Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Here is the source saying the Browns are not pursueing Flynn

web page

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

Cleveland Browns haven't pursued QB Matt Flynn, not set to make offer, league source says

Published: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 8:54 AM Updated: Wednesday, March 14, 2012, 9:11 AM

By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND -- The Browns have not pursued Green Bay free agent quarterback Matt Flynn and are not set to make him a contract offer, a league source told the Plain Dealer.

A report in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel on Tuesday said the Browns and Dolphins were after Flynn and that both teams were exchanging contract proposals with his agent, Bill Johnson.

The Browns have declined to comment on any free agents they haven't signed.

Browns quarterback Tom Hecket said last week that the Browns would most likely not find their quarterback in free agency and that they weren't "going to go crazy in free agency.''

The Dolphins are expected to pursue Flynn in the event they don't get Peyton Manning, and it appears they won't.

web page

Last edited by mac; 03/14/12 09:33 AM.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
It's just another example of don't believe anything until it's official!

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Browns quarterback Tom Hecket

web page

guess we found our new QB

Last edited by Arps; 03/14/12 09:24 AM.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
lol...yeah its kinda ridiculous. All it takes in one report with "anonymous" sources. Then the other reporters cite them.

Everyone gets a story..even if there isn't one.

Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

web page

Dude has a rocket arm, mobile feet and I just placed an order for a Hecket personalized jersey. Super Bowl, Super Bowl, Super Bowl.....

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Today's media motto is be first with the information/story...then wait to see if the facts are anywhere close to the story you wrote.

B
BatDawg Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B
Quote:

Today's media motto is be first with the information/story...then wait to see if the facts are anywhere close to the story you wrote.

And that's different from any other day how?

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

And that's different from any other day how?

I think he means in this day and age. It's not like it was years ago, for sure!

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

Report: PFT: Browns not pursuing Matt Flynn

Reports that free agent quarterback Matt Flynn is talking to the Browns are being debunked in Cleveland.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns have not pursued Flynn, and that they’re not planning to make him an offer.

The person who should be happiest with that news is Colt McCoy. The Browns didn’t trade up with the Rams to draft Robert Griffin III and aren’t pursuing Peyton Manning, and if they’re not after Flynn either they may think going with McCoy as the starter for another year is the way to go.

The person who should be unhappiest with that news is Flynn. Although he was perceived as a hot prospect in free agency after his tremendous performance in Week 17 against the Lions, he has fallen by the wayside a bit in the last couple of weeks as all the attention on quarterbacks has been focused on Griffin and Manning.

For the Browns, a wild card in all this is Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Most draft analysts view Tannehill as a reach at No. 4 overall, where the Browns are drafting. But if Cleveland thinks he’s going to become a good NFL starter, he could be an option — and that option could be a reason they’re not pursuing Flynn.

Flynn has to hope the Dolphins don’t land Manning. Miami is Flynn’s best landing spot, thanks to his familiarity with coach Joe Philbin’s offense, and if Manning doesn’t end up in Miami, there’s a good chance that Flynn will.

And if Flynn doesn’t land in Miami, we’re not sure where he’d go.

web page

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

And if Flynn doesn’t land in Miami, we’re not sure where he’d go.

If he doesn't land in Miami, then maybe Cleveland decides to sign him for less money than originally thought.

-Derek Jeter
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Seattle?

B
BatDawg Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B

I could see Seattle jumping into the bidding as well, if he doesn't end up in Miami. But if we could get him on the cheap that would make it more tolerable, I just don't want to overpay for a 2 start guy.

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
Legend
Legend
Seattle, maybe Arizona, maybe Denver??

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
J/C

All of the reports of not pursuing Flynn are stemming from Mary Kay, so it's not like their are a ton of different viewpoints.

I guess we'll see.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
Legend
Legend
And all of the reports that we were pursuing him likely came from one person NOT local to the team.

Wait and see is all we can ever do

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

N
Legend
Legend
N
yeah, it seems like Flynn's agent was trying to "force" Miami's hand to get something going with them (IMO).

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

web page

Dude has a rocket arm, mobile feet and I just placed an order for a Hecket personalized jersey. Super Bowl, Super Bowl, Super Bowl.....

Ahh,, the guy doesn't have the heart to lead a franchise...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
I wonder why the Browns are denying this report but didn't deny the reports about our offer for RGIII??

Why?? I'll tell you why. We made the offer.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
ApJ Offline
2nd String
2nd String
A
Did Heckert deny it? Or are "sources" denying it, much like "sources" said we offered up for RG3?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Are you telling me I read all of those positive Matt Flynn articles last night for nothing?

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I wonder why the Browns are denying this report but didn't deny the reports about our offer for RGIII??

Why?? I'll tell you why. We made the offer.

He didn't deny the offer,, he denied the amount that we offered..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Are you telling me I read all of those positive Matt Flynn articles last night for nothing?

15...looks that way...

IMO, the Browns know exactly where they stack up on Flynn's wish list...likely 2nd or possibly 3rd...and that is not based on money.

I'm sure if Flynn gave the Browns a call and said he wanted to be a Brown, Heckert would sign him in a heartbeat.

As I said earlier, it's entirely up to Flynn where he plays among those teams that are interested..his choice.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

I'm sure if Flynn gave the Browns a call and said he wanted to be a Brown, Heckert would sign him in a heartbeat.

Got a link to prove it?

Methinks your wishful thinking about Flynn is clouding your judgment...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
T
Legend
Legend
T
So what was the plan? RG3 wasn't it. Jason Campbell wasn't it. Kyle Orton probably isn't it. Now Matt Flynn isn't it.

Because Colt McCoy is Terrible, and he gets Worse with each player that doesn't replace him.

Because the Thought of waiting another year to PROVE that Colt McCoy is Terrible is UnBearable. ( We already suffered through that with the entire 2011 season, what more proof do you need?)

Guess what? Just about EVERY wide receiver and tight end on the Browns is a free agent this time next year. So what will the plan be then? Jordan Norwood?

This team gets worse with every passing hour, and it is ridiculous.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
L
2nd String
2nd String
L
There is this amazing thing called the NFL Draft coming up in April, you should check it out.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

There is this amazing thing called the NFL Draft coming up in April, you should check it out.

when did the NFL start letting the Browns do that?!?!?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Kinda sucks because IF we're bringing in a new QB this is the one I wanted, either him or Weeden later in the draft.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

And the Browns have anywhere from 9 to 13 draft picks depending on who you believe.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Kinda sucks because IF we're bringing in a new QB this is the one I wanted, either him or Weeden later in the draft.

Weeden won't last through the top half of the 2nd round. He may get selected in the 1st round.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Plan is the same plan it has been. Ryan Tannehill was plan A all along.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

The Plan is the same plan it has been. Ryan Tannehill was plan A all along.

Then why did they offer all those picks for RG3?

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
Well, we'll see what plan A, B, C, D, or Q is come the draft. lol (If there s a plan .........)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
No, there is no plan. That's the plan, to not have one.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They didn't. The story doesnt add up and now I see Michael Lombardi backing off the story in a hasty retreat. It didnt happen. It was right up there with Hillis joining the CIA. Hillis is a headcase but the story would have come out way before now.

Dan Snyder is a sucker and he got played for one.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

No, there is no plan. That's the plan, to not have one.

Well at least that way no one can steal your plan and use it against you .........

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Maybe that's the plan then.

#gmstrong
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

They didn't. The story doesnt add up and now I see Michael Lombardi backing off the story in a hasty retreat. It didnt happen. It was right up there with Hillis joining the CIA. Hillis is a headcase but the story would have come out way before now.

Dan Snyder is a sucker and he got played for one.

Man, I go out for a few beers and check this board and another one(planning for my vacation ) and all I have been reading is a bunch of Cry Baby, Knee jerk reactionaries about how they don't want to win and that they are done with this team. I am absolutely disgusted in what this fan base has turned in to. I hate to say that, I really do because I used to think we were better and stronger than that, but I just wish some of these fans would go away and we had a list that stayed at the top of the boards. To me saying I am quitting the Browns is like saying I am quitting America. I am loyal to the Bone, I might not agree with everything but if you think these guys don't want to win as badly as us you are blind. They might not bleed Brown and Orange but don't think for a second that raising a team from ashes and years of not having a Championship to a Super Bowl team is not a Trophy or an accomplishment that wouldn't dwarf any. Sorry about the rant but it is really sad to go through these and read and what has become of this fan base.

Last edited by LOYALDAWG; 03/14/12 10:00 PM.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
"I am loyal to the Bone,"

Not that there's anything wrong with it,but it's probably nota good idea to have that on the internet.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum New Flynn Thread - yeah

Link Copied to Clipboard