Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Yea now Mayock saying Browns should take him at 4 and McShay is saying Tannehill is every bit as good as RG3. lol RG3 doesnt care much for McShay either after saying he would move to receiver at the next level. Then RG3 lights it up this year.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
This guy has Tannehill going at 3 now...to the Chiefs

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Mourgrym #673461 03/30/12 02:38 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

CLEVELAND -- Another top draft analyst agrees with NFL Network's Mike Mayock that Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill can be a franchise quarterback and that the Browns should draft him at No. 4.

"I don't think the difference between Robert Griffin III and Tannehill is all that big, I really don't,'' ESPN's Todd McShay said on a conference call today. "I'd have a very difficult time passing on him at that No. 4 pick. I just think he has everything you look for in a future franchise quarterback if you develop him properly and you're willing to be patient.''

McShay said Tannehill's stock is climbing so high that he's not sure if he'll be available at No. 4. The Dolphins are one team that might be interested in trading up for him.

"It'll be interesting to see if Minnesota trades out and a team tries to trade in ahead of them, maybe Cleveland won't have a chance to get Tannehill at that No. 4 spot,'' said McShay. "I think it's going to be a huge internal struggle trying to figure out if they're going to go with Tannehill and if not, what do you do? I think the whole draft swings at No. 4.''

He said he'd go with Alabama running back Trent Richardson over Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon if Tannehill is gone at No. 4. But a franchise-type quarterback trumps those two positions if he's there, McShay said.

"You can have Trent Richardson and he's going to be a phenomenal back,'' said McShay. "You can have Justin Blackmon, and he's probably going to be in that second tier of wide receivers in the NFL. and that's great, but they don't win Super Bowls. We haven't seen Adrian Peterson win a Super Bowl. We haven't seen Andre Johnson win a Super Bowl. You have a great quarterback you win Super Bowls and I think Tannehill has a chance - if developed properly and you're patient with him -- to become a great quarterback. That's kind of what they're up against.''

McShay said he understands that Tannehill won't be ready to start from day one, but that Colt McCoy is professional enough to compete hard in the interim.

"If you bring in Tannehill and you sit him ideally for a year or the majority of the year, and put him in toward the end of this year to get him some experience, I do think that now you're looking at an organization that has its future franchise quarterback, has a guy that has all the physical tools, the size the arm strength, the accuracy, which continues to improve, has the right mentality, can handle pressure, and has just intangibles through the roof,'' said McShay. "That turns everything around.''

McShay said he's moved Tannehill up to No. 8 on his board after watching the rest of his film over the past four or five days/

"In my mind he was a mid- to late- first-round prospect with a lot of upside, but when you start to look at it and you take your initial bias out of it, he has everything you look for,'' said McShay. "It took taking a step back and looking at everything I had down on paper on this guy to realize he belongs in the top 10 and he has a chance to be an elite quarterback in the NFL. I think he belongs in the top 10 and I'd have no problem pulling the trigger on this guy.''

Link

From what I've read on these boards the past couple of years, most people think McShay is an idiot. I agree with those people.

Quote:

"I don't think the difference between Robert Griffin III and Tannehill is all that big, I really don't,''

Quote:

You have a great quarterback you win Super Bowls and I think Tannehill has a chance - if developed properly and you're patient with him -- to become a great quarterback.

If I am drafting a quarterback 4th overall I want him to be a slam dunk in my mind. Like Luck and RGIII (for some). I do not want to sit him. If I did draft a project QB at #4 (which I wouldn't), I would want a veteran QB to start in front of him. Like Hasselbeck/Locker in Tennessee.

