Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Legend
Legend
B
Right....they traded first round picks and gave up 2 more....

Glad you agree

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

Quote:

Damanshot:

CLEARLY? well, maybe you've seen where someone from the Browns has said we offered anything.. But really, all I've seen is that it was Reported by a reporter and then re-reported by another then another and so on and so on.

I think I read that Heckert said they spoke to the Rams.. but I don't remember anyone saying that we offered anything? I'm not at all convinced that the Rams didn't float that in order to wrangle more out of the Redskins..

Then something else...
Quote:

I'm also a wondering where did the reporters get the information that the team had made an actual offer?

I'll ask this again, Heckert said that rumors of them trading up to get the 2nd pick were crazy. to those that wanted RG3, it's misdirection. to those of us that didn't care, it's,, hey,, he said it was crazy.. why was anyone suprised when he didn't do it?

It's funny how a persons hopes change the meanings of things said....

Who said he didn't try?

Daman, you also said that Shefter got his information from a St. Louis paper.

MaryK says differently:

Quote:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns offered at least their No. 4 and No. 22 overall picks in this year's draft to trade up to No. 2, a report said, but now it's time to look at life without Robert Griffin III.

As of last week, the Browns were unwilling to include their No. 22, but they acquiesced, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Saturday.

ESPN's Adam Schefter, citing Cleveland sources, reported that the Browns offered a third first-round pick and were also prepared to throw in a second-rounder. Schefter said the Browns thought they had a deal, only to discover the Redskins had outbid them.
web page

Sooner or later you're going to have to take someone's word for something. You cannot shrug off these reports until 100% proven then turn right around and say "Why are people surprised Heckert didn't make the deal?" when he hasn't come right out and said he didn't try to get RG3.

If you're gonna ride the fence, right it all the way.

We've got numerous reports from numerous sources saying the Browns tried to trade the farm for Griffin, but not one single report saying they didn't.

Time to use some common sense...

and perhaps you should have read on where it says "Others have indicated the Browns didnt offer three first-rounders, including NFL Network's Mike Lombardi, who told the Washington Post on Saturday that Browns sources told him they weren't willing to invest that much.
For their part, the Browns aren't saying anything, declining comment through team spokesman Neal Gulkis."

So yeah we have a St Louis reporter saying we would have and an NFL network guy telling Washington we wouldnt which is what we have been hearing all along. First I heard Rams are suprised Browns are showing little interest. Then I hear Browns wont add in the 22nd pick. Then I hear yeah we would have given them 4th (better then 6th) 22 this year or our next 2 years 1st round picks and our 2nd but that doesnt somehow trump Washington?

No, common sense says that we were not players and Washington was bidding against themselves and some major media hype. Glad they won personally.

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tannehill is special. I think the fact that he was asked to play receiver and he goes out and was the best receiver on this roster shows something. He worked to become a receiver but he never stopped working on becoming a QB. He showed enough they take their #1 receiver put him at QB and he runs with it to a bowl game against LSU. Folks that mentality is rare.

Physically, he has everything you ever look for in a QB. He has that special desire to be great. The guy is studying to become a surgeon so he has the smarts. The only thing that is lacking is more experience under center.

If you put this kid with the right group of coaches, he is going to be a true franchise QB for years to come. He has the individual parts but he needs the coaching to bring it together for him.

I rip on RG3 primarily to get a rise out of Ytown but that kid has that same mentality with Randall Cunningham arm and athleticism and charisma like no other. He is going to a coach that will play to his strengths and he has a real chance to succeed if he can learn to get that ball out fast.

Luck is the pedigree and he should be a success but he will take a lot of hits in Arians offense. Honestly, I think he has the worst hill to climb.

Get Tannehill here with this group of coaches and a pretty good OL and we can take back this division.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

Am I missing something here ... How did it cost the Redskins 3 , three , first round picks ???

RG3 cost Washington 3 first round picks plus a 2nd. Try to despute that was not the cost for that player. Thats what people are saying, For all intents and purposes they got a player and that player cost 3 1st round picks plus a 2nd round pick.

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I am of the opinion, if the skins are right on griffin, than they made a great deal. I've been following this draft for 20+ years, it's very difficult to hit on 3 first rd pocks. Most teams have quite a few busts. Just look at our draft history.? It's an all or nothing gamble, but if the skins get their quarterback for the next 10-15 years, no one will care about a few picks over the long haul.

The Giants gave up 2 1sts, a 3rd, and a 5th to get Eli Manning.

The Chargers got Phillip Rivers, Shawn Merriman, and Nate Keading...

The Giants have 2 Super Bowl wins.

Who got the better end of that trade?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

Quote:

I am of the opinion, if the skins are right on griffin, than they made a great deal. I've been following this draft for 20+ years, it's very difficult to hit on 3 first rd pocks. Most teams have quite a few busts. Just look at our draft history.? It's an all or nothing gamble, but if the skins get their quarterback for the next 10-15 years, no one will care about a few picks over the long haul.

And the Pats didnt give up anything for Brady same as the Steelers and NO and GB how did that work out? So we have 1 team that traded up to or made a trade and won a couple super bowls right? Lets flip the script and how many SB winning teams didnt trade up to get their QB in the last lets say 20 years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Get Tannehill here with this group of coaches and a pretty good OL and we can take back this division.

I've been watching a lot of youtube videos on Tannehill. Ones where you get to watch every one of his throws. He does have a strong arm, but I'm not seeing the accuracy that I really want in a first round QB.

But man, you are really selling me on this guy

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

There is no other math.

I hate to break it to you but you're wrong.
There is the Fuzzy math,and the always difficult for me Modern math.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And the Pats didnt give up anything for Brady same as the Steelers and NO and GB how did that work out? So we have 1 team that traded up to or made a trade and won a couple super bowls right? Lets flip the script and how many SB winning teams didnt trade up to get their QB in the last lets say 20 years.

Those situations aren't comparable.

Compare Tom Brady to how many 6th round QBs pan out let alone win a SB...

Compare Brees to how many 1st round QBs succeed on their second team. (Adding the caviot that he was injured, maybe if he isn't SD trades Rivers? But that's not my point)

I'm not saying trading multiple picks for a QB (or any player) is always a good idea, I'm saying that IF IT WORKS, you then won't care what the price was...

Last edited by OSGuy; 03/11/12 09:28 PM.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
no its completely comparable how many teams that trade up for a QB as in your example of the NYG's who did trade up and won super bowls as opposed to those that let the QB fall to them.
Yours is the exception not the rule.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Did you edit your post? Because you almost messed up my whole response (with my point being, compare RG3 with how many second selected QBs have been failures. Do you want to put 2 extra first round picks + more picks into that?)

I felt MUCH better about Eli coming out of college than RG3 too. Same thing with Big Ben (the guy I wanted that year). And it turns out it took Eli a couple years to catch on. Many Giants fans wanted to replace Eli ya know

BUT YES: If RG3 is an elite QB, it's a good trade. But if not, it's devastating. 3 first round picks on a guy is a lot. Only one I wanted to sink that into was Andrew Luck

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/11/12 09:33 PM.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Those situations aren't comparable.

Compare Tom Brady to how many 6th round QBs pan out let alone win a SB...

Compare Brees to how many 1st round QBs succeed on their second team. (Adding the caviot that he was injured, maybe if he isn't SD trades Rivers? But that's not my point)

I'm not saying trading multiple picks for a QB (or any player) is always a good idea, I'm saying that IF IT WORKS, you then won't care what the price was...

So we are not like a basketball bouncing between replies yeah if it works but it doenst work often in fact the odds say hardly if at all much as the odds of a 6th round pick winning SB's.
Your better off taking them when they fall to you and keeping the picks you have. IMHO.

BTW the last I can remember was much like Eli and that was Elway forcing his way into a tradr from Indy.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, I added the Brees line and the line after that...

Sometimes I hit send before my brains done talking...

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

LOL been there done that many times

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Don't sweat it, I do the same thing.

I just think putting 3 1st rounders into a guy, especially when you're team needs more talent, is a very risky proposition. And if the guy isn't the next coming of Jesus Christ (as Andrew Luck is IMO), it just doesn't make any sense. It's not like we're a great team, these will be early 1st rounders. Guys that will make us much better.

And while the risk is lower now with the lower cost of rookie contracts, veteran contracts will go up, so those good young players are going to be vital to a team's success

I'm gonna watch some more Tannehill and try to sell myself on him instead i think

Griffin's just water under the bridge, although if he gets all Donavan McNabb-esque and manages to make all the guys around him better, it'll definitely pay off for the Skins (early years with Donavan, the Eagles offense had really no tools around him and he always seemed to do pretty well)

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
It's hard to say how often it's paid off. Besides Eli, and Elway I can't remember a trade involving a quarterback of this magnitude. Like ytown has said, more times than not, teams picking that high need a quarterback, and aren't likely to trade the pick when a franchise quarterback is available. So as far as I'm concerned the two trades involving Elway and Eli have been home runs. 1 hall of famer, and 1 buliding a resume to join him. 2 for 2 if you ask me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

So as far as I'm concerned the two trades involving Elway and Eli have been home runs. 1 hall of famer, and 1 buliding a resume to join him. 2 for 2 if you ask me.

You can look at it as if that average is just too good............ Bound to be a failure in there, and the team to do it would normally be someone like us (or the Redskins). A team that just can't catch a break. So, kinda better it's them than us

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

It's hard to say how often it's paid off. Besides Eli, and Elway I can't remember a trade involving a quarterback of this magnitude. Like ytown has said, more times than not, teams picking that high need a quarterback, and aren't likely to trade the pick when a franchise quarterback is available. So as far as I'm concerned the two trades involving Elway and Eli have been home runs. 1 hall of famer, and 1 buliding a resume to join him. 2 for 2 if you ask me.

And I wouldnt disagree at all because they both were considered the best coming out in their Class just like Luck is, none of them were the 2nd best in the class. IF we were talking about Luck Id have a whole different mind set.

Legend
Legend
I love the logic used by some people.

Maybe we should be scouting the local supermarket checkout lanes ......... because Kurt Warner was doing that before he became a Super Bowl QB .........

Most QBs who are winning Super Bowls right now are 1st round picks. That's not even disputable. Manning, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brees (who was a 32nd pick, and would be a 1st round in a modern draft) Rodgers, hell, even Grossman and McNabb got their teams there.

The exceptions in the past 10 years? Brady, Warner, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Johnson and Gannon. (and the last 2 will fall off next year) That means that out of 20 possible spots for starting Super Bowl QBs, 4 went to Tom Brady. I think that we can all agree that he's a pretty rare talent, and a huge exception to the rule. 1 went to those other 4 guys. 11 went to former 1st rounders, or Brees.

As far as victories? 2 for Brady, 1 for Johnson ...... and the rest were 1st round QBs, and Brees.

I'll take a top QB and take my chances. Sure, we might run across that once in a lifetime guy like Brady ...... or we might find that once in a lifetime QB in the checkout line of the local grocery store ...... but the chances that we find a Super Bowl winning QB are much greater if we just draft one in the 1st round. This is probably even more true today, now that a rookie 1st round QB does not immediately destroy his team's cap situation.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

May not be how it's viewed by some, but in the end the Skins are out two 1st rounders.

They get a first rounder this year, and don't for the next two...thus, it cost two first rounders.

The Rams get a first rounder this year just as before and a extra for the next two years, thus a gain of two first round picks.

Pretty simple really.

Let's just phrase this in a different fashion. The Redskins are using 3 first rounders and a 2nd rounder to pick RGiii with an outside chance of Luck. They are investing 4 good quality draft picks in a QB that they hope will pan out to be their franchise QB as opposed to the normal 1 pick.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
Legend
Legend
I love how everyone is still arguing the semantics of what the trade means in number of picks...

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I love how everyone is still arguing the semantics of what the trade means in number of picks...

That is kinda crazy, isn't it.

Yet people whine about the fact that I think that RG3 is going to be a great one.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

I love the logic used by some people.

Most QBs who are winning Super Bowls right now are 1st round picks. That's not even disputable. Manning, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brees (who was a 32nd pick, and would be a 1st round in a modern draft) Rodgers, hell, even Grossman and McNabb got their teams there.

The exceptions in the past 10 years? Brady, Warner, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Johnson and Gannon. (and the last 2 will fall off next year)

Totally agree. However, not disputing your point, just that Brees was, is, and will always be considered a 2nd round pick (1st pick of the 2nd is still 2nd rounder), and it is only ONE QB removed from your list, but let's just try to be fair to the facts and keep it logical by miscategorization.

Otherwise, correct most SB winning QB's were taken in the first round, it doesn't mean you have to take one in the 1st to win a SB, just that your odds improve. Of course less than half (roughly) of first round QB's make it very far at all in their career, most get labeled as busts. So there is risk involved from both angles... Don't take a QB in round 1 and your odds of SB success lessen, take one in round 1 and the chances of that one busting are slightly over 50%, setting the franchise back a few years. ( I posted something near or at the end of the season with the past drafts first round QB's taken and their success, or lack thereof, not going to look for it tonight, but it was under 50%).

Classic case of risk vs reward, imo.

Sometimes the risk isn't worth it, and sometimes it is.

Big picture, 53 roster spots, most need upgrading on our team, will upgrading just one this year be better than getting to make upgrades at several postions this year, next year, and the next (1st and 2nd rounders this year)? (not really asking you, just a general question for everyone to ask themselves) H&H felt the latter, or just got hoodwinked by Fisher and Shannahan and their friendship, or fill in whatever other story is out there. We do not know since this was announced late Friday night and H&H haven't commented on it yet, and may not, they do have families and probably enjoyed some home time this weekend.

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Brees (who was a 32nd pick, and would be a 1st round in a modern draft)

That is a total stretch to help your point. You're right, Brees would have been a first round pick if there were thirty-two teams when he was drafted. But there were only thirty-one teams. That means he was a second round pick.

How do we know he would have been picked there if there was an extra team? The team with the 32nd pick would have had the best record, so they probably wouldn't need a QB. So that means Brees would have been the 33rd pick. Or as I like to call it, the first pick in the second round.

And if the draft was like it is currently the second round would be on Friday, not the same day as the first round. So the Chargers might have auctioned off that pick and Brees wouldn't have gone till later.

If there were one hundred and ninety-nine teams Brady would have been a first round pick. And if there was only four teams Rodgers would have been a sixth round pick. One more because this is fun. If there were 6 billion teams, I would have been drafted in the first round.

Quote:

and the rest were 1st round QBs, and Brees.

There were seven dogs and a cat. That implies that the cat is not a dog. If the cat was a dog you would just say, "There were eight dogs."

The rest were first round QB's and Brees. That implies the "rest" were 1st round QB's and that Brees was not.

Quote:

The exceptions in the past 10 years? Brady, Warner, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Johnson and Gannon.

Let's include Brees in that group because your whole argument for him being a first round QB is garbage. So Brady, Warner, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Johnson, Gannon and Brees all made the Super Bowl in the last ten years. That's seven guys with twelve apparances between them (Brady with 5, Warner - 2, Hasselbeck -1, Delhomme - 1, Johnson - 1, Gannon - 1, and second round QB Brees with 1).

The guys that you mentioned who were drafted in the first round are Manning, Manning, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Grossman, and McNabb (Manning - 2, Manning - 2, Roethlisberger - 3, Rodgers/Grossman/McNabb - 1). That's six guys. One less than the group mentioned above. Which is weird. Why would you make up some asinine argument for Brees? Because if you didn't the group of QB's not drafted in the first round would be larger than the QB's drafted in the first round.

Let's summarize.

Drew Brees. Second round pick.

Number of QB's drafted outside the first round with Super Bowl appearances in the last ten years. Seven.

Number of QB's drafted within the first round with Super Bowl appearances in the last ten years. Six.

7 > 6

Quote:

Sure, we might run across that once in a lifetime guy like Brady

I am twenty-five. I was born in 1986. That is my lifetime. Your criteria has been guys who have reached the Super Bowl. In my lifetime there has been four guys who have made it to the Super Bowl who were drafted in the sixth round or later. Brady, Mark Rypien, Stan Humphries, and Brad Johnson. If you can use Rex Grossman to support your argument I am for sure going to use Rypien, Humphries, and Johnson to support mine. So if by once in a lifetime you mean four times in a lifetime, yeah, I guess you're right.

Quote:

but the chances that we find a Super Bowl winning QB are much greater if we just draft one in the 1st round. This is probably even more true today, now that a rookie 1st round QB does not immediately destroy his team's cap situation.

So a guy is less likely to bust because he will get paid less money? I would argue the opposite. Teams will give up on a guy more quickly because they aren't paying him very much and it won't kill their cap to cut the guy. If RGIII is JaMarcus Russell-horrible after two seasons it will be very easy to cut him. (Note: I did not say RGIII will be JaMarcus Russell. I said IF he is that bad. Not he will be that bad. There is a difference.)

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I do like Wes Bunting. He puts out good, well thought out pieces. Stuff gleamed from watching tape, not gauged on what other GMs/Scouts are offering.

Slight digression....most of the ESPN people know very little and rely on their connections for their opinions. Once you peel back the onion on these guys, their backgrounds and their jobs now....

I can't think of one that was a legit scout who loved watching football.

Most of these guys like Mort, Shefter, Glazer and Clayton are wannabe gumshoes...guys who came up through journalism, got in with a team, then parlayed that into sources and brokers of inside information.

These aren't guys like Wes Bunting who want to spend time watching football! ugh, blech! football!

These are reporters. That's it. Finito.

Back to Tannehill.

The only thing I don't like about this guy is that he doesn't have an ideal release angle.

That's it.

He shotputs some of his throws. This can be corrected. And he doesn't snap off and spin some of his easy stuff. It's ok. Kind of lazy but he's a college passer and a kohai at that. All good.

If it weren't for Luck and a weird one in RG3... truly weird...then he'd be thought of differently. I'll leave it at that.

I make up my own mind. I know what I watch.

And I can guarantee you this guy is worth the 4th pick overall.

And he's going to be snapping off throws to an outside the numbers double move WR that will leave a Cover 2 safety helpless. TD. The end.

Tannehill is our pick at 4.

We're not going anywhere and he's our guy for too many reasons.

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

*Sniff*Sniff*

I smell a signature bet.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

*Sniff*Sniff*

I smell a signature bet.

I don't have a sense of smell...

...Hmmm... Maybe that's why I'm a Browns fan after all...

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
NO QB in this years draft....THere will be QB coming out next year also, and I bet they will be QB's who everybody thinks were sent bye god himself to take us out of this hole.....common, lets use our draft picks to shore up some areas, we need a RT, WR, RB another LB would be nice along with another corner....Lets take care of these areas give colt another year only this time lets give him a couple weapons, if he dosent get ti done than we will be in the postion to draft a Barkley or another cant miss College QB coming out, QB's dont stop graduating and coming out after this year...And lets face it, after Luck & RG# there are no other QB which are taged cant miss franchise QB's

B
1st String
1st String
B
Tannehill at #4 would be a reach of historic proportions and there is no way I see Heckert making that move. Maybe at #22 (which would likely still be a reach), but no way at #4. The ONLY reason Tannehill is getting any attention now is because a bunch of guys didn't declare and the two best QB's are going 1/2.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Tannehill is special. I think the fact that he was asked to play receiver and he goes out and was the best receiver on this roster shows something. He worked to become a receiver but he never stopped working on becoming a QB. He showed enough they take their #1 receiver put him at QB and he runs with it to a bowl game against LSU. Folks that mentality is rare.

Physically, he has everything you ever look for in a QB. He has that special desire to be great. The guy is studying to become a surgeon so he has the smarts. The only thing that is lacking is more experience under center.

If you put this kid with the right group of coaches, he is going to be a true franchise QB for years to come. He has the individual parts but he needs the coaching to bring it together for him.

I rip on RG3 primarily to get a rise out of Ytown but that kid has that same mentality with Randall Cunningham arm and athleticism and charisma like no other. He is going to a coach that will play to his strengths and he has a real chance to succeed if he can learn to get that ball out fast.

Luck is the pedigree and he should be a success but he will take a lot of hits in Arians offense. Honestly, I think he has the worst hill to climb.

mourg...after watching a lot of video on perspective QBs, Tannehill is the guy I liked in this draft, other than Luck who is going to the Colts.

Tannehill has a unique perspective as a QB, being a very good WR for his team before returning to the QB position. That experience might lead to his quality of getting the ball out quickly once he sees his target..quick release.

He will be 24 in July and clearly has the years left to be groomed. Weeden, whether they say age is an issue or not, is going to be 29 this year and his window of opportunity is much narrower than Tannehill.

Tannehill has speed enough to be a threat to pull the ball down and run if needed and his is smart.

The big question facing the Browns, do they take him at #4 knowing the Seahawks or another team might try to move ahead of the Browns should we not take Tannehill at #4.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
S
Legend
Legend
S
I don't wanna say I have anything against Weeden, but whenever I see/hear about him, I think Drew Henson, and I think what a waste.

I don't want to assume that he's one foot in, one foot out, but that's what I think. I mean will this guy turn around and say he's going back to try baseball once he realizes how hard the everyday grind of the NFL is (especially at QB)?

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I don't want to assume that he's one foot in, one foot out, but that's what I think. I mean will this guy turn around and say he's going back to try baseball once he realizes how hard the everyday grind of the NFL is (especially at QB)?

sperg...there is no way to know if Weeden might, at some point, change his mind and return to baseball.

His age and the fact that Weeden "could" pursue baseball again, might be the tiebreaker if a team values Weeden and Tannehill equally.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I do like Wes Bunting. He puts out good, well thought out pieces. Stuff gleamed from watching tape, not gauged on what other GMs/Scouts are offering.

Slight digression....most of the ESPN people know very little and rely on their connections for their opinions. Once you peel back the onion on these guys, their backgrounds and their jobs now....

I can't think of one that was a legit scout who loved watching football.

Most of these guys like Mort, Shefter, Glazer and Clayton are wannabe gumshoes...guys who came up through journalism, got in with a team, then parlayed that into sources and brokers of inside information.

These aren't guys like Wes Bunting who want to spend time watching football! ugh, blech! football!

These are reporters. That's it. Finito.

There's 1 problem with Bunting...there are tape watchers with a backbone and there are Bunting's

I have follwed his rankings since the 1st day he released them and he has dropped (or upped) some prospects by as much as 1+ point without changing the text...how come? Me thinks he "heard" stuff and changed his rankings accordingly...without explaining any of them...he wants to be a "tape guy" but he's a weather vane as most of the others 1st and foremost

Right or wrong, THIS is a tape guy with a backbone:

http://footballdiner.com/ncaa2012underclassmen2.html

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
-JC-

I don't like Weeden (and not because of his age), but I would be all for Draft Osweiler in the 2nd/3rd (depending on where they think he might go) and letting him sit for a year behind Colt.

Or

Packaging #22 and #37 in an attempt to move up and get Tannehill and drafting Blackmon or Claiborne at #4.

I am happy we didn't get RG3, not because I think he sucks, but because I think he doesn't fit our system. Even with RG3 we were not making the playoffs next year, IMO. It is probably better for us to draft a guy that fits our system and let him sit for a 1/2 - 1 year. Tannehill is 6'4", NFL caliber arm and played in the WCO. A little grooming with our Offensive guru staff and he could be this years Jay Cutler (drafted behind Vince Young and Matt Leinart) or Ben Rothlessburger (drafted behind Eli and Rivers). I don't know if #22 and #37 is enough to get him but it would be my preference to stay at #4 and take Blackmon or Claiborne.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If the Redskins missed on RG3, Tannehill would have gone at 6. There is no way he gets past Miami, KC and Seattle. If we want Tannehill, we will take him at 4.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
KC is at 11, SEA is at 12, if Miami gets Flynn they would be out, then you are talking to Buffalo to jump up over those other teams. #22 and #37 and maybe a 2nd round next year should be enough. KC still has Cassel, I don't think they are going to give up that much, Seattle might, they don't have an option at this point so you will probably be bidding against them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd rather just try to trade back a couple picks or pick Tannehill at 4, lol. We aren't in a position to just give away 2nd round picks.

Those guys are players who would be starters on this team

If we're looking for ways to get Ryan Tannehill, why don't we just cut the bs and get him so we don't have to sweat?

Legend
Legend
does anybody have any video of Ryan Tannehill looking like a 1st round QB that they can post so i can stop having nightmares please?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

does anybody have any video of Ryan Tannehill looking like a 1st round QB that they can post so i can stop having nightmares please?

Go on youtube and watch some of his games. Have you seen any. Not the highlights, the actual games where you see every throw he makes.

I kind of like him, he's got a solid arm, and he's pretty accurate. Things I'd like to see him improve is his decision making. But he's only been playing QB for a little while. 6'4, athletic, strong arm, good character.

Just needs more experience

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't take him at #4, and trading back is an option. I'd call Tampa and ask them how much they like Claiborne, then when we are on the clock at #5 I'd call StL and ask them how much they like Blackmon and then draft Tannehill at #6.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Rams/Redskins Trade Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard