Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Summer is my least favorite season.

Fall > Spring > Winter > Summer

Ditto. I can put on enough clothing to be comfortable in the winter. I could strip down naked and still hate life in this heat.

If I had to be positive I'd have to say I'm glad I live in Ohio again and not in the deep south like I did from 78 to 89. Awful . . .

Legend
Legend
Yeah ..... but there are a lot of ladies who never offend, no matter how much they remove. (and I try to ignore and purge from my memory those who should cover up, but don't)

To have scantily clad, sexy, beautiful women wandering around, I'll live with some personal discomfort.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
How many scantily clad, sexy, beautiful women are wandering around Youngstown?

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Can't really speak for downtown Youngstown and I guess we all have our own definitions of scantily clad - but tons of beautiful and sexy women are around Howland, Niles, Canfield, Poland, Boardman etc.

I could live comfortably with 80-85 degrees, but as Ytown noted, the scenery improves the higher the temp gets. This beats the dead of winter.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Legend
Legend
Quote:

How many scantily clad, sexy, beautiful women are wandering around Youngstown?

Maybe not downtown, (although it wouldn't surprise me since there are quite a few clubs, restaurants, and bars there now) but I just dropped my mom off at work (Wal-Mart) and there were no less than 50-60 really good looking women wearing shorts and a little t-shirt ........ or less ....... walking in and out of the store while I was there.

Then throw in all of the assorted car washes and such ...... and there's quite a few rather hot women wandering around the area wearing very little.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I am picturing you (well, someone, because I don't know what you look like) behind the wheel of your car saying "shh...not now, mom!" while gawking at the scenery.

Me, I like the view afforded by a nice pair of slim jeans, or a dress. Doesn't need to be 90+ degrees out for that.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Drunk on you - Luke Bryan.

Describes me and my wife. Well - my wife I guess. She's awesome. And boys - she can wear the daisy dukes better than daisy ever did.

A
Legend
Legend
A
But, as to what you guys are saying................

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Drunk on you - Luke Bryan.

Describes me and my wife. Well - my wife I guess. She's awesome. And boys - she can wear the daisy dukes better than daisy ever did.

Seeing him in concert next month (Opening for Jason Aldean)

Irrelevant to this thread, but thought I'd share.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Phew, 8:51 pm and the heat index is finally under 100 . . .

B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Quote:

I love summer too, but I haven't had power at my home for 8 days now, thanks to that storm that blew through two Fridays ago. To add to that, it has been consistently 95 to 103 degrees every day, and this is starting to get reeeeeal old.

I feel for you dawg. I believe I would have been in a hotel after the 2nd day.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
R
We, supposedly, finally have a crew coming to our road today. I haven't even seen an electric truck within 5 miles of our house for the past 9 days. Oh, the joys of getting your electricity from a rural co-op.

Legend
Legend

R
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
R
Well, after 8 days, 23 hours, and 40 minutes of no power, we finally have electricity again!

Here's to being able to take a hot shower and being able to make food!

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Well, after 8 days, 23 hours, and 40 minutes of no power, we finally have electricity again!

Here's to being able to take a hot shower and being able to make food!

Did you lose everything in your fridge and freezer/s?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Welcome back to civilization.

R
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
R
Most everything. We probably threw out 100 pounds of stuff. A little bit was transferred to a friend's freezer, and a little bit to my mom's fridge. Off to the store to restock tomorrow!

A
Legend
Legend
A
Ah - that stinks. In more ways than one.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It kills me that people keep calling today "comfortable". It's still going to be 86-87 degrees. Sure, it's not 104, but it's still hot and it's still not comfortable, imo. Get it down to 73 and we can call it comfortable.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

We, supposedly, finally have a crew coming to our road today. I haven't even seen an electric truck within 5 miles of our house for the past 9 days. Oh, the joys of getting your electricity from a rural co-op.

That sucks, I remember after Hurricane Charlie our power was out for a couple weeks, and the trucks were all over our area, so we kept hoping, then the let down of coming home from work to find no power.

In fact, for some reason our development is on 2 different grids, so people 5 houses up the road had power 4 days before we did.

You don't realize how much you rely on electricity until it's gone for an extended period, and houses are built to take advantage of natural airflow for cooling anymore.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

but summer also brings far sexier (and less) clothing on the ladies.

That's a great point.

What wins out? windows-open-type-weather and football, OR, women barely clothed?

I have a girlfriend, so the season with football wins, haha.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It kills me that people keep calling today "comfortable". It's still going to be 86-87 degrees. Sure, it's not 104, but it's still hot and it's still not comfortable, imo. Get it down to 73 and we can call it comfortable.

AMEN

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

87 is very comfortable... heck 95 is comfortable unless the humidity is real high.. maybe not comfortable to sleep in without AC but as far as being out and about... 90 is fine.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's a very comfortable 111 here

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It's a very comfortable 111 here

The average temperature in July in Vegas is 106.. you are within the normal range.. You are the one that decided the desert would be a nice place to live..... quitcherbitchin.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

87 is very comfortable... heck 95 is comfortable unless the humidity is real high.. maybe not comfortable to sleep in without AC but as far as being out and about... 90 is fine.

Sure it's fine if you like feeling like a Thanksgiving Turkey being roasted.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Sure it's fine if you like feeling like a Thanksgiving Turkey being roasted.

I've lived farther north and in the mountains and I have decided that I'd rather feel like a turkey in the oven in the summer than a turkey in the freezer in the winter. To each his own.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Well at least we can agree that we are both Turkeys

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yuck, at the pool with a high of 100 for today, one would think 5,000 ft of elevation would provide a little reprieve from the heat.

Looks like we are trending towards the higher end of the IPCC (international panel on climate change) projections. Temp and precip records being broken left and right. Not a good outlook for the coming years

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
lol i thought hot weather would bring out the hot women in cool bikini's by the pool

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
I don't buy all that stuff. Those records were set decades ago. How did it get that hot then?? Large portions of the corn crop are withering...but that has happened before.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Had the boys over at Mount Union camp Mon-Thur.
3 practices a day,no AC in the dorms.It was difficult,but once you accept the facts that it is hot and nothing can be done about it,then it isn't so bad,and you move on.
As to your point,there must have been a mini global warming decades ago.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
And we overproduce corn as it is; so that isn't necessarily the end of the world.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yuck, at the pool with a high of 100 for today, one would think 5,000 ft of elevation would provide a little reprieve from the heat.

Looks like we are trending towards the higher end of the IPCC (international panel on climate change) projections. Temp and precip records being broken left and right. Not a good outlook for the coming years

Actually, let me answer this with one word.

Bull.

The sun is in its highest phase of solar storms. They hit about once every 10-13 years. They generally kick up temperatures.

I remember a summer back in '87 IIRC, when it was hotter than hell every day. I did roofing that summer, which goes to show about how smart I was then. That was another height of a solar flare storm cycle.

Unless "global warming" is causing solar flares ...... then I don't see the connection.

These storms are expected to last through part of next summer, and then we'll go back to normal.

The sun has a much, much bigger impact on the temperature of the Earth than anything man does.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

Quote:

Actually, let me answer this with one word.

Bull.

The sun is in its highest phase of solar storms. They hit about once every 10-13 years. They generally kick up temperatures.

I remember a summer back in '87 IIRC, when it was hotter than hell every day. I did roofing that summer, which goes to show about how smart I was then. That was another height of a solar flare storm cycle.

Unless "global warming" is causing solar flares ...... then I don't see the connection.

These storms are expected to last through part of next summer, and then we'll go back to normal.

The sun has a much, much bigger impact on the temperature of the Earth than anything man does.

You knwo the good thing about that, is that when they end we will think it's cooling, then we can all prepare for the coming ice-age.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

And we overproduce corn as it is; so that isn't necessarily the end of the world.

Food Prices were gonna go up no matter what the weather was, too hot, too cold, too much rain....it didnt matter.

Legend
Legend
At one station locally today it showed to be 114.5 today. Most were showing 112 to 113. Anytime you have two one's as the first two digits of your temperature, I'm not sure the third digit means a whole lot other than it's freakin' hot!

Canada is beginning to sound like a place I might like to move to.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
http://www.weather.com/news/noaa-report-july-20120808

NOAA: July 2012 was the Hottest Month on Record

Chris Dolce Updated: Aug 8, 2012, 0:42 PM EDT weather.com

In more than 117 years of records, July 2012 stands alone as not only the hottest July on record in the lower 48 United States, but also the hottest of any month on record in that time span. To put it another way, July 2012 was the hottest of more than 1,400 months that we've gone through since 1895.

(MORE: Several cities record warmest month)

“Exceeding July 1936 at the peak of the Dust Bowl heat -- is BIG”
Stu Ostro, Senior Meteorologist at The Weather Channel
The report released by the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) on Wednesday says that July 2012 surpassed the previous record hottest month set in July 1936. That year was during the middle of the very dry and hot Dust Bowl era. Senior Meteorologist Stu Ostro (Twitter) says, "Exceeding July 1936 at the peak of the Dust Bowl heat -- is BIG."

July 2012 was 3.3 degrees above the 20th century average. Ostro puts this in perspective, "While three degrees might not seem like much because temperatures can vary a lot more than that from day to day, it’s significant when averaged over a whole month, and particularly so in the summer when temperatures typically have less variation than at other times of year.”

NOAA
July 2012 Temperature Rankings: A number of 118 represents the warmest July on record and a number 1 would indicate the coolest July on record.

NOAA says that warmer-than-average temperatures engulfed much of the nation in July, with largest departures from average in the Plains, Midwest and along the East Coast.

A total of 32 states had a top ten warmest July. Among those, Virginia recorded its hottest July on record and seven more states recorded their second hottest July (North Carolina, Kentucky, Delaware, Illinois, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming).

(MORE: Heat kills fish in Midwest)

Only Washington, California, Arizona and Louisiana had temperatures that were near average in July. Outside the lower 48 states, Alaska recorded its eighteenth coolest July.

Warmest Start to the Year Continues

Month Ranking Since 1895
January 4th warmest
February 17th warmest
March Record warmest
April 3rd warmest
May 2nd warmest
June 14th warmest
July Record warmest
With the addition of July, the warmest start to a year on record continues in the lower 48 states. NOAA says that most states have seen a record or near-record warm start to the year, except the Pacific Northwest.

So far this year, a total of five months have been a top four warmest for that respective month. March and July lead the pack as the warmest of their respective months.

In addition to the warmest start to the year on record, the last 12 months dating back to August 2011 have been the hottest on record.

Legend
Legend
W00T!!

Let's beat it in August!!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
No thank you....I'll pulling for a colder than average August. I've sweat more on my motorcycle in the past month than I have the past three years. Ugh, I might need to get a new seat.

Shouldn't we start hearing from the global warming people that July is a sign that impending doom is coming?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Is it hot, or what??

Link Copied to Clipboard