Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#722461 09/17/12 12:54 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Some interesting stuff in here.

Sheldon Brown didn't play because they "decided to play Buster".

He was obviously ticked off at the officials, but didn't want to get fined.

Whoever transcribed this did an awful job. lol It almost looks like spell check gone awry. Man ..... this is the official transcript from the Browns, and it absolutely sucks, and is almost unreadable.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-cen...9451#transcript

Injuries Alex Smith has a concussion. Billy -- left the game with a concussion as well and then Juqua Parker. -- foot sprain so we don't know the extent of any of those injuries at this point. I think those are reported to -- upstairs it was just take it from there. I think. When I look at this game once again. The Browns played extremely hard I mean I think that's fair to say. Proud of our proud of my guys I thought did an element Joba plain and hard now we gave up some big place that. In the end probably what was the difference because there's places -- made them both sides now. You know I thought. Somehow you know I think the penalty things. Crept up. You know won't talk about it in detail. Up. And then. You know in one turnover we had the fumble you know fortunately in that situation there we got the ball back in in game points office. And so we recovered from that and we actually did a score seven points off of -- herself. There was some things that were good. But again I think you got a temper your comments. What's good when you lose that lose a game. Especially hard -- division game on the road so.

With that I'll take your questions. -- You know we -- buster in there that's that's -- He's Sheldon. So it was time we we we played buster. -- Yeah I thought Brandon did some things better and as a coach looking at a there was still some areas where can improve on. But he's learned some things about how -- can help you you know short.

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice. So he's learned some things. And I think he made some progress today. It's as a quarterback in the NFL. You know I think. But we still into enough to win and so I think that's -- stuff there. My choice my choice. Because I thought part of the ball there was a right thing. I'm not Marvin Lewis and it works for him and us punting the ball works for us. Fair enough I -- we can go through what's the effect let's take up the play by play and let's all just go through reached decision I'd be happy to do that. You know we I think I think I counted it on a replay. Give or take one or two I think we had six missed tackles. Right and they see anything different. That's just what I saw on the field so. Nothing wrong with this game that the role of the park we just got to get the guy on the ground. And as a you know as we know those are when those things when those things tip over. You look back on the game and and it's easy to go back and say okay that was the difference but there was a lot of football we played after that let's make no mistake. A lot of football. Just like when -- fumbled the football we've found a way to not make it hurt. And I think that's that's an important thing. Lot better than last week for sure. Would you guys all agree. I think he he's a competitive guy. And you can see now he played the whole game and you notice I kept will be up Chris Tillman on third downs. I think he caught seven balls. Got good hands is good protection that's what kept tomorrow and I think you he had. He had an impact on the games one. It.

Yeah it's easy to point to you know but -- a -- that I had an ankle injury. You know that's you know that's. In only use that as an excuse you know you know but sure sure not with him that. Yeah yeah I mean you want you guys there you know I think that's fairness but when they're not then of course. The guys that play behind them have to do the job. Yeah he battled he battled against a very fine receiver at times. You know and I think it's safe to say today Jay's gonna -- place it's fitness meaning that they've got some very talented skill players it. Let's give them a little credit now they did a good job. They created some big place you know we had and you don't sacked and he throws one over the middle. And it turned into a big play you know so. You know those of the things that happened you just have to find a way whether you're young team a medium aged team -- an -- team you got to find a way to overcome. Just keep plan to might tutored players credit they did a good job of hit the ball back. And I knew we needed two scores so we needed to make a play to score one where the other and and we needed. To get the onside kick to be in position to score again so. That's why it took two points there which was I think the right thing. I thought he bobbled. -- Well I think in that point to you have to. You know at that point you have to challenge that -- that's a game that's a significant game situation. Because if if if it goes our way. And use that we saw told us -- you know probably in the foot out of bounds and all that business. You have to. Because it's there and it's fourth down upon embargo one timeout left and run in this two minute warning. Now. I'll watch it tomorrow. Yeah yeah I think he he had another. Another good game I think -- three sacks as well so you know please. You know he's at -- he's as advertised. You know you've -- hear me talk about him for eighteen months now. -- even -- for the first six. You know and so. He's a great leader. He's inspiring player. And he's fine way to be productive that's credit to him. And and I guess I wasn't concerned. Because we I believe in our process of you get Emery to play and I've seen really good quarterbacks have bad games. And all stages of their career and I've -- guys bounce back. And I watched the way he prepared this week I think you really learn a lot last week about. And I wouldn't say it's all preparation but how this thing works. This thing. Getting ready to play game and I think you have to go through it. Now you know some of these guys goes through amassing and prepare well. But I do think you prepared better this week and I think that's something for him to build.

You know there's some of these guys are playing college ball. And let's face it some of these big time programs. You know they can -- to get off the bus and went six games. You know as we know everything in this league is challenged. From receivers to -- running back. Every word I'd say right every question you meant everything in this league east challenge and that's just the way it works and I think. I think there's there's a way to prepare that these guys have to learn just have to learn. That's fair that's fair. And so you try to give him as much work as you can and you put him out there you know and then. No panic no anxiety school play. And I think that's a proud of these guys I mean they fight they fight their Fanny off and some of these guys heck of someone going to shape yet. You know I mean they're. There's some very young faces out there and they fight and they play. And I want them to have the that success of that winning brings which I think there's many gamers and. As well. We're assigning blame here. -- it more and that was a joke. It's my -- died and I think what happened there is it's very dangerous situation when your play in the zone. We are in pretty much his -- And we got great pressure on Dalton and he's out of pocket and then. And then there's rules about -- guys scramble where they go -- OK right now. Attack the quarterback -- in my zone and he did a good job fine and again his own. And then what we need to do is tackle. You know ground -- made plays they got a little -- the year which -- on the ground and I think that's important. Coaching point there because sometimes that happens we made a couple plays scrambled around. Then you don't wanna make a bad situation worse by then missing tackles. Yeah I mean we both have pretty good production. And you know -- There's a couple plays that didn't recognize it and being good place. You know because look -- look like you know and -- I'm talking abreast of -- I didn't recognize that played a good -- you know I mean there's guys just. You know they find a way. Have is. Hope. The big thing I told them was. The difference between an average good and great is their habits. And I think there's they've developed some good habits and they got to continue to keep going that direction. And if we keep our habits couldn't -- parent. There were going to be there soon and an -- and I think that's important thing. Because it's all about the process this game's over now we're already into our process. You know. Forcing in a National Anthem I told one and again I told the one of the players next to me I mean -- and working and he never gets old. Really it doesn't that's what we all point -- now -- game days over. The process is where we gonna get back into it. We just do and that's why we circled the wagons. Unfortunately although you guys write beautiful stuff we don't read it we know listen to it. We just fortunate. And I think that's the message for them.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

You know ground -- made plays they got a little -- the year which -- on the ground and I think that's important. Coaching point there because sometimes that happens we made a couple plays scrambled around. Then you don't wanna make a bad situation worse by then missing tackles. Yeah I mean we both have pretty good production. And you know -- There's a couple plays that didn't recognize it and being good place. You know because look -- look like you know and -- I'm talking abreast of -- I didn't recognize that played a good -- you know I mean there's guys just. You know they find a way. Have is. Hope. The big thing I told them was. The difference between an average good and great is their habits. And I think there's they've developed some good habits and they got to continue to keep going that direction. And if we keep our habits couldn't -- parent. There were going to be there soon and an -- and I think that's important thing. Because it's all about the process this game's over now we're already into our process. You know. Forcing in a National Anthem I told one and again I told the one of the players next to me I mean -- and working and he never gets old. Really it doesn't that's what we all point -- now -- game days over. The process is where we gonna get back into it. We just do and that's why we circled the wagons. Unfortunately although you guys write beautiful stuff we don't read it we know listen to it. We just fortunate. And I think that's the message for them.

Was the person who was transcribing this in mid stroke?

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.

Like I said, whoever transcribed this for the Browns sucked at doing so.

The video is at the link too though.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Whoever transcribed this....

I think it was Bard.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Whoever transcribed this....

I think it was Bard.

LMAO, thank you for that laugh. It's been a long night and I am here until 7am and that cheered me up!

On another note, I like how Shurmur talks down to the reporters when they ask stupid question

King

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Lol . I see the transcripts are done by voice reconition processing.. Never accurate..

" Please note, transcript text is auto-generated and unless noted, is not to be considered accurate or official. "

Shurmur's presser

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Legend
Legend
Oh, the HUMANATEE, Jfannniet!

That was offensive. That was unreadable. Had me itching to go dig up the red pen. IF that is accurate, well I should be looking for that job. Thanks, it will heal up.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We figured you would be the only one to understand it.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not going to lie...I laughed uncontrollably after reading this.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

You know that's you know that's. In only use that as an excuse you know you know but sure sure not with him that.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Can't they find some intern to transcribe these press conferences?

Maybe next week Mary Kay should ask the Browns how is babby formed?

F
All Pro
All Pro
F
Too difficult to read. I stopped reading after the first paragraph and thought I would just listen to the presser instead.

And the next head coach is ......
S
Legend
Legend
S
I liked coach's attitude after the game. Basically he's not getting excited over losing even when the offense plays well.

Nobody at that building should be happy.

All Pro
All Pro
It reads like a Hunter S. Thompson interview. Why did they even bother releasing such a moronic thing?

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I only posted the print version for true comedic effect.

Or as the transcribed version of my statement might read ............

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz.

Legend
Legend
I liked the way Shurmur controlled that presser. He didn't put up with stupid, baiting questions, and kept it flowing in the direction he wanted. He doesn't have a commanding presence, but it sure looks like he can get his message across. The video is much better than the transcript.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I actually like Shurmur a lot more this year than I did last year.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz.

#gmstrong
Rookie
Rookie
Quote:

LOL, I think your transcribed statement was completely legible. I have had many run ins with those titans.

[color:"red"] [b]"and then depression set in..."[/color]
[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
j/c

This was found on the OFFICIAL site????

Oh

My

Dear

Lord.

Mark it here, Dawgs:
For once, words fail me.
Entirely.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Changed your meds did you ?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

j/c

This was found on the OFFICIAL site????

Oh

My

Dear

Lord.

Mark it here, Dawgs:
For once, words fail me.
Entirely.

There's only one thing I can say about this transcript:

bloooooort

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Changed your meds did you ?

Nah, I just think that he is in better control of the team this year. Obviously he has work to do, but I think that he's on the right path.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hope so..." Y"

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Proud of our proud of my guys I thought did an element Joba plain and hard now we gave up some big place that.

Quote:

You know won't talk about it in detail. Up. And then.

Quote:

Yeah it's easy to point to you know but -- a -- that I had an ankle injury.

A
All Pro
All Pro
A
This is the best thread of the year...

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

It reads like a Hunter S. Thompson interview. Why did they even bother releasing such a moronic thing?

LOL, good call. Hunters back from the dead.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it."- Thomas Jefferson on Freedom of Speech
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
These are some of my favorites from the transcript:

"You know we -- buster in there that's that's -- He's Sheldon. So it was time we we we played buster." (Buster is Sheldon?)

"And as a you know as we know those are when those things when those things tip over." (yep ... when things tip over ....)

"Just keep plan to might tutored players credit they did a good job of hit the ball back." (we should teach our guys that hitting the ball back doesn't make them better people than the ball is for hitting them first)

"No panic no anxiety school play." (a school play?)

"It's my -- died and I think what happened there is it's very dangerous situation when your play in the zone." (Yikes, we [played zone and someone died?)

"And if we keep our habits couldn't -- parent." (that's what I've always been told .... I think)

"Forcing in a National Anthem I told one and again I told the one of the players next to me I mean -- and working and he never gets old." (Umm ..... yeah)

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Because we I believe in our process of you get Emery to play and I've seen really good quarterbacks have bad games.

We've all been saying for quite some time that we need to get Emery to play.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Because we I believe in our process of you get Emery to play and I've seen really good quarterbacks have bad games.

We've all been saying for quite some time that we need to get Emery to play.

If Emery can't help then I don't know who can.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

And then there's rules about -- guys scramble where they go -- OK right now.

Transcript written by the same Chinese slave laborer who writes the directions for cabinet assembly.

"Put slot A in part B for happy fun times with joy!"

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

And then there's rules about -- guys scramble where they go -- OK right now.

Transcript written by the same Chinese slave laborer who writes the directions for cabinet assembly.

"Put slot A in part B for happy fun times with joy!"

Oh that Joy .... what a vixen.

Legend
Legend
Well that's the last time I transcribe anything for the Browns after a case of beer and a hit of acid.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

In only use that as an excuse you know you know but sure sure not with him that.

I really think this applies to our team every week. I mean, yeah, it's an excuse, but certainly not with him that.

Legend
Legend
^bump^

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Man, I forgot about this thread.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
"Gameday never gets old. and you know why it doesn't get old? because when uh when you play like you did today, you get to experience the feeling of victory. That's why it never gets old."

http://www.youtube.com/v/nf2nrX3H9nI

I really shouldn't knock the guy for a post-game victory speech. It's not like he got a lot of practice.

Legend
Legend
I demand that people read this thread again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives DawgTalkers Archives Shurmur's Post Game Presser

Link Copied to Clipboard