Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
My guess is that Walt goes into the Witness Protection Program somehow in order to bring down the larger cartel. It saves him, his family and Hank still gets to look like a hero.

His neighbor must have thought he was dead. He came back for the ricin....but why?

He looked like hell that opening scene. Almost as if the cancer had REALLY taken a toll on him or maybe he tried his own product?

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Yeah, something tells me Lydia will have no problem giving Walt up if a problem arises during her distribution.

I don't think she's rat on Walt. Lydia and Declen will probably threaten Walt and his family. And anyway, with Hank and Walk fully aware of each other, nobody can threaten Walt with going to the DEA. Well, maybe, if Hank doesn't act on it right away.

The wife thinks Hank will be trapped and won't act because Marie won't allow him (plus Walt's health issues). I'm not buying it.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I was watching some of the marathon this weekend and one particular scene (can't remember which episode but it was season 5), Hank was talking to Walt about his college job of walking in the woods and marking trees with paint. Those trees would then be cut down. He talked about it with a bit of disdain at first....mosquitoes, sweat, sunburn, etc.....but then he said he would rather be doing that than chasing the "monsters" everyday in his current gig. He's burnt out.

I wonder if this is Hank's breaking point?

*In Baker we trust*
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
AWESOME episode. I've never felt so on edge in anticipation of how a show is going to play out and ultimately end. So many good characters.

Can Walt actually be talking quicker than he can think w/ that "tread lightly" line? Hank doesn't have ALL the proof he needs to pinpoint Walt as the real Heisenberg. Walt already kind of had an upper hand by discovering the bug on his car and confronting Hank about it. Walt had time in advance to come up w/ cover stories for anything Hank through his way. And then to strengthen Walt's upper hand, Hank feels backed into a corner and flips out & punches Walt.

If I'm Walt, I remind Hank that the dirty money already paid for his medical needs. Then I offer to help Hank out by handing him Lydia and company . . .

Of course, the flash forwards (which are fascinating) tell me something major goes down that doesn't involve Hank & Walt ever compromising.

If Hank bites it, I sure hope it's his heart that does it & not Walt. I already hate what Walt has become. Seeing anyone else die because of him will be harder to take than seeing Mike go out the way he did. Hell, I'd be bummed even to see Sal get taken out, much less Jesse, Skyler, the White kids, Hank & Marie.

Phenomenal show. So sad to see it end, but also so HAPPY to think of watching over again, all at once . . .

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I don't think Hank would care if his rehab money came from drug deals. He's out to "catch monsters". It might matter to the DEA though (if they think he's been covering for Walt all this time).

I thought about Walt giving up Lydia and Declan, but I think Walt was telling the truth last night. He's dead in 6 months no matter what he does. What's the point? He isn't trying to correct all of his wrongs from the past like Jesse is, he's just trying to live out his life in a normal way (manage a pretend car wash, play nice with the wife, and watch his kids grow for what little time he has left). If pushed, Walt will fight back and take people out. That's been his #1 transformation. He lived so much of his life as a mild-mannered do-nothing of a man and now he's capable of anything.

I still root for Walt. I can find that likable guy filled with bad luck behind the Heisenberg persona. It's getting harder each sode.

I do hope Jesse has more to do than just be depressed this season.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I am rooting for Walt to go on some sort of rampage. I only feel like he is a bad guy when he is lying to Jesse. Not sure why, I may be crazy. Aside from Brock he hasnt really damaged many innocent people imo. Except his fat adulterous wife

I watched Breaking Bad and Dexter back to back. It is funny to me comparing final seasons in progress, breaking bad was waaaaaaay better. Odd to me how much better it is than other shows.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Just saying, the flash forward is nine months in the future. So Walt is not dead.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

I still root for Walt. I can find that likable guy filled with bad luck behind the Heisenberg persona. It's getting harder each sode.

There is nothing likeable about Walt. He has no redeeming qualities. He's a liar, a murderer, a manipulator. The 'tough on his luck' guy was gone a long time ago. There isn't one good thing left about him. There is only one thing left for him to do ... die ... and not by natural causes.

But something tells me he'll go out on his own terms.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
AMAZING

[Linked Image]

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

Quote:

There is nothing likeable about Walt. He has no redeeming qualities. He's a liar, a murderer, a manipulator.

Those are his most likeable traits to me as a viewer

Legend
Legend
I've never watched the show, but that was some funny stuff there.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Epic.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
As a warning to fans here. There are apparently some spoilers floating around, youtube comments, and comments from the actors themselves that can spoil the remaining episodes. I only stumbled into a few minor ones, but apparently there are some biggies out there.

Be careful about googling or watching clips/interviews if you want to avoid spoilers.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
I want to get me one of these t-shirts

or
these

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
J/c

I think this thread will appreciate this.

[image]https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000318525576/d02731a48ae10a2949d3a69c3d8dddab.jpeg[/image]

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

There is nothing likeable about Walt. He has no redeeming qualities. He's a liar, a murderer, a manipulator. The 'tough on his luck' guy was gone a long time ago. There isn't one good thing left about him. There is only one thing left for him to do ... die ... and not by natural causes.

But something tells me he'll go out on his own terms.

Vince Gilligan has said for a long time that his intent was to take a very sympathetic and likeable character and turn him into a complete monster without any redeeming qualities.

He felt that too often when shows or films attempted something along those lines, they kind of cop out in that regard.

Also, Bryan Cranston is a really fine actor and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. The show works largely due to his performances.

Legend
Legend
I love Walter White.

However Walt continually underestimates Jesse's intelligence and its going to come back and bite him. All hell is about to let loose.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Wow, unbelievable episode tonight. Awwwwww, I didn't want it to end!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I agree. I yelled out to my wife, "WHAT? It's over already?!'

Oh the power of this show. Nothing else has come close to making me feel the way I do while watching BB. Just nervous & tense the entire time. Like I'm somehow involved and need to be looking over my shoulder.

Wow, I don't know why it took watching Walt's recorded "confession" to fully realize he'll do anything to get away clean. I was waiting for poor Hank to have a stroke.

I'm kind of having a hard time buying Jesse figuring out what he did there at the end w/ the pack of smokes & all. I felt like the writers (who have all been extraordinary) were spinning their wheels on what to do w/ him.

Now watch him miraculously figure out what really happened to his girlfriend....

Legend
Legend
Huell switched his weed for a pack of cigs and jesse remembered that his ricin cig was stolen from him in s4 so he just put the puzzle pieces together.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Right.

I'm not saying I didn't GET it. Just saying I don't BUY it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Wow, unbelievable episode tonight. Awwwwww, I didn't want it to end!

Great episode, was on the edge of my seat for the entire hour.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Holy Crap that was a great episode.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

Right.

** Spoiler Alert for those who are just now watching the series on Netflix

Not very often in this show does the character leave character to chase the plot. This show has been GGGGreat with the plot following the characters. This one was close to borderline. But, I do buy it since Jesse initially DID have this figured out. It took Walt doing a mastermind job manipulating Jesse's butt after poisoning Brock. Jesse knows all the manipulation of Walter now, so when he got his pocket picked for the second time, it was fool me once shame on you, full me twice and I am pouring gasoline in your living room. I'm still wondering if Jesse will ever find out about Jane. Something tells me that Walt will tell him himself at a show down. There is nothing left that Walt can sell that Jesse will buy. Might be bye bye Jesse here very shortly.

My $0.02....I'm starting to think Walt will not go out on his own terms and the person to kill him won't be an easy guess so I say it is going to be.....Skyler. She's been hard to like in this whole show and it would be fitting for her to be the one when Hank and Walt come to a final face-off and Hank is on the wrong end of a barrel. Jess is just the too obvious choice as he raises from Hell and Walt descends into it. Just my conjecture subject to changing in about 30 seconds.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Right.

If you go back and re-watch S4 or remember the details, Jesse had figured it out, sorta. He was in Walt's house and accused Walt of planning the whole thing. He was wrong about poisoning Brock with the ricin but he had Walt, Saul and Huell working together. "Admit it, you had Huell take the ricin out of my pocket when I went to Saul's, right, I had to go over there for some fake emergency, that's when he lifted it from me, that was the plan?"

So Jesse knew how it went down but Walt, the master manipulator, pulled him away from it and filled his head with how Gus was always one step ahead of both of them. Add into that Walt coming over to Jesse’s house to conveniently find the ricin cig in the automated vacuum. So to me, Jesse just re-remembered, if that makes sense. When Jesse realized Huell did lift his pot last night, it brought him right back to the scene in Walt's house. Like he picked up his anger and rage when he had a gun pointed at Walt, and all it took was confirming that Huell was a gifted pickpocket artist.

Also, the scene in the desert from last night kinda points to that too. He called Walt out for always working him, never being straight to Jesse. And I think that realization plus the 2nd Huell incident triggered a theory/memory, Walt has been the puppet master this whole time and Jesse will never go back to trusting Walt. In fact, he won’t stop until Walt is dead or caught. I think we’ll start seeing Jesse manipulate Walt and Hank.

So in summary, I don't think it's a leap for Jesse to go from missing his pot to knowing Walt was behind poisoning Brock. He knew it all along, he just needed something to knock the dust off the memories and re-arrange them a bit.

Man, this is getting good.

[Linked Image]

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Just my conjecture subject to changing in about 30 seconds.

Exactly, I'm in the "Jesse is going to kill/catch Walt" ending now but give me a minute or two and I'll think it's Skyler, Walt Jr. (who he's working now too), Hank, Marie, Saul, Todd, Lydia, the two white supremist's, OR the cancer.

And after that "confession", boy Hank is screwed. And is Walt a dirty SOB. Brilliant, but dirty.

[Linked Image]

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

And is Walt a dirty SOB. Brilliant, but dirty.

Amen!

This is an amazing show. I just sat there in awe last night. I dont think I've ever been so blown away by a show.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Because Hank has turned into such a d-bag these last few episodes, I started laughing during the confession. It was pure genius. Evil, evil genius.

It's amazing how Walt can stay 3 steps ahead of anyone who is closing in on him.

The Skyler theory is a interesting one. She's the only one he let's his guard down around.

*In Baker we trust*
R
Legend
Legend
R
Wow. I guess I'm in the minority here. I liked the ending of last night's show, but the confession thing was completely hokey and totally unbelievable. There is no way anyone would believe that confession. There is zero evidence to even support it. Last night was the first episode I thought the writers really reached. The beauty of the show is that you can actually see this happening. The confession completely ruined that for me. They are really reaching on this whole Hank being afraid to tell the DEA stuff. This is the first time this show has really fallen into normal TV mode where they have to manufacture drama while stretching the bounds of reality. Color me disappointed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The video did far less to shut hank up than the 177k in medical bills would. His rehab was paid with drug money and Walt would be able to get Hank ruined in court over a mixup like that (assuming Hank has no better evidence...)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Funny.

I found this before that one.

A little obvious but still good.

I suppose "Hank and Marie watch..." will become an internet meme like that Hitler movie clip.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend

I still love watching Malcolm in the Middle!

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
haha thats great!

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Wow. I guess I'm in the minority here. I liked the ending of last night's show, but the confession thing was completely hokey and totally unbelievable. There is no way anyone would believe that confession. There is zero evidence to even support it.

There's no evidence to support Hank's accusation, either.

As someone else said...the bombshell there was the medical bills. The rest doesn't really matter. Hank's medical bills were paid for with drug money. There's hard evidence to prove it.

Just caught myself up on the last season. If I had never seen the show, and someone told me about the magnet plot, I may have never watched.

The show is obviously out there a great deal of the time, but the two things I've never been able to shake is the magnet plot and the parking lot shootout with Hank. Both were so wildly over the top and completely unbelievable that I couldn't focus.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I have a lot of trouble suspending my disbelief when watching movies. I've never really had that problem with this show.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Like I said, there's a lot of leaps you have to just accept with the show. Those were the two I really couldn't get past.

Also, I love the fact that Saul is still wearing the plane crash ribbon. Cracks me up every time.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I should have taken the time to say that I consider myself lucky to never question the plotlines

Some things like the plane crash were ridiculous. But I really enjoyed the way Walt explained in the auditorium, I've long felt that way about "national tragedies"

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
That scene is almost "Office"-like in terms of cringe factor.

I dunno, I never really questioned the plane crash. I mean, if you want to talk about it as a plot device or storyline, I have some issues with it, but as far as believability goes...guy at the FAA distraught over his daughter's death screws up and planes crash?

I'd imagine that the FAA probably has some more rungs to protect from that sort of thing, but I bought the premise without much struggle.

One of the hardest for me was "I've got a gun pointed at a guy who just killed my brother and shot me several times. There are several firearms scattered around. But, y'know, what? I'm feeling frisky, so I'll just turn my back on the guy and go get my ax."

Quentin Tarantino watches that scene and says "Eh, too much."

R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

As someone else said...the bombshell there was the medical bills. The rest doesn't really matter. Hank's medical bills were paid for with drug money. There's hard evidence to prove it.

Eh, that's made for TV drama. It's manufactured. The beauty of the show, IMO, is it is MOSTLY believable. This to me is not. I think in real life, you take that tape down to the DEA and you get in front of it with the truth. The truth is you didn't know.

Quote:

The show is obviously out there a great deal of the time, but the two things I've never been able to shake is the magnet plot and the parking lot shootout with Hank. Both were so wildly over the top and completely unbelievable that I couldn't focus.

Neither of those bothered me although the magnet one was way over the top. Why did the shootout bother you?

The thing that bothered me, and I've probably mentioned before in this thread somewhere else, is how quickly Gus turned on Walt and aligned himself with Jesse. Just didn't make any sense at all. Gus, a smart, careful, methodical man aligning himself with a loose cannon. Just can't get there. That whole Gus vs. Walt thing was rushed and forced, IMO. I think that needed more development. Gus had a deep respect for Walt and his style when they first got that lab going because in many ways they were similar.

But I'm nitpicking. It's a great show. One of my all-time favorites.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Breaking Bad - Seasons 4+

Link Copied to Clipboard