Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
For the record...I picked him to play RT short term....he only opens at G if Pashos is able to go...but he can play anyway along the OL in time but is an instant starter at RG or RT

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
I just look at us having Lauvoa, Yates, Womack, and Pashos, and think that the team looks at that and sees a pretty decent qight side.

I could be wrong .... but i would be stunned if we go G in the 2nd .... especially since we're going WCO, with quick decision, roll outs, and quick hits ..... and less emphasis on the line holding off the rush for 50 yard passes.

I could see a G maybe in the 5th-7th round ...... but really not much before that.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Didn't the Browns cut Yates recently?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Again, not according to the Browns transactions on cbssports.com

He's also still on the Browns roster on their site.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I just look at us having Lauvoa, Yates, Womack, and Pashos, and think that the team looks at that and sees a pretty decent right side.

Didn't we have them last season too? How was the right side again?

and again...Watkins isn't a G-only, he was the LT at Baylor...he took over for former #1 pick Smith, he can easily play RT at a pretty good level in the NFL....his best position might be LG when all is said and done. He's pretty good, scouts love him...good luck finding a negative report about this guy....pretty much everybody concedes that he'D be a sure fire 1st rounder if he was 2 years younger...he has great tape, that's all I care...wouldn't surprise me if the Pats pulled the trigger late in round 1 come draftday

#gmstrong

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Watkins is a solid player..don't get me wrong. But he projects to a guard in the NFL..Luavo will be fine at right guard..just doesn't seem to be the right pick to me. If you were going to go O-line you might have considered if there is a projected LT in College to RT in the pros or a true RT. None the less, Watkins is a fine player and would help immediately..I guess Luavo will have to wait for Steiny to retire..

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Legend
Legend
However, again, we're going to run the WCO ..... and the need for extended blocking while the QB hangs out in the pocket will be diminshed.

I'm just saying that I don't expect that we'll use a 2nd round pick on a G. Not when we need damn near an entire DL, and weapons on offense.

N
Legend
Legend
N
you picked a 26yo OG in the 2nd round of the draft?

sorry, but I have to completely disagree with that selection. you argue position drafting, well OG is not a value position in the 2nd round. he also may not be a need (depending on what happens with Yates/Lauvao), and he's 26 years old. Quan Cosby went undrafted because teams were concerned about his age (already matured with little room to continue to improve).

finally, not only is he older, at a position of lesser value, and possibly lesser need, but he also didn't even start playing football until he was 22 years old which is the age that most of these guys are being drafted and have been playing for their whole life. muscle memory and just instincts are bred over time and he simply doesn't have those since he didn't play football.

no, no, no, no, no. oh, and did I mention. no.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
geez, which part of "he isn't a G-only" didnt you get? Just because he's projected to be an elite G doesn't mean he can't play RT at a high level...in fact, he can (HE DID, he played LT) and he's one of the best prospects to play on day 1 there...and pretty much the only 1 that offers elite-versatility. Again, give me a negative report on Watkins....there isn't...I read them all. There's pretty much consenus that he's the real deal...oh, and he DID play football for 4 years at LT at Baylor and he pretty much dominated DL, that played there their whole life...what's your point? The tape doesn't lie....he's not raw or a project, he's a dominant blocker...after only 4 years of football...consider the upside left

I adressed the rest of your points in other posts...(football) age, position-value...everything....don't feel like re-writing it, go re-read it I you're really interested in a discussion. Versatile elite G/T start to have value in the 2nd...I picked 1 of the best at his position instead of the 10th+ best DL prospect...and he wasn't my 1st selection...I know have 1 of the best DL and OL prospects of this draft, I can't draft them all, you know?
For me he was clearly the BPA...and we need talent....Torrey Smith was close and I really like him but he's pretty much the opposite of a WCO-WR

I agree we won't go OL in the 2nd most probably...but that's because we will be picking for urgent need instead of BPA, like we did last year with Ward and Hardesty...right now I picked 2 prospects that have consensus Top10 or 15 overall TAPE and still some upside left....both have a high floor, very few weaknesses, which reduces the bust factor and both project to be at least well above AVG starters in the NFL....it's not flashy but they are LOS investments that will pay off, you'll see....I know what I'm doing

#gmstrong

N
Legend
Legend
N
I did read your post. And as you tried to redirect on so many things you would often chide others for, I felt the need to put those out in front.

Watkins has top10-15 talent? For one, you have repeatedly said on these boards how an interior OL can't possibly be considered as a top10-15 player.

And no, he isn't a tackle in the NFL. Maybe in a pinch if you have an injury, you could shove him out there, but he's 'emergency only' there.

and finally, if he is drafted that high, then he better start and play well from day1 because if he takes a couple years to develop as many rookies do (even highly touted rookies), then he's already getting past his prime.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
My reasoning has been consistent...I would not have picked Watkins in the Top 30 as my top selection, even though being a Top15 talent on tape (maybe late 1st on a winning team with few holes...which the Browns aren't)...my point with the "Mack draft and value" was to pick a top value position talent AND THEN a top 2nd level value position talent INSTEAD of the 6th+ at value positions, where the top talent has been picked in th 1st round...I did just that

Here are 2 reports:

This one makes him a Steiny clone:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664030

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=85433

I have another glowing Paysite-report which I cant post, PM me if you're interested

#gmstrong

N
Legend
Legend
N
NFP shows why he will struggle as a OT in their report. he's short for an OT and also not-long armed. they project him as an OG as do almost all reports that I have read.

if he can hold the spot at RT, then I'd be more inclined to draft him. but, I don't think he can do that, so I don't want him.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
One other report I have on him compares him to D.Diehl of the Giants and projects him, like Diehl, to play pretty good everyhwhere along the OL...

Update....there's still lots of talent I like:

Round 2:

Pick #33: San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina via New England) - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Pick #34: Buffalo Bills - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
Pick #35: Cincinnati Bengals - Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
Pick #36: Denver Broncos - Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
Pick #37: Cleveland Browns - Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
Pick #38: Arizona Cardinals - Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
Pick #39: Tennessee Titans - Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
Pick #40: Dallas Cowboys - Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
Pick #41: Washington Redskins - Christian Ponder, QB, FSU
Pick #42: Houston Texans - Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
Pick #43: Minnesota Vikings - Stefen Wisniewski, C/G, Penn State
Pick #44: Detroit Lions - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
Pick #45: New England Patriots (from San Francisco) - Benjamin Ijalana, OT, Villanova
Pick #46: Denver Broncos (from Miami) - Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
Pick #47: St. Louis Rams - Greg Jones, OLB, Michigan State
Pick #48: Oakland Raiders - Marcus Cannon, OT, TCU
Pick #49: Jacksonville Jaguars - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
Pick #50: San Diego Chargers - Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston
Pick #51: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Rodney Hudson, OG, FSU

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Update:

Round 2:

Pick #33: San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina via New England) - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Pick #45: New England Patriots (from San Francisco) - Benjamin Ijalana, OT, Villanova
Pick #52: New York Giants - Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
Pick #53: Indianapolis Colts - Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy
Pick #54: Philadelphia Eagles - Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
Pick #55: Kansas City Chiefs - Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
Pick #56: New Orleans Saints - Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh
Pick #57: Seattle Seahawks - Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
Pick #58: Baltimore Ravens - Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
Pick #59: Atlanta Falcons - Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
Pick #60: Chicago Bears (from Patriots) - Orlando Franklin, OT, Miami
Pick #61: Tennessee Titans (from NYJets via Chargers) - Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
Pick #62: New England Patriots (from Bears) - Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
Pick #63: Pittsburgh Steelers - Kenrick Ellis, NT, Hampton

Some smaller trades...Titans got back into the 2nd for their QB

Still torn on who to pick at #70...DE/OLB Moch? OLB Foster? WR T.Young? OLB Sturdivant? RB Hunter? DE/OLB Acho?...probably will be 1 of those

Ballard hasnt been picked yet, but he's off my board anyway, so no chance to talk me into him

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
danny watkins? what the heck?

I'd be pissed.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I look at that list and think that some players are going high based on name alone. Then again ... who's to say it wont shake out that way?

"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things."

@pstu24
Legend
Legend
ugh. there are no DTs left besides Ballard. From that list I'd want Foster or Sturdivant. I'd be OK with Young because he'd be a good value, even though I'm all aboard the Vincent Brown train at wideout. The other name I'd throw out there is McCarthy from Miami.

I'd recommend Carpenter for the third, but you've already snagged Watkins.

*edit* No Bruce Carter?

Last edited by CleveSteve; 03/30/11 10:05 PM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
No Bruce Carter injuries and tackling issues...a LB with tackling issues is like a WR with hands problems....some guys like to tackle, some guys don't want to and I'm taking the less athletic guy who wants to anyday...and we're talking College level, if he doesnt want to tackle there, chances are small he's going to learn and like it at the much bigger NFL level...punt

Round 2:

Pick #52: New York Giants - Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
Pick #53: Indianapolis Colts - Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy
Pick #54: Philadelphia Eagles - Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
Pick #55: Kansas City Chiefs - Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
Pick #56: New Orleans Saints - Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh
Pick #57: Seattle Seahawks - Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
Pick #58: Baltimore Ravens - Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
Pick #59: Atlanta Falcons - Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
Pick #60: Chicago Bears (from Patriots) - Orlando Franklin, OT, Miami
Pick #61: Tennessee Titans (from NYJets via Chargers) - Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
Pick #62: New England Patriots (from Bears) - Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
Pick #63: Pittsburgh Steelers - Kenrick Ellis, DT, Hampton
Pick #64: Green Bay Packers - Titus Young, WR, Boise State

Round 3:

Pick #65: Carolina Panthers - Andrew Dalton, QB, TCU

I'm leaning Moch right now but not sure yet...Foster and Sturdivant are close, Acho as WDE too...RB Hunter would be great value too but somewhat a luxury with Hillis and Hardesty and there are enough RBs left, even though none as good and complete as Hunter (Im eyeing Locke later but there are others too)...tough decision but I guess 1 or 2 of them will go before my pick

#gmstrong

N
Legend
Legend
N
plenty of RBs later and like you said it'd be a 'luxury' pick. I really like Delone Carter from Syracuse and he can likely be had with a 6th rounder.

I hate Moch even in the 3rd round. We've had plenty of threads on him this season though, so no need to rehash that.

from your list, I would really want Foster.

Another I would consider is DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson. I know, another SS and we really need a FS, but he has pretty good value in the 3rd round and we need more S depth in general (and all the CBs I would want are already off the board)

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O.k gonna update this list of players the Browns have/are looking at.

PRIVATE WORKOUTS

QB Cam Newton, Auburn (4/13)
QB Colin Kaepernick, Nevada (3/28)
QB Andy Dalton, TCU (3/?)
RB DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma (3/?)
RB Shane Vreeen, Cal (?/?)
WR Edmund Gates, Abilene Christian (3/30) - our wide receiver scoach worked him out

OT Tyron Smith, USC (4/?)
OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin and G John Moffitt(3/11)
OG Will Rackley, Lehigh (3/21, 4/10) visiting facility
OT James Brewer, Indiana (3/?) OL coach George Warhop had a private workout with him
OT Jah Reid, Central Florida (?/?)

DT Marcell Dareus, Alabama
DT Nick Fairley, Auburn
DT Phil Taylor, Baylor (3/25)
DT Andrew Soucy, Eastern Kentucky (3/15) - Browns were only team to attend pro day
DE Brooks Reed, Arizona (?/?)
DE Da’Quan Bowers, Clemson (?/?)
LB Von Miller, Texas A&M (4/11) - also our LB coach Billy Davis lead Miller's drill on his pro day

CB Patrick Peterson, LSU (3/16)
CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska
CB Curtis Brown, Texas (end of march) and/or CB Chykie Brown, Texas (?/?)
CB Chris Culliver, South Carolina (4/2)
CB Brandon Burton, Utah (3/30) DB coach Jerome Harrison had a private workout
CB Buster Skrine, Chattanooga
CB Demarcus Van Dyke, Miami (3/17)

For the Senior Bowl and Combine, sometimes players are asked who they met with, this can mean they had a formal interview like Johnny Patrick or after practice a scout spent a long time with them, some of these could be shorter conversations.

SCOUTNG COMBINE

RB Noel Devine, WVU
WR Greg Salas, Hawaii
OT Tyron Smith, USC
DE Allen Bailey, Miami
CB Johnny Patrick, Louisville - confirmed interview
FS Will Hill, Florida

SENIOR BOWL INTEREST -

RB Kendall Hunter, OSU
RB Bilal Powell, Louisville
RB Roy Helu Jr., Nebraska
WR Courtney Smith, UAB
OT Derek Sherrod, Ole Miss
OT James Brewer, Indiana
OT Jason Pinkston, Pitt
LB Casey Mathews, Oregon
LB Mason Foster, Washington
DT Sione Fua, Stanford
CB Rashad Carmichael, VTech
FS DeAndre McDaniel, Clemson
FS Eric Hagg, Nebraska
PK Alex Henery, Nebraska
PK Josh Jasper, LSU

PRO DAYS AND SPECIAL INTEREST NOTES

QB Pat Devlin, Delaware
WR Cecil Short III, Mount Union
CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado
FS Brian Lainhart, Kent
FS Chris Conte, Cal

- The Browns were the only team to send a scout to WR Cecil Shorts III pro day at Mount Union article link

- Browns contingent watching QB Cam Newton workout: Heckert, Jon Sandusky, John Spytek, Pat Shurmur, Gil Haskell, Mark Whipple article link

- The Browns' scouting contingent -- including GM Tom Heckert, coach Pat Shurmur and defensive coordinator Dick Jauron -- were in Ala. to see WR Julio Jones, DT Marcell Dareus and QB Greg McElroy, also Browns scouts were at Kent's pro day to see FS Brian Lainhart article link

- Cal S Chris Conte is drawing a lot of interest from the Browns who may be able to play nickle CB also. article link

- Browns LB coach Bill Davis attended Arizona's pro day probably to see both DE Ricky Elmore and DE Brooks Reed, Reed. article link

- The Browns attended Delaware QB Pat Devlin's pro day article link.

- Pat Shurmur said he expects to meet with AJ Green before the draft after missing his pro day. Heckert also had this to say about Julio Jones "No question about it," Heckert said. "Everybody's talking A.J., A.J., A.J., but different people have Julio up there." Heckert also said he is attending Da'Quan Bowers's pro day workout. article link

- Interesting: Pat Shurmur was at Auburn pro day, but I can't find anything about the Browns ever meeting with Nick Fairley, if someone does froma reputable source please let me know.

- the Browns met with CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado after his pro day. article link.

- according to a tweet by Tony Grossi, the Browns sent 1 scout to Kentucky where WR Randall Cobb and RB Derrick Locke were the major attraction.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Foster, Sturdivant, Acho would all be up there for me. As well, McDaniel as no_logo mentioned. DT Jarvis Jenkins is another possibility, though it might be a little early for him. Same with CB Chimdi Chekwa. I know that the Browns have looked at Demarco Murray and Shane Vereen - they're both probably 3rd rounders...though I agree with the luxury comment you made.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Round 3:

Pick #66: Cincinnati Bengals - Quan Sturdivant, LB, North Carolina
Pick #67: Denver Broncos - Bruce Carter, LB, North Carolina
Pick #68: Buffalo Bills - Kelvin Sheppard, LB, LSU
Pick #69: Arizona Cardinals - James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
Pick #70: Cleveland Browns - Dontay Moch, DE/OLB, Nevada
Pick #71: Dallas Cowboys - Brandon Burton, CB, Utah

Tough decision between Acho, Foster and Moch...the upside and system fit was the kicker for Moch. He's a freelancer and whoever drafts him better uses him that way....guys like Pola or Matthews have few responsibilities, they are allowed to freelance....that's how you have to play Moch....think about it....guy is an athlete, he produced in College and has good character/work habits....he's no lazy underachiever or workout monster only (like ie Ballard )....he's a legit NFL talent, he's not only fast, he backed it up on the field. He's a also a great fit for Jauron's new 4-3...speed, hustle/pass rush and tackling...it's all there with Moch....he's no sure thing but his floor is very high for a 3rd rounder with his very high ceiling...at worst he's a 3rd down pass rush/coverage LB....and that will be his role initially as a rookie, maybe the whole season until he learns his new role

Burton, Murray (man I confuse Murray with Hunter, the Okl St. RB, so often...I like the Sooner RB) were the BPAs at this pick....but both positions are still deep and not the biggest need...so yeah, I need reached a bit here and didn't go strictly BPA....still not sure if this was clever

Also, there are still a lot of day 1 readier LB still available that I like: Foster, Wright, Matthews, McCarthy....

Good value for the next pick would also be: CB Patrick, CB Marsh, TE Stocker, RB Vereen, RB Murray, FS/CB Gilchrist (trade up target maybe), OL Rackley, DT Jenkins, S Sash, WR Gates, WR Salas, WR Pettis, OL Pinkston

#gmstrong

N
Legend
Legend
N
I'm all aboard with Cam Jordan, I like him and wouldn't mind having him though there were other guys on the board that I liked a little better.

Picking an OG in the 2nd round (that's how I view Watkins) and then Moch in the 3rd (he'd better magically turn into Dumervil though I don't see it especially in the 4-3) would make me disappointed to say the least.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That's the beauty of evaluating prospects...everybody comes up with a different opinion of the same player....of course I think I mocked 3 difference makers

but really, what's everybody's problem with Moch? You guys know we now look for speed over size...so, what's wrong with Moch? everybody says he's an athlete only but I have several reports saying he is a dedicated football player...he likes to tackle....he is super fast, doesn't shy away from contact, has produced, he wasn't an underachiever who only looks good in shorts...AND he STILL has a huge amount of upside left in his game...what's wrong with a profile of a player like that in the 3rd round?

#gmstrong

N
Legend
Legend
N
There were some Moch supporters (Candy always seemed to like him) and a bunch of Moch negaters (Deep was one of the more vocal guys during the year)

CleveSteve said it best, so I'll put his first:

Quote:

I watched 6(!) Nevada games cover-to-cover this year specifically to watch Moch. The ONLY way he will do ANYTHING in the NFL is if the defense is completely geared around him to cover-up his shortcomings (most important of all play recognition, just behind that and related uselessness in run support) and scheme the rest of the line to free up holes for him. You have to line him up in different places, stunt him, put him on the short side of the field to protect against runs for him to not be a MAJOR liability. He wasn't even the best defender on that team. The LB #52 was the one making all the good plays. Moch most of the time looked like he had no idea what was going on. I don't want us drafting him at all in the first 4 rounds, but I'm never upset when they take a player in the 5th or later.

BTW, I'm generally a big supporter of taking guys with great TFL numbers in college (I was probably the biggest pusher on this board for Dumerville and was definitely the biggest pusher for Follett, Graham, and Matthews,) but Moch's numbers are a total sham. He's so fast he sometimes just gets into the backfield against crappy lineman and he lucks out the run is going that way. His play recognition is completely unacceptable. He's a tremendous athelete of course, but he has a loooooong way to go to be a football player.

and here was my best snippet from when we were watching the games in the fall

Quote:

Moch was too easily schemed out of game, he was horrible at discipline (keeping the edge, taking the correct angles at runners) and I think is a situational player at best in the NFL and even then could have limited impact. We have bigger needs in the 3rd round than a guy who might be able to play on 'sure passing downs'.

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

That's the beauty of evaluating prospects...everybody comes up with a different opinion of the same player....

agreed. that's what makes this fun.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

That's the beauty of evaluating prospects...everybody comes up with a different opinion of the same player....of course I think I mocked 3 difference makers

but really, what's everybody's problem with Moch? You guys know we now look for speed over size...so, what's wrong with Moch? everybody says he's an athlete only but I have several reports saying he is a dedicated football player...he likes to tackle....he is super fast, doesn't shy away from contact, has produced, he wasn't an underachiever who only looks good in shorts...AND he STILL has a huge amount of upside left in his game...what's wrong with a profile of a player like that in the 3rd round?

He came from...N E V A D A...

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Moch reminds me of Sidd Finch. If I'm pulling the trigger, I go Finch all the way.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hey bro you know that I agree with you. I been pimping Moch for a long time. All the kid does is make plays in the backfield. He is averaging over 20 tackles for loss the last 2 years. I think he is worthy of a 2nd round pick and I said it at the start of the college year, this kid has the raw skills to be the best player in this draft.

BTW anyone realize he would be the fastest player on a defense that depends on speed and getting to the ball? 2nd i would do it and not look back.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I wasn't sure enough (havent seen enough to be honest) of Moch for a Top 50 pick...but in the 3rd he is worth the gamble...very good ceiling/floor gamble for the round imho...I went very safe with my Top50 picks and was ready to gamble...that's how I think a draft should be approached...hit your top picks and go for high ceiling with your lower value picks

Update:

Round 3:

Pick #72: New Orleans Saints (from Washington) - Christian Ballard, DT, Iowa
Pick #73: Houston Texans - Tyler Sash, S, Iowa
Pick #74: New England Patriots (from Minnesota) - Jarvis Jenkins, DE, Clemson
Pick #75: Detroit Lions - Chimdi Chekwa, CB, Ohio State
Pick #76: New England Patriots (from San Francisco) - Clint Boling, OG/OT, Georgia
Pick #77: San Diego Chargers (from Titans) - Jeremy Beal, LB, Oklahoma
Pick #78: St. Louis Rams - Austin Pettis, WR, Boise State
Pick #79: Miami Dolphins - Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh
Pick #80: Houston Texans (from Jaguars) - Tandon Doss, WR, Indiana
Pick #81: Oakland Raiders - Chris Carter, OLB, Fresno State

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Round 3:

Pick #76: New England Patriots (from San Francisco) - Clint Boling, OG/OT, Georgia
Pick #82: San Diego Chargers - Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
Pick #83: New York Giants - Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
Pick #84: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Mason Foster, LB, Washington
Pick #85: Philadelphia Eagles - Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
Pick #86: Green Bay Packers (from Chiefs) - Sam Acho, DE, Texas
Pick #87: New York Giants (from Colts) - Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State
Pick #88: Kansas City Chiefs (from Saints) - John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin
Pick #89: San Diego Chargers (from Seattle) - Lawrence Guy, DE, Arizona State
Pick #90: Baltimore Ravens - Quinton Carter, S, Oklahoma
Pick #91: Atlanta Falcons - Edmond Gates, WR, Abilene Christian
Pick #92: San Francisco 49ers (from New England) - DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma
Pick #93: Chicago Bears - Greg Little, WR, North Carolina
Pick #94: New York Jets - James Brewer, OT, Indiana
Pick #95: Pittsburgh Steelers - Jason Pinkston, OT/OG, Pittsburgh

6 picks left, then it's my turn again with the 4th rounder

Players I consider for the pick:

TE Stocker
TE DJ Williams
S/CB Gilchrist (reminds me so much of a better coverage version of Ward)
SOLB Wright
SOLB/MLB Matthews
SOLB/MLB McCarthy
RB Vereen
WR Salas
WR N.Paul
RB Todman

What are your favs out of that group...or preference/board...any other prospects you'd like in the 4th?

My Mock so far

#7 DE C.Jordan
#37 T/G Watkins
# 70 DE/OLB Moch

#gmstrong

C
Legend
Legend
C
Is Jacquizz Rodgers still around?

I'd take him.

But from the list of guys you have I take McCarthy then Matthews then Vereen then Paul then Salas.

Legend
Legend
I'd take McCarthy then Gilchrist. Salas isn't a bad choice but I still think V. Brown is a future stud.

Legend
Legend
I would love to get a guy like Moch.

Over the years our defense has proven that "power" isn't good enough to beat the steelers and ravens. We need speed all over our D.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I agree wholeheartedly with that statement.

We have had one of the slowest defenses for years now. Even going back to the Butch Davis 4-3 days (Earl Holmes and Robert Griffith anyone?).

Although we will still have Fujita, Brown, and Gocong everyone else should be pretty fast. Even if we just keep some guys and they play (Jackson, Maiava, and Bernard) we should be faster.

Add in guys like Robert Quinn, Martez Wilson, Quan Sturdivant, Colin McCarthy, Dontay Moch, and/or Bruce Carter and we should have some major speed upgrades.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Over the years our defense has proven that "power" isn't good enough to beat the steelers and ravens. We need speed all over our D.

AND "power" too . . .

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Bummer...Gilchrist gone...

Round 3:

Pick #82: San Diego Chargers - Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
Pick #83: New York Giants - Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
Pick #84: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Mason Foster, LB, Washington
Pick #85: Philadelphia Eagles - Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
Pick #86: Green Bay Packers (from Chiefs) - Sam Acho, DE, Texas
Pick #87: New York Giants (from Colts) - Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State
Pick #88: Kansas City Chiefs (from Saints) - John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin
Pick #89: San Diego Chargers (from Seattle) - Lawrence Guy, DE, Arizona State
Pick #90: Baltimore Ravens - Quinton Carter, S, Oklahoma
Pick #91: Atlanta Falcons - Edmond Gates, WR, Abilene Christian
Pick #92: San Francisco 49ers (from New England) - DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma
Pick #93: Chicago Bears - Greg Little, WR, North Carolina
Pick #94: New York Jets - James Brewer, OT, Indiana
Pick #95: Pittsburgh Steelers - Jason Pinkston, OT, Pittsburgh
Pick #96: Detroit Lions (from Packers through Chiefs) - Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State
cPick #97: Carolina Panthers - Marcus Gilchrist, S, Clemson

Round 4:

Pick #98: Carolina Panthers - Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
Pick #99: Seattle Seahawks (from New England through Denver) - Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh

Also, the Dolphins want to trade up from #111 to my #102, pretty sure they want a TE, Stocker or DJ Williams...they picked RB Ingram in the 1st and OG Rackley in the 3rd

Waiting for the official offer but will consider it, since all the LBs are still on the board...I like them all...Wright, McCarthy and Matthews, even the UConn LB L.Wilson

otoh, Stocker is clearly the BPA and TE while no immediate need, still a need with a 30yo Watson and fragile Moore...thats pretty much all we have there

Would you drop down? What would you want?

7 round draft order:
http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/draftorder.shtml

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
If there are that many players you are targeting at the round, I say do it. If they really want to move up they will probably give you the 6th. If they have two tradeable sevenths, I'd do that, too. Another option is to take a 5th and swap 6ths (our high for their low) with them.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Good idea...I'm aiming for either a 6th+ 1 of their 3 7ths OR a swap for their 5th+ a 7th...guess his initial offer will be 6th only

#gmstrong

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Didn't the Browns cut Yates recently?

IIRC, he is an UFA

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) DawgTalker mock drafts

Link Copied to Clipboard