Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Ugh. Gotta wrap up.

Legend
Legend
Browns | Ryan Nassib to work out

Tue, 02 Apr 2013 11:30:00 -0700

The Cleveland Browns will work out Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib Thursday, April 4.

Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/13/NFL#ixzz2PN1h0gbZ

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Blech

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Blech

Double Blech!

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
No thanks. Blech for me as well!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm not high on Nassib myself, but there are some raving tape reviews out there on him from guys I respect a lot....QB are always somewhat gambles, so as long as we don't waste multiple picks to get him, I'm ok with him as a 2nd or 3rd round pick gamble

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
D
Legend
Legend
D
I don't think we should have a QB whose name looks like something from Today's Jumble. It would nag at me every time I saw it ... nassib, sabnis, basnis, nibsas, assbin ... blech.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I won't differentiate from Visit here or there too difficult: Summary so far.

1. Geno Smith QB
2. Matt Scott QB
3. Datone Jones DE
4. Dion Jordan OLB
5. Sheldon Richardson NT
6. Don Jones Safety
7. Kenny Stills WR
8. Millner CB
9. Honey Badger CB
10. EJ Manuel QB
11. DJ Searinger Safety
12. Jonathon Cooper OG
13. Logan Ryan CB
14. Larry Warford OG
15. Tavon Austin WR
16. Ryan Nassib QB

Again Thanks Dawgs - keep them coming appreciate discussion to a minimum...maybe a dawg might want to start a thread "Discussing the Scheduled Visiting Prosprects" 14-17 more visits allowed. Note I think we can visit like 60 something but only bring in 30 to Berea. I wonder if we are going to pick a QB??? which one will be there when we pick in the 3rd?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
N
Legend
Legend
N
glad we are working out many of the QBs. that is something we should do so that we can get a better comparison and also not allow other teams to know who our true targets in the draft really are.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Add Ansah and Escobar to the list.
-------------------------------------------------

BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah, San Diego State TE Gavin Escobar to visit Browns, according to report

By Nate UlrichPublished: April 3, 2013

The Browns will host Brigham Young defensive end/outside linebacker Ezekiel “Ziggy” Ansah and San Diego State tight end Gavin Escobar during pre-draft visits, Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net reported today.

Ansah is visiting the Philadelphia Eagles today and has subsequent visits lined up with the Browns and Arizona Cardinals, according to the report. Most draft analysts project the 6-foot-5, 271-pound Ansah as an early first-round pick.

“Ziggy Ansah is going to be a top-five guy,” ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. said today during a conference call. “At the worst, top 10.”

Ansah, a Ghana native, has played football for only three years, but his natural ability allowed him to stand out at the Senior Bowl and the NFL Scouting Combine. Last season, he had 62 tackles, including 13 for loss and 4 ½ sacks.

Escobar is visiting the Eagles today and will then go to spend time with the Carolina Panthers and Browns, according to the report.

NFLDraftScout.com projects Escobar as a second- or third-round pick. The 6-6, 254-pound Escobar compiled 122 catches and 17 touchdowns the past three seasons.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Ansah yes!
I remember in 05 when we didn't bring in Ware or Merriman I was pretty disappointed that my guy Merriman was not in on the visit n at that point our First round pick had always Visited.

Just a note Taylor never made it to the visited thread list...After the draft I found out he did come in So I think our First round Pick has ALWAYS came into Berea!

So my personal Pimp is Ansah for us will be in...although I think we are targeting Jordan n possibly if he is gone Ansah might be the pick??? TE add another for a Drop down situation. A lot of these guys brought in will be no where taken at Overall #6 and NO CHANCE of being there when we pick in the 3rd? (68???) I smell ONE to TWO Possible Trade Backs???

JMHO n Happy about Ansah!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

T
Legend
Legend
T
I'm gonna be a little down as soon as I learn DJ Fluker Ot, Alab, is drafted by anyone else but the Browns. I read the story from the team site on him 2 weeks ago, and he looks like a FINE player to spend a 1st rounder on. And the probability that they could trade down, and still get him, would be icing on the cake.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Matt Barkley visiting

I just threw up in my mouth.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

Matt Barkley visiting

I just threw up in my mouth.

He should visit.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
So, pretty much everyone you'd see in a first round mock...

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
More than likely gone by the end of the 2nd round..I see him as the #4 OT behind the 3 early LTs that will go. So very possible he won't get out of the 1st round.

Probably the two most SET IN STONE POSITIONS we have would be LT n RT - Fluker seems like a good prospect but absolutely no shot of us thinking about him let alone slotting just won't put us in position. Why do you set yourself up for being "a little down"

"I'm gonna be a little down as soon as I learn DJ Fluker Ot, Alab, is drafted by anyone else but the Browns."

I mean the odds that a team other than us will draft Fluker is like 99.99%.

I assume you are just expressing how much you like him as opposed to actually thinking the Browns will draft him. ???

As for the visits...nobody can say we are not having our options open...lol

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

R
Rookie
Rookie
R
tab, my only picks worth the #6 pick are milliner, jordan and warmack. so think about this. if milliner and jordan have already been selected and lombardi can not trade down, what do you do. i don't think any olb or de is worthy of the #6 pick with the exception of jordan. everyone else has seriour flaws. i feel at 6 we should get a probowl type player not a 3 yr bust.

Legend
Legend
Carradine? Ansah? Moore? Okafor?

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Quote:

I'm gonna be a little down as soon as I learn DJ Fluker Ot, Alab, is drafted by anyone else but the Browns. I read the story from the team site on him 2 weeks ago, and he looks like a FINE player to spend a 1st rounder on. And the probability that they could trade down, and still get him, would be icing on the cake.

He honestly has the worst movement skills I've ever seen of any offensive lineman. We also don't need a tackle. I'm not sure why your so upset.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Anyone else think it's a bit odd we are using so many of our visits for OLBs and DL? I mean I understand smoke and mirrors but one would think they wouldn't waste so many to do so. I have been blasted for saying Sheard may get traded. I'm starting to think Rubin may be out the door too!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Millner,Jordan gone n nobody wants to trade up to our #6 who do we pick.

Well if they believe n fell in love with Geno Smith (not my pick trying to think about our guys) you just don't let a Franchise QB go if don't have one. All up to Chud n Norv. Odd are they will pass on that. We might get somebody just as worthy in the 3rd round???

For ME...Ziggy who has came. Would be my #1...heck for me...Ziggy is my first pick regardless of Millner...Jordan 2nd.

I think we see a lot of good pieces here on O just no certainty on Weeden.

I think we are looking at us becoming VERY competitive with a GREAT ATTACKING Defense. Especially if we become a high scoring O as in 07. We want the 3 outs to be often n awesome. OLB is the best for us. Kruger, Ziggy/Jordan, Sheard, Groves...heck passing downs All 4 in

Also we got Star - Datone Jones might be the best 3-4 attack DE for us???

I doubt we go at #6. Just like I doubt we got for OG at #6.

I think we got one IMPACT Draft pick and that is #6...We got to go with D as there is the strength in this draft (besides Left Tackles).

Heck I might draft Fischer n do a trade with somebody shortly after

But if we got Ziggy/Mingo or whoever as the stud OLB Impact pick (you stated Jordan is gone) we could also make Sheard a late first round pick Draft Day Trade???

The only flaw in Ziggy that would change my mind...is if he was truly 28.

But notice there hasn't been ONE PEEP since that rumor was put out there! Keep in mind every NFL Team has an Investigation staff. If it came true it would be out there all over the place!

Just Lombardi putting that rumor out there to make sure he drops to us

Lets get that AWESOME D!!! Its all about the LBs in the 3-4 if we were 4-3 I'd be saying its all about the DL!

JMHO

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

C
Legend
Legend
C
I'm drafting Rhodes if both Milliner and Jordan are gone. Ansah scares me.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm drafting Rhodes if both Milliner and Jordan are gone. Ansah scares me.

Yeah, I'm not a big Ansah fan either.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Good, Increases the odds he will be a Brown

Hey Django n I agree on this one I believe...its got to be

No bust in this kid...perfect to be the signature of our NEW Attack D.

1. Savage stated from early tweets with Lombardi - Ziggy n Millner are our targets at 6.

2. Early on before the combine it was mentioned in a Presser by Haslam that we are going to go Defense n we will be happy cause we are targeting somebody who is now moving up the board. When I read this way back when - I'm thinking GREAT this has to mean Ziggy my favorite (before the combine n still now) then I thought others because we didn't have a visit scheduled - now we do n Millner was not moving up the board he was always close to the top 5.

I don't want to get too excited cause I'd hate to get depressed when he's taken #2 or something.

Last year I got so excited telling all in Oct 2011 that we will get a chance at our Franchise QB RG3...was berated a bit by some as no way he will go as early as #22...I was like 22??? I'm looking for us to get him at #4!!! man was I depressed in mid April

Ziggy is not to be worried about...he is going to be AMAZING!!! Only worry is us getting a shot at him!

JMHO of course

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
You say there's no bust in this kid ....... but I certainly don't see any such guarantees.

He is all upside at this point. He has had 2 years of football in his life.He has really only played one. He played with a great pass rusher in school, taking pressure off of him.

He lacks a great 1st step, and doesn't really have elite quickness. He can get tied up if an OL gets his hands on him. I really don't see him as a ferocious edge pass rusher. (which is what we would want if we drafted him as a 3-4 OLB)

I do think that he'll be a nice player in the NFL ..... but I still wonder if this is a guy who is who is going to dominate as a pass rusher.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Every single one of the pass rushers in this draft has question marks, but I think when you watch Ansah play, you know o you'll gonna get a beast vs the run and 100% effort, dude loves to tackle and dish out hits...he's a big man who can run and plays an aggressive, attacking style...does that sound like something that our new DC was looking for?

I don't see the same passion and all out hustle with Jordan or Jones....especially Jones to me looks like a stat whore on tape and not much of a team player that understands down and distance (situatonal football) and sacrifices himself for the good of his team

Ansah has the athleticism and physicality to improve given reps and practice, it speaks volumes that he's already as good as prospects that have started for 3 seasons+. There wasn't even much time to coach him up yet, he does it all on natural instincts and athleticism right now....he's more than smart enough to pick up NFL coaching and he'll excel. If he's there at 6 and we don't pick him, then we will regret it big time. Try a pick swap with the Cards if there's a bidding for the last LT, but I think it'd be a mistake to miss out on him for an additional 2nd rounder

#gmstrong

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

No bust in this kid

MAJOR disagree.

Ansah has the HIGHEST Bust potential in this draft.

He's got ZERO to look at. It's not even up for debate that everyone is basing this man-crush on potential and physicality.

Major boom or bust on this kid.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

Legend
Legend
"Kugbila (6-4, 362) is expected to go in the third or fourth round."

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As it stands now.....???.....I believe.

NOTE: The numbers to the right of the name and position is where NFLDraftScout has them ranked "Overall" followed by their "Position Rank". The #s/rankings are from NFLDraftScout only cause it's what I use.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013

1. Geno Smith QB..........................................#12 overall, #1 QB.
2. Matt Scott QB............................................#113 overall, #8 QB.
3. Datone Jones DE........................................#22 overall, #3 DE.
4. Dion Jordan OLB.........................................#8 overall, #1 OLB.
5. Sheldon Richardson DT...............................#18 overall, #3 DT.
6. Don Jones S..............................................#325 overall, #14 SS.
7. Kenny Stills WR.........................................#125 overall, #15 WR.
8. Millner CB..................................................#7 overall, #1 CB.
9. Honey Badger CB.......................................#88 overall, #12 CB.
10. EJ Manuel QB..........................................#51 overall, #4 QB.
11. DJ Searinger S..........................................#97 overall, #5 FS
12. Jonathon Cooper OG.................................#13 overall, #2 OG.
13. Logan Ryan CB........................................#87 overall, #11 CB.
14. Larry Warford OG......................................#48 overall, #3 OG.
15. Tavon Austin WR......................................#15 overall, #2 WR.
16. Ryan Nassib QB.......................................#49 overall, #3 QB.
17. Matt Barkley QB.......................................#25 overall, #2 QB.
18. Kyle Long OL............................................#59 overall, #8 OT.
19. Sharrif Floyd DT.........................................#4 overall, #1 DT.
20. Barkevious Mingo OLB..............................#10 overall, #2 OLB.
21. Star Lotulelei DT.......................................#17 overall, #2 DT.
22. Eric Fisher OT..........................................#3 overall, #2 OT.
23. Edmond Kugbila OG.................................#287 overall, #16 OG.

I'll try to update the overall and/or position ranking as needed if they change.

Below are the "By Position" totals.

5 QB's
1 DE
2 OLB's
3 DT's
2 S's
2 WR's
3 CB's
3 OG's
2 OT's

Legend
Legend
I have watched him play on his highlights. (on the site that someone posted that shows every play a player made the tackle on)

He is a big, strong kid. He's really doesn't have that elite first step. He has solid, bit far from elite quickness. It also seems like if a defender locks onto him, then he is done. He has very limited experience. We have all seen players who play great for a year, or really, part of a year ....... then do nothing from there.

If we were still a 4-3 team, and needed a DE to play the larger DE role opposite Sheard, then I might consider Ansah for that role. However, we aren't. We are a 3-4 team. Ansah would have to play OLB. I don't see him as a premium OLB candidate.

If we draft him, then obviously I will hope that he is an elite player ..... but he worries me more than most players at the top of the draft.

I could see him becoming Gerard Warren ....... a decent long term NFL player ..... but never what he was drafted to be. I can see him being a good player, but never a great one.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Quote:

You say there's no bust in this kid ....... but I certainly don't see any such guarantees.

No offense...I trust my football more than yours...obviously you feel the same way. I don't take offense.

fist step, OL gets a hands on...pffft - hogwash. What film were you looking at? Ansah is so new - like now other excelling in this sport - EVER...I mean EVER what are you looking at to state that.

This is what I see.
I see what he did his first 5 starts...a lot of what you are assessing.
I saw what he did his last 4 starts...night n day n improvement is astounding.
I saw what he did in the Senior Bowl Practices n then TOOK OVER THE GAME throwing you analysis btw in the toilet...squooooosh flushing it. This against All Stars
Improving so much over the last college game starts out of his 9!

Not just improvement but incredible improvement. He works hard, he is not just a physical phenom to fear. I've seen him improve his TECHNIQUE at a rate I HAVE NEVER "NEVER" SEEN BEFORE.

Combine: I saw the DE from the DL groups that were asked to work out with LB drills.
Again now we are talking about a transition n the biggest question is can a college DE transition to the NFL 3-4 Defense (LB). In these drills he responded amazingly - nobody would be able to guess he was the one who never saw a football helmet 3 years ago. His transition actually was one of the best out of the entire group. Looked smooth n flexible also Ansah alphabetically he was always THE FIRST doing the drill n did it flawlessly just how the coach directed...not once did I see a coach having to stop him n say no do it this way!

Kids fail cause of they cannot make the transition...Heck Football is a transition for him learning the OLB position seems so easy for him cause he's been doing that for 3 years.

Raw yes but a progression of the likes I have never seen before. I see no flags of Risk.

As I said the 28 age thing rumor which right now is comical cause nothing has been said n it stinks of a team putting the rumor out there hoping he will drop.

Technique in a Oct. Dec. Feb...progression was amazing. You going to tell me with a straight face that he "Lacks a great 1st step". "Doesn't have elite quickness", "Gets tied up if the OL gets his hands on him"...

1st off the last one sort of can be said with all prospects.
But regardless...just what Senior Bowl were you watching n it makes your first two quotes actually Comical.

Cause he has an AMAZING great 1st step Sorry I got to question your evaluation.

Doesn't have elite quickness...he took over that Senior Bowl against class a RT n ran down so many plays that were to the opposite side. Again I have to question your evaluation. Cause that simply was shot down again in the Senior Bowl.

And what we don't KNOW is how much Growth he has...what he did in Oct...what he did in Dec...what he did in Feb...was amazing GROWTH n PROGRESS a transformation from RAW to the best prospect in the draft.

JMHO..we should be so lucky to get a STUD with his potential n Hard work ethic n Intelligence and responds so WELL TO COACHING! A kid who can actually DOMINATE A GAME...

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Thanks for the list TTT...you did omit Ziggy Ansah the guy in discussion.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
We'll see who is right, and who is wrong about this kid.

I have never been afraid to admit when I've been wrong. It's happened on occasion. I own up to my mistakes.

Frankly, if we draft this kid, then I strongly hope that I am wrong and you are right. I can take being told "I told you so", if it benefits the Browns.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Vice Versa...see ya in 3 years...lol

Just got to remember you are talking about MY PERSONAL FAVORITE Prospect for the Browns to Draft. Not just disagreeing with you. Putting my entire reputation on this evaluation AND ITS APRIL! Not a February Everett Brown moment. But an April lets get Orakpo moment

We have a shot to get a Dominant player - take over the game...when was the last time we had that??? Chip Banks at times before mistaking the hash marks for Coke
Clay was just Solid Good...I just cannot remember a Game Breaker ever being on our team...we almost got Reggie White he would have been. Risk...the risk would be not to take him just my final pimp on this thread....lol : D

DJ - jump in here anytime you want... j/k I know you did already

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Love his feet. Hate his hands. "Beware of pass rushers with bad hands. Beware! Beware! Beware!" In my best Vincent Price voice lol.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He has no clue how to use his hands, that's right...that's the "projection" part, but the way and tempo this guy has mastered the game is astonishing. I'm confident he'll get it to AVG in a couple of years..until then, he still gets the run around and hustle sacks, because he has the athleticism and motor

...and nobody can deny that Ansah is the definition of player that Horton is asking for

Folks, I agree with EO on a prospect, it's an epic occurance, the stars have aligned, ask your god of preference, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for the Browns

#gmstrong

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Draft Prospects that have scheduled visits.

Link Copied to Clipboard