Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Legend
Legend
C
Smelley made it to the practice squad, didn't see that anywhere else. Here is the full practice squad:

Quote:

The Browns also formed their eight-man practice squad by signing the following players to it: linebackers Solomon Elimimian and Benjamin Jacobs, defensive tackle Ronnie Cameron, center Garth Gerhard, guard Jarrod Shaw, offensive tackle Jeff Shugarts, wide receiver Josh Cooper and fullback Brad Smelley, a seventh-round pick in this year’s draft.

Link

cfrs15 #717578 09/02/12 01:17 AM
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Glad to see Cooper n Shugarts on that list.

Rambo #717579 09/02/12 03:33 AM
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000057553/article/seahawks-release-veteran-te-kellen-winslow

Kellen Winslow released by Seattle Seahawks

By Marc Sessler

The Seattle Seahawks have released veteran tight end Kellen Winslow, NFL Network and NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Saturday.

Winslow was part of a wave of veteran pass-catchers brought in during the offseason by Seahawks coach Pete Carroll. The seven-year veteran was listed behind veteran Zach Miller and battling for time with Anthony McCoy. McCoy, especially, showed chemistry with rookie quarterback Russell Wilson, named the starter for the team's season opener against the Arizona Cardinals.

Danny O'Neil of The Seattle Times reported Winslow might have refused a proposed paycut from the team, but the Seahawks couldn't have been thrilled with his limited production in the preseason. His three catches for 34 yards were a far cry from the players we've seen in years past. Multiple operations to Winslow's battle-worn knees put his future in jeopardy.

Winslow failed to win over Greg Schiano and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this offseason after three productive years in Florida that included 218 receptions for 2,377 yards and 12 touchdowns. Those numbers are close to what Winslow did in four seasons with the Cleveland Browns, where he hauled in 219 passes for 2,459 yards and 11 scores.

There were times in Cleveland when Winslow alone helped the Browns create matchup problems for defenses, but he's not that player today. We wouldn't be surprised to see a team thin at tight end take a chance on Winslow, but Seattle has seen enough.

Tell me "Multiple operations to Winslow's battle-worn knees put his future in jeopardy." isn't just a writer's play on his I'm a Warrior tirade. Great play! Just happens to be Winslow not playing.

[Linked Image from thumb0.webshots.net]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Tell me "Multiple operations to Winslow's battle-worn knees put his future in jeopardy." isn't just a writer's play on his I'm a Warrior tirade. Great play! Just happens to be Winslow not playing.

In this case

You can't fix stupid.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

cfrs15 #717581 09/02/12 11:36 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Smelley made it to the practice squad, didn't see that anywhere else. Here is the full practice squad:

Quote:

The Browns also formed their eight-man practice squad by signing the following players to it: linebackers Solomon Elimimian and Benjamin Jacobs, defensive tackle Ronnie Cameron, center Garth Gerhard, guard Jarrod Shaw, offensive tackle Jeff Shugarts, wide receiver Josh Cooper and fullback Brad Smelley, a seventh-round pick in this year’s draft.

Link

No Adonis Thomas... Hm. Haven't seen him land anywhere yet either. ????

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Check the Canadian rosters.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
One interesting cut I hadn't noticed before... UDFA Austin Davis (who I liked, but only enough to make him my #128th player on Browns Big Board) is the Rams only backup QB on the roster. They had Kellen Clemens in camp, but cut him in favor of Davis.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Camp Cuts Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard