Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Thanks Rush...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Actually, I never listen to sports radio ....... so you can forget that little conspiracy theory.

Actually I find most of your posts almost beyond the realm of reason, logic and reality ..... so I can see why you would not like mine.

I wonder why I am "negative" ...... yet you can blast away at our former RB and be positive .......?

Interesting.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Thanks Rush...

Did he call ytown a slut? I must have missed that.

yebat' Putin
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Actually, I never listen to sports radio ....... so you can forget that little conspiracy theory.

yt...then that makes you a NATURALLY NEGATIVE...maybe born that way, who knows...

Actually I find most of your posts almost beyond the realm of reason, logic and reality ..... so I can see why you would not like mine.

yt...all folks have to do is look at your DT signature and mine to know that we are opposites.

I wonder why I am "negative" ...... yet you can blast away at our former RB and be positive .......?

I called out Hillis on this message board before the story about his teammates attempting to convince Hillis the best way to get a decent contract was to prove he was worthy by showing it on the field...

You might believe my viewpoint was negative because it was...I sided with Hillis' teammates and not Hillis and his agent...guess Joe Thomas was negative too.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Yet you are still blasting him today ..... months after any supposed, rumored, indiscretion on his part.

It's OK for you to blast someone .... but not for anyone else, if they disagree with you.

I understand you perfectly mac.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Maybe we did offer 3 first round picks, maybe we didn't, but the fact remains is that we didn't and that's that.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
YT...my DT signature is ...

....WOOF....GRRR....CHOMP....MAC

YT...what is your DT signature...is this it?

...The Factory of Sadness remains at full production.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Legend
Legend
B
His makes more sense than your does.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I don't understand what a dog biting mac has to do with it...

...But I'm not complaining...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
I thought this was a draft thread

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

You were mistaken. It's a end of the world thread.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

You were mistaken. It's a end of the world thread.

Pack lightly...

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
j/c

From the conference call today, Holmgren said they were aggressively involved in trade talks. However, he said because of the close relationship between the 'Skins and Rams (his words), he didn't think any offer we made would be accepted.

He said that we offered every bit of the offer that was eventually accepted.

That's straight from the Walrus's mouth.

And, I'll say he didn't sound all that happy about it.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
But how do you know that's what they offered.

Oh well, at least we still have plan A (Tannehill)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's what made the whole thing unbelievable. I couldn't believe they would take less to just hook their buddy up. When I heard what we had offered and they turned it down to take the Skins offer it made no sense. O well. I was wrong and we did go hard at RG3.

Still does not sound good for Colt's future.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

j/c

From the conference call today, Holmgren said they were aggressively involved in trade talks. However, he said because of the close relationship between the 'Skins and Rams (his words), he didn't think any offer we made would be accepted.

So, you mean the f.o. tried? They didn't bungle anything? They shouldn't be fired?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

j/c

So, you mean the f.o. tried? They didn't bungle anything? They shouldn't be fired?

Well, it's Holmgren's fault that he's not better friends with Jeff Fisher.

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
Browns president Mike Holmgren said the Browns were not outbid by the Redskins in an attempt to acquire the No. 2 pick in the NFL Draft in a trade with the St. Louis Rams. However, the Rams picked the Redskins as a trading partner, and they are expected to use the pick on Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Holmgren said the relationship between the Rams and Redskins played a role in Washington making the deal.

“What we offered for the pick was every bit the offer that was chosen,” Holmgren said this afternoon on a conference call with season-ticket holders. “There’s a real close relationship with the people who eventually got the deal done. I’m not sure any offer we made at the end of the day would’ve been good enough.

“Rest assured we were aggressively involved in that. We didn’t fold up our tent.”

Holmgren said the Browns have a Plan B.

“Do we take our ball and go home? No. We go to the next step,” he said. “The draft picks we were going to use, now we have again. The other plan we talked about is we use those picks to make the team better immediately this year. Get starters and help the quarterback by surrounding that position with better players.”

link

C
Legend
Legend
C
What will people complain about now?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

I guarantee the gripers will say "see? This is proof they don't like Colt".

C
Legend
Legend
C
*PREEMPTIVE STRIKE*

They can like both. But just like one more than the other.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

First, H&H can't seem to close a deal.
Second, we are going to build around Colt (which I have no problem with) but they've already shown that they think the QB position needs to be upgraded.
Third, we need at least 2 OL, Safety and an RB now along with WR's... no way this mess gets fixed this year.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That might be a bit of short term memory loss in saying H&H can't close deals. We got our second first round pick being active on draft day last year.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
In short, Holmgren says that our offer for RG was every bit as good as the Skins,

So, there you have it,, Proof.., all I ever wanted

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/03/cleveland_browns_mike_holmgren_13.html

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And that offer was what ?

Legend
Legend
Doesn't matter.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Inquiring minds want to know !

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Inquiring minds want to know !

did you read the article, it was in there.. three firsts believed to be 4, 22 this year and a 1st next.. Whats funny is Holmgren didnt' say we threw in a 2nd this or next year..but we know the skins did.. so I'm not sure how that's every bit as good... FWIW

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
That's just crazy.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
Quote:

That's just crazy.

Not if they felt that he is a franchise QB ...... and it's obvious now to anyone listening, that they did.

I would not make any trades with the Rams unless I can completely dismember them in the process. If Holmgren was as ...... upset ..... as it seemed, I can't imagine the Rams even calling though. If they do, I hope he just hangs up on them, and the player they want goes to someone else. I will wish, from this day forth, nothing good ever on that carpetbagging abomination of a red headed stepchild franchise.

Other than that, I'm good. lol

We still need to find a franchise quality starting QB, but I don;t really see one in this draft. There are a couple of distant maybes ..... but i dunno.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I would take the high road. If they offer a deal that can help our team, take it. Taking a worse deal because you are friends with someone is immature. Holding grudges is also immature.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I doubt that St. Louis is looking to trade up two spots to get their boy Blackmon, but if they do you absolutely fleece them.

If they wanted Blackmon so bad, they should have traded with us. We look to get as much of that king's ransom Washington paid as possible.

If they wanted Blackmon so bad, they should've traded down with us.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I doubt that St. Louis is looking to trade up two spots to get their boy Blackmon, but if they do you absolutely fleece them.

If they wanted Blackmon so bad, they should have traded with us. We look to get as much of that king's ransom Washington paid as possible.

If they wanted Blackmon so bad, they should've traded down with us.

Exactly.

That draft trade chart ..... look it up .... and triple your side of the equation and we'll start from there.

I really, truly, and completely hate the Rams now. I hope they're a 1-15 team 3 years from now, with all of their top picks having busted .... only to go on to incredible success elsewhere when they leave.

4 to 6 ..... we start with a 1st and 2nd this year. Add in a 1st and a 3rd next year and we can start haggling from there.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

If they wanted Blackmon so bad, they should have traded with us.

That is the point I was going to make.. surely if they wanted Blackmon that badly they would have calculated into the trade what it would cost to move back up and given us at least that discount...

yebat' Putin
B
Legend
Legend
B
It means they don't want him.

Fisher is a run type coach. I think they like Richardson and want him to serve as back-up to Steven Jackson since Jackson is down to his last few years. The two of them(Jackson and Richardson) could make a nice tandem for the next couple of seasons.

They have Amendola coming back this year. Two years ago he caught about 80 balls from Bradford, so I don't think receiver is high on the wish list.

Yep, the Rams have Richardson targeted.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
considering we didn't get the 2nd pick.. Holmgren should have just remained quiet about it or said something like "we inquired about getting the pick, but as you can see another team got it"..

Wonder how Colt feels.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Amendola is an RFA.

Restricted free agent Danny Amendola spotted in New England
Posted by Evan Silva on March 15, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT

Tom Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England recently speculated that the Patriots might have interest in Rams restricted free agent receiver Danny Amendola. Amendola played for new Pats offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels in St. Louis last season.

Curran’s thinking might have some merit.

Scott Zolak of 98.5 The Sports Hub/Patriots All Access tweeted Thursday morning that Amendola was spotted at a Boston bar called “The Place,” last night.

Amendola isn’t the first former undrafted free agent slot receiver type from Texas Tech in which New England may have had interest. During the 2007 offseason, the Patriots traded second- and seventh-round picks to the Dolphins to acquire Wes Welker’s rights. Like Amendola, Welker was an undrafted free agent slot receiver who played college ball for Mike Leach.

The Patriots are also scheduled to host free agent Anthony Gonzalez, another slot receiver, on Friday night.

web page

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have a strong feeling that Holmgrem believes nepotism played a factor here,which he should be aware of himself..it seems that when you read it ,it appears the Browns found themselves in the same situation they did against the Bengals when the D was in the huddle and the Bengals ran their play..odd that they thought they had a deal only to see the Skins throw their chip in and win..plus the comments throughout the week that Holmgrem wanted to keep #22...

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 03/15/12 08:30 PM.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

That's just crazy.

But hey, I'm sure they still believe in McCoy. They just wanted....REALLY wanted...RG3 to mentor McCoy to make him better.

Nepotism...I don't know exactly what the offer was, but it clearly was a helluva an offer, and we clearly wanted him to be the new starter. I'd have a hard time believing that if our offer was even one draft spot better than the 'Skins that they'd pass ours over because of some relationship.

I choose to believe we made a huge offer (boy, does Lombardi look like a flip-floppin', wafflin', rolly-polly no-source-havin' idiot or what?! ) but it wasn't quite good enough.

Now the real question is this: Where are we going to get our next QB from? They can blow sunshine up Colt's ass until the cows come home, but the ugly, dirty secret is out of the bag.

Tannehill? Osweiler? Cousins? Someone else?

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Rams/Redskins Trade Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard