Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Legend
Legend
C
We have thirteen picks. I will not be upset if we move one of those picks to get the guy we really want.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
If we gave up anything before the 4th or any next year picks to move up, I'd be livid . . .

Legend
Legend
Quote:

We have thirteen picks. I will not be upset if we move one of those picks to get the guy we really want.

Yes we have 13 picks, but not all 13 picks are created equal... I should have clarified, if we give up anything from the 4th round or above... then I'll be really upset.

I still don't see the need to trade up even if it costs us a 5th round pick, which it would cost more than that because if we trade up at all it's because we fear we are in a competition, and we aren't going to win a "move up" competition with one 5th round pick.

yebat' Putin
C
Legend
Legend
C
We have thirteen picks, we are going to get players. I wouldn't trade our second (Butch Davis), but I might trade the third, and would definitely trade the fourth.

Legend
Legend
If Richardson goes #3 to Tampa, my ideal scenario would be:

1 IND Luck
2 WAS (f/ STL) Griffin
3 TB (f/ MIN) Richardson
4 STL (f/ CLE) Kalil
5 MIN (f/ TB) Claiborne
6 CLE (f/ WAS via STL) Blackmon

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
i think for this too hapen, the browns would have to select Kalil- and then deal him. I'm not sure the rams would buy into us taking him, and they might be content to have blackmon or claiborne fall to them.

Would the browns drop to #10???? The bills want the left tackle as well.

The talk around MN today is the swap between Tampa and the Vikes... its got alot of people talking for what its worth.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trade with Buffalo.

Trade #4 for #10, #41 and a late round pick.

If the Minnesota/Tampa Bay trade happens, Buffalo might do this to move up ahead of Minnesota for Kalil.

Take Michael Floyd at 10.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Trade with Buffalo.

call me greedy, but i'd want more then that. Maybe a second rounder next year in addition to #41 and a 4th this year...

Last edited by bigf00t; 04/26/12 02:43 PM.
Legend
Legend
floyd could definitely go to JAX, MIA, or CAR in that scenario... too risky if you want one of the top 2 WRs. If you're OK with Dre Kirkpatrick or Cordy Glenn first, then you can do it, but I wouldn't count on Floyd being there.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Trade with Buffalo.

That's a bingo!

I don't know who we would take at ten (Gilmore, Floyd, Kuechly) but if the guy we really want is gone we should trade down and get the extra second round pick. Especially if the plan is to trade back into the first and get Weeden.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jim Brown not impressed with “ordinary” Trent Richardson
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 26, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
2012 NFL Honors - Arrivals Getty Images

If the Cleveland Browns select running back Trent Richardson tonight, the greatest Browns running back of them all will not be impressed.

Jim Brown said today on ESPN Radio that he doesn’t think Richardson is a great running back who’s going to make a great impact in Cleveland.

“I’m not overwhelmed with it,” Brown said of the idea that the Browns could take Richardson. “The problem is that he’s ordinary. I think he’s ordinary.”

Asked what about him is ordinary, Brown said, “the size, the speed, his moves.”

Asked if any running backs in this year’s draft impress him, Brown said, “Not really. It’s not a good year, obviously.”

Brown also said he wasn’t impressed with Mark Ingram, the Saints’ first-round draft pick last year, and he suggested that if Richardson couldn’t start ahead of Ingram when they both played at Alabama, that means Richardson can’t be better than Ingram.

The 76-year-old Brown, who was Cleveland’s first-round pick in the 1957 NFL draft, said he doesn’t see many impact running backs left in pro football.

“When I watch football today I see a game of quarterbacks,” Brown said. “Protecting quarterbacks, throwing the ball, short passes, long passes, all kinds of passes.”

And in a game of quarterbacks, Brown doesn’t see the point of drafting an ordinary running back. web page

Legend
Legend

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

If the Cleveland Browns select running back Trent Richardson tonight, the greatest Browns running back of them all will not be impressed.

Jim Brown said today on ESPN Radio that he doesn’t think Richardson is a great running back who’s going to make a great impact in Cleveland.

“I’m not overwhelmed with it,” Brown said of the idea that the Browns could take Richardson. “The problem is that he’s ordinary. I think he’s ordinary.”

Asked if any running backs in this year’s draft impress him, Brown said, “Not really. It’s not a good year, obviously.”

Brown also said he wasn’t impressed with Mark Ingram, the Saints’ first-round draft pick last year, and he suggested that if Richardson couldn’t start ahead of Ingram when they both played at Alabama, that means Richardson can’t be better than Ingram.

The 76-year-old Brown, who was Cleveland’s first-round pick in the 1957 NFL draft, said he doesn’t see many impact running backs left in pro football.

“When I watch football today I see a game of quarterbacks,” Brown said. “Protecting quarterbacks, throwing the ball, short passes, long passes, all kinds of passes.”

And in a game of quarterbacks, Brown doesn’t see the point of drafting an ordinary running back. web page

So we're drafting Richardson, right? Brown is, well, he's Jim Brown and I'll leave it at that.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Brown is nothing more than an old fuddy who's opinon has no merit.

Besides, I'm sure he really doesn't want Richardson to be around to break all his records.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
What does he know?

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Everyone is " ordinary " compared to Jim Brown.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

For once, I agree with Jim Brown.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We all know that Michael Jordan can pick em!

Honestly I kind of agree with him. I think he has elite moves but does not have elite speed.

I worry about taking a RB this high that I'm not sure can go the distance with regularity.

Btw...would you rather have SJAX and Blackmon or just Richardson?

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Brown was a great running back.

After that? He's not really been good at anything, has he?

He's basically been a petulant child since he quit football. His opinion matters not to me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Brown was a great running back.

After that? He's not really been good at anything, has he?

He's basically been a petulant child since he quit football. His opinion matters not to me.

He was good in this movie where he cleaned up the streets of some city with this other guy (who came back to his neighborhood).

He played a father who's son was murdered because of a basketball game. And man was he pissed

------------------------
But, do I value Jim Brown's football opinion, nope

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
N
Legend
Legend
N
Mars Attacks!

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
He was the BOMB in The Running Man, too. Got a little hot under the collar . . .

OK folks, I am OUT. Next time I post, we will have at least 1 new rookie addition to the cause . . .

Here we go, Brownies . . . !!!

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

OK folks, I am OUT. Next time I post, we will have at least 1 new rookie addition to the cause . . .

Here we go, Brownies . . . !!!

When I read this, I initially assumed it was CleveSteve saying his wife was going into labor

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I fully expect her to make fake labor jokes several times throughout the draft.

you will think she is joking

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Mars Attacks!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I fully expect her to make fake labor jokes several times throughout the draft.

Best wishes to you and your wife

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

My man gets it

[Linked Image]

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

I quit being a fan of Jim Brown years ago. Once he publicly backed Clarett then ditched him as fast as he could when he realized the case was a loser, well, his respect-o-meter dropped like it fell off a truck. He's been a bitter old guy before he was old enough to be a bitter old guy. He's almost at the point in his life where he's a comical figure, and that's sad.

Jim Brown is on an island with his opinion of Richardson. He's entitled to it, and I'm entitled to

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

My man gets it

What's next, is he going to tell Trent to GET OFF HIS LAWN?

Petty. Old. Man.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's amazing how unlikeable Brown has made himself.

Every time he's opens his mouth, I want to beat my head in to the wall (and I'm a Browns fan).

I can't imagine how little every other fan base cares about him as well.

Richardson is ordinary? Whatever you say Mr. Brown.

H
2nd String
2nd String
H
Quote:

It's amazing how unlikeable Brown has made himself.

I try hard not to talk bad about him for one reason: the work he has done with getting kids out of gangs. For that I really respect him. But really, after that, he's hard to listen to anymore.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
j/c

The only people who call Trent Richardson are the blind and the magnificently stupid. Jim Brown is old, so he could be going blind, but then again, he's been stupid much longer than he has been old.

Shut up Jim.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Answer this question about what Jim Brown's opinion really means, would you hire Jim Brown to be your GM?

There is your answer.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He's all about HIM!

I translate this roughly as, "I'd hate to have Richardson come in here and make fans forget about me".

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/c

The only people who call Trent Richardson are the blind and the magnificently stupid. Jim Brown is old, so he could be going blind, but then again, he's been stupid much longer than he has been old.

Shut up Jim.

C'mon

Jim Brown has no stake in this debate and he has no reason to say anything but what he truly feels.
It's his opinion, however unpopular that opinion is on this message board if his doesn't meet with your approval, then you can disagree, but he has nothing to gain or lose with this debate.

I do know this much about Jim Brown and that is he has very high standards for the RB position, but his opinion is no more idiotic then yours or mine.

LT was another back he wasn't so high on, but that had more to do with his style, then abilities.

He has offered praise of AP, so he does still offer the good and the bad in his opinions.

[Linked Image]

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Answer this question about what Jim Brown's opinion really means, would you hire Jim Brown to be your GM?

There is your answer.

Scary to think how badly he had wanted to continue to be an "advisor" to Lerner and the Browns.

His rich history as a player is a boon to the organization. Most of his words and actions ever since have been a horrific embarrassment.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Wow we just traded into pick 3 by giving up a 3rd. Welcome to the Browns Trent.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
I cannot help but grin at the timing of all this: Jim Brown pipes up saying that Trent Richardson isn't special, followed virtually immediately by the Browns trading up to take...Trent Richardson.

On a very juvenile, petty level, this great irony was as satisfying as anything I've experienced as a Browns fan in the last decade.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc...

When I pointed out this morning that if the Browns wanted Trent Richardson, they had to give something up to get him because Tampa Bay was looking to move up and had a chance of getting Richardson fairly cheap, if we were not bidding too, I was hoping it would not be too expensive.

We did not spend our top picks in the 2nd 3rd or 4th round to complete the deal so I would say we got off as cheap as we could have.

WELCOME TO CLEVELAND, Mr RICHARDSON

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Trent Richardson's the right pick at #4

Link Copied to Clipboard