Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#588913 04/27/11 03:02 PM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I saw 3.99 a gallon, hurumph!!!!!!!! Hey I did't get a hurumph out of that guy!!

LET'S GO BROWNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Linked Image]
[b]WOOF WOOF[b]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I've seen as high as $4.99 here. SOOoooo glad I sold my car year and half ago.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
My goodness, I saw $4.09 for the cheap stuff the other day here and thought that was bad. $4.99 - that's a cheap 6 pack not a gallon of gas

A
Legend
Legend
A
You can literally see the economy tanking - no pun intended.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was in Chicago last weekend and saw prices at $4.39.

Legend
Legend
If I hear one more liberal on the radio whine that drilling won't solve the problem because that would take 5 years to impact the market I swear I'm going to climb the nearest tower with a high powered weapon and a scope.. I've been hearing that same stupid argument for 30 years. Write it down, 5 years from now we will be having energy problems and idiots will still be saying that drilling won't solve it because it will take 5 years for that oil to hit the market..

Get the tree huggers the hell out of the way and drill for oil in Alaska, in the shallow waters of the gulf, off the atlantic coast, etc... if one stands in the way, put a 20 foot section of pipe on the drill auger and drill it up their azz.

yebat' Putin
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
$4.17 for 87 here in Northern Indiana

A
Legend
Legend
A
I agree - not with getting on a tower with a rifle - not with drilling someone in the anal cavity - but with the "it will take 5 or 10 years for that oil to do anything" aspect.

Had we drilled 10 years ago - we'd be reaping the benefits now. So why put it off?

On a slightly different note - what it comes down to is the american dollar (well, part of it). Other countries are damn leery of the u.s. dollar right now, and rightfully so.

Throw in that we can't drill in the gulf - but we'll pay other countries to do it.....added with we can't drill in the sea north of alaska because we forgot to account for ONE SINGLE ICE BREAKING ship that will pollute too much.......

And who makes these decisions? Gov't - the people that don't have to worry about their jobs. Don't worry about gas prices, because they get automatic raises, on and on and on.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

If I hear one more liberal on the radio whine that drilling won't solve the problem because that would take 5 years to impact the market

I'm a little confused here. If we start drilling today, when do you think that the impact will be felt at the pump or in the market, as you put it?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
A day earlier than if we drill tomorrow and a year sooner than if we wait a year.

The point is that if you are dumb enough to buy into the argument of "let's not do it because it doesn't change now", then you're never going to do it.

You MUST do it now so that after those 5 years go by, you actually have the oil. In the interim, you take whatever other measures you might be considering, but you do NOT discount something's long term value simply because it doesn't give you impact today. That is blatant short sighted stupidity.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

If I hear one more liberal on the radio whine that drilling won't solve the problem because that would take 5 years to impact the market

I'm a little confused here. If we start drilling today, when do you think that the impact will be felt at the pump or in the market, as you put it?

Dude - do you seriously NOT see the point being made? Honestly??????? What he's saying is 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 15 years ago, 20 years ago - people were saying "why do it now, it will take 5 years to get anything from it".

You must be of the new u.s. thought process. If it won't help me in the next 24 hours, why do it?

Do you not get what he's saying????? The "reason" we didn't drill for OUR oil years ago is because people said "it won't help for 5 or 10 years."

Newsflash for you: HAD WE DONE IT 10 YEARS AGO, we'd be seeing the benefit of it now!!!!!!!

A
Legend
Legend
A
Are you one that waits to do his laundry until all your clothes are dirty? After all, why wash today if you have clothes for tomorrow, right?

Do you wait to buy groceries until you have no food? After all, why buy food today if you won't eat it for a week, or a month, right?

Can you see the parallels?

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Quote:

If I hear one more liberal on the radio whine that drilling won't solve the problem because that would take 5 years to impact the market I swear I'm going to climb the nearest tower with a high powered weapon and a scope.. I've been hearing that same stupid argument for 30 years. Write it down, 5 years from now we will be having energy problems and idiots will still be saying that drilling won't solve it because it will take 5 years for that oil to hit the market..

Get the tree huggers the hell out of the way and drill for oil in Alaska, in the shallow waters of the gulf, off the atlantic coast, etc... if one stands in the way, put a 20 foot section of pipe on the drill auger and drill it up their azz.

I actually agree with you that we should be doing more drilling here in the US. However, I just finished a book by John Hofmeister, former CEO of Shell, and he seems to think that increased drilling here in the US really would have very limited effect on prices. His two points were first, the argument you put forth. Second, he also put out there that there is still tons of oil under the earth, but that most of the "easy" oil is gone. Of the "easy" oil left, much of it is in the Middle East, which is why we rely on them in the first place. Most of what is left will be more costly to extract, and thus more pricey.

So I say go ahead with more drilling in an environmentally responsible way (within reason; I'm not so sure the recent EPA ruling is reasonable). But don't count on that to completely save us from rising prices.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Tell us what you really think next time. Coincidentally, I agree with you. If there was oil found at Mount Rushmore, I'd be for drilling through Washington's head to get at it.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

Exxon Scores $11B in Profits

Apr 28, 2011
It's oil giant's best quarter since 2008

(Newser) – Gas prices are soaring, and so are Exxon Mobil's profits. The oil giant raked in $10.65 billion in profits in the first quarter of 2011, its best performance since the gas price spike of 2008. The $2.14-per-share profit well exceeded analysts' $2.04 estimates, the AP reports. The company seems to be expecting a blowback, because it posted a blog post yesterday offering a preemptive response to "the inevitable headlines and sound bites about high gasoline prices."

In the post, VP of public and government affairs Ken Cohen protests that Exxon has little control over oil prices, which are set on the global market, or even gas prices at Exxon and Mobil stations, 95% of which are owned by local franchisees. "For every gallon of gasoline we sold in the United States in the last three months of 2010," he writes, "we earned a little more than 2 cents per gallon." He also says that the company has paid more in US taxes over the past five years than it has earned in the US.

web page

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #588928 04/28/11 12:32 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm all for the oil companies making profit. I own stock in them and am happy with the dividend payments

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
mac #588929 04/28/11 12:33 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Have you seen what they pay in taxes?

If your man crush O would unleash the forces of our energy companies to drill and build refineries prices would drop tomorrow.

mac #588930 04/28/11 12:48 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Mac apparently thinks that an American oil company making profits is a bad thing.

Too bad it wasn't $100 billion! Just imagine how much they could have made if Obama hadn't put a moratorium on oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and everywhere else.

mac #588931 04/28/11 01:24 PM
Legend
Legend
So the fact that the auto manufacturers have finally figured out how to make a profit is a good thing but the fact that an oil company always makes a profit is a bad thing?

And why is it that in 2008 when you posted crap like this it always had a statement of yours at the end with a George Bush reference in it? Where is the reference to the President?

yebat' Putin
mac #588932 04/28/11 01:31 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
They make 2 pennies per gallon sold mac. Had they operated at a break even level for the quarter - it would've saved you 2 pennies for every gallon.

Now, let's look at the billions they spend: drilling for the oil. Leasing the land from the gov't. (any u.s. oil rigs anyway). Money spent on permits (paid to the gov't.). Money spent on gov't. mandated safety. The thousands of people they employ, on and on and on.

But making 2 pennies for what costs the consumer roughly $4.00?

The volume of gas sold - see, that's where the profit comes from. Does that make sense?

I spend $80 to get 20 gallons of gas, and the company that drilled it, refined it, paid their employees, etc - makes 40 cents? Hardly anything to be upset about.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Have you seen what they pay in taxes?

If your man crush O would unleash the forces of our energy companies to drill and build refineries prices would drop tomorrow.

Exxon hits back at gas price anger

By Ben Rooney, staff reporterApril 28, 2011: 12:47 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- In an attempt to deflect rising anger among American drivers and political leaders, Exxon Mobil said Thursday that it makes relatively little money producing and selling gasoline, even as the oil company reported a nearly $11 billion quarterly profit.

Ken Cohen, Exxon Mobil's vice president of public and government affairs, attributed the recent surge in oil prices to a combination of rising global demand, political instability in the Middle East and a weak U.S. dollar.

In a lengthy statement sent to reporters, Cohen lashed out at the task force recently created by the Obama administration to crack down on speculation in the oil market.

"We understand that it's simply too irresistable for many politicians in times of high oil prices and high earnings -- they feel they have to demonize our industry," he said.

Cohen also said federal and state taxes make up 40 to 60 cents of the price for a gallon of gas, compared with the 7 cents per gallon that Exxon Mobil earns.

He argued that most of the company's profit comes from its overseas operations, and that earnings in its refining business, which converts crude into oil and diesel, make up only 6% of its earnings.

In response to recent criticism of tax loopholes for the oil industry, Cohen said Exxon has paid nearly $59 billion in U.S. taxes over the last five years, including $9.8 billion last year.

CNN Money

yebat' Putin
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

They make 2 pennies per gallon sold mac. Had they operated at a break even level for the quarter - it would've saved you 2 pennies for every gallon

arch...and you also believe that Exxon Mobil pays $113 a barrel for their oil, right?

...one born every day...

mac #588935 04/28/11 02:02 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

They make 2 pennies per gallon sold mac. Had they operated at a break even level for the quarter - it would've saved you 2 pennies for every gallon

arch...and you also believe that Exxon Mobil pays $113 a barrel for their oil, right?

...one born every day...

I don't know what you're talking about. Do you?

From the article YOU put up - it says they make 2 pennies for every gallon of gas they sell. YOU posted it.

I have no clue what they pay for a barrel of oil. Do you?

And furthermore, how does that affect the fact that, from YOUR article - they make 2 pennies per gallon?

So now - you don't answer questions, but now you don't like people using the info YOU post?

mac #588936 04/28/11 02:15 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Apr 28, 2011
It's oil giant's best quarter since 2008

(Newser) – Gas prices are soaring, and so are Exxon Mobil's profits. The oil giant raked in $10.65 billion in profits in the first quarter of 2011, its best performance since the gas price spike of 2008. The $2.14-per-share profit well exceeded analysts' $2.04 estimates, the AP reports. The company seems to be expecting a blowback, because it posted a blog post yesterday offering a preemptive response to "the inevitable headlines and sound bites about high gasoline prices."

In the post, VP of public and government affairs Ken Cohen protests that Exxon has little control over oil prices, which are set on the global market, or even gas prices at Exxon and Mobil stations, 95% of which are owned by local franchisees. "For every gallon of gasoline we sold in the United States in the last three months of 2010," he writes, "we earned a little more than 2 cents per gallon." He also says that the company has paid more in US taxes over the past five years than it has earned in the US.

web page

Oil prices go up. Oil companies make more money. It's that simple. It has nothing to do with the price of gas, except that the price of oil often dictates where the price of gas goes.

Also, I thought high oil prices were a Liberal's/Democrat's wet dream because the higher price would mean less people using it and driving in the name of Global Warming. But then again, when oil prices go low, they want to tax it higher, when oil prices go up, they clamor about it and let the blame go towards the "evil" "evil" oil companies. In the end, liberals want to see the oil prices go higher.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
A
Legend
Legend
A
What still confuses me is when Bush was president, CERTAIN people KNEW high gas prices were the direct result of Bush and the oil companies being in collusion.

Since O has been president - I don't recall hearing a word from those people.

One term, gas prices are the fault of the president. Next term, higher gas prices - and the president is just fine. Odd how that happens, isn't it?

mac #588938 04/28/11 02:58 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

...one born every day...

mac, just admit the truth.. you have NO IDEA how Exxon Mobil makes most of its money. You have NO IDEA how this huge global corporation generates profits from its many business interests...

All you know is what most liberals know... part of their business is refining and selling gasoline, gas prices are up, they are making a lot of money.. therefore, they are evil and must be stopped.

yebat' Putin
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Here's a line I heard that applies to mac -

He DON'T KNOW that he don't know.

It's too bad that the website TSMOE.com (The Stupidest Man On Earth) is already taken. I've actually talked a bit with that dude on another website, I think mac has him beat.

Legend
Legend
ObamBo aside, I have never seen it over $4 where I live and 4.15 was "revealed" this morning,...just when I get ready to drive to Darlington next weekend,...

In the summer of '72 when I had the only real job I ever had before joining the Marines, I pumped gas at a full-serve in Austintown for .25 a gallon. (Not counting the paper route,...).

I believe in profits and capatalism, but the share/cut this takes out of my disposable income, as compared to then, nearly makes me decide to not work.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I paid $3.89 a gallon at about 3pm today... but their was a guy on the phone at the pump next to me (didn't think you were allowed to do that but I digress) and he was saying it's going up to $4.25 soon - don't know where he got his info or if he's just tellin' tales... just tellin' ya what I heard.

I've seen $3.99 at a couple spots this week, also noticed tumbleweeds blowing across their lot. At this point I fully expect to see $4 everywhere by the weekend. Awesome.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
A
Legend
Legend
A
It was $3.97 here this morning - about 10 a.m. At 4:00 it was $4.15. And once the refineries get into their "summer blend" routine it will go up another 10 or 15 cents a gallon just for that.......

4 wheeling in Indiana this summer again? Not looking like it.

Heading up north in the middle of summer to the camp I've going to 39 out of my 42 years? Highly doubt it.

20 minute drive to a good restaurant after church every Sunday? Not every Sunday anymore.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
arch...did you know that big oil takes their profits out of the pot before they allow the station owners to make 2 or 3 cents per gallon?

...in other words, the 2 or 3 cents per gallon profit the gas station owners make are the crumbs Exxon Mobil (big oil) allows them to have "after" they first take their $11 billion profits.

It's time to dismantle the so called the "oil market"...it is a simply shell game big oil has been playing and getting away with...time to end it...

...also, what the heck is our government doing subsidizing big oil? ...time to take those tax payer BILLIONS away from big oil...I'm sure everyone agrees with that. .

Legend
Legend
I filled up yesterday for $3.59, today it was down a penny to $3.58.

#GMSTRONG
mac #588945 04/28/11 06:43 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

arch...did you know that big oil takes their profits out of the pot before they allow the station owners to make 2 or 3 cents per gallon?

Well, since 95% of exxon's stations are privately owned, exactly when SHOULD they take the profit??????

Here's how it works: Exxon makes a product. Gas. They sell their product - gas - to, get this: gas stations. Once the stations buy it, Exxon is done with it. Tell me again, WHEN should Exxon make a profit?

Did you know that the company that sells widgets to Wal-Mart takes their profit when they sell the widget to Wal-mart? Did you know that? They don't wait for Wal Mart to sell the widgets.

Interesting concept, isn't it?
Quote:

...in other words, the 2 or 3 cents per gallon profit the gas station owners make are the crumbs Exxon Mobil (big oil) allows them to have "after" they first take their $11 billion profits.

A gas station owner would tell you he'd be elated with 2 or 3 cents profit per gallon sold. What that has to do with Exxon I have no idea. And, obviously, you don't either.

Again, according to the info YOU posted, 95% of the Exxon stations are privately owned. Do you understand what "privately" owned means? Put it to you this way: Let's say you owned a McDonalds. You agree, by owning it, to buy your products from McDonalds. Exactly when would McDonalds corp. expect to see a profit if not when they sold you the product? It's no different.

A franchisee agrees to buy a product from the franchisor. They pay a franchise fee, and in return get national (or regional, depending) advertising. They also agree to buy X amount of said product for a set price. If they buy/need more than that, they may get an additional price cut. If they buy less, they may have to pay more.
Quote:

It's time to dismantle the so called the "oil market"...it is a simply shell game big oil has been playing and getting away with...time to end it...

So, where would we get gas or oil? From the gov't.????? In most states, every gallon of gas costs an extra 40 to 50 cents per gallon due to the taxes. You want to put gov't. in control? No competition means - $6 - $7 a gallon, here we come.
Quote:

...also, what the heck is our government doing subsidizing big oil? ...time to take those tax payer BILLIONS away from big oil...I'm sure everyone agrees with that.

Not sure what you mean here. Subsidies for "big oil". Is that, like, giving them tax breaks for doing things the gov't. wants them to do? The legal things? Is "subsidies for big oil" like charging a company billions of dollars to lease land to drill for oil, then saying they can't drill because they didn't account for a ship?

Regardless, mac, you are boggled. YOU are the one that posted that Exxon made 2 pennies per gallon of gas sold. (that's "wholesaled", not "retailed" - there's a difference - look it up). Exactly when, again, is a company allowed to make a profit if not when they sell their product?

Don't get confused by seeing a gas station that says "Exxon" on it. 95% of the time, Exxon Co. doesn't own it.

You know not what you speak of, and it shows.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It was $3.97 here this morning - about 10 a.m. At 4:00 it was $4.15. And once the refineries get into their "summer blend" routine it will go up another 10 or 15 cents a gallon just for that.......

4 wheeling in Indiana this summer again? Not looking like it.

Heading up north in the middle of summer to the camp I've going to 39 out of my 42 years? Highly doubt it.

20 minute drive to a good restaurant after church every Sunday? Not every Sunday anymore.

That's the whole point,...one of these days somebody will figure out that this is THE LONE SOLE COMMODITY that drives the rest of everyone's train(s),...if I can't PAY to get to the doctor, he CAN'T bill the insurance company,...If I can't GET TO the drive thru, I can't BUT the beer I needed to get in the wreck that made me go TO the doctor,... and the lawyer won't have anyting to file a claim in court for,...etc, etc,...

The price of gas is EVERYTHING. It needs to come down in order for us to even survive. Our entire well being is dependent on it. When you can't pay for gas, you can't even go to church,....

We are SCREWED because we DON'T drill !!!!!!!!!!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
It is absolutely nuts for American taxpayers to hand over billions of their tax payer dollars in subsidies to the oil industry, when the industry turns around and rapes the American people at the gas pump to score record profits.

Let's see how the GOP defends this outrageous government give away to the oil industry.

As GOP speaker of the house Boehner let slip the other day... "We're in a time when the federal government's short on revenues. They (the oil industry) ought to be paying their fair share."

Reclaiming Oil Subsidies: Senate Democrats Prepping Bill That Would Recover Billions From Big Firms

04/28/11

Seizing the moment, Senate Democrats are working on legislation that would reclaim billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies to Big Oil and redirect the money toward developing cleaner and cheaper fuel sources instead.

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) announced on Thursday that his committee is crafting a measure that would repeal major tax breaks for the five largest oil and gas companies, which reported huge spikes in first-quarter profits this week due to skyrocketing oil prices.

"Now is not the time to stand idly by while large oil and gas companies get billions of dollars in tax breaks -- now is the time to take concrete steps toward cleaner, more affordable, domestically-produced energy," Baucus said in a statement. "Reducing dependence on foreign oil isn't easy, but this plan puts us on a path toward a clean, affordable energy future that works for our planet -- and our pocketbooks."

The bill could be ready as soon as next week.

Democrats seem to have found their own source of renewable energy in some poorly-chosen words by House Speaker John Boehner, who in an interview with ABC News on Monday seemingly abandoned longstanding Republican dogma by conceding that oil companies "ought to be paying their fair share" and that the subsidies are "certainly something we should be looking at."

Boehner's staff and colleagues quickly corrected the speaker. But empowered Democrats were already in motion.

Capitalizing on Boehner's comments -- and anger about high gas prices, and first-quarter profit reports -- President Barack Obama and his press secretary called for immediate action Tuesday.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) followed suit by pledging their support. "I'm going to try to get it done as soon as I can do it procedurally in the Senate here," Reid told reporters on Wednesday.

Democratic and environmental groups revved up their email lists. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee even popped up a new website Thursday morning, dubbing the GOP's relationship with the petroleum industry the "R-Oil Wedding."

Meanwhile, the liberal thinkprogress.org website distributed a video in which House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) told a town hall audience that he favored ending oil subsidies. "[W]e propose to repeal all that," Ryan said of corporate welfare generally. Asked specifically about ending oil subsidies, he said "I agree."

But Ryan's office told Politico that the congressman made his comments in the context of overall corporate tax reform.

The American Petroleum Institute and the rest of the oil and gas lobby have historically had more than enough clout on Capitol Hill to fend off attacks.

In fact, many considered Obama's proposal to repeal the subsidies in his State of the Union speech in January to be dead on arrival. Congress had rejected similar requests in two previous budget proposals, even with Democratic majorities in both houses.

But the API seems to be getting increasingly testy as of late.

The group on Thursday called Baucus' plan "a proposal borne of desperation that would do nothing to reduce gasoline prices." API chief economist John Felmy said in a statement, "If Senator Baucus were serious about gasoline prices, he would focus on further development of our vast resources here at home which would create much needed American jobs, increase revenue to the government, and strengthen our energy security."

Baucus' office said his plan would bar the biggest companies from receiving a credit intended for domestic manufacturers, reduce their foreign tax credits for royalty payments to foreign governments and impose an excise tax on certain Gulf leases.

The billions of dollars recouped through those means would be used to promote demand for clean and domestic fuel, incentivize fuel efficient vehicles and build a clean energy infrastructure.

House Democrats have already introduced a bill that would eliminate $40 billion in tax breaks for big oil and gas companies over five years.

web page

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I paid $3.89 a gallon at about 3pm today... but their was a guy on the phone at the pump next to me (didn't think you were allowed to do that but I digress) and he was saying it's going up to $4.25 soon - don't know where he got his info or if he's just tellin' tales... just tellin' ya what I heard.

I've seen $3.99 at a couple spots this week, also noticed tumbleweeds blowing across their lot. At this point I fully expect to see $4 everywhere by the weekend. Awesome.

Yeah that guy was correct. Since yesterday I've seen as high as 4.15 here.

mac #588949 04/29/11 10:12 AM
Legend
Legend
Yeah .... "redirect" .....

Why did GE pay no federal taxes last year, and get an enormous refund? Because of gigantic amounts of money given to them to "develop clean energy".

Redirect my ass. Cut the subsidies and cut the damn deficit. There will be money to be made in greener energy one day, and then ... suddenly .... we'll have massive breakthroughs. Until that day ..... we'll putter along .... with huge firms raking in billions of dollars .. year after year ........ while they "work on" clean energy alternatives.

Besides .... weren't some of the subsidies that were given to the oil companies to help create green energy alternatives?

Yeah ... how's that working out so far?

Cut the subsidies and cut the budget. Save the money, and save your children's future.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
mac #588950 04/29/11 10:49 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The billions of dollars recouped through those means would be used to promote demand for clean and domestic fuel, incentivize fuel efficient vehicles and build a clean energy infrastructure.

So, this isn't going to do a darn thing for gas prices, they are just going to take money from the oil companies, which they probably should pay... and instead of using it for the debt or to help get us out the hell hole we are in, they are going to use it for...

Quote:

promote demand for clean and domestic fuel,

this is code which means social engineering and dumping billions into failed green initiatives..

and

Quote:

incentivize fuel efficient vehicles

Give it to our union buddies at the auto industry to make and sell cars that most people don't want..

and...

Quote:

build a clean energy infrastructure.

instead of drilling for oil because that would take 5 years to get to market they are going to dump billions into this which may never impact anything.. ever.. but it will keep the donations rolling in from the tree hugging crowd.

If these morons want to end oil subsidies thats fine.. I hoe the republicans fight against it, not because I'm in favor of oil subsidies, I'm just not in favor of taking money from one industry so I can blow it somewhere else....

maybe the oil companies can just run themselves into the ground like almost every union industry and then claim they are too big to fail and get bailouts..

yebat' Putin
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Don't discount the fact that our dollar is weak. Weak dollar means higher crude price in $. That means higher gas. Same for the value of gold. Gold is at what I believe is an all time high helped by a weak dollar. Heck even silver is $50 oz now. I've been thinking about digging out the old silver coins and turning them in.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
Legend
Legend
I didn't want to even get into all of the distortions and half-truths in mac's huffpo article, I just figured I would focus on how stupid this really is.. ending corporate subsidies isn't stupid, just do it across the board and then use the money to pay down the debt, not spend on a bunch of other stupid crap...

yebat' Putin
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Gas Prices!!!!!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard