Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:

CLEVELAND -- The Browns are signing Bengals free agent defensive end Frostee Rucker today, a league source told the Plain Dealer.
As long as Rucker passes his physical, it's a done deal, and he's expected to pass.
The story was first reported by Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Rucker, 6-3, 285, was a third round pick out of Southern Cal in 2006. In 2011, he made 44 tackles and four sacks for the Bengals. Rucker would be a candidate to start at right end opposite Jabaal Sheard, who led the Browns with 8.5 sacks in 2010.

Mary Kat Cabot

Awesome.

Legend
Legend
I think this guy is a pretty good player. He's not a world beater, but he isn't a total scrub, either. Granted, I haven't paid a ton of attention to him. I imagine it'll be for a reasonable salary, too.

And, always good to take someone away from a division rival.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Lmfao!!!

Nice pickup H&H!

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
I wonder how long it'll be before he's accused of assault...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

He's not a world beater

Nope, he's far more accomplished at beating other things.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Mother RUCKER you BEAT me to it!

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

Quote:

He's not a world beater

Me thinks he misspelled WIFE

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

He's not a world beater

Good point. I don't think he's been in trouble recently, though, has he?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Probably cheaper for transportation from Cinci too, Just buy him a bus ticket.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's not a world beater

Good point. I don't think he's been in trouble recently, though, has he?

For a Bengal, he's actually an accomplished Saint

Ok, now the important stuff...

Started 11 games last year with 44 tackles and 4.0 sacks. 6'3 280. 28 years old, will be his 7th season. Before last season had a combined 8 starts and 3 sacks for his career.

Color me underwhelmed if he's a starter. I pray he isn't our "answer" at DE...

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
In all seriousness, this guy is basically just a rotational defensive end, something we needed.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

In all seriousness, this guy is basically just a rotational defensive end, something we needed.

And I need a bucket to release my excitement into at the moment

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Think H&H have been toking far too much of "The Devil's Lettuce" if this is the kind of off season they are going to produce...

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Replacement for King Kong..

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Definitely. And everyone KNOWS this isn't Heckert's answer to our DE problem . . .

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

Think H&H have been toking far too much of "The Devil's Lettuce" if this is the kind of off season they are going to produce...

Yea .. we are still down a RT and RB that we lost just to get back to lousy.

D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Gotta like this. Heckert bolsters our D-Line and takes away from our division opponent's D-Line in one fell swoop. Nice move, Tommy Boy.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
What were you expecting, Heckert said he wasn't going after any big names.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
We were hoping he was LYING.. Just like when he said he liked our RB's, WR's and QB's.. Guess he wasn't though.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Definitely. And everyone KNOWS this isn't Heckert's answer to our DE problem . . .

I might know that if I hadn't just watched Heckert introduce Jayme Mitchell as our starter this past season. But now? I can only HOPE he isn't Heckert's answer...

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

Quote:

I might know that if I hadn't just watched Heckert introduce Jayme Mitchell as our starter this past season. But now? I can only HOPE he isn't Heckert's answer...

Or how he was happy with our receiving corps last year...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Hmm...strange signing, he's a DE/DT tweener and the Pats were interested....in a 4-3 he projects as a SDE...where we already have Sheard

But he's in his prime, was deemed a developmental prospect when he came out and made the Bengals roster for 6 straight years getting more playing time last season and they wanted to re-sign him, that's a good sign (pun intended) ....as a 3rd DE or to spell Sheard I'm ok with him...be prepared for a rather high $/year to get him off the Bengals and Pats hands so quickly

My sleeper FAs for RDE remain W.Gilberry from KC (miscast in a 3-4) and Tollefson from the Giants

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
ugh.

Can you get worse by signing free agents?

T
Legend
Legend
T
... WHO!!! ?

---- ----- ----- ---- - --------------------------
Colt McCoy, five Point NINE yards per attempt! Oh for JOY, no one can stop em NOW!
So a week ago available were, RG3, Matt Flynn, Jason Campbell, Kyle Orton, and a few others, and each day the Browns unviel there new plan which is

NOTHING!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Woohoo!

Wait who?

Legend
Legend
Yippee.

We may not beat teams ..... but the women of the area better look out. .......

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't get all the long faces...this is a solid signing...he can play SDE and spell Sheard on some run downs (upgrade and keeps Sheard fresh) and move to DT on 3rd down spelling our DTs (upgrade on Paxson) ...he's a pretty good 5th DL and upgrades our run D

a player hitting his prime, coming from a Divisional rival that wanted to re-sign him and a top 5 guy at DE this FA....like OT or QB....great pass rushers hit FA once every blue moon

What do you guys expect? This is ridiculous

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
I want guys with some degree of character.

I have zero, absolutely no respect for guys who beat up women.

None.

I don't want them on my team, even if it means not being quite as good on the field. (and I don't think that Rucker is the difference between being a Super Bowl team or not)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
How about re-signing Hillis, Adams, or Patterson, all who would probably currently be starters on our team if we signed them today? Instead, we sign a depth player at a position where we have a terrific young starter.

Legend
Legend
I also want to add .... because I forgot about some of this .....

Rucker started out at Colorado State. he was accused of rape and was kicked off the team. The woman eventually refused to testify. (and there were reports that she was pressured not to)

He went to USC, and was accused of rape. I think that this one was plea bargained to a lesser charge, IIRC.

He went to the Bengals, and was accused of spousal battery and vandalism.

Pardon me if i am extremely unimpressed with us landing a scumbag thug for our team. I want no part of him.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

I don't get all the long faces...this is a solid signing...

In reply to Brownoholic (I believe) I'd stated that if I knew Rucker wasn't signed to be a starter it'd be a great signing, but because Heckert gave us the uber-productive Jayme Mitchell as our starter last season, I'm not going to celebrate this signing until I KNOW he's not slated to be the starter.

As a rotational guy this is a plus signing. As a starter this is a poor gamble. I'm reserving judgement until I see exactly which way Heckert is going with Rucker.

Legend
Legend
Is he better than Mitchell? If he is, then we just got better whether he is considered the long term starter or not..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Rucker started out at Colorado State. he was accused of rape and was kicked off the team. The woman eventually refused to testify. (and there were reports that she was pressured not to)

He went to USC, and was accused of rape. I think that this one was plea bargained to a lesser charge, IIRC.

Pardon me if i am extremely unimpressed with us landing a scumbag thug for our team. I want no part of him.

You'll have to ask someone in the legal profession, but being accused and being convicted are two different things..

Having said that, I dont have tolerance for guys who beat on women either..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I'm not going to apologize for the guy since I have no idea what he did.. but he's been in the league for 6 years and hasn't been in trouble. Everything he allegedly did was in college... and the vandalism and false imprisonment he plead no contest to was because he broke his girlfriends phone and wouldn't let her leave a party because they were having a fight..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Where there's smoke, there's fire.

There are a total of between 4-6 different instances where he has been accused of rape/assault. Most experts will tell you that only a fraction of rapes/sexual assaults are actually even reported to police, and fewer still are ever prosecuted. Many women don't want to face the public shame they get, and others are just afraid that they won't be believed. Still others are intimidated, eitehr by the man, his friends, or people in authority. (far more likely to happen in a college football environment, IMHO)

If it was one instance, then I might be able to look the other way ...... hell, Eric Wright was accused of something like this, and cleared ....... but Frostee Rucker has had this stuff follow him his whole football career, everywhere he's played.

Like I said .... whee there's smoke, there's fire ...... and there's a LOT of smoke around Rucker.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

ESPN OTL devoted a 30min segment just to him once. Also included an arrest at age 13 for accused rape, streaking, flashing (in class), etc.

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I want to go back to knowing nothing about him...

N
Legend
Legend
N
yeah, I knew about the arrest with the Bengals, so I did a google search. really wish I hadn't.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I made fun of Cincy when I found out his past. I guess the joke is on me. I don't care if he is a future HOFer. I want no part of him.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So like is Mary Kay going to write about this guy ?? I really have to question this one.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns to sign Frostee Rucker

Link Copied to Clipboard