Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Seeing the other "favorite" thread got me thinking. My best friend and I have had a contest going for about the last 10 years or so. We each try to find a movie that the other person can't sit through because the movie is so awful.

The problem is, so many movies are SO awful, they're actually funny. Anyone who's ever seen "Copper Mountain" with Jim Carrey and Alan Thicke knows exactly what I'm talking about.

So far, there hasn't been a movie that one of us hasn't been able to sit through. I was very closed with "Three to Tango" with Neve Campbell, "Center Stage" (a movie about ballet), and "Margot at the Wedding" with Nicole Kidman. But, I just hunkered down and made it through.

Any movies out there that you just absolutely can't sit through?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
J
Legend
Legend
J
Almost anything with Kevin Costner. Waterworld especially.

All Pro
All Pro
or Dane Cook.GOD how I hate that guy

"Its too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
titanic.

long, long movie and i already know what happens. why watch it?

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Anything by Quentin Tarantino. Absolute trash.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

titanic.

Titanic was exactly the movie I thought of when I read the thread title. Never seen it. Never will.

The last movie I actually turned off part way through and didn't feel compelled to go back and finish, Captain America. I just felt no connection to any of the characters/actors.

[Linked Image]
F
Legend
Legend
F
Maybe I'm wrong but I took his idea as, you paid your $10, and now your sitting there. Will you finish watching or will you get up and walk out.

For me it was "The Lovely Bones" it was such an odd movie that seemed to have no point, I walked out about 1hr into it.

Then I gotta say "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" was extremely weird as well, but it had an odd draw that I just wanted to see if there was a point to it all. In the end there wasn't, I should have walked out.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
also, someone had recommended "the iron giant" to me a while back. i rented it, watched about 35 minutes, and turned it off. didnt really interest me in the least, and i love kids movies

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yeah, that's probably the best way to put it. What movie would be worth me throwing away $10 and walking out?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Quote:

If pointless, gratuitously violent and boring films are your thing, have at it.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Legend
Legend
Doctor Bloods Coffin, Dumbest horror flick on the planet..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054823/

Attack of the Killer Tomatos... Need I say more

Marley and me. Great flick,, would love to watch it again, but I can't. many of you remember I lost my little dog about three years ago in June.. whenever I see that movie, it reminds me of that and frankly, I can't take it.. too damn emotional..

I wonder now that I have my new little guy going on two years,, could I watch it? Might have to try.. it really was a funny movie..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
All Pro
All Pro
I was close on "The Green Hornet"

D
Legend
Legend
D
It's A Wonderful Life ... Jimmy Stewart sets the bar for over-acting for generations of actors to come.

Rookie
Rookie
Melancholia

Legend
Legend
Carrie 2
Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter
The Godfather 3
The Matrix: Reloaded
(bad enough that I never watched the third)
Most films by Federico Fellini
Gran Torino
Cannibal: The Musical

Last edited by CleveSteve; 05/24/12 04:42 PM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Probably, today it would be the Godfather, or any sequel of it.
Once I saw it one time, I don't have any interest in wasting my time going through that kind of story again.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I tried to watch, THREE times each, Baz Whatisname's 'Moulin Rouge' and 'Australia.' They are both critically acclamed and very visually striking but man oh MAN does he direct the people to act like doofuses on too many meds. Just . . . so . . . annoying . . .

I also walked out of Ghost Rider 2 in the theater.

I can't really think of anything else. I've seen plenty of stinkers, some of which are listed in this thread, but not that many that I had to quit watching.

P.S. - People are listing some of my FAVORITES up there too.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Almost anything with Kevin Costner. Waterworld especially.

Even 'The Untouchables'?

Rookie
Rookie
I can't stand to watch any chick flicks..... sooooo annoying

"Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction." - Bob Marley
T
Legend
Legend
T
You should look for a movie called " In Broad Daylight " then, it is not a chick flick but you can claim it is. It is a really compelling film too, based on a true story. They say.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Funny People

they lied to me. it wasn't funny, the people weren't funny, and the plot was not funny.

terribad

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I can't sit through a lot of movies.......

Mainly the one's where one of these things happens:

Superhero saves the day....but then something happens so that he can't save the day...but because he is so clever, he finds another way to save the day.

Dude is totally diggin this chick, and she is totally into him...but then something happens and she doesn't really dig him anymore.....but then he finds some way to get her digging again...and so she digs him again (but she was probably a skank the whole time.).

Action hero guy is an ex-cop, his wife left him, and all the chips are down...and he keeps screwing up...but this time---he knows that these are terrorists and he is on to something big...all he needs is one more chance to save the city, get his wife back, and reconnect with his daughter.....this is his last chance....to be a hero.

Any movie that follows that same hero/boyfriend/average joe----action sequence---some unforeseen circumstance----trouble...happy pretty resolution.

Yea. that stuff is stupid and leads me to question my very existence.

I stopped watching looney tunes at a young age because coyote never caught road runner---it seriously ruined my childhood. That and Jerry constantly getting away from Tom.....so aggravating.....just fry that freaking mouse already....kill it and leave it dead on your owners doorstep for god sakes......

Yea.....I don't like a lot of movies...

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
R
Legend
Legend
R
Valentine's Day (I'd rather rip my fingernails off; I'm really not aware of a worse movie)
The Lovely Bones
What Dreams May Come
Natural Born Killers
Harry Potter
Any Comic Book Movie

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

Any movies out there that you just absolutely can't sit through?

Nearly every film starring Adam Sandler from the last decade.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You don't like Gran Torino??????

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
That was my reaction too, but hey, too each their own.

Legend
Legend
I never finished watching Gran Torino. I got bored about 1/2 way through and gave up. It just didn't seem to be going anywhere.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Legend
Legend
N
since I only go to a few movies, I am generally pretty amped about seeing things and have them pretty well vetted before I go.

the only movie that made me get up and leave was Ang Lee's Hulk.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I find some the majority like, unwatchable. Crappy movies IMO.

Anything Star Wars, Star Trek,Lord of the Rings, or Transformers sucks.

I did sit through the first of each, but was sleeping 30 minutes in...Transformers was especially irritating as it would wake me up...it was like sitting in a closet with three 5 year olds who have wooden spoons and pots and pans as drums.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I never finished watching Gran Torino. I got bored about 1/2 way through and gave up. It just didn't seem to be going anywhere.

It may not be one of the best movies ever, but it was up there. Great flick...has .one of the best scenes in movie history ...when he gets out of his truck to confront 3 street punks. You can youtube it....it would probably get flagged here as some of the language is "french".

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Saw a movie on the other day that starred Nicholson and sounded interesting called "The Crossing Guard".

I made it through the movie even though it was complete trash. Jack did a great job and that's probably why I made it to the end but the story and direction was awful.

Legend
Legend
Dumb and Dumber
Anything with Steven Segal
Most remakes or movies with a 2 after a familiar title
The Brothers Grimm
Anything on Lifetime.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I absolutely despise any type of superhero movie (Spiderman, Captain America, etc)

I also hate Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Transformers, etc.

Anything that is overly unbelievable I find to be overly boring. I'm a sucker for a good motivational movie (sports drama), a historically based movie, sci-fi (aliens or world ending plots), and especially comedies.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

I absolutely despise any type of superhero movie (Spiderman, Captain America, etc)

Nerdism

This
Quote:

Anything that is overly unbelievable I find to be overly boring

. I'm a sucker for a good motivational movie (sports drama), a historically based movie, sci-fi (aliens or world ending plots), and especially comedies.

Legend
Legend
haha you don't find aliens to be plausible?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Saw a movie on the other day that starred Nicholson and sounded interesting called "The Crossing Guard".

I made it through the movie even though it was complete trash. Jack did a great job and that's probably why I made it to the end but the story and direction was awful.

It was directed by Sean Penn. Thought it was pretty dull as well.

And you guys can count me in on not being crazy about Gran Torino. Wonderful story. Great climax. Clint is always the man. But I have NEVER been so distracted by bad acting as I was w/ the 2 asian kid leads. Just awful . . .

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

Steel Magnolias
The Notebook

My wife can watch these all the time, and I can't freaking stand to be in the room!

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Legend
Legend
Quote:

titanic.

I guess I'm in the minority, Titanic is one of my favorite movies.

I don't understand the "I know what happens" argument for not watching. I can list movie after movie where I knew the ending and watched anyway....doesn't get in the way of enjoying the movie.

As for the topic, anything with Nicolas Cage, the Harry Potter series, the Twilight series (though Kristen Stewart is haut) and every Adam Sandler movie after Happy Gilmore.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I couldn't finish No Country for Old Men or Blade Runner.

I got insanely bored with Blade Runner and couldn't deal with the drab setting, melodramatic lines, and the overall gloom of the film. I do enjoy dramas but this lost me quick.

I tried really hard to like No Country for Old Men. It lost me about halfway through and I had to turn it off. At least There Will Be Blood had an awesome protagonist in Daniel Day Lewis. No Country for Old Men didn't have that, unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Movies that you can't sit through...

Link Copied to Clipboard