Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

I'd take Little over Manningham, but I think you could make the argument for either. Neither run good routes, Little has a bigger body and more upside, Manningham has better hands.

Right now, I'm trying to think who DOESN'T have better hands than Little.

Brownoholic #652867 02/08/12 12:45 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Seems like Little should be much better next season. This was his first season after a year of not playing. And he was a rookie. And he was raw. He had 709 yards. I say the future is bright for Greg Little.

Brownoholic #652868 02/08/12 01:01 PM
Legend
Legend
Little will be just fine. We've seen worse drops from Edwards, Winslow, Morgan, etc. I think he'll get his act together and be a good player this upcoming season. He's so strong in run after the catch (not fast, but he's got good balance and strength to gain extra yards.)

cfrs15 #652869 02/08/12 01:03 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

He had 709 yards. I say the future is bright for Greg Little.

I remember people saying the same about Massa when he had 600+ yds his rookie season...he was the "default" no1 WR too back then

I'm not saying Little is another Massa (he is not, much more effort and unlike Massa you can the the willingness to be good) but 700yds being the no1 target is nothing to get excited about...rookie or not

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
DjangoBrown #652870 02/08/12 01:24 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

700yds being the no1 target is nothing to get excited about...rookie or not

I believe it is something to be excited about. Little persevered through some pretty inadequate circumstances. He missed his last year of college football. He was a already raw as a wide receiver. He got no off-season with his NFL coaches. He got bad advice from his agent and missed many of the player organized off-season activities. He was a rookie. He had subpar quarterbacks. He had no other receiving threats. Add all that up and 700 yards isn't all that bad for a seasoned veteran, let alone a player that had the odds stacked against him.

Quote:

I remember people saying the same about Massa when he had 600+ yds his rookie season

Massaquoi played wide receiver all four years at Georgia (he had 505 yards as a freshman). He then had a full off-season with the team. Admittedly, he also had subpar quarterback play. Massaquoi was in a much better situation coming into the league.

(This is where I tie this post back to the original thread topic)

I really don't think we need all that much help at the wide receiver position. One player who can stretch the field and knows the system can make a huge difference. (Hello DeSean Jackson!)

Brownoholic #652871 02/08/12 02:27 PM
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

I'd take Little over Manningham, but I think you could make the argument for either. Neither run good routes, Little has a bigger body and more upside, Manningham has better hands.

Right now, I'm trying to think who DOESN'T have better hands than Little.

Quincy Morgan

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Meh... maybe down the road, but right now, Manningham is noticeably better than Little. Hands, route-running (such as it is), situational awareness and quickness all favor Manningham, IMO.

We'll see how Little progresses. I see no reason to believe he won't get better. Projecting his ceiling, however, isn't all that easy. He is a bit of a project. We'll see...

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
NFL top 100 free agents: Saints have tough decisions
By Vinnie Iyer Sporting News

The New Orleans Saints, armed with their high-powered offense, had their Super Bowl dreams dashed in a divisional playoff loss in San Francisco. If they hope to make a another run at a second ring in the 2012 season, they'll need to take care of some lucrative business: Spending multimillions to lock up three irreplaceable offensive players.

While they're team immediately on the spot a little more than a month from the start of the NFL's unrestricted free agency (March 13), the hot position will be wide receivers.

Looking at how it was another team with a top passing game, the New York Giants that won it all on the strength of three talented wideouts, the marquee group of available receivers will be appealing to many other teams. A lucky 13 crack the top 100 unrestricted options, including a sensational six just in the top 25:

1. Drew Brees, QB, Saints. There's no Peyton Manning-like decision here. They need to re-sign him soon, because they need to free up the franchise tag to use on another key offensive cog.

2. Carl Nicks, G, Saints. The Saints broke the bank to lock up their other elite guard, Jahri Evans, and if a deal with Brees happens, they won't hesitate to designate Nicks their franchise player—or at least give him Evans-type money for one year.

3. Ray Rice, RB, Ravens. Rice's production as a runner and receiver is what makes Baltimore's offense tick. Joe Flacco's favorite safety valve will be back somehow, as Baltimore will be ready to tag him.

4. Matt Flynn, QB, Packers. All signs point to Aaron Rodgers' ace backup getting paid for a starting gig in '12, a la two other former No. 2 Matts, Schaub (Michael Vick) and Cassel (Tom Brady). Reuniting with his former offensive coordinator—Dolphins coach Joe Philbin—almost makes too much sense. He's not as splashy, however, for Miami, as trying to reel in Peyton Manning.

5. Mario Williams, DE, Texans. The fact that Houston's 3-4 defense still played at high level when he was on the shelf for the final 11 games (torn pectoral) should give pause to team officials before paying millions to retain the 2006 first overall pick. There would be plenty of teams, regardless of scheme, in hot pursuit.

6. Vincent Jackson, WR, Chargers. Every team that's in desperate need of a bona fide No. 1 receiver should be interested in what the 6-5 Jackson, likely gone from San Diego, can do for the entire offense with his ability to stretch the field and cause matchup issues in the red zone.

7. Marques Colston, WR, Saints. Colston is the less noisy version of Jackson. He may not have the same gamebreaking ability, but at 6-4, he's also a big target with better hands. He has proved to be especially clutch for Brees on third downs. It might be a challenge for New Orleans to pay its quarterback, him and Nicks.

8. Matt Forte, RB, Bears. Forte has made no secret he wants to be paid, and he was smart during the Pro Bowl to show teams that his knee isn't a issue. Chicago needs to keep the constant production of Forte.

9. Wes Welker, WR, Patriots. Don't expect one magnified missed connection with Brady to take away from his value as his go-to slot man. Welker deserves to get a lucrative deal, but may need to settle for a franchise tag.

10. Cliff Avril, DE, Lions. It's rare a 4-3 edge pass rusher of his caliber (a breakout 11 sacks in '11) hits the market, but Detroit may have not the salary-cap space to keep him on its strong line.

11. Carlos Rogers, CB, 49ers. Rogers took the one-year deal in San Francisco to prove he could be a top-notch corner, and didn't waste time in delivering a Pro Bowl season. The one concern in giving him a desired long-term extension is the fact he's 31. That could allow another team to splurge to take him away.

12. D'Qwell Jackson, ILB, Browns. He came back full force as an all-around playmaker just when it looked like an injury had derailed his career for good. Jackson likes the scheme and the team, so Cleveland needs to do the smart thing and at least franchise-tag him.

13. Jermichael Finley, TE, Packers. There's no question that Finley is part of the league's new breed of athletic, physical tight ends, but that doesn't help him if he can't catch the ball consistently. He's a candidate to be franchised—if they can do it at the price that's less than $6 million—but don't be surprised if Green Bay lets him walk.

14. Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs. This free-agent class is loaded with big guys with big mitts, isn't it? Bowe's inconsistency is the reason he's behind the others. Still, looking at what Kansas City has, he is a good bet to be tagged.

15. Jeremy Mincey, DE, Jaguars. Jacksonville hasn't had many bright spots with its pass rush of late, so it was good to see Mincey break through off the edge (8 sacks). Now he'll be looking for appropriate compensation, with the Jaguars or someone else.

16. Brandon Carr, CB, Chiefs. Playing opposite the other, better known Brandon—Flowers—Carr has quietly delivered as an unheralded, well-rounded corner. He's tougher for the Chiefs to replace than Bowe is.

17. Cortland Finnegan, CB, Titans. Finnegan brings a feistiness to Tennessee's secondary, as well as fearlessness in physical one-on-one coverage. He's exactly the kind of corner Jeff Fisher could use for the Rams.

18. Chris Myers, C, Texans. Myers was exceptional as the anchor of Houston's zone-blocking scheme that paved the way for Arian Foster. With Williams and Foster (restricted) as free agents, he's priority No. 3.

19. Michael Bush, RB, Raiders. With Darren McFadden out for most of the second half, Bush took over as a great power runner, while also showing some receiving skills. It will require the franchise tag to keep another team from grabbing him.

20. Stephen Tulloch, ILB, Lions. Because re-signing Avril is a concern, Detroit may see its new defensive leader leave after just one year. He would be an ideal fit for the Eagles.

21. Calais Campbell, DE, Cardinals. When watching the 6-8, 300-pounder roam in Arizona's defense, he seems to be everywhere and doing everything as an end/linebacker hybrid. He's invaluable enough to be tagged.

22. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seahawks. It's crazy to think Seattle will let him walk. Expect the team to take advantage of a very comfortable franchise-tag number for running backs (one year at $7.7 million).

23. Laurent Robinson, WR, Cowboys. There's a lot to like about Robinson (6-2, 194, great speed) as a rising star and with Dez Bryant and Miles Austin, there's a good chance he wears something other than a star on his helmet in '12.

24. Stevie Johnson, WR, Bills. Johnson at this spot shows just how many terrific receivers there are available. Like Robinson, he's young (just 25) and would be No. 1 for teams, even though he would like to stay in Buffalo.

25. DeSean Jackson, WR, Eagles. The mercurial Jackson was a headache for Philadelphia, but every team is in the market for a speedster who can make an immediate impact as a big-play receiver and return man. The Cal product seems perfect for Oakland.

26. Brent Grimes, CB, Falcons

27. Robert Mathis, DE, Colts

28. Jared Gaither, T, Chargers

29. Scott Wells, C, Packers

30. Dashon Goldson, S, 49ers (franchise tag candidate)

31. Curtis Lofton, ILB, Falcons

32. Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts

33. Fred Davis, TE, Redskins

34. Brandon Lloyd, WR, Rams

35. Dan Connor, ILB, Panthers

36. Sione Pouha, DT, Jets

37. Ben Grubbs, G, Ravens

38. Josh Scobee, K, Jaguars (franchise tag candidate)

39. Erin Henderson, LB, Vikings

40. Tyvon Branch, S, Raiders

41. Jason Jones, DT, Titans

42. Steve Weatherford, P, Giants

43. Matt Prater, K, Broncos (franchise tag candidate)

44. David Hawthorne, ILB, Seahawks

45. Cory Redding, DT, Ravens

46. Jarret Johnson, OLB, Ravens

47. Michael Griffin, S, Titans

48. London Fletcher, ILB, Redskins

49. Mario Manningham, WR, Giants

50. Kendall Langford, DT, Dolphins

51. Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Broncos

52. Connor Barth, K, Buccaneers

53. Barrett Ruud, ILB, Titans

54. Evan Mathis, G, Eagles

55. Richard Marshall, CB, Cardinals

56. Leroy Hill, OLB, Seahawks

57. Red Bryant, DT, Seahawks

58. Demetrius Bell, T, Bills

59. Ahmad Brooks, OLB, 49ers

60. Mat McBriar, P, Cowboys

61. Jameel McClain, ILB, Ravens

62. Neil Rackers, K, Texans

63. Alex Smith, QB, 49ers

64. Peyton Hillis, RB, Browns

65. Paul Soliai, DT, Dolphins

66. John Abraham, DE, Falcons

67. Dan Koppen, C, Patriots

68. Nick Hardwick, C, Chargers

69. Tracy Porter, CB, Saints

70. Mike Tolbert, RB, Chargers

71. Pierre Garcon, WR, Colts

72. Terrell Thomas, CB, Giants

73. Mike Brisiel, G, Texans

74. Jerome Simpson, WR, Bengals

75. Corey Graham, CB, Bears

76. Manny Lawson, OLB, Bengals

77. Robert Meachem, WR, Saints

78. William Gay, CB, Steelers

79. Kevin Smith, RB, Lions

80. Will Middleton, CB, Jaguars

81. Jason Campbell, QB, Raiders

82. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, Patriots

83. Mike Nugent, K, Bengals

84. Jeremy Zuttah, G, Buccaneers

85. Laron Landry, S, Redskins

86. Antonio Garay, DT, Chargers

87. Kyle Orton, QB, Chiefs

88. Anthony Spencer, OLB, Cowboys

89. Ronde Barber, CB, Buccaneers

90. Mark Anderson, DE, Patriots

91. Rashean Mathis, CB, Jaguars

92. Chase Blackburn, ILB, Giants

93. Rocky McIntosh, OLB, Redskins

94. John Carlson, TE, Seahawks

95. Kareem McKenzie, T, Giants

96. Phil Dawson, K, Browns

97. Donnie Jones, P, Rams

98. Thomas DeCoud, S, Falcons

99. Chad Henne, QB, Dolphins

100. Jason Allen, CB, Texans

web page

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
C
Legend
Legend
C
In order, the guys I want the most:

1. Calais Campbell - DE - Position of need. He would be able to line up anywhere on the defensive line for us. The dude is 6'8" 280 pounds and has played in the Cardinals 3-4 defense his whole career. The last three seasons he has had 7, 6, and 8 sacks. He also blocked four or five kicks. Also, will only be 26-years-old during the 2012 season.

2. DeSean Jackson - WR - One of the fastest players in the league. Plays a position we need and knows the offense already. Also could return punts. Also only 26-years-old during the season. Has had at least 900 receiving yards every year he's been in the NFL.

3. Cliff Avril - DE - Position of need. Will probably get paid about the same as Charles Johnson last off-season. Also will only be 26-years-old. Had 11 sacks last year, 8.5 the year before.

4. Jason Jones - DT - It would be nice to have a defensive tackle rotation going to keep all of our big guys fresh throughout that game. I would consider that a position of need. Jones will only be 26-years-old. He is a force from the inside getting some sacks and would be a nice part of a rotation along with Taylor and Rubin.

All four of these guys are young and fit areas of need. I emphasize the defensive line because Jauron doesn't blitz often so we need to have depth on the defensive line. That would allow us to rush the quarterback successfully with only four players. Also, defensive linemen are hard to find and the above players have proven themselves at the NFL level. I would like to see us add at least two more defensive linemen and replace guys like Mitchell, Paxson, Schaefering, and Sanford.

I would be very happy if we signed only one of the four guys I mentioned above.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting the list.

Two names in particular stick out to me who might not get tagged by their respective teams.

DE/OLB Mario Williams

WR Marques Colston (either they let he or Nicks hit FA).

Would we spend the money it would take to acquire the services of either elite talent? Your guess is as good as mine.

12. D'Qwell Jackson ... Now that would have prompted some backlash a year ago. Even though every teams list will differ. I am surprised somewhat how high the author has him rated.

Quote:

17. Cortland Finnegan, CB, Titans. Finnegan brings a feistiness to Tennessee's secondary, as well as fearlessness in physical one-on-one coverage. He's exactly the kind of corner Jeff Fisher could use for the Rams.

I think that's a pretty safe bet there.

Honorable mentions;

WR, Laurent Robinson

DT, Cory Redding (would love to steal him from Baltimore)

DT, Red Bryan

WR, Pierre Garcon

WR, Robert Meachem

DT, Antonio Garay

And last but not least our own Peyton Hillis.

And if there seems to be a re-occurring thyme above ... It is by design

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 02/08/12 05:24 PM.

[Linked Image]

cfrs15 #652876 02/08/12 07:39 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Seems like Little should be much better next season. This was his first season after a year of not playing. And he was a rookie. And he was raw. He had 709 yards. I say the future is bright for Greg Little.

I agree. Little is going to be a plus player. Give him the QB and some support in other areas he reminds me of Michael Irving.

Maybe not as tall, but a big physical guy....and Little started to flash the physical the last several games.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'd take MoMass, Little, Cribbs, and Norwood over Manningham..

I would say Mo, Little, and Cribbs are close or better than Manningham.

Norwood has the potential to be better than Manningham. I think he would if given the opportunity and with better QB play.

Manningham let Cruz, an undrafted guy, out play him... How good can he really be?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Manningham let Cruz, an undrafted guy, out play him... How good can he really be?

That's one of the most illogical statements in todays NFL i've ever read... I HOPE it was sarcasm...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
The Victor Cruz that had 1500+ yards and 9TDs, and outplayed much of the league? That Victor Cruz?

ThatGuy #652880 02/08/12 09:01 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

That's one of the most illogical statements in todays NFL i've ever read... I HOPE it was sarcasm...

My point is this.. the QB has a lot to do with it in that situation. Don't overhype Manningham when an undrafted guy performed 10x better.

He did take his playing time though.. So from that.. I can say that he was outplayed by an undrafted guy.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

My point is this.. the QB has a lot to do with it in that situation. Don't overhype Manningham when an undrafted guy performed 10x better.

He did take his playing time though.. So from that.. I can say that he was outplayed by an undrafted guy.

The fact that you keep referring to one of if not the best WR in the league this year as "an undrafted guy" is making any point you have invalid...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Quote:

And from, I can say an undrafted guy outplayed 95% of the league this year.

