Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,704
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,704
leave her alone...she can't say anything.

The market is ripe for players to go into FA to prove their point.

Teams have cash and are going to spend it. Signing today would cost him several hundreds of thousands of dollars.

In this business, you squeeze out every dollar you can.

I would expect as the team that last held a contrat to at least be given a chance to beat a deal by a dollar. If not, he didn't want to be be here and it is probably best for us he goes.

It's nothing personal....it is just business.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
O
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
O
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
Why not? She's said an amazing amount allready, hehe.


***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 157
R
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 157
Heard Savage on the radio this morning and he said that they are going to work on a contract all the way up till midnight tonight.
They are trying to resign him. The best contract they are going to offer him prior to free agency will come at 11:55 pm.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 253
1st String
Offline
1st String
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 253
I just want Hank to be a Brown theres no reason to add another void to this team.


[Linked Image from img507.imageshack.us]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 157
R
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 157
Another thing that isn't being thought of is the fact that us "Message Board GM's" could be driving his cost up.
We all know his wife reads the boards and even contributed prior to the contract negotiations.
I mean no disrespect in anyway with this, I am personally thankful for the job he did last year, but maybe we are overhyping him and it may be helping to inflate his self worth beyond reality and beyond what the team feels his actual play and skill level is worth.
We do have a need for a center and he has a need for a new contract. Fair is fair and right is right. If he wants way more than he's really worth then as much as I hate to say it, let him walk.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 765
T
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 765
Hanks Agent: I understand Phil but here's the deal. The BOARD feels that you need to sign my client, and I for one agree with them.


Opie: Damn......If I cant get anything done without the boards approval we will never have a winner in this town!!



Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 901
A
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 901
that's pretty funny.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
O
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
O
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,015
While I know for a fact the FO people check the boards from time to time, you can rest easier knowing that we have absolutely zero influence on his value, either real or perceived

If he does have an overinflated sense of self-value, reality will smack him right back to us with pen in-hand.


***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,671
R
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,671
You make the best offer you feel that you can offer. If it is outbid by another...so be it. There are many additions and subtractions to come before we suit up next Sept. and I'm betting on Savage's plan rather than Hank's agent's wish list.

There is a great chance we may have plenty of good news by Sunday AM...let us hope for the best with Hank but remember one piece of the puzzle is...just one piece of the puzzle.


The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, .
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 157
R
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 157
Good one!
What I was saying is we are pimping him like he is the second coming and that he is irreplaceable. There are several posts saying to basically pay him whatever he wants because we have no other choice.
His wife is reading this and telling him the public opinion of the situation. Hell maybe he is even reading this himself.
Either way when you feel like you hold all the cards you become a hard person to deal with.
More food for thought. Prisco just posted a top 50 free agent article and Fraley didn't make the list.
O'Hara is no. 20
Coleman is no. 44
Not everyone sees Fraley in the same Orange glasses.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,566
Quote:

There is a great chance we may have plenty of good news by Sunday AM...let us hope for the best with Hank but remember one piece of the puzzle is...just one piece of the puzzle.





Yes O wiseman,,,, thank you sir!

But you are right,,


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955
Quote:

While I know for a fact the FO people check the boards from time to time




This board or that main POS?


#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 765
T
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 765
Roaddawg, I wasnt really cutting on you for what you said, it was just when i read that an absurd image popped into my head about the board and the front office. We have been known to poke fun at "what things would be like if" the BOARD has their say. In all fairness Hank has been the best center we have had since 99 O'hara included though I cant remember if O'hara played guard when he was with us and Dave Wollabaugh was the center. The past O-lineman are rather forgettable which is why most of us want Fraley back. He played well for us this year. That is what counts.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
1st String
Offline
1st String
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
Looks like I'll need to find a browns jersey for the baby!!!!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,744
L
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
L
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,744
Quote:

Looks like I'll need to find a browns jersey for the baby!!!!




Congrats and thanks for the news


Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 309
S
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
S
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 309
wooooooooooohooooooooooooooo

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 112
B
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
B
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 112
are u kidding

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
W000H0000000 !!!!

Congrats to you & Hank, and the Cleveland Browns


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
Hey, can I be cheesy like the media outlets and blast "You Heard it Here First!!!" all over the place??


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
1st String
Offline
1st String
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
we should be in cleveland for the next 4 years!!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Quote:

Looks like I'll need to find a browns jersey for the baby!!!!





I'm dancing I'm dancing!!!!

wahooo!!!!


Meh.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,531
A
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,531
WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Quote:

we should be in cleveland for the next 4 years!!




so that means we have to put up with you for that long?


Meh.
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 59
E
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
E
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 59
Quote:

we should be in cleveland for the next 4 years!!




http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2007/03/browns_center_fraley_headed_to.html


hank is resigned and tony grossi is a fool...makes my day


[Linked Image from img87.imageshack.us]
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 765
T
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 765
Nice way to lead things off tonight!!!


Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
That's freaking awesome Danielle.... I'm glad you guys are staying here


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
1st String
Offline
1st String
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
Quote:

That's freaking awesome Danielle.... I'm glad you guys are staying here




we're pretty happy too!

thanks for all the support!!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 478
H
1st String
Offline
1st String
H
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 478
congrats Danielle,

Christmas has begun

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 605
R
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 605
Quote:

Looks like I'll need to find a browns jersey for the baby!!!!






Giddy-up!

Just got home from work (didn't make squat) and find this excellent news.

thank you Daneille!


Wait, why am I so happy for some other guy to make millions while I make Zero dollars today ?!?!?

Either way, glad to have you stay HANK


"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 214
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 214
Is that the same picture in your sig as a couple of weeks ago or does that boy just get more handsome every time you post
I like what I just read...I like what big Hank brings to the table...er field
Thanks for insight all yr & NEXT YEAR TOOOOO
dont tease us old farts
TO you,HANK &and all the little ones

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Hey Danielle you should start a new post

I dunno if we can link hank though...


Meh.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
1st String
Offline
1st String
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
Quote:

Is that the same picture in your sig as a couple of weeks ago or does that boy just get more handsome every time you post
I like what I just read...I like what big Hank brings to the table...er field
Thanks for insight all yr & NEXT YEAR TOOOOO
dont tease us old farts
TO you,HANK &and all the little ones




There.... new pic of the newest DAWG

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 504
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 504
Quote:

we should be in cleveland for the next 4 years!!




Best News I've heard all day!

And i even got an A on a speech in my communications class today that I spent a day working on!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF WOOF!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
1st String
Offline
1st String
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 167
Quote:

Hey Danielle you should start a new post

I dunno if we can link hank though...




I'd rather wait til its all finalized. Its agreed upon though.
Just wanted to let you all know. I'm sure it will hit the press soon and you can start a new thread and link it!!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 605
R
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
R
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 605
LOL Nice pic. just add some orange to it and your set for the pound


"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
Quote:

Hey Danielle you should start a new post

I dunno if we can link hank though...




nah, keep it all in this thread.

Free Agency kicks off in 3 hours.... this place is likely to get real cluttered real fast I'm thinking


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,583
thanks for the heads up and thinking about all of us!

now I'm kinda currious how long it will take for the press to find out...


Meh.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,227
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,227
Thanks for the heads up Danielle, this is definitely good news! Congrats to you and your family!

Nice start to FA for us - we needed to keep Hank around.


We're... we're good?
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,863
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,863
I am very happy that Hank has been resigned.

This made my day.

Congratulations.


Welcome back, Joe, we missed you!…. That did not age well.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 149
Practice Squad
Offline
Practice Squad
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 149
Quote:

Quote:

we should be in cleveland for the next 4 years!!




http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2007/03/browns_center_fraley_headed_to.html


hank is resigned and tony grossi is a fool...makes my day




That is awsome Danielle. I can not wait to see how well Charlie will do having Hank in there from off-season to end of season. That has got to be a relief for Hank (and you ) as well, knowing who his team and QB is going to be before the season starts.

"Alright Hank, Charlie, enough waitin around. Get Practicin'!!"


Hears to hoping Dorsey is the Browns Ozzie Newsome.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum C Hank Fraley will test the market Among other Browns..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5