Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I had forgotten all about that stuff. I hate to say the guy shouldn't be allowed to make a living but I certainly would not have signed him.

Talent wise he has great potential. I watched a lot of bengal games last year and he was coming on. Character wise, he was a piece of garbage. Now who knows. This is going on pure memory but didnt the nfl mandate he attened anger management and had to visit a shrink on a weekly basis?

My memory aint that good but this was big stuff a few years ago. Kid was 1st round talent ocming out.

Legend
Legend
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-08-29-4193584245_x.htm

Sorry, I guess that was still while he was in college.

Nonetheless, I don't like abusive people like that at all, and I don't want them on my team.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

It's really about a fan base that has just about had enough ! We would like steak, would settle for hamburger & you give us baloney ..

On hand, no bread, no ketchup!

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That was 5 years ago...what did he do the last 5 years? Hide behind his "foundation" and raping women at nights?

Good guy, bad guy? How old are you guys?

You're basically saying: screw Goodell, the judges, our FO, the Bengals franchise, the Pats FO, what do they know, they can't be right...after all I read it on the internet....do you realize how stupid that is?

Most of those guys are rather stupid, brute muscles with little brains (I know Im generalizing)...they aren't and never will be model citizen...if they were they wouldn't smash their heads for us every sunday

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
B
Legend
Legend
B
So, a great day in Browns town. We sign a scum bucket and allow Hillis to walk for 3 mil . We couldn't pony up a 3-4 year deal for the guy.

Sad day in Brownstown.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Happy Bday Pstu..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rape can be a hard case to get a guilty verdict on for many reasons, but there is a pattern none the less.

I don't have all of the facts, but I'm quite sure if this where 1800 and something, then some father would have given him a lead pill by now and asked questions later.

[Linked Image]

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I say sic him on the QB every play and then chain him to the bench in between games. Don't like his past but I'm not too good to give others a chance. We need a couple "attitude" guys on the line to give a little back once in awhile.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

We sign a scum bucket and allow Hillis to walk for 3 mil . We couldn't pony up a 3-4 year deal for the guy.

How many yrs. has it been since he's been in trouble? Hillis burnt too many bridges to be back.

You just made up your mind to complain about everything.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He didn't show up for 5 or 6 years and couldn't even win the starting job, then all of a sudden in a contract year he shows something, and finally wins a starting job at the end of the season. Don't be surprised if he reverts to his former pattern.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I say sic him on the QB every play and then chain him to the bench in between games. Don't like his past but I'm not too good to give others a chance. We need a couple "attitude" guys on the line to give a little back once in awhile.

No doubt if the other team put a chick at OT he would slap the crap out of them.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Grouchy Smurf lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

We should have went hard after Jeremy Mincey. We need a starting DE.

This signing is just plain stupid. I would rather have Mitchell off the bench.

[Linked Image]

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

... allow Hillis to walk for 3 mil . We couldn't pony up a 3-4 year deal for the guy.

Update: The Browns are expected to offer Hillis an incentive-rich contract, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

Recommendation: Hillis will be able to test the market and determine how much he's worth before the Browns will make their offer. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports at one point the Browns offered Hillis a deal worth $16 million over the first three years.

sports.yahoo.com

Doesn't anyone remember this? Hillis turned it down as he was firing and hiring agents.

$16 million over the first three years. Do the math.

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Him and Ben should get along...

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
They don't want to do the math.

They'd rather bitch and moan......

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

He cost himself alot of money just being hardheaded.

Of course it will be all Heckerts fault for not forcing him to sign

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

He didn't show up for 5 or 6 years and couldn't even win the starting job, then all of a sudden in a contract year he shows something, and finally wins a starting job at the end of the season. Don't be surprised if he reverts to his former pattern.

Umm, nice theory, but I doubt he signed a 6year contract as a rook...so he was re-signed before that

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

... allow Hillis to walk for 3 mil . We couldn't pony up a 3-4 year deal for the guy.

Update: The Browns are expected to offer Hillis an incentive-rich contract, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

Recommendation: Hillis will be able to test the market and determine how much he's worth before the Browns will make their offer. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports at one point the Browns offered Hillis a deal worth $16 million over the first three years.

sports.yahoo.com

Doesn't anyone remember this? Hillis turned it down as he was firing and hiring agents.

$16 million over the first three years. Do the math.

I think that the main problem was the guarantees, and the way the incentives were structured. If the Browns used him the way they did at the start of last season, maybe he wouldn't have reached any of the incentives? Who knows? Maybe Hillis decided to play on a one year deal, try to have a great year, and earn a better deal.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

B
Legend
Legend
B
So what happened.

You think he a psycho and I think Heckert a psycho.

Was that offer on the table any longer???

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

They don't want to do the math.

They'd rather bitch and moan......

Seriously Bubba, I don't bitch......but to keep it light, I might moan.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine.

I have zero respect for men who abuse women. None. You choose to look at it differently, and that's your right.

I don't like the guy. I think that character matters, and that bad character always reveals itself in time.

Then I also have to add on top of that the fact that I don't think that he's a good player. I mean, we paid $20 million to a dirtbag ...... who has 68 total tackles and 7 sacks in a 6 year career. (5 of which he actually played) Wow .... color me impressed.

If this is the kind of "careful" move we're going to make, I vote for reckless spending with abandon.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I mean, we paid $20 million to a dirtbag .

But 8 million is guaranteed over 5 years so it's a great deal.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

So what happened.

You think he a psycho and I think Heckert a psycho.

Was that offer on the table any longer???

All I remember is Hillis, or his agent, turned down the offer then a later press conference when asked about it Holmgren said they were going to let rest and play out.

I don't think either of them psychos. But I do think Hillis had some kind of issue going on. I mean all those agents in such a short time. Something is goofy about that.

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c

I didn't know all this about Rucker. That just begs this question; What is it about Rucker that was more appealing than Hillis? Speaking from an "off field" perspective? Or a character perspective.

I can see what both players bring to the table in regards to their on field performance so it then must boil down to what they bring in dollars and cents as it relates to their value to the team in the locker room, right?

They pay good money for a backup thug and let a good, first team player walk for chump change . . . both with off field issues . . . interesting . . .

Legend
Legend
That is an interesting way to look at it.

Plus add in that Rucker has really had an incredibly unimpressive career, and it's even more confusing.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Make room I am moving in.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Unimpressive? Wow
I would say he flat out stunk.
The next time I'm about to post something negative I will PM you first,you have a much more kind way of describing something than I.
Hell you could keep me out of all kinds of trouble.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
General reply

I dont get the Rucker/ Hillis debate. The debate will be Hillis vs. his replacement and Rucker vs. Mitchell.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Town.. if this was a Mangini hire, DJ would be carrying a pitch fork...

Legend
Legend
He probably is more of a run stopper than anything else ..... but still.

His career has been underwhelming to say the least.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Unimpressive? Wow
The next time I'm about to post something negative I will PM you first,you have a much more kind way of describing something than I.

Obviously you haven't read some of the stuff people have said about me lately.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
j/c

I'm sure no one on here has EVER committed an act that they regretted when they were in college.

Maybe instead of calling him a dirt bag and scum, you could wait for him to do something wrong THIS DECADE before you cast stones in his direction.

you had a good run Hank.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
To take it a step further,if any team but the Browns signed this guy,the posters that disapprove would be shaking thier heads in disbelieve while those ok with it would be screaming that this guy should be banned from the league.
It's all about consistency and integrity,alot of people have neither.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

j/c

I'm sure no one on here has EVER committed an act that they regretted when they were in college.

Maybe instead of calling him a dirt bag and scum, you could wait for him to do something wrong THIS DECADE before you cast stones in his direction.

Again, if it was one thing, then maybe I could overlook it ...... but it's a lot more than just one thing.

Plus ...and this is important ..... the guy simply is not that damn good a player.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Quote:

Unimpressive? Wow

Obviously you haven't read some of the stuff people have said about me lately.

Please,that has kept me entertained for several days.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Quote:

j/c

Again, if it was one thing, then maybe I could overlook it ...... but it's a lot more than just one thing.

Plus ...and this is important ..... the guy simply is not that damn good a player.

He's not the elite pass rusher we needed, but he certainly IS a good run stuffer. He can do his job as a good edge setting DE.

And he was young, an big time player at a major football school. Does that excuse him? No. Does that make him a scum bag because he made mistakes when he was younger. Nope.

you had a good run Hank.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/14/fantasy-frostee-rucker-run-stopping-extraordinaire/

Read this article. It may not change your mind, but it is something to consider. Plus, it pulls this thread out of the crap that it has slipped in.

you had a good run Hank.
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I already read it but didn't know if it was legit to post. What do you know, help stopping the run..good job!

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Legend
Legend
We basically got another Matt Roth..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns to sign Frostee Rucker

Link Copied to Clipboard