Legend
Legend
um... link? what guy?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

2011 NFL draft: Film shows why Blaine Gabbert is atop QB board
Todd McShay
In preparation for Blaine Gabbert's pro day workout, Todd McShay breaks down Blaine Gabbert's performance against Iowa in 2010, one that shows why he is atop the 2011 QB class.
March 17, 2011

http://search.espn.go.com/blaine-gabbert/stories/todd-mcshay/5-4294594172

Quote:

Let’s be clear that while Gabbert is a very good quarterback he is not on the same level Atlanta’s Matt Ryan and St. Louis’ Sam Bradford were coming out of college. Gabbert is a notch below that level, similar to where Detroit’s Matthew Stafford and the New York Jets’ Mark Sanchez were when they entered the league, but he certainly has the tools to become a solid NFL starter.

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/missouri-...atthew-stafford

cfrs15 #673464 03/30/12 02:50 PM
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

"I don't think the difference between Robert Griffin III and Tannehill is all that big, I really don't,''

This guy has to be the biggest Moron there is! How in the world can he advocate trading three 1's and a second for Griffin not even a month ago when Tannehill could have been had at 6? Does he realize how stupid he sounds. I am sorry about the rant but these guys are out of Control. I guess this is great news because now if Miami wants to trade up it will cost three 1's and a second or maybe 4 1's? He threw 9 interceptions in his three biggest games and had foot surgery and now his stock has gone from late first to 2nd down to top 3? Did he squeeze in another college season why we weren't looking?

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
LOYALDAWG #673465 03/30/12 02:53 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

This guy has to be the biggest Moron there is! How in the world can he advocate trading three 1's and a second for Griffin not even a month ago when Tannehill could have been had at 6?

Ayyyyye - Meyun!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

um... link? what guy?

He also has Blackmon dropping out of the top 10:

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/3/30...retty-much-done

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
man, that was a wacky mock. Maybe the one most-fitting of the term that I've seen. I like when people propose alternative scenarios, but that had me scratching my head. Thanks for the link.

N
Legend
Legend
N
he does note in the paragraph at the top that he's trying to be nutty.

#gmstrong
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Speaking of Nutty...NFL Radio w/ Kirwan and Ryan just Mocked this, but first since this is a Tannehill thread he is slated to go 6 to Miami.

Kirwan and Ryan

1) Tim: Colts select with the 1st pick Stanford QB Andrew Luck
2) Pat: Redskins select with the 2nd pick Baylor QB Robert Griffin III
3) Tim: Vikings trade the 3rd overall pick for next year’s first round pick with the Panthers. Minnesota moves down to 9 Panthers select with the 3rd pick Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon
4) Pat: Cleveland trades their pick to St. Louis. Rams take with the 4th pick LSU CB Morris Claiborne
5) Tim: Bucs select with the 5th pick Alabama RB Trent Richardson
6) Pat: Browns trade their pick to Miami. Dolphins select with the 6th pick Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill
7) Tim: Jaguars select with the 7th pick North Carolina DE Quinton Coples
8) Pat: Browns trade their pick to Buffalo. Bills select with the 8th pick USC LT Matt Kalil
9) Tim: Vikings select with the 9th pick Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd
10) Pat: Browns select with the 10th pick Iowa RT Riley Reiff

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Legend
Legend
Why would the Rams trade up to draft a CB when they just gave Finnegan a bunch of money and NEED a LT?

Some people just say things so people will ask them why they said it...

I see NO WAY the Vikings pass on Kalil, unless they get a Dan Snyder type offer...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
N
Legend
Legend
N
trading down doesn't bother me. but, exactly what do we get with those trade-downs? he mentions it for Minny but not for us?

if we get a '13 1st rounder for each trade down, then we have 4 2013 1st round picks

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

if we get a '13 1st rounder for each trade down, then we have 4 2013 1st round picks

Calm down, Heckert has had enough heart surgery as it is...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
The only plausible reason for this would be to have any amount of ammo for next years draft without mortgaging the future in case you need to grab one of the QB's. You still have the 10th pick and you solidify your line for the foreseeable future plus get the rest of the guys you target in the draft substituting a Richardson for a Wilson or Pead, Blackmon for Jeffrey or Claiborne for one of their highly rated CB's. They would still be ahead and looking at what it cost to go up for Griffin might play a part in their decisions today for the future so they don't put themselves in the position the Redskins did.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

The only plausible reason for this would be to have

an extra 3 1st round selections in the 2013 draft for dropping 6 slots (we could still very well end up with Reiff, Sanu, Wilson in that scenario).

now, there's no way it would play out like that, but it's fun to think about. and think of the threads we'd have debating which 4 guys we should select (or if we should trade all 4 picks to move up to #1 for whichever QB du joir is supposed to be taken there).

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Speaking of Nutty...NFL Radio w/ Kirwan and Ryan just Mocked this, but first since this is a Tannehill thread he is slated to go 6 to Miami.

Kirwan and Ryan

3) Tim: Vikings trade the 3rd overall pick for next year’s first round pick with the Panthers. Minnesota moves down to 9 Panthers select with the 3rd pick Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon
4) Pat: Cleveland trades their pick to St. Louis. Rams take with the 4th pick LSU CB Morris Claiborne
6) Pat: Browns trade their pick to Miami. Dolphins select with the 6th pick Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill
8) Pat: Browns trade their pick to Buffalo. Bills select with the 8th pick USC LT Matt Kalil

LOL I'd be perfectly OK with that, depending on what we get for each trade.

No way in hell do I see Kalil falling to 8 though.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

Kirwan and Ryan

Loyal...this mock parallels a potential scenario I brought up in another thread, only I had the Dolphins trading up to the Vikings slot to draft Tannehill.

With the best QBs off the board, the Browns might as well start planning for next years draft, trading down to accumulate more picks that can used if necessary to position the Browns so they can land a QB in next years draft.

It is best that the Browns plan ahead should the worst case scenario become reality this year. Just as this mock shows, the Browns are well positioned to trade down multiple times and still be in position to land top talent.

I'm not claiming this is how the draft will go for the Browns, but I am saying the Browns need to plan for every possible scenario...including not taking a QB in this draft, but looking ahead to 2013.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
The worst case scenario is us taking Tannehill at 4...

So anything that prevents that is good in my book..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For those who are interested, here's his workout. The guy in the beginning is a total loser. But afterwards, it's the whole workout. Why is this guy wearing what he's wearing in the beginning? lol

But yeah, shows all his throws. Not really showing me anything I didn't know. Better than average NFL arm strength, not as precise as you want. Didn't know prodays had so many passes to stationary targets. Don't really see what that proves.

But, you can watch footwork and release (for those guru guys), I prefer the youtubes with every throw in games

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I like his intermediate throws...the ones that travel 30 yards from A to B (not 30 yards from the LOS) a lot more than the short throws that travel 15.

5:42
5:56
6:22

An example of a throw I don't like is at 4:45. He has a tendency to push his short passes, like he's trying to guide it in mid throw. That needs to be addressed.

Overall the guy is a heck of an athlete. Plenty of arm. Runs faster than most linebackers. Watch his 40. Smooth. Compare that to another fine athlete in Andrew Luck. Watch them back to back. Really nice on Tannehill's part.

There's a whole lot to work with here and I can see him being a top end guy with the right grooming.

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think they have the luxury of using the fourth overall pick on a player who isn't going to play.

I can't say I totally disagree with you, but the other side of the coin is that if there is a year to do that, it's this one. Why? Because we DO still have another pick in round 1. Not saying the Browns are thinking that way, but it does remain a possibility.

Exactly....after the pick, we still have a full slate of quality picks.

Take Tannehill, then act as if the draft is just starting. If one puts it in those terms it makes a lot of sense.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
It looked early on in the film that he corrected his throwing motion with releasing the ball higher... as the video went on he did still throw from below his ear on a few occasions.

Like someone else said he seems to push the ball alot in the short passes.

His footwork looked much better then in some of the game films that some people posted. And his release looked quicker.

Another knock that I have is that I really dont see this incredible arm that everyone keeps talking about. I know that throwing a tight spiral isn't indicative of how well of a passer he is but it looks like almost every pass was wobbly.

P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Quote:

Take Tannehill, then act as if the draft is just starting. If one puts it in those terms it makes a lot of sense.

So forget about getting a quality starter for years to come in a position we need help at... lets just get a project QB w no experience simply because we have 2 first rounders?

WOW... WOW lost all respect for u Peen with that one.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
All of you Tannehill torchbearers are killing me.. Mourg you especially! Aren't you always pimping the bpa philosophy?

"Upside" and potential are terms saved for the 2nd rd and beyond...

We will be picking top 10 again next year with or without your golden boy.. Difference is I don't want us passing on Aaron Murray or the likes because our F.O. will be building a team around a sub par qb that they blew their #4 pick on this year...

And Heldawg? His short game inaccuracy? Didn't DA have that same issue?

I will seriously question this f.o. if they pi$$ this thing away on a project...

Just my .02

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree with peen's comment too although hes coming from a less confident place on Tannehill's future than me.

And for anyone wondering about his arm strength see the three throws I mentioned above. Look at the throw at 6:22 and tell me that's not a WOW throw.

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns 1st round pick has often been out the whole season due to injury,
In Kellon Winslow's case 2 straight years.
In Db, Pool or was it Sean Jones, it was the 1st and 2nd rounder for the bulk of the year.

So it's not that it would be all that out of the ordinary, to just pick Tannehill and act like the rest of the draft is just starting.
If they took Tannehill and he gets better than ( something like 10 catches for 44 yards) he'd be beating KW2's stats his first year or two.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
This kid is going to be a top QB in this league if groomed properly. His ceiling is every bit as high as RG3 and Luck.

It is just like people complaining about Greg Little being so raw and being a converted RB as they refuse to see just how much potential the kid has. Hell I did the same thing with Ward, I wasn't thinking ahead with his topside potential. The guy couldnt cover a fence post in college but before the injury last year, I saw tremendous growth in that area.

Heckert loves upside and Potential, do not be shocked if we go that direction on draft day.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

Heckert loves upside and Potential, do not be shocked if we go that direction on draft day.

Won't be shocked... think sickened would be more like it... and psssttt you Shouldn't use the term IF when it comes to a top 5 pick

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

I agree with peen's comment too although hes coming from a less confident place on Tannehill's future than me.

And for anyone wondering about his arm strength see the three throws I mentioned above. Look at the throw at 6:22 and tell me that's not a WOW throw.

I like these throws at 5:05 and 5:50.

Legend
Legend
Colt can make the long throw.. Its just not his forte so to say.

Colt needs to work on two things IMO. Colt needs to work on keeping his eyes down the field when he's in hot pursuit of a defender and working on throwing the ball a little earlier on certain routes. If he can do that.. things will open up for him.

and one thing from the video i noticed.. a speedy WR would benefit Colt.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Mour might be right about the kid.......he has lights out potential. However a phrase that I absolutely NEVER want to hear when talking about a QB prospect that the Browns might draft is........struggles with accuracy and decision making. Name me one QB who has been an upper level QB who struggles with accuracy AND decision making?? Decision making can be improved on, and accuracy can a little as well, but when you combine both of them together I can't think of a single prospect who made it.

There are lots of good QBs who had ???s about their arm strengths, intangibles, etc, but I can't think of a single one who had both of those knocks who went on to be upper half starters in the NFL. I wouldn't draft him before the latter half of round 2 or round 3, and if we draft him in the top 5 it's time to start wondering who the next FO is, because these guys will have proven themselves incompetent.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Quote:

This kid is going to be a top QB in this league if groomed properly. His ceiling is every bit as high as RG3 and Luck.

Sounds like an excuse already... if groomed properly

Quote:

Of course you have a huge upside when your fundelmentals and experience are near the floor.

I'm sorry but I'm gonna give our FO some credit here... the only reason we may be pimping Tannehill is so that we may trade down. I don't see us going that route with the first pick AT ALL. I would be shocked if Holmgren breaks tradition and shoots for Tannehill at 4. I seriously doubt he would even pick him at 22 if he's still there. There are far too many more pressing needs that this team has and 2 first round picks to fill some holes is a blessing. I really dont see the FO going in that direction.

Positons of need: in order of necessity imho

WR, RT, RB, OL, CB, DE, LG, QB, FS

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

WOW... WOW lost all respect for u Peen with that one.

Why, because I want Tannehill at this point?? OK.(shrug)

I look at it like this, when the football guys....not Kieper and McShay, but guys Mayock and Gil Brandt are saying the guy is a top 10 talent, then I don't think taking him at 4 is a reach.

I understand you and others don't want him for one reason or another, but I won't lose my respect for you because you don't.

If I was clamoring for some total 4th rounder as the 4th pick, sure, that would be crazy, but there are people who know way more about it than I do, and most probably more than any of the posters here have him rated as a top 10 player.

In the end, it just boils down to opinion.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
It's not so much of the Opinion of who u like or dislike... its the concept of "oh well heck with it we have another pick so why not take the chance" that i disagree with.

I'm normally in the same opinion as u in most matters football or not.

Remember Mike Junkin is all I have to say.

Wait one more... Brady Quinn.

Expert or not... I watch tons more college games then NFL and I usually have a good nose for who has talent, who is incredible combine talent, and who is just a pure football player at their position. Tannehill is combine talent with no experience and I believe him to be a project reach in whatever round you get him in. You don't draft projects in the top 10. Those are suppose to be your studs that you pick and come in and start from day 1. Not reaches, not projects, not incredible athletes just because their combine numbers wow'd someon.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

It's not so much of the Opinion of who u like or dislike... its the concept of "oh well heck with it we have another pick so why not take the chance" that i disagree with.

Oh, Ok....then we just disagree.

First i don't look at it like we are throwing in the towel so to speak.

Is it a risk??? Sure, but then again I think all early round QBs are risks. For all we know, Luck might suck.

My feeling is all the metrics point towards Tannehill having as good a chance to be a solid player at the position, and when I say solid I say that in context with the value of the pick, not in comparison to Colt being a fairly solid player for a 3rd round pick.

To put it in to overall context, I think Tannehill is the type of player a team can ride a long ways for a long time.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Why, because I want Tannehill at this point?? OK.(shrug)

I look at it like this, when the football guys....not Kieper and McShay, but guys Mayock and Gil Brandt are saying the guy is a top 10 talent, then I don't think taking him at 4 is a reach.

Well, Gil Brandt thought McCoy was a top 10 pick too. He came out recently and supported McCoy.... and you respect him?

Brandt said he views McCoy as a potential “top 10 guy” worthy of a first-round pick because of his work ethic, accuracy, leadership skills and long-term value.

NFL: Gil Brandt: Colt McCoy is Drew Brees on and off the field

By Jimmy Burch
McClatchy Newspapers

FORT WORTH, Texas — In the copycat world run by NFL executives, former Texas quarterback Colt McCoy may have caught a break in Super Bowl XLIV.

At least that is the opinion of Gil Brandt, personnel analyst for NFL.com.
Like many peers who draw paychecks as NFL talent evaluators, Brandt compares McCoy — winner of the 2009 Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award — to Drew Brees, the New Orleans Saints’ accurate-but-undersized quarterback who became a Super Bowl MVP by leading his team to a 31-17 upset of the Indianapolis Colts.
McCoy (6-foot-2, 215 pounds) is 2 inches taller than Brees (6-0, 209). But he remains short by NFL standards, where Colts quarterback Peyton Manning (6-5, 230) is considered the prototype.
Manning, of course, was outplayed by Brees — arguably the league’s shortest starting quarterback — during that game. Brees completed 32 of 39 passes for 288 yards and two touchdowns, without an interception.
Brandt said Brees’ prime-time performance should make NFL executives take a closer look at McCoy, who set an NCAA record for career victories by a starting quarterback (45) and finished with a career completion rate of 70.3 percent, before pulling the trigger in favor of a taller quarterback in the 2010 NFL Draft.
“I think it opens some eyes. No question about it,” said Brandt, the former Dallas Cowboys director of player personnel. “To me, Colt is Drew Brees on the field and Drew Brees off the field. But he’s about two and a half inches taller and he’s faster.”
For undersized quarterbacks, Brandt said Brees’ emergence as a Super Bowl winner could have similar repercussions to the Cowboys’ decision to select Bob Hayes, an Olympic sprint champion, with a seventh-round pick in the 1964 draft. Despite a limited football background in college, Hayes morphed into a 2009 inductee into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
“This is like when we drafted Hayes,” Brandt said of Brees’ potential impact on future NFL thinking. “After that, everyone started drafting those kinds of receivers. People emulate what has proven to be successful ... in every business, including the football business.”
In Brandt’s estimation, that could boost McCoy’s stock in relation to taller quarterbacks who will join him at the NFL Combine, Feb. 24 through March 2 in Indianapolis. But that does not prevent ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. from projecting Oklahoma’s Sam Bradford (6-4, 223) and Notre Dame’s Jimmy Clausen (6-3, 223) as the top two quarterbacks available in the draft.
Kiper projects both players as first-round picks likely to be taken among the top 10 overall selections. Kiper rates McCoy as the third-best quarterback prospect but not as a first-round pick.
Todd McShay, ESPN Scouts Inc. director of college scouting, goes even further, saying “there’s not a lot of elite quarterback prospects” available in the 2010 draft. After Bradford and Clausen, McShay said, “You have a little bit of a dropoff” in the quarterback talent pool, especially with McCoy coming off a pinched nerve in his throwing shoulder that knocked him out of the Jan. 7 BCS National Championship Game in his final college start.
“I think Colt McCoy is a second- or third-rounder,” McShay said.
Brandt said he views McCoy as a potential “top 10 guy” worthy of a first-round pick because of his work ethic, accuracy, leadership skills and long-term value. In short, the same attributes he admires most in Brees, a second-round pick by San Diego in the 2001 draft.
Brandt is far from alone in making the connection. Archie Manning, a former Saints player who is Peyton’s father, got to know McCoy last summer at the Manning Passing Academy in Thibodaux, La. The elder Manning echoed the McCoy-Brees comparisons, saying McCoy “reminds me a lot of Drew Brees,” because both players are accurate passers with quick releases who have “better arm strength” than scouts acknowledge.
Brad McCoy, Colt’s father, said the Brees comparisons “can’t hurt” as his son prepares to begin his NFL career.
Colt McCoy said he has heard the Brees comparisons, understands them and embraces them. But he knows he must prove his mettle to scouts after departing with an injury five plays into Texas’ 37-21 loss to Alabama in the BCS title game.
He said he is “fully confident” he will be able to do so, either at the combine or during individual workouts later this spring.
“My body has responded very well so far to the things that I’ve done,” said McCoy, who has been going through rehabilitation workouts in Southern California for the past month. “I’m really looking forward to ... proving that my shoulder’s OK and being ready to go.”

Gil Brandt

Gil Brandt thinks Browns can win with Colt McCoy

Last edited by LOYALDAWG; 03/31/12 05:20 PM.

Legend
Legend
And if anything, with a little patchwork, everybody could break out their old Edwards jerseys...

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Yeah, I think mine is in the attic with Timmy..

Legend
Legend
I just bought a #80 Winslow jersey at Goodwill for $3.99, Hoping we get a WR here soon that picks the number up...

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Tannehill v.2

Link Copied to Clipboard