Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Well the weather has solved my dilemma. It's going to be 52 degrees and sunny. The steelhead are in the rivers... I'll be fishing. Even if I get skunked it'll be better than watching the Rats hoist the Lombardi. If the Rats lose I'll watch the replay.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I know this is a Browns board, so football trumps all else, but I have to say I'm a little surprised. You were the voice of reason and forward thinking about Lebron...moving past ill feelings and burrying the hatchet. To hear you're stull holding a deep grudge is a little surprising.

I'm not saying you're wrong to feel that way or that because you forgave Lebron that you are required to do the same with the Ravens....just saying I'm surprised (not in a negative way).

The scar of losing the Browns, the Ravens winning a Super Bowl and them being very good while we stink isn't really a big deal to me. I mean, it's a scar, but it's the tiny kitchen knife scar on your thumb from 15 years ago. It's there, you remember it, it was shocking when it happened, but I learned from it and it doesn't haunt me.

Lebron leaving is still a bigger deal to me. If the Ravens win, it's just another team not named the Browns to win a Super Bowl before we do. Sure, they're a main rival, so it's a tad worse, but I would be way more "butthurt" to see the Bengals win their first or the Steelers win another.

The city of Balitmore deserved a team, unfortunately they got ours. BUT...we got one back right away. So, in my book, we're kinda even on that one. For Lebron....we aren't even yet (though Kyrie and the future may help ease that pain).

I'll be watching and trying to enjoy a good game. I still hope to see an overtime Super Bowl sometime soon.

Oh ya...go 49ers (though it's too bad they won't win. The Hollywood script is already writen for Lewis to pray his eyes out on the 50 with tears of deer antler extract while he dedicates the trophy to art).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
eff the Ravens and the deer they rode in on.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I found it easy to forgive Lebron.

I think more than anything, it was his choice to leave. Whatever happened in that Celtics series, and the way he went about letting the Cavs know, and going on TV to tell everyone, that stuff I can't defend. We all saw it, there were some bad decisions made, I got over it quickly. It was not Modell's choice to break a lease and use crap excuses to pick up the team and move. We're left holding the bag because you were a bad businessman? I don't buy the stadium crap either, because the Browns are playing in a 13 year old stadium.

I dunno, I know several people who have had run-ins with Lebron, including my own mother, and not one person had a bad thing to say. He was very nice, very polite, and he did not big shot anybody. Maybe that's why I give him the benefit of the doubt, in that he got some really bad advice during that time. He's since talked about how he would have done things differently. We've been through this conversation here, I don't need to go on.

I just got over it quickly. With Modell, I think what he did was far worse. He removed the one thing all Clevelanders rallied around. And to our credit, we got it back really quick. I mean when you look back at when they left, and when we got back our team, that actually wasn't that long.

It was what he took though. The pedigree of that organization.

The Ravens might not have our colors and our stats, but their players date back to Paul Brown, Otto Graham, Jim Brown. Even our hometown hero Bernie. If you look at football like a family tree, this current organization has nothing to do with those old teams. They were an expansion team. Yes, Jimmy Brown and Bernie have always been around, but it's not the same. You can go look at the Ravens and say Joe Flacco learned from a guy, who learned from a guy, who learned from a guy, who eventually learned from Bernie. The pedigree. That's what still eats at me. That could never be replaced. You can say the stats are still in Cleveland but it really doesn't mean anything. It's up to our guys now to start a new pedigree of greatness and winning.

I get over all the bad Cleveland things. Outside of the Browns moving, the worst night of my life as a sports fan was when we lost game 7 down in Florida to the Marlins. That took a really long time to get over, even if I thought we'd have a good team in the following years. Then I realized that it could never get any worse than being up in the 9th of a clinching game, a game 7 at that. Losing Lebron wasn't even close.

I've been saying all along he comes back to Cleveland. There's even an article today by Adrian Wojnarowski about it. If he does come back, and he wins a championship, I think the decision, and his tenure in Miami while we were loading up on high draft picks will make a lot of sense.

There's at least a light at the end of the tunnel, with Art Modell, the only light we've seen is that we got back a football team, and it's done nothing but make our Mondays horrible since 1999. Meanwhile, the old Browns finally got their ring, after all the work that was put in when they were in Cleveland.

I don't deny that I'm bitter about it. I'll take it to my grave too. I have nothing against Ozzie or anyone in the Ravens organization, I just disagree with their thinking, but I understand.

If they win on Sunday, I'm not gonna cry or throw things, I'm just not going to subject myself to a lovefest of that organization, on top of their false hero Ray Lewis, which is a whole different conversation. I'll have no problem flipping off the Super Bowl, like I said, I did it for a good 5 years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm going to record it and fast forward through the game only stopping to watch the commercials.

Legend
Legend
I'm just really hoping that if Ray Lewis blitzes up the middle untouched that Colin Kaepernick doesn't get that deer in the headlights look.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm just really hoping that if Ray Lewis blitzes up the middle untouched that Colin Kaepernick doesn't get that deer in the headlights look.

I can see it now. Ngata takes a double team, Ray shoots up the middle unblocked and Kap throws a pick 6 to Reed

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My numbers in the pool at Woody's are: balt 4 and SF 6

I think you guys know what I'm rooting for...

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Legend
Legend
Quote:

You're hoping that San Fran kicks 2 FGs and gives up 2 safeties in the first quarter and then nobody scores after that? You would win every quarter and the Ravens would lose.

yebat' Putin
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

Haven't read the whole thread, but wouldn't it be interesting if Kapernick goes down early with injury and Smith comes in and throws for 300+ and a few TDs in a win? His stock and the pricetag would go sky high!

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

J/C

Haven't read the whole thread, but wouldn't it be interesting if Kapernick goes down early with injury and Smith comes in and throws for 300+ and a few TDs in a win? His stock and the pricetag would go sky high!

What if Kaepernick blows out his knee Willis McGahee style? San Fran has no choice but to retain him. That would be crazy.

N
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

J/C

What if Kaepernick blows out his knee Willis McGahee style? San Fran has no choice but to retain him. That would be crazy.

Alex Smith is to SF what Jason is to horror movies. You cannot kill him as starting QB no matter how hard you try!!!!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So you're saying that next year Alex Smith's mother is going to be the 49ers QB in the super bowl?

yebat' Putin
N
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
N
Quote:

So you're saying that next year Alex Smith's mother is going to be the 49ers QB in the super bowl?

no, his mother was actually the lead broadcaster in the first Superbowl, but noone noticed knew about it until the very end.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
You know it's bad when you see Alex Smith aboard a space ship trying to kill people, either that or he takes Manhattan.

N
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
N
Quote:

You know it's bad when you see Alex Smith aboard a space ship trying to kill people, either that or he takes Manhattan.

but does he take Manhattan with the Muppets?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

but does he take Manhattan with the Muppets?

No, because Bert and Ernie are gay and can't play for the 49ers.

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
WTF is going on right now?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

You're hoping that San Fran kicks 2 FGs and gives up 2 safeties in the first quarter and then nobody scores after that? You would win every quarter and the Ravens would lose.

Sounds good to me.. $125.00 a quarter.. 500 would be nice.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
1st String
1st String
Yeah 500 at least would be nice!

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Legend
Legend
We are gonna get mail on that one. Beat to death by fed up Boy Scouts!! Not good thread stuff there./

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I better see at least one guy in the stands wearing deer antlers.

So far I've seen at least half a dozen guys wearing them around town with the Ray Lewis jersey. lol

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
D
Legend
Legend
D
J/C

In his Plain Dealer column today, Bud Shaw asks the following questions regarding Ray Lewis:

1) Would he once again tear-sync the national anthem as he did in the AFC title game, or cry for real?

2) If he cried for real, would he cry a raging river or a small lake?

3) Would a Baltimore win mean he'd ascend directly to heaven or stop at Disney first?

Legend
Legend
49ers better be on their toes. Flaccos deep ball forces you to play perfect.

W
Rookie
Rookie
W
Prediction: 49ers 31 Ravens 20. Kapernick throws for 2 TDs and runs for another.

Legend
Legend
I knew Alicia Keys would do a kick ass job.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why does everyone have to give a concert? Just sing the song.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
I could do with the song being sung as written. I don't like it when singers add an "embellishment" at the end.

I thought that the kids from Sandy Hook did a really nice job singing though.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Those kids did great! God bless them.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
I said in the other thread what a traditionalist I am but I gotta admit, Keys (sp) did a darn fine job the anthem.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Oh, I was fine with it right up until she decided to add to it.

The song is the song. If you want to embellish a song, fine ... do so in concert ...... or your own songs ........ just not the National Anthem.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone coming to chat?

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
Not me.

The Ravens are going to wind up drilling the Niners, and we'll get another month of how great Ray lewis is, and how Art MoSmell should have made the Hall of Fame ......

Legend
Legend
How much did Bar have to drink to shoot that scene?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
He's been fairly quiet this post-season, but the guy in this game I'm most interested in as a free agent for us would be Delanie Walker. His versatility as an H-Back/TE/FB would be a great fit for Chud's offense.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
ray ray is looking like crap crap.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Unreal.

Niners pressure the crap out of Flacco, and he still manages a 31 yard pass play. Geesh.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
He does do a good job of extending the play, though. Deceptive mobility.

That was a spot where ballsy, all-out attacking football cost a team points. A high percentage screen, draw, or underneath route keeps the Rats in field goal range. I'll take it! My squares are still alive because of that.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
Geez,, the 49ers are getting beat down..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2012 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2012 The Superbowl Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard