Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Yes, as Impact he did.

I'm letting you all know so people aren't wasting their time arguing with a troll fan from another team disguising himself as a Browns fan.

Did he get banned?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

It's kinda funny that Brady and Belichick have not won anything since they have become this well-oiled scoring machine.

When they had that great defense, and kept things close to the vest, they were winning championships. Now they don't have the closers on defense.

Brady is a legendary player, but guys like Willie McGinest, Mike Vrabel, Bruschi, Seymour were all pretty important, and they've never really been replaced. They have some nice players, but you never have faith that their current guys can close it out.

Still pretty impressive what they can do year in and year out,

The NFL is set up for parity. Players and coaches on playoff/SB teams tend to be highly sought after, which makes it hard to keep a staff together and stay under the cap. As well, the quality of prospects that is available at 30 isn't nearly as high as it as at 6. Same thing 38 vs 62.

Honestly I think the biggest thing that hurt the Patriots is the same thing that allowed the Pats... and many other teams... to have these well oiled scoring machines. That is the emphasis on defensive holding and IIRC, the NFL really started emphasizing that somewhere around 2005. Their secondary hasn't even been close to the same since then, and every time they lose a big playoff game it seems like it's because they get scorched through the air and can't come up with a big stop.

But yeah I agree that they don't have the same core of good to great defensive guys and that has definitely hurt them. I just don't think in that great offense is a hindrance. Take that away and they are an average team at best, and certainly not earning a playoff bye 3 years in a row. Even without the Super Bowl wins, and really they were literally a non-miracle play away each Super Bowl in the '07 and '11 seasons (if us Browns fans can use that logic, so can they) and are at least in contention every season. Also, Belichick has invested pretty heavily in the D but there have been a lot of wasted early round picks over the years. That's another topic though

Legend
Legend
You mean Ty Law literally pushing Marvin Harrison out of bounds HELPED the Patriots?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I guess that explains the chip on the shoulder for Joe Thomas. A lot of Bengal fans that I work with have chips on their shoulders about Whitworth not being considered as good as Thomas. If you watch a few games (especially the Philadelphia one), you will clearly see why he's not in the same class.

to be fair, noone is (pass-blocking - Jake Long is better run-blocking. another funny argument to me as I want my elite LT to be the superious pass-blocker if anything, thank you).

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, as Impact he did.

I'm letting you all know so people aren't wasting their time arguing with a troll fan from another team disguising himself as a Browns fan.

Did he get banned?

Yes.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

You mean Ty Law literally pushing Marvin Harrison out of bounds HELPED the Patriots?

no, not at all

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Legend
Legend

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2012 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2012 AFC Championship Game

Link Copied to Clipboard