Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
And this is officially nauseating.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Glad that mess is over. Crap game, worse halftime show.
Super Bore.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Even the NFL wanted to end it right there. Turned off the lights on Kaepernic.

Legend
Legend
"Upon further review, the Super Bowl will be cancelled...thank you for your money."
-Roger Goodell.

Legend
Legend
Awesome. Lights out. Somebody does want the Ravens to win.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
What if the Undertaker appeared and challenged CM Punk to a match at Wrestlemania?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I think it's the ghost of Art Modell and Edgar Allan Poe.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What's the over/under on Ray Lewis shanking victims during the blackout?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Probably higher than Ray marrying one of his baby mommas.

Legend
Legend
This is the Saints revenge against Roger Goodell.

Legend
Legend
God doesn't want the Rats to win, so he turned off the lights.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Obviously it's George Bush's fault...

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
I guess Moss is alive after all. Figured he was passed out in a French Quarter drainage pipe or something.

Legend
Legend
We're in for one hell of a finish fellas

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Awesome. Lights out. Somebody does want the Ravens to win.

Really, looks like they turned the lights out on the Ravens. Game is fixed, Niners win, book it!

Legend
Legend
HORRIBLE playcalling

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Hey look, the Seahawks-Steelers refs showed up for a play!

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Does that surprise you? I like how te announcers are saying "good no call". LMAO

Last edited by columbusdawg; 02/03/13 11:40 PM.

#gmstrong
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
If it's just a game, then why am I feeling so damn sick right now? UGH.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"One man's Bum is another man's Hobo" - Waterdawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Guess the NFL just needed it to come down to the last play of the game.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
The intentional safety cost me 200$. This sucks. Stupid Ray Lewis, Art Modell....so mad!

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

HORRIBLE playcalling

I agree. I would have run it with Gore or Kaepernick 4 times from the 7. Ugh.

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
The Shamravesty is complete... congrats, NFL.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sanfran got screwed. That was holding with 2 hands.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
I figured out the safety outcome as they were talking about the no-call and mentioned it to my bro-in-law....and I watched his face as he slowly figured out that it was the smart play. He lost $500 (reverse). His buddy lost $3,000.

Oh well.

Great game. Bad play call on 4th down (and 2nd down). I can't call it a good no-call but it was the right call. Great idea to kill time there.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Any rapist murderers out there we can draft/sign?

Seems to be the best way to win a Super Bowl.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Glad that mess is over. Crap game, worse halftime show.
Super Bore.

I thought Beyonce was great. I didn't listen to the singing at all.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I agree, I thought the half time show was really bad. I don't like that music in general so maybe I'm not the kind of person to ask. Beyonce herself was nice to look at though.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
From a performance standpoint... it was the best performed halftime show in a long time.

Since maybe Prince's performance. I'm not a fan of her music in the least but at least it was entertaining.

I'm utterly disgusted at the amount of leeway the Refs gave the ravens players. There were many instances of a defender hanging on to a 9ers player that they didn't call.

Legend
Legend
If you really are saying that "the fix is in," and that the NFL rigs seasons to create stories... then by natural extension, we must also assume that the 40 minute power outage and ensuing comeback by the 49'ers was all staged, as well.

And if that's the case (of which you seem so convinced), why bother watching even a single game of NFL football?

I only ask, because I stopped regularly watching "Professional Wrestling" when I was about 15 years old. When I was 17, I stopped altogether.

Plain talk: do you REALLY think the NFL is "rigged?"

Yes.... or no?

When Fox News was covering the 2012 presidential election, and Ohio went to Obama, Karl Rove had an online "meltdown moment." Megyn Kelley asked him: "Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?" ...after which, she walked to the "numbers booth," to get the straight talk from the geeks.

(Best 45 seconds of airtime on than night.... Megyn has a great set of "walkin' sticks"- and the hips to carry them... )

The same question could be leveled at all Browns fans who entertain such 'conspiracy theories.'

1. Did NFL officials conspire to influence game-day decisions of the Ravens' opposing coaches to make critical calls that worked against them in the end?
2.Did coaches secretly agree to tank an in-season game, so that we could have a Harbaugh v. Harbaugh Big Game?
3. Did individual players sign on for this conspiracy... and tank crital plays in 16 games.... on every team that San Fran and Balto played?
4. So the HFL could play out their own version of Gino Vanelli's "Brother To Brother?"

Really... don't you see how silly this looks now?

Pardon me, but this idea that an entire season of NFL football being rigged is just plain dumb. Consider this: John Elway was a national darling during the years that he led the Broncos past Cleveland to get to the Super Bowl... yet, his team was absolutely CRUSHED- both times. If "The Fix" was truly in, wouldn't The Donks have won in at least one of those back-to-back years? since "conspiracy theorists" have determined that the Browns are targeted as Enemies Of The (NFL) State?

Oh, wait.... The Powers That Be are "scripting materminds"... and were just running a "long con" on the entire American Public. Yes- it would make a much more compelling story for John to win his rings near the end of his career... but do you really think that the NFL thinks that far ahead?

Look, man... if all of this is scripted, you would have figured it out by now, and punted on the NFL. But you're here- posting with regularity with all the rest of us.

That tells me one of two things:

1. Either you're just an "action fan," and don't care about what's happening, as long as something's happening

2. You're such a Browns Homer that you'll use any excuse to explain away a Ravens win at the Big Dance.

I feel like I've been hard on you with this post, Dawg.... but I just can't take p.o.v.'s that rely on defiance of logic to make their points. For the Ravens to have won tonight through conspircy, it would have taken an effort by the NFL that is beyond the means of the U.S. Government.

Dude- it truly sucks that "what should have always been the Browns" has won its 2nd ring.... but I saw nothng in this game (and nothing in the season that led to this game) to suggest a "conspiracy by the NFL."

If you need to be consoled, think of this: Art Modell is still not a member of Football's Hall Of Fame.

just sayin'....

"too many notes, not enough music-"
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I don't think that an entire season is rigged. And I do believe teams control t±eir own destiny. However, I do think that Refs subconsciously allow things or favor certain players over others. It's natural to do so. No one is truly unbiased.

It's the same thing with Basketball, where the stars really do get away with more because their stars.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Congratulations Ozzie ! Sure wish you were with the Browns thou....

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I don't think that last call can be anything other than a penalty. There was clearly contact beyond the five yards of the line of scrimmage and Smith's hands grabbed hold of Crabtree as the ball was in the air- and did land in his catch radius. That should've been called.

Haven't watched a lick of post-game (or pre for that matter) coverage. Yuck. Can only imagine how fluffy those pieces are.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

Any rapist murderers out there we can draft/sign?

Seems to be the best way to win a Super Bowl.

I'm not, but if it will get me drafted...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
A World Series was fixed Clem and a former NBA ref was busted for admitting to fixing games.

It's not as crazy as you think.

Legend
Legend
I disagree (not vigorously).

There was holding and there was kinda OPI too. It was within 5-yards'ish...and don't we all want the refs to swallow the whistle when it's a ticky-tac foul at the end of the game? The fault lies on the play call to me...call a rollout with an option to throw or run.

Sure, if the Browns were on the receiving end of that no-call, I'd probably be upset, but we're not...so I don't really care.

And yes, no conspiracy here. If anything, the NFL wanted a Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady AFCCG.

And outside of the final outcome, which I understand why most here would be redassed about, the game itself was great. 28-6 in the 3rd quarter and they cone back to have a 1st and goal with time running out to get the go-ahead TD. I was on the edge of my seat.

And I'll say it again, had the Bengals won, I'd be pissed. Had the Steelers got in and won, I'd be annoyed (more "we're the best franchise ever" crap). Yeah the Ravens winning sucks, but it's the lesser of those 3 evils to me. Nothing really has changed, they have another and we don't.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
originally I thought I wasn't that worked up over it, but appperntly I was since I'm still awake.

Legend
Legend
I'm should have watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet instead of the Super Bowl.

I hate seeing Killer Ray get to go out a champion, while we continue in our malaise .......

Hopefully we start turning the corner this year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I don't think the entire season was rigged, but I completely believe that the playoffs were. Baltimore wasn't the best team in either conference, but Flacco turns into Jesus himself on the field? Get outta here.

As I said before - I think some intern in the NFL office decided the score the night of the AFC Championship game and RayRay was able to tap dance into the sunset. JMO.

The power outage is irrelevant - though it did make for a nice storyline.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Do you realize the financial risk the league would take if it were rigged? Do you think the conspirators want to risk countless BILLIONS for a feel good story about Ray Lewis?

The mistake people make here is that news stories develop around the teams which progress in the playoffs. We would have heard stories about Matt Ryan and Tom Brady had things gone the other way.

Don't you think the league would have conspired to have Favre retire on a superbowl? There are far more feel good stories being left out by the "conspirators" . When you have a thought, ask yourself, would a crazy person believe this? If so, reconsider the belief.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2012 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2012 The Superbowl Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard