Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend
Looks like we may have found our reason for the machine gun.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Perfect song for when that moment happens.

Well let me edit that - 50 cent many men

Last edited by Psydeffect; 08/19/12 11:26 PM.
Legend
Legend
Meth Damon

C
Legend
Legend
C
I thought this episode was a bit unrealistic. I know White's got a huge ego at this point, but one thing he has never been is dumb. $5 million is more than enough money to take care of his family. He would be able to bring his kids back and try and salvage something with his wife. He would also still own the car wash. That is nothing to sneeze at. His kids would also be "safe" because he would be out of the business (I think the real threat to Walt is not the dudes from Phoenix or Mike or any other character we have been introduced to, but the "Gus Fring's" people from Chile).

While I thought the episode was a bit unrealistic, I still enjoyed it. I don't think any human being with Walt's smarts would pass up the deal he was offered, but maybe he's not as smart as we all thought or he really does think he can establish an empire. But even he did establish an empire, what is he going to do? He is going to die from cancer. He can't live a lavish lifestyle because all he owns is a car wash. What would he do, move out of the country?

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
The scene where they were taking apart the bike was kinda powerful, and so was the dinner. Other than that I thought this episode was kinda dull. It did progress the story along so I guess it was OK.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
That's funny...when we were watching it last night I told my wife "This Todd guy looks like a messed up version of Matt Damon. They even talk the same and have the same manerisms when talking"

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I thought this episode was a bit unrealistic. I know White's got a huge ego at this point, but one thing he has never been is dumb. $5 million is more than enough money to take care of his family. He would be able to bring his kids back and try and salvage something with his wife. He would also still own the car wash. That is nothing to sneeze at. His kids would also be "safe" because he would be out of the business (I think the real threat to Walt is not the dudes from Phoenix or Mike or any other character we have been introduced to, but the "Gus Fring's" people from Chile).

Once Skyler left the dinner table Walt broke his motivation down for Jessie and the audience. His wife is long gone, never to return. His kids are gone, most likely never to return (as long as Skyler is alive). He's living on borrowed time, the cancer will probably return (as we saw a peak on his 52nd birthday). The ONLY thing he has right now is the blue meth. Even if he got $5 million tomorrow, that doesn't repair the damage to the family*. So his only chance at happiness or leaving a legacy is this business, that's it.

And remember the detail he provided about Grey Matter being worth billions and all he got was $5k....NO WAY he's walking away from a $300+ million for $5 million (and that's only this one batch....he could really build a Gus-like empire given enough time).

We may not see the people from Chile.....think about it, there are only 10 sodes left. That might not be enough to bring in a whole new enemy (assuming this new drug kingpin from Phoenix is going to be around for a while too).

And man, that opening last night....chilling. They were taking apart the bike in such a systematic nature....removing all the items and piecing them out into the bins. I think they were showing that to illustrate what they were going to have to do with the boy, but obviously couldn't and wouldn't show it.

Walt has become worse than Tony Montana.

*I can't stress enough, Skyler is gone. She'll NEVER accept Walt back as a husband and father. She knows he killed three people in the explosion, two dudes at the lab and Walt even admitted he "was the one who knocks" when talking about Gale getting shot in the face. Plus he's a drug manufacturer and dealer. He's lied to her countless times. Plus, she resents Walt for making her "break bad" too....because of him she lied to Bagda about the car wash, laundered money, stole money from Walt to pay of Ted's tax bill & while the intent wasn't there, is responsible for Ted's injures. AND then the obvious, if someone comes to get Walt or her for their crimes....the kids are going to get hurt.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
POSSIBLE SPOILER - JUST ME THINKING ALOUD

Highlight to read.

The more I think about it....the more I think Walt is going to poison Skyler with the hidden ricin. But it won't be that clean, it never is with this show....Marie and Skyler will both drink from the bottle of wine he put it in and then all hell will break loose.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Want...to...read...sooooo...bad...

But I haven't watched yesterdays episode yet! Arrrrgggg....

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Walt used gus' tactic of showing jesse his family situation to try to get him back on his side. Except it wasn't gus showing walt how he's a good family man, it was walt showing jesse how pathetic his life is. Thought that was a pretty cool reference to past episodes

Legend
Legend
I kind of have a nagging feeling that the Phoenix guys are undercover Feds. The way they wanted all the blue meth gone, asking Walt point blank if he's "Heisenberg" next week. Just kind of sets off an internal alarm that everything isn't right (besides the fact that they're dangerous, armed drug traffickers of course).

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Finally watched it. Things are heating up even more.

Opening scene was indeed brutal and about as dark as you could get. You could feel Jesse cocking his arm back to swing before you even saw him.

And yes, that dinner scene was about as uncomfortable as it gets. Poor Jesse . . .

I keep wondering if Walt can't continue making his "awesome" product but just change it from blue to a different color.

I got a major Clockwork Orange vibe when Jesse heard Walt whistling from outside the plastic barrier. Wouldn't be surprised to find out it was a little shout-out.

Wanna see something messed up? Meth candy???

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Getting ready for sode 7 tonight. Can't wait.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
I have a bad feeling about Todd being involved in the cooking.

Legend
Legend
Had a feeling Walt was going to do that. Here comes the Jesse/Walt war.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Another great episode last night!

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

I have a bad feeling about Todd being involved in the cooking.

I hear you.

Walt will be feeling lonelier and lonelier the more he alienates. And kills . . .

Remember Todd's big connection in prison? He'll be making a phone call for Walt here soon . . .

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yup, those 9 legacy guys aren't long for this world.

Something huge has to happen at the end of next week. Predictions?

Spoiler - just my own ideas

- Walt is going to poison Skyler
- Walt will think Jesse is going to rat and starts viewing him as a threat
- Todd might start backstabbing Walt....since he'll know the formula soon
- Walt Jr. eats breakfast

[Linked Image]

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Spoiler - just my own ideas

Jesse and Skylar team up

Arps #622833 08/27/12 04:27 PM
C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Spoiler alert. Great episode! I think 5 million isn't enough for Walt because he wants to make more money than he would have with his old company. (2 billion +). I miss Mike already. Argh

Legend
Legend
That kill for Walt was different than all the other kills he has done. It was a murder for passion, Mike defied him by attack his ego and pride. It was a gut reaction to that which is why it wasn't a cool science kill. Walt even said that he could've gotten the names from Lydia and Walt was pretty broke up about killing Mike. I don't think it was fake either, he has no reason to fake it to a man that is about to die. Walt had no intention in killing Mike until he attacked his ego.

And the show is partly based on character flaws, Walt is his Ego, Gus was his hatred for the Cartels, and Mike's was underestimating Walt. He has constantly done it throughout the show. He even said to Walt earlier in the episode, "you surprised me Walter." After dealing with the Phoenix folk. You can say he takes, "half measures" with Walt.

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Yeah, how many times did Mike point a gun at Walt, ready to kill him and he spared him at Jessie's urging.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Prediction- Walt Jr gets pulled over for speeding and gets caught with blue meth.

Great episode, good to see the pace pick back up.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 08/27/12 09:22 PM.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Like others in this thread, I have a strange feeling that something is going to happen with Todd. He is more than he leads on to be.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Todd is being played as a simpleton, which make me think he is going to be the downfall of Walt.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Yep, exactly what I was thinking. Todd was over there studying his notes and Walt looked like he admired that.

Kid could be working for a competitor/rival of Walt's or, in spite of capping an innocent bystander kid, be some form of law inforcement deep under cover. On THIS show? No way I'd rule that scenario out . . .

I'll also add that, in addition to those 9 guys in prison, Lydia is going to be of no use to Walt soon. Just sayin' . . .

And I find her cute in a stiff, uptight business woman sort of way.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
She is cute...what are the chances her and Walt ride off into the sunset on a huge pile of cash?

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Quote:

Todd was over there studying his notes and Walt looked like he admired that.

Kid could be working for a competitor/rival of Walt's or, in spite of capping an innocent bystander kid, be some form of law inforcement deep under cover. On THIS show? No way I'd rule that scenario out . . .

I'll go ahead and rule that out for you. So you're thinking that despite the bad guys not wanting to kill a kid, the deep undercover cop went ahead and wasted him? I could see a deep undercover killing somebody innocent if it meant preserving their undercover - this was not like that. Also, Walt's group found Todd not the other way around. Also, who do you think assigned Todd as undercover, local law officials? The DEA? Maybe they just didn't show Hank putting Todd undercover.

Todd will come into play as the guy that orchestrates the killing of Mike's nine in prison. Knowing Todd, he won't know when to stop and he'll go after Jessie as well. I think this show wants us to really hate Walt eventually and the best way to do that would be to kill another one of our favorite characters (Jessie).

I can also see Walt Jr. somehow hooked on the blue stuff. Wouldn't that be something if all of a sudden we find out that Walt Jr is using the very stuff that dad created? Skylar feared danger to her family and children and this would be an unexpected danger that entered their lives.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

...Knowing Todd, he won't know when to stop and he'll go after Jessie as well. I think this show wants us to really hate Walt eventually and the best way to do that would be to kill another one of our favorite characters (Jessie).

Very good thought.

[Linked Image]

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

I think this show wants us to really hate Walt eventually and the best way to do that would be to kill another one of our favorite characters (Jessie).

Done.

Mike was one of my favorite characters.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Todd once said that he has connections inside prison. He will probably use those connections to kill Mike's guys.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Oh yes....and like someone said above, maybe Todd goes a bit too far to tie up loose ends and whacks Jesse too (and payback for the punch Jesse landed).

But maybe that's too clean of a way to whack Jesse....but something tells me Jesse is a goner. But I so want him to live and be a good person. It still gives me chills to hear his Problem Dog speech from season 4. I think Jesse truly does want to be good...maybe because he's done so much wrong, so he doesn't really get full credit for his "goodness" at that point. But whatever.

Heck, maybe Walt kills Jesse in cold blood because he protected him so many times and really thought of him as a son....and Jesse is pulling away from him and it obviously hurts Walt more than it does Jesse (AND Walt sees this as an Empire more and more every day...so loose ends like Jesse could be a problem in his whacked out mind).

I'm pulling for Walt....but not because I like him. He's a bad, bad man. I would rather have Tony Montana as an Uncle than Walt. But Walt is a tragic figure....he had such good motives for this business at the beginning (aside from it being illegal and morally questionable) and truly tried to help Jesse. He got lost, like many people do, when money, power, greed and ego get in the way.

But as for the full arch of the story....he HAS to die or be utterly beaten at the end. This can't end good for him. He's destroyed so many lives by his own hands or through collateral damage (the planes crashing and all of the drug usage). I wanted Tony Soprano dead at the end but Daivd Chase chickened out......I don't think Vince will do us like that.

...sorry for jumping around so much. This show really gets to me. I don't watch a lot of drama's. I think I'll take my friends and this board advice and get into The Wire next.

Last edited by Punchsmack; 08/28/12 03:40 PM.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I think I'll take my friends and this board advice and get into The Wire next.

I just finished season 3, great show so far, one of those I cant believe I missed. (although I was in college when it started so I guess I can believe I missed it)

Eat it Phil...
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I think I'll take my friends and this board advice and get into The Wire next.

I just finished season 3, great show so far, one of those I cant believe I missed. (although I was in college when it started so I guess I can believe I missed it)

I'll say this now. The wire is kind of slow like breaking bad but it is worth it. Something small and irrelevant can turn into something massive even if it's just symbolism of something said.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I thought the end of the Sopranos was perfect. (you never see the one that gets you)

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Absolutely it will be Todd that uses his prison connections to get all of the guys in prison. Todd might kill Lydia too. I agree it will be Walt that kills Jessie. There is no way that Jessie lives through this season. There is nowhere else for his character to go at this point. He will not join Walt again. We can argue how and by whom Jessie dies, but he will die.

I still want to see the blue meth end up in Walt Jrs book bag and Walt has to come down to the police station to deal with his son's new problem. I can just imagine the look on Skylar's face. Maybe Skylar tries to kill Walt then and he kills her in self defense? At this point, I wouldn't really miss her as a character.

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Just another thought, didn't Hank suspect Jessie as part of the new Meth group at one point? He was under questioning before. Hector was under questioning about Jessie but refused because he would never help the DEA. I wonder why Hank never decided to follow Jessie.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I thought the end of the Sopranos was perfect. (you never see the one that gets you)

...but what happened? Did Tony get shot, did he live, did he get arrested, did he eat fries with his sandwich at the diner? Nobody knows. David Chase refused to give us an ending because that was "the ending". We got to choose our own ending (which makes no sense. Why should I bother watching a show if I have to provide the ending?).

Oh well, most Soprano's fans were upset...some weren't. Anyway, enough about that show, this isn't a Soprano's thread.

[Linked Image]

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Just another thought, didn't Hank suspect Jessie as part of the new Meth group at one point? He was under questioning before. Hector was under questioning about Jessie but refused because he would never help the DEA. I wonder why Hank never decided to follow Jessie.

Well, Hank had to keep away from Jessie after the attack. I thought Saul filled a restraining order and everything. I guess it could be a bit of a plot hole, you'd think the DEA would be following Jesse as hard as Mike...but I don't know. Maybe they figure Jesse is too small time.

I wouldn't mind another Hank v Jesse encounter.....maybe that's what pushing Walt over the edge. Who knows.

I would say one thing, Hank has to be involved in exposing Walt. Hank's been chasing Heisenberg for practically the entire series, there has to be a payoff on that plot line, right? Heck, not only has he been chasing him but he's also been right about everything, except seeing Walt as a suspect. You know, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the big reveal on Sunday...that Hank finally figures it out and the 2nd half of season 5 is Walt fighting Hank, Jessie and Skyler in the mix and then the Phoenix people pressuring Walt for deliveries.

Walt is screwed. :-) It's gonna be great.

[Linked Image]

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Quote:

I would say one thing, Hank has to be involved in exposing Walt. Hank's been chasing Heisenberg for practically the entire series, there has to be a payoff on that plot line, right? Heck, not only has he been chasing him but he's also been right about everything, except seeing Walt as a suspect.

Absolutely

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Breaking Bad - Seasons 4+

Link Copied to Clipboard