Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

I don't understand that.

So a flag in the first quarter stops being a penalty in the last 5 minutes?

Agreed!!! 100%! If it's a flag in the first 5 minutes, it's a flag in the last 5 minutes. If not, why have rules?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Wow I didnt see that at all. How was that guy not ejected?

No idea, I was thinking the same thing when I saw it.

Maybe the ref realized the player probably didn't notice an official and it was on accident... If I were a ref in that situation I would not throw anyone out unless for something completely and utterly over the top (Suh stomping someones leg).

I can understand not wanting to throw a guy out for making a 'mistake' in the SB.... but how is that NOT a penalty... full shove of an offical... I mean did he really get an offical (small, older gentleman in black and white) confused with a 49er player?!?

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow I didnt see that at all. How was that guy not ejected?

No idea, I was thinking the same thing when I saw it.

Maybe the ref realized the player probably didn't notice an official and it was on accident... If I were a ref in that situation I would not throw anyone out unless for something completely and utterly over the top (Suh stomping someones leg).

I can understand not wanting to throw a guy out for making a 'mistake' in the SB.... but how is that NOT a penalty... full shove of an offical... I mean did he really get an offical (small, older gentleman in black and white) confused with a 49er player?!?

And he kept coming after the official after. He looked like he took another swing at the official but a team mate blocked it.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
They really need to change the rules about fighting in football. There's pretty much no penalty for it. You could throw a trident at somebody, and the worst you're going to get is off-setting penatlies and MAYBE both participates ejected.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

I don't understand that.

Agreed!!! 100%! If it's a flag in the first 5 minutes, it's a flag in the last 5 minutes. If not, why have rules?

I understand the point. Take a look at any last ditch hail mary and flags could be thrown on nearly all of them...and aren't.

I am not really disagreeing with you guys, I am just telling you how it is.

The niners blew it by not getting closer to the goal making the Ravens defend the run as a possibility. At that point the niners were playing for a call as much as trying to score.

Thumbs up to the refs for not playing that game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't understand that.

And then it is justified by "We don't want the officials deciding the game." Well a no-call on an obvious penalty is deciding the game just as much as a marginal call would be.. it's just deciding it in a different direction.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Evidently he did.. and he was so confused that he continued to go after him... heck it was a 49ers player trying to restrain him and keep him from getting thrown out.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The niners blew it by not getting closer to the goal making the Ravens defend the run as a possibility. At that point the niners were playing for a call as much as trying to score.

I say this with all the respect in the world Peen but... Bullcrap. I don't care if they run 4 consecutive double end arounds from the 3 yard line... if there is a penalty on one of them, you call it.

yebat' Putin
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't understand that.

I understand the point. Take a look at any last ditch hail mary and flags could be thrown on nearly all of them...and aren't.

I am not really disagreeing with you guys, I am just telling you how it is.

Unless of course you add in that helmet to helmet that should have put them half the distance to the goal and a first down.....While I agree with a lot of what you are saying...a penalty is a penalty....throw the flag.

HACK

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I just don't know how they got down there on a big run.

Then boom. Pass Pass Pass.

Crazy.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Crazy.

and Ngata was on the bench

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Watching that ... it almost felt like Shurmer trying to outsmart himself

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Crazy.

In listening to some guys on the radio who know more about it than I do... they said that once they got inside the 10, the Ravens were run blitzing on pretty much every play.. forcing the 49ers to throw the ball or run right into the teeth of a blitze...

I still don't know why they only ran one play that got Kaepernick out of the pocket... if the Ravens are going to run blitz and I've got Kaepernick, I'm going to try to get him on the edge in a run/pass situation as often as I can. He can get 7 yards...

yebat' Putin
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2012 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2012 The Superbowl Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard