Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
L
As of today, if I look at this as unbiased as I can and(whether I like it or not)these are some things that I think can happen. I will add more and this isn't strictly relegated to the Browns. I am interested in what others think such as players sliding or surprise picks.

-We trade down from 4
-We trade back into the first
-We end up with three first round picks
From that I see a Tannehill/Hill/Martin(RB) combo unless Blackmon or Richardson is on the board still in which I see a Blackmon/Weeden/Martin combo.

Off the wall
-Josh Cribbs is traded and Keshawn Martin is selected with a Comp pick. Josh is a free agent after this year and can't see them resigning him and in a deal that averages out to be 6.3 million a year that is a hefty price tag for a special teamer. I don't think he is in their plans at Receiver after this draft.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Legend
Legend
- I'm not even going to try to predict who we take with our first pick or what slot it is

- I predict that Minnesota trades back into the first round trading their 2nd or 3rd this year and next year's first to get either Kirkpatrick or Gilmore after taking Kalil at 3. This will happen somewhere starting from 12 but no later than 22.

- I think if we don't take Richardson in the top 10, he falls much further than people are willing to guess... Possibly to 20.

- Brandon Brooks is taken in the second. Ron Brooks is taken in the third. Both in our division.

- Although we start off with 13 picks, we draft no more than 10 players.

- Seattle will move back in the first round.

N
Legend
Legend
N
1. we move back from #4 but stay in the top10
2. we use some of what we gained in the trade back to move ahead of Cinci with #22
3. we are one of the most active teams in terms of moving up and down in the draft and bank at least 2 picks for next year's as well.
4. people freak out that we traded down in 3 out of 4 drafts.
5. people freak out that we don't take a QB until at least the 3rd round.
6. in the top2 rounds we select a RB, WR, and RT at some point.

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I can't shake the feeling that we keep our pick at 4 and then trade back up into the top 10.

It's a good feeling . . .

L
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
L
To do what though... Richardson/Blackmon or One of those guys and Tannehill? If they did that it would have to be for a QB because it would have to include a first from next year and I can't see them doing that on anything other than a QB especially considering it could take as much as three 1st to do so next year. At one time I had my hopes up for a scenario like that with Blackmon and Richardson but think it is highly unlikely for that now considering two of the three guys have a QB high on their list in either Weeden or Tannehill. I Fully expect one of them to be a Brown.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tannehill, Hill, Doug Martin and Mitchell Swartz are my picks at the moment.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
- We don't pick at #4 or #22
- We end up with less than 10 picks this year when all is said and done.
- We do not draft either of the QBs most associated with the Browns (Tannehill/Weeden)

- New England trades UP in the draft this year
- Janoris Jenkins does not get drafted until the 3rd round

There seems to be a player every year or two that is taken in the top 10 that was not expected to be (think Ted Ginn, Tyson Alualu among others...) ...I'm torn on this one - Stephon Gilmore or Fletcher Cox.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

There seems to be a player every year or two that is taken in the top 10 that was not expected to be (think Ted Ginn, Tyson Alualu among others...) ...I'm torn on this one - Stephon Gilmore or Fletcher Cox.

Cordy Glenn? Stephen Hill?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
In a series of epic trade backs that continue throughout both days with almost every team in the league we end up with no picks in the the first 5 rounds but 61 picks in rounds 6 & 7. Yes, perhaps talent isn't necessarily "game changing" but we do get a lot of guys. Lots and lots guys who've played football before. We're fairly certain there's a Tom Brady in there somewhere.

Last edited by 10YrOvernightSuccess; 04/17/12 05:14 PM.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
N
Legend
Legend
N
is Fletcher Cox not expected to go top10? I see pretty much him, Poe, or Brockers going to Carolina at #10 on most mocks (with a few Michael Floyds sprinkled in).

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
My prediction is that many people will be upset with our pick and far fewer will be happy with the pick. Too many people hitch their wagons to one guy and when that guy isn't picked they go nuts.

Fun times.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I haven't looked at mock drafts in a few weeks, back then Brockers was just outside of top 10 and Cox/Still were teens/twenties. Maybe I should have looked up a few mocks before posting that

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I can honestly say i have know idea what is going to happen. The browns can do so many things. Stay at 4 or trade back. Stay at 22 or come up. I think we will be active trading. I hope we come out of this an improved team. This is a huge draft for the browns, we can not whiff on these first three picks, they are not expendable.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Brockers is still outside the top10 most places (and in the 20s) on most. I like him better than Cox though, so I picked him for our "You Be the GM" for Carolina. That counts, right?

Cox has risen a ton lately though and is probably a 8-15 range guy now.

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
From what I've read, he is rising fast. Someone (can't recall who) even suggested the reason Philly was interested in moving up to #4 was for Cox - I can't see that, but who knows...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think we stay at 4 and take Claiborne.... only because I havent heard anyone from the Browns FO mention him.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Yeah but ..... Heckert talked up Haden big time prior to the draft ...... and we took him.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Browns specific:
-Browns try to trade out of #4 but teams call our bluff and we stay there and take Richardson
-Browns trade out of #22...most likely back
-3 WRs drafted by Browns
-No QB selected until Round 4 or later
-Browns end up with 2013 #2 or #3 round pick

Player specific:
-Weeden does not go until round 3
-Fletcher Cox is top 10 pick
-Stephen Hill is top 16 pick
-Donta Hightower ends up a Steeler or Raven
-Kendall Wright falls into the 30s
-Lavonte David is drafted in round 1
-LaMichael James goes in Round 2
-Burfict falls to round 6

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
Legend
Legend
My predictions:

No WR in the 1st round.
Richardson at 4.
Another RB drafted later.
Weeden at 22.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1) Trent Richardson
1B) Kendall Wright or Cordy Glenn
2) Reuben Randall (or best RT available)

There's a lot of guys that I want in this draft though. Enough that I'm not sure I want to use our 2nd round pick on Weeden.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Richardson at 4.

Who are we getting rid of?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

My prediction is that many people will be upset with our pick and far fewer will be happy with the pick. Too many people hitch their wagons to one guy and when that guy isn't picked they go nuts.

Fun times.

LOL, well I'm not used to getting my picks other then JT, Haden, Sheard and Rubin, There isn't another player we Drafted who was on my wish list of recent years.
I won't be too surprised if they don't pick the prospect I would have, but I have a good feeling we will still come out with some we will be happy with and probably some (hopefully later picks) we don't like.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Richardson at 4.

Hell, we could get rid of everyone for what they've been worth.

If it takes a full 2 years to come back from an ACL, then Brandon Jackson won't be ready to go next year. Ogbonnaya is a decent "get me by" RB, but hardly someone that can't be improved upon. Hardesty hasn't shown anything yet in his career.

We could easily cut all 3 without really having too many people shedding a tear.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Brandon Jackson was on the IR for turf toe, but yes it does normally take a full two years to come back from ACL surgery as in the case of Hardesty.

[Linked Image]

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
What's that about Jackson and an ACL tear? What'd I miss?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

We could easily cut all 3 without really having too many people shedding a tear.

Maybe 13 picks won't be enough.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Brandon Jackson was on the IR for turf toe, but yes it does normally take a full two years to come back from ACL surgery as in the case of Hardesty.

Oooops ..... why was I thinking knee with him?

Regardless, I certainly don't see any of our RB as irreplaceable.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I think we leave round 1 with Melvin Ingram and Brandon Weeden, and the 33 pick first pick in the 2nd round. I hope.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I think we leave round 1 with Melvin Ingram and Brandon Weeden, and the 33 pick first pick in the 2nd round. I hope.

Many here don't consider Ingram an elite talent, but I do ... I'm also very high on Cox, but that would be a luxury pick, that we don't have, because he would be the 3rd DT in the rotation ... A need per say, but we have bigger fish to fry.

If we were to trade down past the 6th pick, then yes I would consider Ingram.

Also if there are no OT's available at 22, then I might also take Brandon Weeden there, so I could see that scenario in the first round.

[Linked Image]

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Richardson at 4.

Seneca Wallace?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Many here don't consider Ingram an elite talent, but I do ... I'm also very high on Cox, but that would be a luxury pick, that we don't have, because he would be the 3rd DT in the rotation ... A need per say, but we have bigger fish to fry.

If we were to trade down past the 6th pick, then yes I would consider Ingram.

Also if there are no OT's available at 22, then I might also take Brandon Weeden there, so I could see that scenario in the first round.

I pimped Ingram in my sig for a while and I came to the realization that he isn't someone we will take.

I'd love to have him though.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ok, what the heck.

4 - Richardson
22 - Trade down from here to the top of the second. Also get a 3rd this year and a 1st next year
2a - Sanu
2b - RT

We use a package of lower round picks to move up in the draft. Twice

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Who in the world are you going to find to give you a high second, a third and a first next year for the #22 pick?

yebat' Putin
L
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Who in the world are you going to find to give you a high second, a third and a first next year for the #22 pick?

That's easy..Phil Savage or Eric Mangini! Can I throw Butch in there too? trying to remember who owns what gaffe!

Last edited by LOYALDAWG; 04/18/12 04:03 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Didnt we give up pick 34 and a first to get Brady Quinn at 22? going on memory which is a bit off today.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
OK, the third is asking a bit much, but moving from 2nd back into the first has cost a 1st the following year in the past, IIRC

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

You might be able to get a high 2nd and a 1st next year from Minny if somehow Kirkpatrick falls to 22 like has been showing up on mock drafts recently. Because Detroit would sure snatch him up at 23.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kirkpatrick could be the guy that really gets us some value. Lions, Patriots, Vikings, Rams all could look to jump up.

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Richardson @ 4. Smile, make the pick, walk away. Then start calling and see if we can jump back up to land Blackmon.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I say we end up trading with Miami back to #8.

Then after the first 7 picks are - Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Tannehill, Caliborne, Cox, Gilmore

We still land Blackmon at #8, and we pick up Miami's 2nd round pick.

So we go ...

8. Justin Blackmon
22. Johnathan Martin
37. Brandon Weeden
42. Janoris Jenkins

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Draft Day Predictions Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard