Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
:Probably not getting enough blood on the test strip.

You cant eat a unlimited amount of fruits but eating a piece of fruit is better than eating a bag of chips. Your body processes real, natural sugars in fruits way better than it does junk carbs in processed foods.

Trust me , I am basically a single father, raising two kids, working full time plus OT, and getting ready to start school. I do not have much time or energy for cooking. Eating real foods is just a matter of choice, not a matter of convenience.

Another thing I have learned, if you do mess and eat, a bunch of donuts as an example. Follow it with lots of water. It will help flush it out of your system.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I don't plan on a bunch of junk food.

My problem is not one of time, (convenience) but rather that I simply cannot stand at the stove because of my back. When I have to go le down, I have to. That means turning off the heat and leaving whatever is cooking to sit.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Not sure what foods you like buddy but black beans, white beans, dates, blackberries, salmon, tuna, yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal, and peanut butter are all good choices. Try drinking skim milk with your meals and if you eat chocolate make it dark chocolate. Oh also try different wheat breads, I like wheat bread and buns now but I just can't stomach whole wheat (IE cardboard tasting) pasta.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I understand, so I am just saying their are healthy convenient options that don't have to be processed crap.

KING

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Quote:

Not sure what foods you like buddy but black beans, white beans, dates, blackberries, salmon, tuna, yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal, and peanut butter are all good choices. Try drinking skim milk with your meals and if you eat chocolate make it dark chocolate. Oh also try different wheat breads, I like wheat bread and buns now but I just can't stomach whole wheat (IE cardboard tasting) pasta.

I bought some kind of premium whole grain buns the other day and I had to throw them out.

I don't know what they seasoned them with, but they had this really disgusting, and strong flavor to them. I ate part of one and damn near threw up.

I'm sure that I will eventually find stuff I like ..... but I have a feeling that I am going to go through a lot of crap I despise in the meanwhile.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I really wish that I hadn't started this damn thread ........

I went to the doctor the other day ...... and I am borderline diabetic ...... so I can't have any goodies like donuts anymore.

This stupid thread is a constant reminder .....and I can almost taste a nice, hot, Krispy Kreme ........

LOL, I get your drift and feel your pain.. But here's a little secret,, you can indeed indulge from time to time. Not to excess, but you can.

Get your numbers in line,, stay on the lower end of the acceptable range (80 to 120) and every once in a while, you can jump off the wagon.

Mind you, you can't 'be a damn fool about it, but getting a donut once in a while isn't the end of the world.

but first things first, get those numbers in line by eating right getting as much exercise as you can (yes, I know for you that's not easy)

Then, once the numbers are in line, you can get a donut and nobody will care.. and yeah, you'll spike for a couple of hours,, but you'll be ok overall.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with this tester ....... you have to put the strip in before you take the blood. lol

Guess I should have read the directions first.

My first reading post doctor visit was a 149, and that was about 4 hours after breakfast. I think that's in the normal range for a "random test" ...... granted with medication.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with this tester ....... you have to put the strip in before you take the blood. lol

My first reading post doctor visit was a 149, and that was about 4 hours after breakfast. I think that's in the normal range for a "random test" ...... granted with medication.

LOL Yeah,, put the strip in the gadget (reader), then test the blood.. works much better. 149 isn't the end of the world,, But you wanna be between 80 and 120 to stay in line.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I went online and found the incredibly helpful answer of 120 or under for a fasting test, or between 100-200 for a random test. lol

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I went online and found the incredibly helpful answer of 120 or under for a fasting test, or between 100-200 for a random test. lol

I can't tell you what they mean by Random testing, but I test when I wake up, I test two hours after lunch and I test two hours after dinner according to my doctors instructions.

If I'm between 80 and 120, no alarm.. couple of points either way, no problem either.

Never heard of anything, random or otherwise saying 200 was ok..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I think that random is considered anything not a fasting test.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think that random is considered anything not a fasting test.

I never fast, I just eat foods that are good for me and the condition I have. Like I said, no doctor has talked to me about fasting tests at all.

This I'll tell you, if you skip lunch for any reason and take a test, your number is gonna be low if you haven't eaten since breakfast.

But you can't go through life always fasting.

The biggest difference between now and before I found out is, portion size. I eat less of everything.

I did stop deserts almost completely, I don't put sugar in my coffee anymore, I use Truvia (it's the only substitute I like and I've tried most of them)

I'm not supposed to eat pasta or Italian bread, but I do, but again, in moderation. and not nearly as often as I used to. I eat way more fish and chicken then ever before. I used to like Salami but now it's more ham.

Potatos, wow, I love my potatos, but again, in moderation.

After I quit smoking, I ballooned up big.. over 260 from 195ish. (I'm 6'2" so I can carry 200 and be decent)

Wheat bread isn't bad, but I like Rye better as a substitute for Italian. (never been a big wonderbreak kinda guy anyway)

Just be sensible about portions, cut back or eliminate fast foods, eat some salads with ham and cheese sliced up on it, use a low fat, low sodium dressing (I like vinegar and oil)

Your weight will drop, your blood glucose level will drop, then you can have your donuts from time to time..

Good luck man. Code:

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

WEll 149 ISNT optimal but that's not bad. Anything over 2 hours or more from eating is considered a fasting test.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J / C..

I thought this thread was about Colts last game played, when he was Dunkin all the balls into the turf. Now I see it was about him Dunkin Donuts in coffee. And now it's totally hijacked...

Last edited by DeisleDawg; 03/02/13 03:53 PM.
Legend
Legend
Should have bought a Krispy Kreme...

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

149 is a high reading, 4 hours after eating.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'm still trying to make up my mind if I want to give up smoking, drinking, and eating and live 30 more unhappy years or keep smoking, drinking, and eating what I want while enjoying my last 20 years

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm still trying to make up my mind if I want to give up smoking, drinking, and eating and live 30 more unhappy years or keep smoking, drinking, and eating what I want while enjoying my last 20 years

Bud, if you don't give up the smoking you might have 20, as you say, but it could be years, months, days or minutes. I went cold turkey after 30 years of smoking. All you need in the proper motivation and it's very easy.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Quote:

Well, I gave up smoking years ago and haven't misses it one bit ....... haven't had a drink in about 3 years ....... and food was my last comfort.

On the bright side ..... I found some whole wheat buns that I actually like. lol

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Bud, if you don't give up the smoking you might have 20, as you say, but it could be years, months, days or minutes. I went cold turkey after 30 years of smoking. All you need in the proper motivation and it's very easy.

and I could get hit by a bus tomorrow, shot by a angry husband next week, or nagged to death by my wife next month

Legend
Legend
Now Ytown you still have one last comfort

Wild woman

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It was Novemeber 7th, 2006 1:30 PM.. My last cig. Went from 4 packs a day to ZERO.. Then had Triple A surgery 3 weeks later on Dec 1, 2006.

I've not missed smoking,, But I sure as hell miss my skinny body.. That was all but gone until I found out I was diabetic and boy that's a wake up call..

About a year after quitting and surgery, I felt way better from a breathing standpoint, but the weight was booming.

Now I feel great,, lost almost all of the added LB's and still don't smoke.

It's really worth quitting. One friend to another, it's REALLY worth it.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I quit in 2008. Best decision Ive ever made.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Quote:

Wild woman

With my back the way it is, wild women aren't quite the comfort they once were either.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Wild woman

With my back the way it is, wild women aren't quite the comfort they once were either.

Just flip the w over and that should just about take care of it.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Unfortunately, most take it the wrong way when my back acts up and hour or 2 into a date and I tell them that I have to lay down in bed for a while ......... lol (kinda, but not really)

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Unfortunately, most take it the wrong way when my back acts up and hour or 2 into a date and I tell them that I have to lay down in bed for a while ......... lol (kinda, but not really)

The Right woman won't complain LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

My prediction: Colt decides to work the counter and on his first customer he gets nervous and checks down from a regular coffee and bavarian cream donut to a decaf coffee and a glaze donut.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Colt McCoy Goes "Dunkin"

Link Copied to Clipboard