Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
jc

I traded out of pick #102 and got #111 and #179 from the Dolphins and now have 3 picks in the 6th, will probably try to use 2 of those to trade up if a guy I like drops in the 5th...KJ Wright got picked, 1 of f my list and he was Top5...McCarthy, Vereen, Matthews and Stocker are my favs in no order...

Round 4:

Pick #98: Carolina Panthers - Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
Pick #99: Seattle Seahawks (from New England through Denver) - Tampa_Bucs - Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh
Pick #100: Buffalo Bills - Cedric Thornton, DT/DE, Southern Arkansas
Pick #101: Cincinnati Bengals - Ahmad Black, S, Florida
Pick #102: Miami Dolphins (from Browns) - Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa
Pick #103: Arizona Cardinals - K.J. Wright, LB, Mississippi State

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Looks good!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Dolphins traded up to get Ricki Stanzi in the 4th? I would bet he would have lasted to #111 and if not there are probably 3-4 Qb's of an equivalent caliber still available.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
Legend
Legend
C
McShay has us getting Quinn, Paea, and Hankerson in the first three rounds. If that happens I will be very happy. Kiper has us getting Julio Jones, Jabaal Sheard, and Jarvis Jenkins.

It's very good that this draft is deep at the defensive end and tackle positions because we need a lot of those guys.

Legend
Legend
I don't like that McShay picked Quinn over Patrick Peterson... HUGE DISLIKE if that happens.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Update:

Round 4:

Pick #99: Seattle Seahawks (from New England through Denver) - Tampa_Bucs - Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh
Pick #104: Philadelphia Eagles (from Washington) - DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson
Pick #105: Houston Texans - Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss
Pick #106: Minnesota Vikings - Luke Stocker, TE, Tennessee
Pick #107: Kansas City Chiefs (from Lions) - Colin McCarthy, LB, Miami

Some of my targets are gone and especially Wright and McCarthy hurt, even though I wasn't sure if McCarthy was a 43 fit....anyway, even before the last 2 picks I punted the thought of LB and Offense in my mind...

my #1 target now is DT McClain from S.FLA....1 of the last 3technique UTs left imho that have a chance to impact....drew a lot of praise from scouts and Perts this offseason and is rising up boards....J.Casey from USC is also still on the board but still torn on him...still lots of good TEs, RBs, and WRs left that I just have to punt those positions for the 5th/6th rounders....that's valueland for those positions in this draft

My new board:

1. DT McClain
2. LB Matthews
3. there's no real backup plan yet

What do you think?

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
Not sure if you're wanting to add a safety, but if those two guys are gone, now is probably about the time that Deunta Williams and/or Robert Sands will go.

Legend
Legend
oh, or Rashad Carmichael from VT.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, I'd like to add a FS, CB, WR, OL, 3x DL, 2x LB, backup TE&RB and develop.QB....that's what we still need...there just aren't enough picks to address them all, so I'm looking for value at said position with each pick....I woudl have loved to have some more 3rd to 5th this draft and I wanted to trade down in the 1st and 2nd but no one was interested

S class is pretty weak, and I don't see the value yet even though I like some prospects....torn on Deunta, not high on the NC "cheater" group, it's a character thing....I like Carmichael and along with FS Culliver and Jarrett he's 1 of the DBs high on my board for the next pick or maybe an uptrade

The great press CBs are all gone, so I'll shoot for a good Nickelback with #2 ceiling....there are still many out there...some small schoolers I like, ie Citadel and Richmond CB, Van Dyke, Hogan, Sherman, the BUF kid, Chykie Brown...there's plenty of talent left at CB...same with undersized OLB for our 43...Hogue, Homan, JT Thomas, L.Wilson, Rolle (SS?) and my personal sleeper Harvey from Marshall....there's plenty of starting caliber potential late in this draft at some positions (lesser valued mostly, like 43 OLB, S, RB, TE, slot WR)

otoh McClain is pretty much the last option for a rookie year starter at 3tech DT next to Rubin...and he has some nice value too as he's now projected to go on day 2, rising up boards due to demand

So, McClain would not necessarily be the pure BPA here but he's my last bullet to fill a value position....still doing research on J.Casey though, who could supplant him

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Update:

Round 4:

Pick #105: Houston Texans - Jerrell Powe, DT, Mississippi State
Pick #108: New England Patriots (from San Francisco) - Shane Vereen, RB, California
Pick #109: San Diego Chargers (from Titans) - Stephen Burton, WR, West Texas A&M
Pick #110: Dallas Cowboys - DeMarcus Love, OT, Arkansas
Pick #111: Cleveland Browns (from Dolphins) - Terrell McClain, DT, South Florida

It was a tough decision between C.Matthews, J.Casey and McClain...Matthews would have been the safest pick as both DTs are somewhat boom or bust...McClain, like Casey has mixed reviews on his tape revealing some underachieving typical for DL prospects...he had a great offseason though, in games and drils and add to that high praise from scouts and Mr.Sapp...but I'd rather go boom or bust on a 3tech DT in the 4th (esp. pocketing a 6th along the way) than in the 2nd or 3rd on very similar prospects like Nevis or Liuget

Still some very good football players left on the board...from the top of my head:

TE Kendricks
TE DJ Williams
TE V.Green
RB Todman
RB D.Carter (as much as I like him, no WCO fit though)
RB J. Rodgers
RB D.Locke
WR Salas
WR V.Brown
WR Paul
WR Kerley
WR Harris
WR Shorts
WR R.Johnson
WR Moore
OT Ziemba
OT Hairston
DE Elmore
DE McPhee
DE Cliff Matthews
DT J.Casey
LB Hogue
LB Homan
LB Irving
LB Rolle
LB L.Wilson
LB Harvey

lots of DBs too: Carmichael, Hogan, Thomas, Jarrett, Conte, Skrine, Lindsey, Van Dyke, Burney, C.Brown, J.Brown, Sherman, Rogers

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
If you haven't taken a CB by the time the "compensatory" 7th rolls around, Byron Maxwell is a big corner (6'0", 202) who has 4.4 speed, is a big hitter/solid tackler, and has good ball skills to break up passes. I think he can be a solid depth contributor and has been way under the radar.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks, he's already on my sleeper list along with TE L.Smith OT, W.Smith, LB Harvey and RB D.Lewis

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Update, 1 comp pick left in the 4th....

Round 4:

Pick #105: Houston Texans - Jerrell Powe, DT, Mississippi State
Pick #108: New England Patriots (from San Francisco) - Shane Vereen, RB, California
Pick #109: San Diego Chargers (from Titans) - Stephen Burton, WR, West Texas A&M
Pick #110: Dallas Cowboys - DeMarcus Love, OT, Arkansas
Pick #111: Cleveland Browns (from Dolphins) - Terrell McClain, DT, South Florida
Pick #112: St. Louis Rams - Jeron Johnson, S, Boise State
Pick #113: Oakland Raiders - Lee Ziemba, OT, Auburn
Pick #114: Jacksonville Jaguars - Darvin Adams, WR, Auburn
Pick #115: San Francisco 49ers (from San Diego) - Owen Marecic, FB, Stanford
Pick #116: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jaiquawn Jarrett, S, Temple
Pick #117: Indianapolis Colts (from Giants) - Roy Helu Jr., RB, Nebraska
Pick #118: New Orleans Saints (from Chiefs) - Kristofer O'Dowd, C, USC
Pick #119: Indianapolis Colts - Jah Reid, OT, UCF
Pick #120: Philadelphia Eagles - Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
Pick #121: Jacksonville Jaguars (from New Orleans) - Casey Matthews, LB, Oregon
Pick #122: Buffalo Bills (from Seattle) - Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
Pick #123: Baltimore Ravens - Jordan Todman, RB, Connecticut
Pick #124: Atlanta Falcons - Virgil Green, TE, Nevada
Pick #125: San Francisco 49ers (from New England) - Sione Fua, DT, Stanford
Pick #126: New York Jets - Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado
Pick #127: New England Patriots (from Bears) - Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
Pick #128: Pittsburgh Steelers - Nate Irving, ILB, NC State
Pick #129: Kansas City Chiefs (from Packers) - Cliff Matthews, DE, South Carolina
cPick #130: Tennessee Titans - Lawrence Wilson, OLB, Connecticut
cPick #131: Green Bay Packers -

6picks left, then I'm otc again...

Consideration list...not made up my mind yet, even though WR V.Brown is my fav right now

WR V.Brown
WR Salas
WR Kerley
WR Shorts
WR D.Harris
WR N.Paul
WR R.Johnson
WR Moore
DE McPhee
DE Elmore
RB J.Rodgers
RB J.White
RB D.Lewis
RB T.Jones
RB Locke
CB Carmichael
CB Skrine
CB Van Dyke
CB Chykie Brown
CB C.Allen
CB Sherman
CB S.Wright (academic/durability concerns?)
CB Hogan (character concerns)
CB J.Thomas
S Keo
TE DJ Williams
OT Hairston (overweight?)
T/G D.Arkin
OLB Hogue
LB Homan
OLB Rolle (any OSU followers with opinions on those 2? I think they fit our new scheme)

As you can see....CB, RB and WR are very, very deep...and that makes me wanna punt those positions since I'm confident I can cover them with 1 of my 3 6th rounders...or maybe trade up for 1 I really like and looking at the positions on that list I feel better about gambling on a talented but somewhat underachieving DT in McCLain as the DL and especially 3tech DT pool is absolutely dry now

So many still available that I like and think can contribute and help day 1....I really like many of the CBs, Van Dyke is very, very intriguing as is Skrine but both aren't exactly press-CBs, Chykie Brown otoh is...S.Wright looks like nice value in round 5 but probably not sold on him to pull the trigger...same with Hogan, who by all accounts is a 2nd to 3rd round talent on tape...but his off-field issues are just too much....I like both OL I listed, Hairston has tons of talent and upside left and is already pretty good, Arkin is a rising small school OL...but he seems to be a better fit in a power blocking scheme...I really like all of the RBs listed a lot and even some I left off (B.Powell, Carter, Harper...) and since WR, OLB and CB are bigger needs right now I will probably punt the position to 1 of the 6th rounders as I feel very confident that I can still land of them there

Very high on Hogue and Homan too...Hogue is a WOLB only, Homan I think can play both MLB or WOLB in our scheme

What do you guys think? Any favs?

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
I personally like Rolle over Homan. Much more athletic and has, IMO, better instincts. Most importantly, he was always the LB that stepped up big when the Buckeyes needed a play. Not sure what other buck fans think, though.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I personally like Rolle over Homan. Much more athletic and has, IMO, better instincts. Most importantly, he was always the LB that stepped up big when the Buckeyes needed a play. Not sure what other buck fans think, though.

I agree. I always got the impression watching Homan that college football was going to be his highest calling. He just doesn't seem to have any one skill that is going to allow him to excel in the NFL.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Hmm, thanks for the infos on Homan...strange, I thought he would get more love on here for our new D scheme...

I picked WR Salas in the 5th btw....another tough decision between him, WR V.Brown, OT Hairston and CB VanDyke...the kicker was the WCO fit as Salas is a great, tough and sure handed underneath WR and has the size to develop into an outside WR in time...nice mix of day 1 readiness and upside imho. While Brown's speed wasn't too much of a turn off the fact that Salas has better size AND speed was the kicker between them as I ranked them in the same WR tier for the mid rounds

Round 5:

Pick #132: Carolina Panthers - Jordan Cameron, TE, USC
Pick #133: Buffalo Bills - Shareece Wright, CB, USC
Pick #134: Cincinnati Bengals - Alex Henery, K, Nebraska
Pick #135: Kansas City Chiefs (from Buccaneers) - Byron Stingily, OT, Louisville
Pick #136: Arizona Cardinals - Chykie Brown, CB, Texas
Pick #137: Cleveland Browns - Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii

the last 4th round pick for GB was DE McPhee.....I will most def draft a DB with 1 of my 3 6ths, maybe even 2...other possible positions: RB, OLB, QB and maybe another WR

My Browns mock so far:

1st #6 DE Cam Jordan
2nd #37 T/G Danny Watkins
3rd #70 DE/OLB Dontay Moch
4th #111 DT Terrell McCLain (+ MIA 6th after trade down)
5th #137 WR Greg Salas

Also, creepy...Mayock is saying now exactly what I said weeks ago, AGAIN...1st his comments about Jordan now this...guess he would love my Mock:

Mike Mayock: I would rather draft Dontay Moch in the third round than Justin Houston or Akeem Ayers in the first round. Two years from now, Moch will be a better player.

Mike Mayock: I like Marcus Gilchrist. I'll take him in the third or fourth over than Rahim Moore in the first or second.

Mike Mayock: I would take Dan Watkins late one, early two over Gabe Carimi, Derek Sherrod or Nate Solder in the first.

http://walterfootball.com/pathtothedraft2011_0411.php

#gmstrong

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Quote:

I agree. I always got the impression watching Homan that college football was going to be his highest calling. He just doesn't seem to have any one skill that is going to allow him to excel in the NFL.

Bobby Carpenter, take 2 . . .

Legend
Legend
I was trying to stay away from it but he reminds me of Schlegel.

Legend
Legend
I'd have no complaints about Salas in the 5th.

Are you Mike Mayock?.

I still say you're both wrong about Moch, though. Not that I know enough about Ayers or Houston. I guess in the sense that I'd rather bust a 3rd rounder than a 1st...

N
Legend
Legend
N
at least Homan won't be picked in the 1st round like Carpenter was picked.

DJ - I like the Salas pick. Definitely some value at WR there in your mock.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

at least Homan won't be picked in the 1st round like Carpenter was picked.

DJ - I like the Salas pick. Definitely some value at WR there in your mock.

Man I hope you're wrong about Homan ..... I hope that some team desperate for LB help grabs him at the bottom of the 1st round allowing even better players to drop to us with our 2nd rounder.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Great pick in Salas. Would love for the Browns to pick him. Please forward to Heckert.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks, good to hear that from you

So you think Salas is a legit NFL talent I guess. Give me your take on him...does he have a shot at becoming a #2 outisde WR or is he just a big slot WR? Also, can you tell me something about the other WR? Pilares? he seems to be another draftable Warrior...how does he compare to Salas? Would appreciate any inside info you have on those guys

Update:

Round 5:

Pick #135: Kansas City Chiefs (from Buccaneers) - Byron Stingily, OT, Louisville
Pick #138: Houston Texans - Dwayne Harris, WR, East Carolina
Pick #139: Minnesota Vikings - Robert Sands, S, WVU
Pick #140: Kansas City Chiefs (from Lions) - Brandon Bair, DE, Oregon
Pick #141: San Fransisco 49ers - Deunta Williams, S, North Carolina
Pick #142: Tennessee Titans - Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia
Pick #143: Dallas Cowboys - Akeem Dent, LB, Georgia
Pick #144: Washington Redskins - Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington
Pick #145: St. Louis Rams - Martin Parker, DT, Richmond
Pick #146: Miami Dolphins - DJ Williams, TE, Arkansas

Only Harris, T.Jones and DJ Williams off my list..even though I like Devine and Parker too....I think I'm in good position to get really good value with the 6th rounders

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
How weird is it that there is a Cameron Jordan ..... and a Jordan Cameron in this draft?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/WR/Greg-Salas.php

Greg Salas

Wide Receiver | Hawaii | SR

Height: 6-1 1/2 | Weight: 210 | 40-Time: 4.56

Strengths:
• Terrific height and bulk
• Naturally athletic and pretty smooth
• Soft, reliable hands and good concentration
• Superb ball skills and nice body control
• Able to create and pick up yards after catch
• High football IQ and just knows how to get open
• Tough and not afraid to work across the middle
• Smart and instinctive with a good work ethic
• Durable and will play through pain / injuries
• Lots of experience and was extremely productive

Weaknesses:
• Timed speed is merely average, at best
• Not very quick or explosive and lacks a burst
• Doesn't get much separation. Not a vertical threat
• Isn't a very polished route runner
• Blocking leaves something to be desired
• Played in a system that padded stats

Notes:
Was a three-year starter for the Warriors --- Named 1st Team All-WAC in 2009 and 2010 and also garnered some All-American notice as a senior --- Owns the Hawaii single-season records for receptions and receiving yards as well as the career receiving yards mark --- Will have to overcome fears that he was merely the product of a pass-happy offense --- Finished college career with a bang, catching 13 balls for 214 yards and 2 touchdowns in the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl --- Really improved draft stock with big senior campaign --- Not overly flashy but real solid and profiles as more of a possession type at the next level.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Ok, been awhile since I did one for the Browns and drafttek.com has changed quite a bit. So, this is picking for the Browns based on only who is available in their mock.

#6 Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
#37 Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
#70 Quan Sturdivant, LB, UNC
#102 Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
#137 Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii
#168 Chris L. Rucker, CB, Michigan State
#170 Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse

Peterson was a no-brainer as Dareus, Fairley and Green were all taken. I guess we could go Julio, Cam Jordan or Watt at that point, but I'd rather just grab the last elite guy left.

Cameron Heyward was tough because there are a ton of guys I like in the 2nd round this year. But, his value especially at DE (last DE I think could start all 3 downs next season) was too tough to pass on there.

Tough call between Sturdivant and Vincent Brown. Figured I could grab Salas later.

1 spot away from getting Danny Watkins (I don't mind him that late, obviously). Thought about McPhee, Rodgers, and Marsh, but wanted to get another young prospect for the OL.

Salas is a late round gem. I'm guessing he goes earlier in the actual draft.

Pleasently surprised to see both Rucker and Carter available in the 6th round. Carter is Hardesty insurance. Rucker is because we all know what happens when you have a street FA on the field (even as a nickel back).

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I like the players you got a lot (though I'd have wanted a different OL) but I will be disappointed if we only come away with 1 DL in this draft. Heyward at 37 would be a terrific value, however.

Legend
Legend
speaking of late-round wideouts, anybody hear anything about Jeff Maehl recently? Or Sanzenbacher?

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I like the players you got a lot (though I'd have wanted a different OL) but I will be disappointed if we only come away with 1 DL in this draft. Heyward at 37 would be a terrific value, however.

the RT was between Barksdale, Brewer and Hall. I have seen enough of Hall to not think all that highly of him. Haven't really seen enough of Brewer, so I went with what I know there.

I wanted more DL too, but the ones I wanted went right before my picks at each turn.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I thought Brewer was terrific Senior Bowl Week. Though I don't agree with them, I've seen recent mocks tagging him end of the 2nd round through the 3rd round. I'd be very happy if he was our 4th round selection.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I thought Brewer was terrific Senior Bowl Week. Though I don't agree with them, I've seen recent mocks tagging him end of the 2nd round through the 3rd round. I'd be very happy if he was our 4th round selection.

Fair enough. If Brewer is better, then I'd gladly switch out Barksdale for him and keep the rest as it is.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
No Barksdale fan here, think he's way overrated and a swing OT , G at best....Brewer is a developmental OT, maybe even better suited for the left side than right if he pans out, who should be more valuable for other teams than us obviously....for me both aren't worth Top 4 round picks

Going with drafttek's mock my selections would be:

#6 DE Jordan
#37 FS A.Williams
#70 T/G Watkins
#102 RB Murray
#137 WR Cobb (wtf? site's lost any credibility right there)
#168 DT McClain
#170 CB Skrine

This would be a grand slam HR draft for us, but has 0% chance of happening as Murray, Cobb and McClain will go much earlier, probably all of them in the Top100, Watkins won't slip past the top 2 rounds too...I'd say: punt this "draft" site

#gmstrong

C
Legend
Legend
C
For what it's worth McShay has us taking Peterson with both Quinn and A.J. Green still on the board.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Peterson is a very good prospect, no doubt...but I think the drop off from him to 2nd and 3rd tier CBs isn't as high as for DEs AND we have a Haden at CB but no Haden-like talent at DE yet....that's why I take Jordan even over Peterson...it sets up the rest of the draft better..if you take Peterson, you're gonna miss out value at CB in mid rounds and chase/reach after DL you desperately need

#gmstrong

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't disagree with you about your point of taking the DE (although Jordan would be behind Quinn and Aldon Smith for me) ahead of Peterson, but let me play devil's advocate.

Won't their be some pretty good DE prospects available later in the draft? Guys like Brooks Reed, Justin Houston, Sam Acho, Dontay Moch, Jabaal Sheard, Allen Bailey, and Ricky Elmore should be available when some of our picks roll around.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Guys like Brooks Reed, Justin Houston, Sam Acho, Dontay Moch

I think a lot of people would only put these guys in a 3-4 as OLBs.

N
Legend
Legend
N
lots of talk I've seen that Justin Houston could play either 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE. he's crazy athletic.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Most of the guys you mentioned are gonna end up as situational, 1 trick pony players...maybe very good at that but as deep as everybody keeps repeating this DL-class is, there aren't much more COMPLETE, 3 down DL than in any other drafts imho...Jordan is 1 of the few who can give you AVG to GOOD production on all 3 downs plus scheme versatility....there are some mid round base ends that could turn into 3 down guys if their pass rush improves a bit, but those guys are there every draft too

Reed, Acho and Moch have a shot to be 3 down players in a 3-4 OR 4-3

Update:

Round 5:

Pick #146: Miami Dolphins - D.J. Williams, TE, Arkansas
Pick #147: Jacksonville Jaguars - Ross Homan, LB, Ohio State
Pick #148: Oakland Raiders - Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse
Pick #149: Philadelphia Eagles (from Chargers) - Jacquizz Rogers, RB, Oregon State
Pick #150: Minnesota Vikings (from Giants) - Ian Williams, DT, Notre Dame
Pick #151: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Derrick Locke, RB, Kentucky
Pick #152: Indianapolis Colts - Shiloh Keo, SS, Idaho
Pick #153: Philadelphia Eagles - Stephen Schilling, OG, Michigan
Pick #154: Kansas City Chiefs (from Chiefs through Lions) - Buster Skrine, CB, Tennessee-Chattanooga
Pick #155: Washington Redskins (from Saints) - Alex Green, RB, Hawaii

12 picks left...Hairston, VanDyke and V.Brown still there, a shame that both Rodgers and Locke have been picked but there are still some nice RBs

#gmstrong

N
Legend
Legend
N
I agree that there aren't as many 3down DL in this draft as is being touted. And that Cam Jordan is one of the biggest slam dunks to be a 3down guy.

(I'm gonna keep saying that Moch's shot at being one is more of a shot-in-the-dark though as he's just a speed rusher with no discipline right now)

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Fair enough but I took Moch in the 3rd and labeled it somewhat a gamble...normally I don't even want to gamble with a high 3rd but with Moch the extremely high upside and solide College production made me take the "risk" as I think his floor isn't that low

Update, 9 picks left

Round 5:

Pick #146: Miami Dolphins - D.J. Williams, TE, Arkansas
Pick #147: Jacksonville Jaguars - Ross Homan, LB, Ohio State
Pick #148: Oakland Raiders - Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse
Pick #149: Philadelphia Eagles (from Chargers) - Jacquizz Rogers, RB, Oregon State
Pick #150: Minnesota Vikings (from Giants) - Ian Williams, DT, Notre Dame
Pick #151: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Derrick Locke, RB, Kentucky
Pick #152: Indianapolis Colts - Shiloh Keo, SS, Idaho
Pick #153: Philadelphia Eagles - Stephen Schilling, OG, Michigan
Pick #154: Kansas City Chiefs (from Chiefs through Lions) - Buster Skrine, CB, Tennessee-Chattanooga
Pick #155: Washington Redskins (from Saints) - Alex Green, RB, Hawaii
Pick #156: Seattle Seahawks - Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama
Pick #157: Seattle Seahawks (from Ravens) - Derek Hall, OT, Stanford
Pick #158: Atlanta Falcons - Zach Hurd, OG, UConn
Pick #159: New England Patriots - Tim Barnes, C, Missouri
Pick #160: Chicago Bears - Doug Hogue, OLB, Syracuse

Still available players I like for the late rounds

QB Devlin
QB T.Taylor
QB Yates
FB Havili
RB B.Powell
RB D.Lewis
RB J.Harper
RB D.Scott
WR V.Brown
WR Paul
WR Kerley
WR Shorts
WR R.Johnson
WR Moore
TE L.Smith
OT W.Smith
OT Hairston
DE Elmore
NT Neild
LB Rolle
LB Harvey
FS/CB Culliver
FS/CB Conte
CB VanDyke
CB Carmichael
CB Hogan
CB Burney
CB Sherman
CB Rogers

Looking at the WRs left I maybe regret not having picked up J.Rodgers and go WR in the 6th, esp. if V.Brown is still around (Salas was a goner as many others picking after me were sorry to see him go) ...but WR was the bigger need and you never know when the others start picking a certain position

What's your top 10 out of those here? Anyone else you like?

#gmstrong

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) DawgTalker mock drafts

Link Copied to Clipboard