Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Woo there Kardiac

IN NO WAY, was I trying to slam Diam,,, No,,,,No,,,,,,NO... That was not my intent,,

My intent was to merely show that even he, like all of us, want to and need to show respect for a person.. That was the purpose of my post,,, that and only that...

Secondly,, Hank doesn't have to be a stop gap.,. I do however think that it was what was intended before we found out that Bentley will be out for at least another year..

It's like I told Diam earlier,, it's imparitive that we resign Hank,,, for many reasons, but the biggest one is that he's the best available, he's a good guy, and a hard worker (or so it appears) He fits into this blue collar town very nicely..

I've asked for alternatives and none outside of a rookie that some feel we can get in the second round have been forthcoming..

It's JMO, but letting go of a guy like Hank in favor of hoping that you can get this kid in the draft is a huge gamble.... HUGE for two reasons, 1, we don't know if he'll be there when we go to get him and 2, what if he isn't all that good? See what I mean.,.,

So someone show me a better alternative than Hank Fraley,,, Go ahead,, Make my day

But whatever you do, don't get the idea that I was slamming Diam,,,

Diam, if your reading this,, I'm sorry if I came across that way, it was not my intent,,,


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
Its his wife dude .. she has a much BIGGER EMOTIONAL TIE to him than we do to any player .. ya .. i showed some respect .. and will continue to do so .. go ahead and shoot me ..

u may not believe this but i have actually tip toed around this entire subject for the most part ... simply because of her presence .. and I am glad to do it for alot of reasons ...

Quote:

would you make the comments you make when face to face with someone?




ABSOLUTELY ... ask any of the many that have met me .. I am the same in person as I am in here .. i'm a straight forward guy ... ALWAYS ...

the BIF DIFFERENCE when u meet me ... u can see the smile on my face (its pretty much a constant as God blessed me with a real good disposition .. believe it or not ... its true . *L*) .. and u can HEAR MY TONE OF VOICE ... on hear when i say "are u kdding me, thats just stupid" ... all u see are those cold hard words .. in person u see my smile and hear my tone and see my body actions and it doesnt sound near as harsh and leads to productive convo as opposed to someone getting mad and being defensive as it does on here ..

go ahead .. ask those that met me ... they'll tell U ..

Quote:

I mean, would you make the "Most OVERATED" comment directly to her face?





would i walk up to her and say .. "hey the morons on the board way over rate your hubbie!!!" .. No .. absoltely not .... if it came up in convo .. ABSOLUTELY .. and if his talents and how they fit here came upo .. I'd say the same things i;ve said i this thread ... why?? cause i firmly believe his skill set is a much better fit for other teams in other divisions based on style of play and the personal of the teams in their division that he will be blocking on a weekly basis ..

I'm alot of things bro .. two faced ain't one of them ..

Quote:

If so, then I guess it's fair to do it on here.. If not,,, well... you know




like i said bro .. ask those that know me ..




Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Well, it looks as if you responded to me before you read my response to Kardiac,,,,,,

I certainly hope you understand my motives Diam,,, If not, so be it!


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,704
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,704
Quote:

I think he was a huge upgrade over Faine and we were very lucky to get the guy in here and frankly he was our best linemen last year.




I pretty much agree.

I would sign the guy to a decent contract. We have a whole group of people who always claim we need to build a line yet are the first to say we need to get rid of this guy and that guy....yep...that's building.

Ink the guy to 4-5 years. That is building a line.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15,188
Quote:

It is NOT possible to fix the Browns o-line with entirely FA signings. Likewise, second day projects like Isaac Sowells will only take us so far.




I agree 100% on both points .. been preaching them for years .. how about that . another thing we agree on .. *L*

were gonna have to stop that ..

Quote:

Yes, the Browns could take an o-lineman in rd 2 or 3. But, there is a reason that guy dropped to the 2nd or 3rd round... because he isn't as good as the guys picked in front of him.






it depends on theposition .. u can get real good gaurds in rnd 2 .. due to the nature of the position its when the good ones start going .. at gaurd u can even get good ones on day 2 and a few even go undrafted ..

u can also get decent LT's EARLY IN RND 2 ..

i have preached OL from day 1 on this board (actually both sides of the trenches) and know how VALUABLE IT is .. and u can build it with 2nd and 3rd rnd guys and have a pretty good OL .. it is possible ..

and if we take Joe .. u wont hear a word from me if BQ is available .. i wll be dissapointed bu wotn say a negative word .. if BQ is gone .. i will be THRILLED and VERY EXCITED ..

we just differ in that i KNOW we can build the OL AND draft BQ .. where as u don't ..




Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
1st String
Offline
1st String
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
just clicking

jeez..........

Although I don't like reading negative things about Hank, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

What they have offered isnt one year stop gap money. I think its funny that some people think if he left here he would be a back-up somewhere else! And if he signed it would be for crap money and he wouldnt be happy. haha. I'm sorry to laugh, but we have so many friends in pro football as coaches, we know exactly where we stand.

Hank was traded from philly because they were not going to pay him once he was a free agent. Instead they inked JJ to a SEVEN year deal with only 1.75 up front............ the longer the deal the more of a bonus you should get. His contract is back loaded and incentive based and they took the chance he would do a good enough job. Everywhere we go fans in Philly tell Hank how much he was missed this year and ask if there is any chance Philly will bring him back. Philly is all about business......... its apparent in how they handled things with Garcia.

Listen, I dont want to sound like I think Hank is the best center in the league, but he held his own for this team. That is something the players and coaches know. His line coach has called quite frequently as have alot of the teammates he works with telling him they hope the deal gets done because they really want him back. The browns are actually trying to re-sign him before he hits the market, and quite frankly if they give us what we think is best for our family in a per year average then he will sign. We are pretty close actually and should hear back sometime this afternoon.

Last edited by Danielle66; 03/01/07 12:23 PM.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,445
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,445
Quote:

We are pretty close actually and should hear back sometime this afternoon.




U Go Girl...Super...

Love when u post...

Counter to a counter...One counter left...lol...

If it's that close it'll get done...U can't get Close and not make that last lil' change...

Obviously he's WANTED...

Good job...I can't wait to pick the numbers apart...lol

Last edited by Dawg in Dayton; 03/01/07 12:25 PM.

Go Browns!!!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,483
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,483
Woohooo! I hope and pray that the FO gives Hank exactly what you guys need and want. I for one will be very sad to see him in a different uniform. I really enjoy watching what he can do at center. (nice to see a center go at it like that in the trenches and then make plays downfield.) Please keep us informed Danielle.


[Linked Image from i8.photobucket.com]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
I couldn't be happier to hear that Danielle,,,, I hope hank and of course you, are here for years to come,,,,,


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 605
R
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 605
Quote:

We are pretty close actually and should hear back sometime this afternoon.









I hope it happens. If it isn't a problem for you, we would love to hear back from you after your afternoon status.


Is is just me or has this week been the longest yet of the offseason?
Can't wait to see what transpires in the next 24 hours.


"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
1st String
Offline
1st String
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
Quote:

Quote:

We are pretty close actually and should hear back sometime this afternoon.









I hope it happens. If it isn't a problem for you, we would love to hear back from you after your afternoon status.


Is is just me or has this week been the longest yet of the offseason?
Can't wait to see what transpires in the next 24 hours.




who knows it might go right down to 11:59.
I hope not, I'm waiting to hear from Hank who is waiting to hear from his agents, who heard from the Browns this morning saying they would counter the 2nd counter this afternoon!! haha

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,869
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,869
Whew thank the lord, at least we are trying to sign him.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,445
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,445
What kinda car u want???...lol...

Caddy Escalade for the Kiddies...

Vette Z06 for Momma...

Gotta have the Boat being on Lake Erie...Baja's are sweet...



Go Browns!!!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We are pretty close actually and should hear back sometime this afternoon.









I hope it happens. If it isn't a problem for you, we would love to hear back from you after your afternoon status.


Is is just me or has this week been the longest yet of the offseason?
Can't wait to see what transpires in the next 24 hours.




who knows it might go right down to 11:59.
I hope not, I'm waiting to hear from Hank who is waiting to hear from his agents, who heard from the Browns this morning saying they would counter the 2nd counter this afternoon!! haha




you and me both... if you look at the avaiable centers... There is no question I want hank back plus if you also take into consideration... he played very well at the end of the year once he stopped thinking and stared just playing the game. I can't wait to see how well he will do in our team's uni for the second year. I expect him to really show self improvement in the upcomming season. I'm checkin in the board whenever I can so hopefully I will see... HANK SIGNS! (before 11:59)


Meh.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 880
F
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
F
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 880
Danielle, that sure makes me a happy camper. To me in this free agency period the number one priority is getting Hank back in front of a Browns QB!!

To quote some redneck!!!

Get 'er done!

C'mon Phil, Git 'er done!


And the next head coach is ......
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
If we get Fraley locked up, it's one less than to worry about. Git 'er done, phil.


[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 880
F
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
F
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 880
Hey lamp!

Two posts at the same time, with the same content.

Great Minds think alike, huh?!


And the next head coach is ......
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
Jeezuz H. fargo. We're both rednecks with the same 'neck thought at the same time..


[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
We just did it again! lol.


[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 880
F
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
F
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 880
Must be all the fricken snow we're getting. It's iced my brain!


And the next head coach is ......
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 901
A
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 901
Diam, sorry everyone is piling on, but now you have to see most of us want hank. I want him for various reasonns, and my main one isn't his level of play really (though its a close second) I for one am just tired of hearing how football is "just a business". Maybe it is, but that doens't mean I have to like it. I like hank cause he fits. If I could pick Bronws players I'd put him on the squad. Stupid? Maybe. Plus I just remember how bad it sucked going through the center revolving door, and how GREAT it was when we got hank and he stepped right in there and played great all year. I hope we hear Hank signed today, Dielman and Clements tomorrow, and draft Thomas or petterson. Damn that would be sweet. (oh and a starting G in round 2.)

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 830
R
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 830
Good luck, Hopefully things go well and we can bring some stability to the center position with Hank.


Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
1st String
Offline
1st String
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
Quote:

What kinda car u want???...lol...

Caddy Escalade for the Kiddies...

Vette Z06 for Momma...

Gotta have the Boat being on Lake Erie...Baja's are sweet...






no no no.............

when this deal is signed it will be all about saving.

I got a hummer for christmas, Hank has his suburban, we have a boat to bring to lake erie and the kids have a dirt bike that they are not even old enough to ride.

We're all set in the "things" department. At least I am....well...something shiny would be cool I suppose!!

Anyhow, we'll have to find a house out there if we sign so that will be another living expense because we will keep our house in NJ.

Plus......... the gov't takes a good bit of the contract............ close to half.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,732
No offence, but you guys can live in an alley for all I care, as long as Hank signs with Cleveland.


[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
1st String
Offline
1st String
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
hahaha.

I would just like to know where I am living next year.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Quote:


At least I am....well...something shiny would be cool I suppose!!






what is it with women and shiny things?

I got a great Idea... I'm going to chrome my ass so more women will want me

Last edited by superbowldogg; 03/01/07 01:52 PM.

Meh.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,124
B
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,124
Quote:

Anyhow, we'll have to find a house out there if we sign so that will be another living expense because we will keep our house in NJ.




You're dollar can go a lot farther in the greater Cleveland real estate market!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,531
A
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,531
Quote:

Quote:

Anyhow, we'll have to find a house out there if we sign so that will be another living expense because we will keep our house in NJ.




You're dollar can go a lot farther in the greater Cleveland real estate market!




x2

Here's my bottom line: we need as much stability on the line as possible. The fact that another guard is coming in, and we're likely gonna draft a guard to start day one is gonna shake things up enough. I'd like to keep 3 of the 5 linemen the same.

Plus, name me a better center out there on the market, you can't. Add some quality guards and his play will get better too. Gotta remember he played with two bums beside him.

Get 'r done...please.

Last edited by Ammo; 03/01/07 02:20 PM.
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 59
E
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
E
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 59
how bout something shiny for Hank too...like say a superbowl ring???

best of luck....hopefully something gets done today that is good for both sides


[Linked Image from img87.imageshack.us]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,563
T
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,563
j/c

SIGN THE GUY IN MY SIG!

I seriously think that we would make a HUGE mistake if we let Hank go. He is prolly the best Center on the market right now, and we have 0 depth behind him. Get the job done Phil!


you had a good run Hank.
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 832
M
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
M
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 832
Quote:

Here's my bottom line: we need as much stability on the line as possible.




While I do not believe Hank is a part of the problem (I want him back)...

Frye/Anderson were sacked 52 times in 2006.
On AVERAGE, the o-line gave up 3.25 sacks per game.
The Browns were 31st in the NFL in rushing offense with 83 yards per game.

I don't think stability should be the goal for that unit.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,574
A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,574
Giants | Team expects to lose O'Hara
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 08:59:23 -0800 KFFL.com

Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants and C Shaun O'Hara are far apart on a new contract, according to someone in direct contact with both sides. The person said the Giants are "almost certain" that O'Hara will enter free agency and sign with another team.


____________________________

Savage has plans A. B. and C. I assure you..

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 765
T
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 765
Quote:

Giants | Team expects to lose O'Hara
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 08:59:23 -0800 KFFL.com

Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants and C Shaun O'Hara are far apart on a new contract, according to someone in direct contact with both sides. The person said the Giants are "almost certain" that O'Hara will enter free agency and sign with another team.


____________________________

Savage has plans A. B. and C. I assure you..






Been there and done that. No thanks.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 309
S
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
S
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 309
I also hope that Hank plays for our Browns. I have a good feeling that he will be our starting center for a few years. Good Luck Hank and Danielle! We want you to stay part of our family.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,882
Cleveland.com article posted a little while ago

Browns' center Fraley headed to free agency
Posted by Tony Grossi March 01, 2007 16:32PM

Hank Fraley is heading into free agency after failing to reach a contract agreement with the Browns, his agent told The Plain Dealer.

"Given where things are, we're inclined to do that, yes," Ralph Cindrich said Thursday afternoon. "It doesn't looke like we'll get the Hank thing done."

Phil Savage, Browns general manager, was not immediately available for comment.

Fraley's impending defection leaves the Browns with no natural center under contract. The pickings in free agency at center are slim. Former Browns Shaun O'Hara, who played the past few years for the New York Giants, is the best available.

Fraley rescued the Browns last season when he arrived in a trade the week before the season opener and stabilized a position in turmoil after the LeCharles Bentley injury. Fraley was the team's sixth -- and last -- center from the beginning of training camp. He did not miss an offensive snap through 16 games.

Fraley, 29, was acquired from Philadelphia for the Browns' seventh-round draft pick in 2008.

The NFL free agent signing period begins at midnight tonight.

-- Tony Grossi, tgrossi@plaind.com


[Linked Image]


“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,531
A
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,531
I'm getting a sick pit in my stomach.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 605
R
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 605
DOH!!!!!!!!!!


"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,445
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,445
Grossi don't know squat...

Stay tuned...


Go Browns!!!
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 121
H
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
H
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 121
Danielle you out there?? We want Hank! We want Hank!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Relax we still have another 5 hours and 23 min to get it done


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum C Hank Fraley will test the market Among other Browns..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5