Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
There goes one of our free agent options at outside linebacker.

cfrs15 #757590 03/04/13 04:32 PM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Hartline can't play OLB

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jennings... :drool:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Cowboys tag Anthony Spencer

Man, I would have loved getting Spencer in FA

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
CalDawg #757594 03/04/13 06:23 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

x2

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would rather have Cook

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #757596 03/04/13 06:45 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I would rather have Cook

if you only knew what I thought you wrote when I glanced at this....

CalDawg #757597 03/04/13 06:50 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

+1

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

Quote:

I would rather have Cook

if you only knew what I thought you wrote when I glanced at this....

Cook...:drool:

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Your post made me laugh.

Jester #757600 03/04/13 07:46 PM
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Man I am glad Coo k didnt get tagged. I like him better than all the other options at TE and there are some good ones.

I would pass on Jennings. Too much $$ for his age.

Disappointed Spencer and Byrd got tagged but there are still some great options at OLB and FS. FA period cant get here soon enough.

Penny #757601 03/04/13 08:00 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Just take it day by day my man. No sense wishing your life away. Fifty years from now, you'll want this week back.

Trust me.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
cfrs15 #757602 03/04/13 08:14 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
We need the other side - Spencer is great but the hard position to get is the Ware position the Edge Rusher extraordinaire. The key word is "NEED" we "NEED" that WOLB. Spencer's position possibly Gocong n Sheard would be best there??? But the Urgent Need is not there compared to the other side.

Just thinking out loud. But Spencer was never on my personal wish list what ever that means.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #757603 03/04/13 08:19 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well look what the cat dragged in...... welcome back eo

Joe Thomas #73
eotab #757604 03/04/13 08:29 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
yea, the pass rushing weakside OLB is what we must have. Sheard is going to do fine on the strong side, hell he could be fantastic if we can get a counterpart. I dont know why people keep wanting to replace the guy, when he looks more like a 3-4 OLB than he did a strong side DE in the 4-3.

Mourgrym #757605 03/04/13 11:31 PM
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Mourgrym or EO, I am going to do something I rarely see and thats plead ignorance. In Hortons Scheme is the WOLB more of a cover guy? When I look at Timmons and Harrison I see a simular skillset. Both can cover (somewhat) but both get after the passer. Same with Suggs and Krueger. I dont think either are very good cover guys.

I had the impression both OLB would be expected to cover and attack the pass. Am I wrong?

EO good to see you made the switch. I had to a few days earlier due to the week long ban I endured.

Penny #757606 03/05/13 01:10 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Horton rushes both OLB's most of the time. Think Steelers defense but more aggressive. When he drops them back, it is into a short zone. He moves all of his backers around often. It is organized chaos. I thought he ran the most aggressive defense in the league last year.

It is an all out blitz, a run blitz towards the QB or faked blitz with OLBs dropping into coverage and secondary attacking from odd angles.

Mourgrym #757607 03/05/13 06:32 AM
All Pro
All Pro
Seven-year veteran wide receiver Greg Jennings avoids the franchise tag and hits unrestricted free agency for the first time in his career.

Reports have indicated that Jennings is looking for somewhere around $12 million a year in a new deal. It's hard to see him reaching that goal, but there are plenty of wide receiver-needy teams that have plenty of cap space, from the Indianapolis Colts to the Miami Dolphins.

In the video above, I break down Jennings' game, both his strengths and weakness.

From his run-after-the-catch ability to his expert route running, Jennings would be an excellent addition to any team running a West Coast Offense with a young signal-caller under center.

Of course, hanging over Jennings like a cloud is the fact that he missed a significant amount of time in 2012 with a groin injury.

GO BROWNS!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If that's an article, please post a link. If it's just a post, please post the video you broke down, and the break down.

#gmstrong
CalDawg #757609 03/05/13 09:07 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9015985/kansas-city-chiefs-get-deal-dwayne-bowe-tag-brandon-albert

Chiefs keep Bowe, Albert, Colquitt

The Kansas City Chiefs reached agreement on five-year contracts with receiver Dwayne Bowe and punter Dustin Colquitt on Monday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Williamson: Chiefs Are Kings For A Day

The Chiefs' new regime sent a strong message by securing three of the team's biggest free agents, Bill Williamson writes. Blog

The contracts with Bowe and Colquitt allowed the Chiefs to use their franchise tag on left tackle Branden Albert.

Bowe tweeted his thanks to the Chiefs on Monday afternoon.

"On vacation till I got the call that changed my life. I wanna thank the Hunt Family & the Chiefs organization," he wrote.

Colquitt is the highest-paid punter in NFL with his agreement, worth $18.75 million deal over five seasons, including $8.9 million guaranteed, according to a league source.

The Chiefs announced Colquitt's extension, but didn't disclose terms of the contract.

"John and I knew right away that we'd like to keep Dustin in a Chiefs uniform," coach Andy Reid said in a statement. "He's worked hard at his craft and has become one of the best punters in the NFL. He's got a strong leg and the ability to pin opponents deep in their own territory. We are happy we were able to come to an agreement."

The Chiefs said they would continue to negotiate on a long-term contract with Albert.

"Today was the league's deadline to designate a franchise player and we felt it was in the best interest of the Kansas City Chiefs to place the tag on Branden," general manager John Dorsey said in a statement announcing the move. "We will continue to negotiate with Branden and his agent to reach a deal that is mutually beneficial. We are looking forward to working with Branden in the near future."

Bowe was placed on injured reserve with a rib injury in December, finishing the 2012 season with 59 catches for 801 yards and three touchdown receptions.

He played last season on a $9.5 million deal as the team's franchise player.

Bowe, 28, had his best season in 2010, when he was voted to the Pro Bowl after catching 72 passes for 1,162 yards and a league-high 15 touchdowns.

He has caught 415 passes for 5,728 yards and 39 touchdowns in his six-year career.

The 28-year-old Albert has played in 73 games for Kansas City, including 71 starts.

Bowe On Decline?

Dwayne Bowe had three receiving touchdowns in 2012 after ranking fourth in the NFL with 20 from 2010-11. A look at his last three seasons:
Category 2010-11 2012
Rec PG 4.8 4.5
Rec YPG 72.5 61.6
Yds/Rec 15.2 13.6
Rec TD 20 3
-- ESPN Stats & Information

The Chiefs drafted Albert 15th overall in the 2008 draft.

The 30-year-old Colquitt had 42 punts inside the opponent's 20-yard line last season, just two short of the NFL record of 44.

He was selected to his first Pro Bowl last season and is ranked 18th all-time with a 44.7 average on his punts.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Miami Dolphins placed their franchise tag on defensive tackle Randy Starks, the team announced Monday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9014859/miami-dolphins-franchises-dt-randy-starks

The deadline for teams to use the franchise tag was 4 p.m. ET.

The team's decision means that left tackle Jake Long and receiver Brian Hartline will become unrestricted free agents on March 12 unless the Dolphins can agree to contracts with both players before then.

Starks will be guaranteed $8.45 million this season if he signs the franchise tender and plays this season under that designation, a big raise from the $3.72 million he earned in 2012.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id...abaugh-cap-move

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have released safety Gerald Sensabaugh, who confirmed the move Monday on his Twitter account.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9015381/dallas-cowboys-franchise-anthony-spencer-again
Cowboys tag Anthony Spencer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9014597/william-gay-re-signs-pittsburgh-steelers
Cornerback William Gay, who was released by the Arizona Cardinals last week, signed a three-year contract to return to the Pittsburgh Steelers, the team announced.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Any love for Jenkins in the #2 spot?

Vikings Release Michael Jenkins

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Cornerback William Gay, who was released by the Arizona Cardinals last week, signed a three-year contract to return to the Pittsburgh Steelers

Pitt worried they are losing Keenan Lewis?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dashon Goldson anyone? He'll want big money but that's what cap room is for.

49ers Unlikely to Resign Goldson

#gmstrong
#757615 03/05/13 11:13 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I thought no one could sign anyone until March 12th and cannot even talk to them until March 9th ... So here is my Question, How can the Steelers sign William Gay after being released by the Cardinals already?

CalDawg #757616 03/05/13 11:17 AM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I'm all about Goldson!

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Raiders tight end Brandon Myers hitting the market?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I thought no one could sign anyone until March 12th and cannot even talk to them until March 9th ... So here is my Question, How can the Steelers sign William Gay after being released by the Cardinals already?

He was released, no longer a member of the team. No tampering.

#gmstrong
B
All Pro
All Pro
B

Players released, if accrued enough years in the league (thus not going thru the waiver process), can become immediate free agents. The others that become free agents on March 12 become FA's because their contracts expire. March 12 is the first day of the new league year, all player contracts expire or turnover to the next year of the deal on that day.

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks Just Woondering

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
jk

So now that we know which players have and have not been tagged. Who are your top FA targets?

To keep this streamlined, the rules of the game are that you can pick one player on offense and one player on defense.

For me:

Offense - Jared Cook TE - TE is a huge part of the Chud/Norv offensive system. Cook can be a dynamic player if used correctly (unlike what Tennessee did).

Defense - Dannell Ellerbe ILb - I had a tough time here because we really need a CB upgrade and Keenan Lewis would be a great pick up. But Ellerbe will solidify the interior of our defense, bring some attitude and I would be targeting Xavier Rhodes in the 1st. Yes, even at #6. I think a lot of people will list Krugar but I think he is a good solid player who is overrated and will be tremendously overpaid.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I want Levitre (or Vasquez) & Goldson more than anyone.

Not sure about any of the tight ends. Want monster blocking as wel as hands.

Looks like Hartline is staying put.

LINK

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I understand the desire for an upgrade at OG. Those guys would be #2 on my offense FA list. I just feel that our current OG's are at least okay. TE is down to Jordan Cameron. And I think the addition of Cook could add a real dynamic component to the offense.

I could get on board with Goldson. With some arm twisting I could easily be convinced to change my Ellerbe to Goldson (or Lewis)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

But Ellerbe will solidify the interior of our defense,

I don't see Ozzie letting him walk out the door as an FA. Flaco's deal will only count $6.8M against the cap in 2013. This gives them plenty of room to get a deal done with Ellerbe. Since he's critical to the interior of their D, I wouldn't count on seeing him in a Browns uni any time soon.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

jk

So now that we know which players have and have not been tagged. Who are your top FA targets?

To keep this streamlined, the rules of the game are that you can pick one player on offense and one player on defense.

For me:

Offense - Jared Cook TE - TE is a huge part of the Chud/Norv offensive system. Cook can be a dynamic player if used correctly (unlike what Tennessee did).

Defense - Dannell Ellerbe ILb - I had a tough time here because we really need a CB upgrade and Keenan Lewis would be a great pick up. But Ellerbe will solidify the interior of our defense, bring some attitude and I would be targeting Xavier Rhodes in the 1st. Yes, even at #6. I think a lot of people will list Krugar but I think he is a good solid player who is overrated and will be tremendously overpaid.

Cook and Ellerbe would be great pickups, I would have loved Spencer but... I would go all out to get Gholston the CB from the Niners, also Paul Kruger is high on my list, I would love to sign a Vet WR, I would Target Jarvis Jones in the draft and if gone Milliner, if both are gone I would trade down and pick up more picks ... if we trade down I can see us taking Warmack or Cooper @ OG or with Chud WHO LOVES THE TE POSITION we could grab Eifert or Ertz @ TE ... JMHO

E
Legend
Legend
E
Although OG can get upgraded on - more LG easier than RG - Its no where close to being an URGENT NEED.

As you stated Cameron (n Smelley but I see him as a FB not TE) is by himself...I see adding one from FA and also draft.

FS although I like the prospects of Gipson we have more need of a FS than OG.

CB some good ones from FA available comes with a price of course. But we can upgrade on Sheldon Brown from FA.

LBs...JMJ??? Who knows? I liked what little I saw last year. Robertson too small for 3-4...good motor. I would love Ellerbe to join DQ on the inside.

Speed Rusher Extraordinaire...Desperately Need one...especially for our NEW 3-4 Attack D. Forget our previous Parcell Tree 3-4 defenses...no discipline Read n React. We are going attack...slashing DEs attacking blitzes from both Outside n In w/zone blitzes too. Mixing it up n confusing the O blocking schemes.

With his achilles tendon healed...I see Gocong prospering in this Attack Defense.

Sheard who knows. FA...just don't see much to help in the starting position. Again would love Ellerbe.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
What about Cary Williams from Baltimore being brought in for CB2? I haven't seen much chatter about that, but he would be great next to Haden. Too pricey?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm all about Goldson!

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Raiders tight end Brandon Myers hitting the market?

Myers had a huge year for the Raiders, and I get the feeling that he's looking for a huge payday.

He's a decent sized target, but I don't remember him having overwhelming size, speed, or blocking ability, but a reasonable contract might be worthwhile. .

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
You just described Cameron if he were just targeted more.

Looks like the Bears want Cook. LINK

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Free Agency II

Link Copied to Clipboard