Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
ZING!!!

Here's an updated list of who we've met with....

Cleveland Browns:
Anthony Capasso, WR, Ashland (PRO)
Josh Hill, TE, Idaho State (EW)
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma (COM)
Datone Jones, DL, UCLA (PRI)
Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia (COM)
Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma (PRO)
Dion Jordan, DL, Oregon (PRI)
Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado (SR)
A.J. Klein, LB, Iowa State (EW)
Will Pericak, DL, Colorado (EW)
Sheldon Richardson, DL, Missouri (PRI)
Geno Smithx, QB, West Virginia (PRI)
Carson Tinker, LS, Alabama (SR)
Cornelius Washington, DL, Georgia (SR)
Earl Watford, OL, James Madison (EW)
Brian Winters, G, Kent State (COM)

SR - Senior Bowl meeting. EW - East-West Shrine meeting. COM - Combine meeting. INT - Interested. VINT - Very Interested. PRO - Pro Day meeting. PRI - Private Workout.

LINK

Can you tell I'm bored?

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
FINALLY! A Manti article...

From PFT

Manti Te’o runs a bit faster at Notre Dame Pro Day

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 26, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT

Manti Te’o has run his long-awaited 40-yard dashes at Notre Dame’s Pro Day, and Te’o was a little faster today than he was at last month’s NFL Scouting Combine.

Todd McShay of ESPN timed Te’o at 4.75 seconds in his first 40 and 4.71 seconds in his second, and that was the general consensus of the other reporters on the scene: Te’o improved upon his 4.82-second 40 from the Scouting Combine by somewhere around one-tenth of a second.

So will this matter? It certainly won’t hurt: Te’o said after the Combine that he’s “obviously” faster than he showed in Indianapolis, and now he can back that talk up with his times.

But a difference of one-tenth of a second in the 40 is probably not going to make a huge difference for Te’o. We talk about 40-yard dashes at this time of year because we don’t have much else to talk about, but what really matters is how a player plays football. The teams that had doubts about Te’o before today will still have doubts, and the teams that liked Te’o before today will still like him.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2013 NFL Draft trade talk: Dolphins, Vikings, 49ers to move up?

By Daniel Jeremiah
Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network
Published: March 28, 2013 at 12:45 p.m. Updated: March 28, 2013 at 06:45 p.m. 0 Likes | 0 Comments
Email Print
Read Discuss

The 2012 NFL Draft saw a whirlwind of trades take place in the first round. As we get closer to the 2013 event, it's only natural to wonder who will be wheeling and dealing this time around.

The 2013 NFL Draft lacks star power at the top of the board, but it boasts fantastic depth. Thus, several teams -- starting with the Kansas City Chiefs at No. 1 -- would love to move down and stockpile picks. The only problem is finding a trade partner, as teams only want to make a move when there's a prospect they want and can't pass up.

Based on what I know and what I'm hearing, I took a quick stab at identifying three teams that could trade down and three teams that could trade up, along with a group of prospects who could spur movement.

Moving out

Philadelphia Eagles: Philly already addressed several of its needs in the offseason. The Eagles added experienced starters to all three levels of their defense via free agency. The offensive line should be drastically improved, as long as key players like Jason Peters and Jason Kelce return to form following injuries in 2012. There is still a question mark at quarterback, but there isn't a glaring weakness at another position that could only be addressed with the fourth overall pick in the draft. The Eagles could easily slide down a few slots and still get an impact player who fits into their new defensive scheme.

Cleveland Browns: The Browns entered the offseason with a glaring need at outside linebacker and proceeded to nab free-agent upgrades Paul Kruger and Quentin Groves. They still have a major need at cornerback, but defensive back is shaping up to be a very deep position in this draft. If the Browns are in love with Alabama CB Dee Milliner, they likely will stand pat at No. 6 with him in mind. However, if they don't view Milliner as an "elite" cover corner -- or if he's no longer on the board when the Browns' turn comes up -- it would make a lot of sense for them to bail and make an effort to recoup the second-round pick they forfeited when they selected Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft this past summer.

New England Patriots: The Patriots are no strangers to trading down in the draft; they have mastered the art of accumulating extra picks while still staying within range of their targeted players. This is a unique situation for Bill Belichick's squad. The Pats currently possess just five picks in this draft. I would be very surprised if they didn't add to that total by dropping down a few spots in either the first (where they have the No. 29 overall pick) or second (No. 59) round.

Moving up

Miami Dolphins: Miami has been one of the most aggressive teams during the offseason. Clearly, the main focus is upgrading the talent around young quarterback Ryan Tannehill. The Dolphins brought in Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson and Dustin Keller. However, they failed to re-sign Jake Long, their starting left tackle. There are three top-tier LT prospects in this draft: Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson. I don't see any of the three dropping to the Dolphins at No. 12. They could, though, target Fisher with the Eagles' No. 4 pick, or possibly Johnson with the Browns' No. 6 selection. They have plenty of extra picks to make a move happen.

Minnesota Vikings: The Vikings are coming off of a season in which their passing attack ranked 31st in the NFL. They can't rely on Adrian Peterson to shoulder the entire offensive load for a second straight season. During the offseason so far, they've lost one major weapon (trading Percy Harvin to the Seattle Seahawks) and picked one up (signing Greg Jennings). They still have a pressing need at the receiver position. All signs point toward the St. Louis Rams selecting a receiver with one of their two first-round selections (Nos. 16 and 22). The Vikings also have two first-round selections (Nos. 23 and 25), but they will have to wait in line behind St. Louis. I could see the Vikings seeking to move just ahead of the Rams to secure their top pass-catching target in the draft.

San Francisco 49ers: The 49ers are right on the doorstep of winning a championship. Despite some key losses in free agency, they still possess one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. And they have an astounding 14 selections in the upcoming draft. There is no way 14 rookies will be able to make this roster. It makes sense for general manager Trent Baalke and Co. to either trade a few of this year's picks for future selections or aggressively package some picks and move up for an impact player. After the Niners lost two starting defensive linemen in free agency (Ricky Jean Francois and Isaac Sopoaga), it shouldn't be out of the question that they would make an aggressive move into the top 15 if a player like Star Lotulelei slides.

Marked men

Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson, offensive tackles: All signs point toward the Chiefs selecting Joeckel with the first overall selection. If that does indeed happen, Fisher and Johnson will be the only surefire Day 1 starting left tackles remaining on the board. Teams like Arizona (No. 7 overall pick), San Diego (11) and Miami (12) have a desperate need at the position and could look to move up for one of these two players.

Tavon Austin, wide receiver: No player in this draft has helped himself more during the postseason. Austin blazed a 4.34-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine and followed that up with a sensational field workout in Indy. He then wowed NFL evaluators with his pro day performance. He is the most dynamic offensive weapon in this draft. He has secured first-round status and could be a trade-up target for several teams picking from the middle to the bottom of Round 1.

Dee Milliner, cornerback: Milliner might not be in the same class as some of the elite cornerbacks we've seen enter the draft over the past few years, but he's widely considered to be the best cover man in this year's crop. With the NFL continuing to lean heavily on the passing game, a player like Milliner could garner interest from many teams looking to move up and acquire his services.

Sheldon Richardson and Star Lotulelei, defensive tackles: This draft is loaded at defensive tackle. Usually, quality depth at a certain position limits the potential trade-up scenarios, but these two players could alter that thinking. Richardson is an ideal 3-technique for a team that runs the 4-3 defense; Lotulelei is an ideal 5-technique for a team that employs the 3-4. If either player were to slide, teams with a need at either of those spots could be compelled to make a move up the board.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap100000...9ers-to-move-up

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #755437 04/01/13 10:59 AM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Chance Warmack article

2013 NFL Draft: Alabama guard Chance Warmack’s shot at cracking top 10 is no joke
Y
By Nate Ulrich Beacon Journal sports writer

Published: March 30, 2013 - 11:11 PM

As Chance Warmack stood in front of reporters last month at the NFL Scouting Combine, the group interview seemed to morph into stand-up comedy at times.

For example …

Reporter: “How did you get your name?”

Warmack: “It came from a movie. My mom and my dad went to see a movie, and the main character was named Chance.”

Reporter: “What was the name of the movie?”

Warmack: “I don’t know. I wasn’t there. I wasn’t born yet.”

Although he cracked up the assembled media with that exchange and a few other memorable responses, it’s certainly not a laughing matter when Warmack, a 6-foot-2, 317-pound guard from the University of Alabama, goes to work in the trenches. Especially for the defenders he routinely buries.

“Off the field, when we’re on the side, he’s one of the coolest dudes ever,” Alabama running back Eddie Lacy said. “When it’s time to go in and get some reps in this game, he’s different. He’s just a different person to whoever gets in his way. You’re going to move or get run over — one of the two.”

Warmack is considered a surefire first-round pick in this year’s draft, which runs April 25-27, and some analysts believe he’ll even become a top-10 pick. A guard hasn’t cracked the top 10 since the New Orleans Saints selected Chris Naeole 10th overall in 1997.

The Browns have the sixth overall pick, and they’re in the market for a guard partly because the status of Jason Pinkston remains uncertain. Pinkston, a starting left guard, had his 2012 season cut short after doctors discovered a blood clot in his lung. The Browns talked to Warmack at the combine, and they’re scheduled to bring North Carolina’s Jonathan Cooper, another guard some believe has top-10 potential, to their headquarters for a pre-draft visit.

However, Browns CEO Joe Banner might as well have scoffed when asked at the combine if it would be too early to draft a guard at No. 6.

“I mean if you knew he was [hall of famer] John Hannah I guess maybe not, but it wouldn’t fit,” Banner said. “I wouldn’t rule anything out, but it wouldn’t philosophically fit with how we’re approaching the priorities and how we’re building the team. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t an exception or unusual situation or a player that’s so special that you wouldn’t look at.”

In other words, Warmack and Cooper would probably only become realistic options for the Browns if they traded down, which isn’t out of the question. NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock, on the other hand, believes Warmack is the best player in this year’s draft and wouldn’t balk at nabbing him in any slot.

“I would have no hesitation taking Chance Warmack at 10,” Mayock said last month during a conference call. “And to be honest with you, if I was [picking] one through nine, I wouldn’t have any hesitation of taking him, either.”

Warmack, 21, is determined to prevent the hype from going to his head.

“It makes me feel good to get the level of respect in that manner,” said Warmack, an Atlanta native. “But at the same time, I don’t really pay attention to that too much. I know where I came from, I know where I started and that’s the same mentality I have now. I appreciate the praise, but nothing’s perfect. I’m human. I make mistakes.”

His resume suggests he hasn’t erred often.

Warmack started all 40 games at left guard during the past three seasons, paving the way for Lacy and former Alabama and current Browns running back Trent Richardson to help the Crimson Tide win the past two national championships.

“Playing beside Chance, that’s a huge advantage,” said Barrett Jones, who started at center for Alabama this past season and left tackle the year before. “He really made me look good. A lot of my highlight film has to be on combo blocks with Chance.”

As a senior, Warmack was a unanimous first-team All-American and first-team All-SEC selection. During the 2012 regular season, Warmack allowed 3½ sacks in 287 pass attempts, led the team with 37 pancake blocks and graded out at an average of 89.4 on his assignments, according to Alabama.

“What makes him special?” Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker said. “The nastiness that he’s got — that’s the main thing. He’s aggressive. [He] let’s you know that he dominated you when he walks back and looks at you in the face.”

Warmack believes his mean streak has evolved.

“As I got to college, I kind of understood it better in terms of no mercy,” said Warmack, who’s known for donning small jerseys and letting his gut hang out on the gridiron. “It’s not play. This is a real game, and I think that’s the mentality that you’re going to have to have going to the next level.

“You just get into that zone, and you just block everything out. You have to execute on the play. Whoever’s playing against you is the enemy. I don’t know them. They don’t know me. So it’s fair game.”

Warmack said it would be an honor to be drafted early especially because guards seldom are. Clad in a bright orange hoodie, black track pants and sky blue tennis shoes while he stood behind the podium at the combine, Warmack acknowledged he doesn’t play a glamorous position. Still, he has no complaints.

“I’m not a glamorous person — look at what I’m wearing,” Warmack said, drawing more laughter. “I love it, though. I love being big and mean.”

Legend
Legend
Quote:

“It’s not play. This is a real game

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Forget it... he's rolling.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Just him expressing that its not a "PLAY" situation for him on the field of play...it is real!

In this sense. Its not if you win or lose but how you play the game. Well to him his thinking is Fudge "PLAY" the game - he wants to win every battle n win every game.

We trade back...I don't mind him at all. I still say he doesn't have the Speed for an OG to got top 10 in a draft even a weak up front one like this. Runs in the draft will be pursued. LT n DL.

I've said all along Warmack is possibly the safest pick for the new guys to make. Just like Joe T for Savage, Mack for Mangini n Shwartz for Heckert.

OL is easy to evaluate that is why they play early n for a long time effectively. Not all but the top guys make it successfully more than any other position drafted.

Chance...I believe that was a Character name for John Wayne in one of his movies

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
T
Legend
Legend
T
Given the choice between Warmack and Fluker, I'd take DJ Fluker, OT Alabama,

I think he just might be tougher. They both look like they'd be a good addition but I think Fluker would be more dominant over time.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
We need a OG not an OT

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
By Pete Prisco
CBSSports.com Senior NFL Columnist

It's time for Mock Draft No. 6.

What changes are in order? For starters, I now have the Jaguars at No. 2 taking Florida's Shariff Floyd. He might be the best player in this draft, so it would make sense.

I have Geno Smith sliding to Buffalo at No. 8. The signing of Kevin Kolb isn't about to stop the Bills from taking a quarterback.

Next week, more changes. The following week, more change.

That's what doing a mock every Monday does. It makes us have a lot of the picks right in the end.

See, I told you so.
NFL Mock Draft - 04/01/2013
Round 1
1. Kansas City Chiefs 2-14) Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M: This makes way too much sense.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14) Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida: This kid is a dominant force and they need help inside.

3. Oakland Raiders (4-12) Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon: He would fill a major need on the outside.

4. Philadelphia Eagles (4-12) Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama: Yes, they signed some corners, but they take another here.

5. Detroit Lions (4-12) Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan: Jeff Backus is retiring, so they get a replacement.

6. Cleveland Browns (5-11) Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State: They could pair him with Joe Haden to form a nice tandem.

7. Arizona Cardinals (5-11) Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma: They have to upgrade at left tackle and this kid would do it.

8. Buffalo Bills (6-10) Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: Somebody has to play the position, so Smith makes sense.

9. New York Jets (6-10) Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah: Rex Ryan would probably see another Haloti Ngata in him.

10. Tennessee Titans (6-10) Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Brigham Young: They have to improve their outside pass rush. This kid is raw but makes sense.

11. San Diego Chargers (7-9) Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia: The pass rush needs help and this kid made a ton of plays.

12. Miami Dolphins (7-9) Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State: They need another tackle to step in on the right side of Jonathan Martin is going to the left side.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9) Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington: They have to get somebody to play corner and a young one makes sense even if they get Darrelle Revis.

14. Carolina Panthers (7-9) Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri: They have a big hole in the middle of their defense and Richardson can help plug it.

15. New Orleans Saints (7-9) Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU: They take a local kid with hopes he can help their pass rush.

16. St. Louis Rams (7-8-1) Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina: They added Jake Long, so now they add a powerful inside piece.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8) Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State: The Steelers can convert him to an outside 3-4 linebacker.

18. Dallas Cowboys (8-8) Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama: They have to get better inside. Warmack is a mauler.

19. New York Giants (9-7) D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama: They have to get better play up front from their line.

20. Chicago Bears (10-6) Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State: Even with D.J. Williams signing, this makes sense. Brown is rising up boards.

21. Cincinnati Bengals (10-6) Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas: They need more range from the back end.

22. St. Louis Rams (from Washington) (7-8-1) Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia: They lost Danny Amendola, so they take a faster version who can give them more big plays down the field.

23. Minnesota Vikings (10-6) Datone Jones, DE, UCLA: Jared Allen can't play forever, and this kid has a ton of talent.

24. Indianapolis Colts (11-5) Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: Reggie Wayne isn't a kid anymore. They need help.

25. Minnesota Vikings (from Seattle) (10-6) Keenan Allen, WR, California: They add Greg Jennings, but now get another receiver to help the passing game.

26. Green Bay Packers(11-5) Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State: Their line has been a trouble spot. They have to get better.

27. Houston Texans (12-4) DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson: They have to get somebody to take the pressure off Andre Johnson.

28. Denver Broncos (13-3) Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama: They need to improve in a big way in the middle of their defense.

29. New England Patriots (12-4) Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M: More pass rush help is always needed.

30. Atlanta Falcons (13-3) Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State: With Dunta Robinson and Brent Grimes both gone, they have to take a corner.

31. San Francisco 49ers (11-4-1) Matt Elam, SS, Florida: They need a young safety to step in for the departed Dashon Goldson.

32. Baltimore Ravens (10-6) Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee: It's time to get a replacement for Anquan Boldin. web page

Last edited by Mourgrym; 04/04/13 12:04 AM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
So I was reading this prospect's interview and thought this was funny

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Character-Guys-Profile-Dominick-Reyes.html

How did you get into playing football? - My older brother started playing and it was awesome. We'd play anything that had to do with a ball; basketball, baseball, a lot of wrestling. That’s how I got into it really, just because my brothers made me.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
"You're doing it wrong."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
6. Cleveland Browns (5-11) Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State: They could pair him with Joe Haden to form a nice tandem.

I've heard the Browns are very high on Rhodes along with Milliner.
This would not shock me at all.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hilarious

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

I've heard the Browns are very high on Rhodes along with Milliner.
This would not shock me at all.

I wouldn't be surprised either. But still hoping Barkevious Mingo comes to them some way, somehow.

Tackles are tackles.
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
j/c

I had a dream about the draft the other night. Milliner was on the board when the browns were up, but they drafted some safety I had never heard of. Granted, the top picks were all ubrecognizable names (it was a dream).

But the only name that was familiar was Milliner, and we passed on him to draft a FS I had never hear of.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

I had a dream about the draft the other night.

You may wanna look into getting out sometimes....

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Quote:

Quote:

Worst part is that I was following the draft on a computer. Like an ESPN draft ticker guide.

......man, I'm pathetic.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Worst part is that I was following the draft on a computer. Like an ESPN draft ticker guide.

......man, I'm pathetic.

Dude, all I'm gonna say is it doesn't sound that strange to me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

"You're doing it wrong."

Especially if there was only one

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Report: Dolphins enamored with Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson
By Matt Rybaltowski | CBSSports.com
April 8, 2013 12:24 pm ET

The Dolphins could be interested in moving up to draft Lane Johnson.

Few offensive linemen, if any, have entered the NFL Draft with as much natural athleticism as Oklahoma left tackle Lane Johnson.

At 6-6, 303 pounds, Johnson says he's still able to execute a 360 dunk. In February, Johnson turned in the “freakiest performance,” NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock has seen by an offensive lineman since the league began televising the NFL Scouting Combine. Johnson finished the 40-yard dash in 4.74 seconds -- a time faster than Anquan Boldin in 2003 and Manti Te'o this year. A vertical leap of 34 inches by Johnson also equaled the jump of A.J. Green in 2011. Weeks earlier, the former high school quarterback chased down Utah State cornerback Will Davis on an interception return at the Senior Bowl.

It might be why the Dolphins are reportedly mulling a trade to move into the top 10 at this month's NFL Draft. The Dolphins have a high grade on Johnson, according to the Palm Beach Post. Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for offensive lineman Eric Winston, has also reportedly heard from numerous sources that Miami will select an offensive tackle with its first pick.

Three potential franchise tackles -- Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Johnson -- have separated themselves from the pack. All three, however, are projected to be selected in the top seven. The Dolphins have a glut of picks in the early rounds after the trade of Brandon Marshall last March. If Miami wants to acquire a pick in the top 10, general manager Jeff Ireland will likely have to give up the No. 12 pick overall, as well as several mid-round picks.

Many general managers throughout the league use a point system to determine the trade value of every pick in the Draft. For instance, Miami's No. 12 pick is worth 1,200 points according to the chart. If the Dolphins are looking to pull off a trade with the Browns for the No. 6 pick (1,600 points), they may have to also give Cleveland the No. 54 pick (360 points) and the No. 111 pick (72 points). Four teams in the top seven -- the Chiefs, Eagles, Lions and Cardinals -- could pursue an offensive tackle.

A potential trade for Johnson could be worth it. Johnson had one of the top highlights at the Senior Bowl when he tracked down Davis along the right sidelines on a third-quarter tackle (at 6:08).

(Courtesy: footballmixtapes)

“Once I saw that I had the angle on him, I just ran as fast as I could,” Johnson said. “I pushed him out of bounds and tried not to trip over the bench on the way out. If I wouldn't have caught him, he would have broken away.”

The selection of Johnson would allow the Dolphins to keep Jonathan Martin, a second-round pick in 2012, at right tackle. Miami has a void at left tackle after four-time Pro Bowl lineman Jake Long signed with St. Louis in free agency. web page

C
Legend
Legend
C
This is great news if true. We need as many teams as possible trying to get in front of the Cardinals.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

... Milliner, and we passed on him to draft a FS I had never hear of.

The draft record of our current FO is "murky" (and that's NOT a shot!), so never say "Never".

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
E
Legend
Legend
E
1. Actually the only track record we have of this duo Banner/Lombardi was in 1998 where they took Tre Thomas n also a 3rd round MLB who was pretty good (forgot who Trotter or something???) Not a large data base but the only one we got.

2. Best case scenario for me that is (me = fan thinking for what's best for the Browns) is for an auction scenario takes place. Luke n Fisher gone 3 teams at least bidding for Johnson the last name Left Tackle prospect. The guy we are targeting is still on the board...Millner, Jordan or Ziggy. Even though not the best bid we take Zona's 2nd rounder dropping us in a position to definitely get our targeted Prospect!

Unless Dolphins then throw something silly at us which would have to include next years 1st...we make a minimal drop back get a good 2nd rounder (our spot basically) get our targeted guy...we can only hope.

JMHO

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

cfrs15 #755458 04/09/13 10:58 AM
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

This is great news if true. We need as many teams as possible trying to get in front of the Cardinals.

it's all smoke right now, but I agree. hopefully, we can scare the Cardinals into trading up the 1 slot.

my dream: Lane Johnson and Dee Milliner are both available at #6. Arizona freaks out that Miami is trading up with us and gives us their 2nd rounder to get Lane Johnson. We still get Milliner.

The Reverse Winslow

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #755459 04/09/13 11:13 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
This is good news for anyone interested in a trade down. OT has been identified as one of the positions coveted in the early part of the first round. Miami lost Jake Long in FA and need a legit replacement to protect their investment, Tannehill.

Also, this team has just spend a butt load in FA. Maybe they'd be willing to part with a second rounder to move up a few spots to get the guy they want while saving some cash. Not sure what the difference would be in terms of choosing to pay a #6 guy vs. #12 and #42. But if the money makes sense for them, they could pull the trigger for their new LT.

If anyone else is interested, it only drives demand upwards.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 04/09/13 11:15 AM.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

my dream: Lane Johnson and Dee Milliner are both available at #6. Arizona freaks out that Miami is trading up with us and gives us their 2nd rounder to get Lane Johnson. We still get Milliner.

The Reverse Winslow

Funny how all of a sudden that's everyone's wet dream scenario a couple of hours after I posted it

Anyway, as much as this sceanrio makes the most sense for us, no way we get a 2nd from the Cards , I don't even see the 3rd involved, maybe a 2014 3rd....they don't have extra picks to burn and have many needs to address too. If the can't get Johnson on the cheap (4th+ one of their two 6th is max I see them offer, TRich-trade style), they might trade down on their own and grab Fluker later.....that said, I'd still do the deal...an early 4th is pretty valuable, especially since we then would have two of those

#gmstrong

N
Legend
Legend
N
I posted it yesterday on another site

and hey, if we gave up a 2nd for Winslow, then Arizona could for a LT. it's a shame that Arians left right before we made that move. maybe Butch could have had him convinced it was smart.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I won't speculate on trades as several things will play out.
But it might be good especially if Jordon is gone..they are really really high on the DE from Oregon.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Its always about you...lol man good thing this board ain't a football team the players would all hate you...

you do realize I've been saying that for like two months now. so by your way of thinking....you obviously stole it from ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME...

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #755464 04/09/13 11:44 AM
N
Legend
Legend
N
I probably did. But, I don't remember doing it, so (in my head) I came up with it on my own

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I won't speculate on trades as several things will play out.
But it might be good especially if Jordon is gone..they are really really high on the DE from Oregon.

If we trade up in THIS draft...for any player that is....then I'll crucify them on the spot. Jordan is a player wher I just don't see "it"...since many evaluators that I respect are high on him after film work, it would be a "wait and see" selection for me, but since I trust my eyes the most (go figure, lol) I wold probably cringe a little...I just don't see and feel the hype surrounding Jordan...some don't see it with Ansah....preferrence I guess or maybe I'm just missing something

#gmstrong

eotab #755466 04/09/13 11:49 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
2 months? Pfff, I was the first to have all 3 OTs go in the top 10

Let's all give a virtual hug the moment arises and we then at 7 pick some 2nd round prospect

#gmstrong

E
Legend
Legend
E
I smell Margus Hunt...lol

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If we trade up in THIS draft...for any player that is....then I'll crucify them on the spot. Jordan is a player wher I just don't see "it"...since many evaluators that I respect are high on him after film work, it would be a "wait and see" selection for me, but since I trust my eyes the most (go figure, lol) I wold probably cringe a little...I just don't see and feel the hype surrounding Jordan...some don't see it with Ansah....preferrence I guess or maybe I'm just missing something

they're not gonna trade up for anyone . What the scouts see ,is a tall speedy end who was lined up in multiple spots and unleased on the QB.
Good burst,yada yada..I question his frame,weight and ability to set the edge against the run.
But on this unit(if they select him) he would not be a starter, but in a rotation.

Ansah ..isn't that who U like? I haven't seen much of him to say much.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The rumor of Ansah being 28 has hurt him I think and he just has bad hands. I dont trust pass rushers with bad hands. I like him but i dont trust him to take him top 15. Jones appears to lack the athleticism and that will drop him but he does have great hands and they can make up for alot. Jones and Ansah are trending downward who knows.

I know we arent supposed to post rumors but this time of year that is all there is in the draft thread lol.

I would not be shocked with multiple trade downs. I could see us trading down with Miami and then pulling off another trade down with the 49ers if Star falls. People would be upset but some of the names I keep hearing from Escobar, EJ Manuel, the honey badger and the mystery corner will be in that early 2nd round area.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

The rumor of Ansah being 28 has hurt him I think and he just has bad hands. I dont trust pass rushers with bad hands. I like him but i dont trust him to take him top 15. Jones appears to lack the athleticism and that will drop him but he does have great hands and they can make up for alot. Jones and Ansah are trending downward who knows.

I know we arent supposed to post rumors but this time of year that is all there is in the draft thread lol.

I would not be shocked with multiple trade downs. I could see us trading down with Miami and then pulling off another trade down with the 49ers if Star falls. People would be upset but some of the names I keep hearing from Escobar, EJ Manuel, the honey badger and the mystery corner will be in that early 2nd round area.

Between visits and our shown interest this could be really interesting.

We've been linked heavily toward Escobar TE. And I believe he's a major target. Therefore Eifert's out.

We're also linked to liking upwards of EIGHT CB's. All of whom would be in our top 68 (3rd). This could very well mean that we have 2nd round corners rated nearly as close to guys like Milliner and Rhodes.

Translation? We all better start looking outside Milliner, Rhodes and Eifert if we move down.

Could it be a Warmack or Cooper? Trenches. Maybe yet another potential STUD on the DLine? Trench. Possibly yet another Front 7 guy that falls in the likes of Mingo or Jones? FS Vaccaro below 15ish?

All I can say is regardless of which way we are gonna go in a move down scenario. PLEASE stay away from ANYTHING Wide Receiver related.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the Browns are doing two things right now..one they WANT they get a second round pick..thats something I know 100%.

Next the defensive line scope has changed, this staff seeks big, strong DL at the point, penetrating type linemen.

Star L, and Floyd are in the mix @ 6..Banner/Lombardi want to build the trenches..they want pressure up front.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
If we do a "lateral move" by trading one of Taylor or Rubin for a 2nd and then draft one of the DL at 6 or mid 1st, I'll be

Pretty much the most stupid thing you could do at this point, even more stupid than drafting a QB or G at 6, and that's saying something, as that'd be stupid enough....

Yeah, let's trade away a good DL in his prime for a 2nd and draft a "hopeful" with a 1st..that's not even a lateral move, that'd be a backward fumble you "hope" to recover

For the sake of the Browns and my blood pressure, I hope they don't even THINK about this

#gmstrong

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Draft Stuff 2013

Link Copied to Clipboard