ThatGuy #652883 02/08/12 09:06 PM
Legend
Legend
If we can't get a true #1 (Blackmon{IMO}, Colston, Jackson for example)

I would LOVE to load up on guys like Manningham, guys that while not great, run good routes and have good hands.

I think if we draft Wright our of Baylor, sign Manningham and go with those two plus Little and Norwood we'll be set at WR for the next 5 years...

ThatGuy #652884 02/08/12 09:15 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The fact that you keep referring to one of if not the best WR in the league this year as "an undrafted guy" is making any point you have invalid...

my opinion will NEVER be invalid.

Manningham will want a ton of money and won't do squat here to earn it. No thanks.

Legend
Legend
He clearly isn't doing anything in NY right now... I bet they can't wait to get rid of him...

ThatGuy #652886 02/08/12 09:22 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

He clearly isn't doing anything in NY right now... I bet they can't wait to get rid of him...

What one does on one team does not mean he will do the same on another.

ThatGuy #652887 02/08/12 10:35 PM
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I think if we draft Wright our of Baylor, sign Manningham and go with those two plus Little and Norwood we'll be set at WR for the next 5 years...

we should dump Little for Eddie Royal and have the "all slot WR" offense then

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

I'd take MoMass, Little, Cribbs, and Norwood over Manningham..

I would say Mo, Little, and Cribbs are close or better than Manningham.

Norwood has the potential to be better than Manningham. I think he would if given the opportunity and with better QB play.

Whatever you're smokin' pass it along! Wow... Brown & Orange Haze.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Legend
Legend
lol.. yea.. crazy i know.. thats just how I feel.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Desean Jackson

Report: Eagles looking to trade DeSean Jackson
Feb08
2012 1 Comment Written by Paul Jackiewicz According to Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network, the Philadelphia Eagles will likely place the franchise tag on wide receiver DeSean Jackson and look to trade him.

If the Eagles can’t get fair market value for Jackson, he’ll likely be back for the 2012 season, so he can try and prove whether or not they should sign him to a long term deal.

At this point, it looks like the Eagles would be fine with moving on from Jackson with players like Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin on the team, that could pick up the left over slack. That’s of course if they’re able to work out a fair deal to trade Jackson.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
LOYALDAWG #652891 02/09/12 01:31 AM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I'd be willing to give up a 2nd for him. He may be a headcase but he's exactly the type of wide receiver we need, a burner who can spread the field. But I'd only trade that pick if we are able to sign him to an extension.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'd be willing to give up a 2nd for him. He may be a headcase but he's exactly the type of wide receiver we need, a burner who can spread the field. But I'd only trade that pick if we are able to sign him to an extension.

If he is franchised ... It will cost us (2) 1st round picks IIRC.

Quote:

A "non-exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position in the previous year, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 02/09/12 01:43 AM.

[Linked Image]

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

Nah, way too much (though that's what they'll want).

The problem with all these deals, is that after you trade the 2nd round pick, you still have to pay him $50 million or so. So the real cost is $50M + 2nd round pick for Jackson, and it's not close to worth it.

Would much rather draft Sanu with that second round pick (as an example), and then spend $35M elsewhere.

~Lyuokdea
Lyuokdea #652894 02/09/12 03:01 AM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
FL_Dawg, I know that if he's tagged and HE negotiates with us they can take 2 1st's, but no way we give that up. If Jackson signs the franchise tender then the Eagles can still trade him for whatever pick they like, we'd just have to negotiate his new contract or play him on the one year tender.

I'd make the trade for several reasons. Let's say we take Sanu with the 2nd round pick. There's no way of knowing how he'll do in the NFL. He could be a great WR or he could be another Robiskie. Jackson is proven, you know what you are getting with him. A young WCO WR who is one of the fastest in the NFL (speed is one thing this team is lacking). You get a proven WR, sign him to a proven WR contract and now you have a receiving corps with #1 DeSean Jackson, #2 Greg Little with MoMass, Norwood and Cribbs behind him. Now our WR's go from becoming a weakness to a strength and you can spend more focus on the OL and QB.

I don't put too great a value on our draft picks (especially considering how ours have turned out in the past). A draft pick is a gamble for talent anyway you look at it, if you can trade it for proven talent it's worth it in my book.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Right, I don't disagree that Jackson is probably better than Sanu, but you completely discounted the $35M, which is no small chunk of change.

Maybe compare it to having Sanu + Garcon or Sanu + Michael Bush.

~Lyuokdea
Lyuokdea #652896 02/09/12 07:49 AM
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
J/K

Lets stay away from Manningham, to me he does just enough to get bye, I think we can do better at FA WR

when can we start signing FA as in what Date.....

Mock Draft experts, need to for get us drafting RG3 or Tannyhill in the first round, were not going QB, maybe later we grab one in the 5-7 rounds to compete in training camp, thats it.

Lyuokdea #652897 02/09/12 07:50 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Right, I don't disagree that Jackson is probably better than Sanu, but you completely discounted the $35M, which is no small chunk of change.

Maybe compare it to having Sanu + Garcon or Sanu + Michael Bush.

I like that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
LOYALDAWG #652898 02/09/12 09:11 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Desean Jackson

Feb08
2012 1 Comment Written by Paul Jackiewicz According to Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network, the Philadelphia Eagles will likely place the franchise tag on wide receiver DeSean Jackson and look to trade him.

If the Eagles can’t get fair market value for Jackson, he’ll likely be back for the 2012 season, so he can try and prove whether or not they should sign him to a long term deal.

At this point, it looks like the Eagles would be fine with moving on from Jackson with players like Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin on the team, that could pick up the left over slack. That’s of course if they’re able to work out a fair deal to trade Jackson.

I don't follow the eagles very much so, if he's all that and a bag of chips, why isn't Philly rushing to sign the guy?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Damanshot #652899 02/09/12 11:15 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I could be mistaken but I believe the Franchise tag date is March 5th..

Here's what I found so far.. http://12thmanrising.com/2012/02/08/nfl-offseason-schedule/

Feb. 20th: Franchise tag can be applied.

Feb. 22nd – 28th: NFL Combine

March 3rd: Deadline for Colt’s decision on paying Peyton Manning his $28 million bonus

If they choose not to pay him, they must cut him by 10 am on this day.

March 5: Deadline to apply franchise tag

March 13: Free agency begins at 4 p.m.

March 25-28: NFL owners’ meetings

Mid-April: Teams begin offseason programs

Each team can, and will have 10 organized team activities (OTA) over the course of the offseason. These used to be called mini-camps. Most teams usually have 2-3 before the draft and save the rest until after the draft so the rookies can participate.

April 26-28: The NFL Draft begins in NYC

The NFL Draft kicks off on Thursday night, April 26th with the first round of the draft. Rounds 2 and 3 will be Friday the 27th, and round 4-7 take place on Saturday the 28th

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Damanshot #652900 02/09/12 11:32 AM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Quote:

Desean Jackson

Feb08

I don't follow the eagles very much so, if he's all that and a bag of chips, why isn't Philly rushing to sign the guy?

Maybe they were as put off as I was to see him acting like a mopey malcontent this last season. . . I like this guy's talent to death, but that's about it . . .

Vincent Jackson expected to hit open market

Franchise tag could be coming for Wes Welker

Damanshot #652901 02/09/12 12:14 PM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

He is not all that. Wich is exactly the problem. Unless you have a vertical passing game DeSean is worthless. He has speed and decent hands and thats it.
He will not block, he will not catch passes over the middle, and when he is unhappy he stops catching them at all.
If you have a big armed QB who can zip him a 50 yarder down field lookout, but that dude would be one serious underperforming malcontent on this team.
No thanks on the gator arming receivers.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
RageDawg #652902 02/09/12 01:00 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

He is not all that. Wich is exactly the problem. Unless you have a vertical passing game DeSean is worthless. He has speed and decent hands and thats it.
He will not block, he will not catch passes over the middle, and when he is unhappy he stops catching them at all.
If you have a big armed QB who can zip him a 50 yarder down field lookout, but that dude would be one serious underperforming malcontent on this team.
No thanks on the gator arming receivers.

bingo

RageDawg #652903 02/09/12 01:07 PM
Legend
Legend
OK,, so why do some have this facination with getting him..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Damanshot #652904 02/09/12 01:13 PM
Legend
Legend
Eagles v. Giants

"Don't punt the ball to Jackson."

Game over.

Damanshot #652905 02/09/12 01:50 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

OK,, so why do some have this facination with getting him..

He's a recognizable name.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Free Agents

Link Copied to Clipboard