the right things and I'll give him props, he doesn't? he gets trashed...that easy...I always call em like I see em....and today he was perfect as ever since becoming our HC

1 last thing: I'd love to see the locker room celebration of those last 3 wins...why? tells a lot about the HC-players relationship, how the players react, if they buy into his stuff...after the BUF win last year it was pitiful...there were players not even high fiving him or looking him in the face on the way into the locker room....a Ratliff Gatorade bath isn't really qualifying lol...so I'd love to see...if anyone has a link please share it

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Mangini needs to find that level of consistency... people forget that it took Belichick a number of years before he got things going and he didn't really blossom until his second team...

Django I think you are right to remain skeptical if that is your stance.. one or two good/great games does not make you Paul Brown and remove all doubt.. By the same token I would hope that Mangini has bought himself a little more length on that rope you have been trying to hang him with...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Listen to what Mangini has been saying all along. You have to learn to practice, then learn to play, then learn to win, then learn to win consistently.

I think that we're somewhere between step 3 and 4.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives DawgTalkers Archives Eric Mangini "grew" as a Head Coach Today

Link Copied to Clipboard